Barbarian's Invoke skill name changed

Options
patupapa
patupapa Posts: 39 Arc User
Hey everyody!! I'm not sure when did this change happen exactly, since i rarely look at the skill, because It's so simple and haven't changed in the past years

but.... I can confirm the original name used to be

"Invoke the Spirit of the Black Tortoise"

The new is "Invoke the spirit"

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes, and?
    Most people just call it Invoke anyway, what's the problem?

I'm pretty sure the skill name was always "Invoke the spirit", just the description that had something about the black tortoise in it.

Also, claiming you can "confirm" this and then proceed to show no evidence, doesn't confirm anything.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• patupapa
    patupapa Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Yes, and?

I'm pretty sure the skill name was always "Invoke the spirit", just the description that had something about the black tortoise in it.

Also, claiming you can "confirm" this and then proceed to show no evidence, doesn't confirm anything.​​

Sorry bro Im barb player since... Forever xD... I know my skills :)
    In any case, it was an unannunced change... So there is that...

Maybe it was intended? maybe not? In either case, im just informing PW, and expecting a response from them.
    Not looking to chat with smartypants like you.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Hello!

Surtr took a look over the loc, but it doesn't seems like we can find anything even as far back into the 500's as far as localization is concerned referencing "Black Tortoise".

Some localization doesn't get specified if it's typos (like a misplaced letter), but any bigger changes or anything specifically called out by users will get noted. Do you happen to have an older SS of this skill by any chance?
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Options
    patupapa wrote: »
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Yes, and?

Also, claiming you can "confirm" this and then proceed to show no evidence, doesn't confirm anything.

Sorry bro Im barb player since... Forever xD... I know my skills :)
    In any case, it was an unannunced change... So there is that...

Maybe it was intended? maybe not? In either case, im just informing PW, and expecting a response from them.
    Not looking to chat with smartypants like you.

It was always invoke the spirit, your lack of evidence of your claim is your problem.
    Look up any guide, any wiki page and check the history and there's nothing about a black tortoise in the skill name, or do you want to say everyone who ever wrote anything about the skill is wrong?
    Only in the description, at least in the wiki page: click for the diff between current version (though 2015 page) and a august 2009 version, and look for invoke the spirit there. The skill is still called invoke the spirit, but the description has black tortoise in it.
    Or even better: this diff
    That was written a 7ish months after release of PWI.

Now, unless you have some screenshot or revision history of before that, i'm calling BS on your claim. Call me smartypants all you want, but you're the one with no evidence.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• yoabu#2667
    yoabu#2667 Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    Back in the day, on PWMY-EN, where Barbarians were Werebeasts, this skill was called Black Tortlen Possess. I don't recall it ever being called anything else than this or Invoke the Spirit (the PWI version since forever).