So.. which skills did u get and why?

I am not sure my self which ones to get

So if you have any ideas please share thank you~

<3<3<3
x9YPRak.jpg

Comments

• fabianocst
    fabianocst Posts: 6 Arc User
    I didn't have time to play yet but I'm eager to get those skills which invalidate genies. I am also curious about at least 4 effects of Vital Herb.
  • iamtearsh
    iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
    but we cant get those yet atm cos that's gon be for our nxt lvl of culti :'(
    x9YPRak.jpg

• zefyrin
    zefyrin Posts: 16 Arc User
    I only got Nature's Vengeance so far. I only have 85m spirit, so I have to be careful about which skills I learn. >.<

Is Sage NV's 20% chance for +30 chi negated by glyphed version, because it certainly seems like it...?

I'm also curious about the glyphed version of Vital Herb! But they really only seem useful if your glyph is at Lv10...?​​
    periapt - 103/102/101 sage mystic on Tideswell
    Zero_Phoenix - 102/101/100 sage cleric
    Lambent - 101/101/101 demon cleric
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    You lose the Sage/Demon version of the skills when they combine. Most of the combined skills are slight upgrades to the previous version, but in the case of Sage NV they lose a bit. You can put a glyph in it to get 20 chi on every attack, which is nice.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    zefyrin wrote: »
    I only got Nature's Vengeance so far. I only have 85m spirit, so I have to be careful about which skills I learn. >.<

Is Sage NV's 20% chance for +30 chi negated by glyphed version, because it certainly seems like it...?

I'm also curious about the glyphed version of Vital Herb! But they really only seem useful if your glyph is at Lv10...?​​

The base chi gain of NV was increased by 5 to compensate for the loss of sage bonus. The sage bonus averages out to 6 chi/cast, so you do lose 1 chi per cast by upgrading.

OTOH, sage BiTC gains an extra 5 chi, so it's still a win-win for either cult.
  • iamtearsh
    Anyone using that shield tho?
    x9YPRak.jpg

• zefyrin
    zefyrin Posts: 16 Arc User
    Thanks for the responses, capnk and dregenfox!

Sage NV was actually the reason I stayed Sage. With glyphs, there's a good chance I'll switch back to demon.

The shield is a Celestial Saint skill, so no one has it yet.​​
    periapt - 103/102/101 sage mystic on Tideswell
    Zero_Phoenix - 102/101/100 sage cleric
    Lambent - 101/101/101 demon cleric
  • capnk
    The shield is from Nature's Vengeance, so it is available now. Is it good? Not really. Each cast puts a shield based on 10% of *your* hp, up to a maximum shield of 20% of *target's* hp. So it has some potential use on catabarbs in TW. The casting time: benefit ratio isn't really good right now. At higher glyph levels the percent of target's hp rises, but it still goes up based on 10% of your hp.

Since they're related, I'll talk about the attack version of Break in the Clouds. This is a slight upgrade over Nature's Vengeance. Faster channel and cast time, and does slightly more damage (not much more). Swapping NV to shield and BitC to attack is a losing trade overall, because you're losing the massive heal from BitC.

In PVE, you want both skills as attacks, using a macro of (U-turn arrow), BitC, NV. This is some crazy dps.

In PVP you want NV as attack and BitC as heal unless you are doing nothing but supporting other people and not defending yourself.
  • capnk
    Played around with different Absorb Soul glyphs.

Argent glyph (chargeable) is really really bad. You can fire it instantly by tapping it twice or holding the skill button down. If you tap it once the skill will continue charging until it reaches normal AS duration or until you tap a second time. Instant version does less damage than unglyphed Nature's Vengeance. Full charge does about 15% more than Nature's Vengeance. Horrible horrible damage. Don't use this.

Sanguine glyph is interesting. Percent damage is better than all other versions of AS, but it no longer combines with Nature's Vengeance. Overall damage is slightly worse than NV+normal AS. This could be the go-to glyph for sleep combos, since you don't have to time a NV before you lyse sleep plant (and add extra risk of triggering enemy purify).

Ethereal glyph (reduced channeling time) is poor. It's still slow as hell. You're better off glyphing Storm Dance for improved chance of instant cast and leaving AS unglyphed than use this.

Verdant glyph is extra PVE damage. Why would you ever use AS in PVE?

Golden glyph is extra PVP damage. This is probably the best overall glyph to use on AS. The damage increase is small, but it's a straight upgrade to the standard AS playstyle.

Glyphs on Absorb Soul are pretty underwhelming overall. I think once we unlock the rest of the skills this will be a skill that we don't bother glyphing.
  • iamtearsh
    So guys which skills are you using now and which glyphs?
    i basically just use NV,BitC and AS.. BitC and NV glyhed to get more chi.. -_-
    x9YPRak.jpg

• terryu
    terryu Posts: 52 Arc User
    For the three slots and five skills we have available at the moment this is what I'm using:
    - NV glyphed for extra chi or damage depending on what I'm doing.
    - BitC glyphed for extra chi
    - Either Absorb soul glyphed at the charge for an quick double-tap interrupt or swirling mist for extra chance at decreasing wood resistance.

Important to note: Absorb soul doesn't hit through physical immunity anymore. I haven't been fond of the damage it did anyways lately due to my gear, and I've tested and know that the damage on white glyph is complete rubbish. However, having a fast ranged interrupt is something I'm trying to get used to in my kit for cancelling veno ultis, boa's, etc. Still need some more time to play around with it though.

Originally when I read over the glyphs and thought about it, i was really underwhelmed by the AS glyphs and wrote them off. But it's pretty nice to consider the white AS glyph purely for interrupting.
    terrytini (Mystic)
    - Tempest (Tideswell Server)
  • capnk
    edited April 2017
    terryu wrote: »
    Important to note: Absorb soul doesn't hit through physical immunity anymore.

Absorb Soul never hit through physical immunity. Did you mean elemental immunity?
  • jasgar
    jasgar Posts: 25 Arc User
    capnk wrote: »
    terryu wrote: »
    Important to note: Absorb soul doesn't hit through physical immunity anymore.

Absorb Soul never hit through physical immunity. Did you mean elemental immunity?

It actually did damage certain phys immune mobs and bosses before upgrading. I noticed the change right away :(

Jasriana- 105/105/105 Mystic (Etherblade)
  • iamtearsh
    Geezzzzzz what else changed?
    x9YPRak.jpg

• capnk
    Still experimenting with the Celestial Saint skills, but a few notes:

Thicket: Argent glyph produces a new debuff that disables enemy genie for 6 seconds. The debuff looks like a cursive X. It cannot be purified, but it can be avoided with Tidal Protection. I haven't messed with it, but Ethereal glyph should be a fairly reliable damage boost even at low glyph levels.

Vital Herb: Do not use Sanguine Glyph. Ever. The damage boost overwrites triple spark and is much worse of a boost.

Okay let's talk about Argent glyph. The target is very important. If you have no target, you and nearby squadmates will become untargetable. Enemies can still see you, but cannot click on you. If you have an enemy targeted, THEY will become untargetable AND their squadmates. Obviously you do not want to do this, but it may have some niche uses (making a cleric lose their target for example). I need to test what happens if you use it on an allied person in a different squad. I think it might make their squad untargetable instead of yours. I think the text about "can summon your target" means you can target enemies, which means the other glyphs can also? Need to test.

Comforting Mist: Golden glyph does indeed hit all enemies within 25 meters. The damage is about the same as one Nature's Vengeance, so not too exciting. But you could clear an area with triple spark, rapid growth, lucky break. Sadly it did not get an animation change like cleric aoe.

Nature's Barrier: Argent gives the same genie debuff as Thicket. It is not an attack and does not do damage. Golden glyph gives you the same buff as sin's Deaden Nerves. It doesn't reduce damage but you just don't die. Once I managed to ignore two different 1-hit effects with it in Dawnlight, not sure if that's something you can rely on.

Storm Dance: I tried out level 5 Ethereal, the reduced channeling feels good. Storm Dance was one of those skills that felt just a little too long before, and it's pretty nice like this.
  • capnk
    Okay I tested it. All Vital Herb glyphs except Golden affect your target and their squad. This means you can give chi, purify, attack buff, make untargetable any squad near you by targeting a member of that squad. With no target the buffs affect your squad.
  • iamtearsh
    which ones u guys used?
    sad untargettable plants an make us untargettable but when sm1 use aoe on them we still get dmged -_-
    x9YPRak.jpg

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    The genie block effect is just insanity...absolutely awesome <333

Personally I prefer Storm Dance's increased max HP reduction since I mostly only use it in trip spark/rapid growth anyways
    iamtearsh wrote: »
    which ones u guys used?
    sad untargettable plants an make us untargettable but when sm1 use aoe on them we still get dmged -_-

Purify Plant, Genie block on Nature's, Chi gain on BitC ofc, +base damage to players on Absorb Soul, +HP% reduce on Storm Dance, Thicket genie block. That's my 1v1 setup obviously :D

Have to mess around a little for mass/support. The increase chance on Mass-Purify is also very nice..but only reliable on lvl10 glyph so not sure about that..but meh :D
  • capnk
    What's the bug with plants in arena? I haven't spent much time in there.
  • jasgar
    jasgar Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Bug found with Golden Vital Herb: Duration changes to ONLY 6 seconds instead of ADDITIONAL 6 seconds. With no glyph you get 30 seconds of healing.
    Post edited by jasgar on
    Jasriana- 105/105/105 Mystic (Etherblade)