Skills that are a disappointment and those that are not..

jsxshadow
jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
WoG!!! - is awesome. At first thought I was expecting the skill-damage increase from the Argent Glyph would only work in PvE..nope. It works full force in PvP <3 That's awesome.

As for the negetive skills so far...not really negative but since we most likely wont ever get above lvl7 glyphs (unless they pop up for 50 gold in the CS (lvl8 ones and above, like with the trophys)) some of those skills are not worth it.

The insta -cast Argent Glyphs for Aim-Low and Stunning arrow come short if you insta cast em (Stun lasts only a fraction of the time and Aim-Low doesnt even silence at all on insta but the freeze lasts 5 seconds either way (which is good I guess). That is all criticism on a very high level and I'm just saying that the best glyphs for those skills are the ones that increase basic stun dura (for SA) and the one that increases the 100% seal time (on AL). Both skills are massive upgrades for the archer one way or another simply because their CC now triggers 100% of the time..only the skill can miss..sure...but those 90%...you know it. I know it. Lets just forget about those painful times.

I really hope we can progress to the next culti step soon..I wanna try the Argent runes for the metal skills...if TS really fully debuffs on insta cast... <3333 and if (like it is with SA and AL, since they deal nearly the same damage insta casted) they deal nearly the same damage insta casted compared to lvl11...OH MAH GAWD...Zooming thunder Powder 24/7...that's gonna be so broken if you have enough damage.

Too bad that we most likely wont get high level glyphs for SA..I'd really love a 7+ second stun on archer. If you'd combine this with insta Blood Vow, Quickshot and all three metal skills, ending the combo with a knockback and take aim...hell you could do all that while the stun is still up (upto the knockback). You can even chain an aim low if you push someone up the ground slightly...Do that with a full deity/devil stone archer and see anything without a weapon proc melt down like nothing :D

Comments

• bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
    Honestly, I'm massively disappointed in the red glyph for WOG.
    The description says: costs 50 chi and increases duration by 9 seconds.

Actually it only lasts 9 seconds now instead of the full 15+9.

Very disappointing.

Honestly all the others look pretty lame. Insta casting metal skills looks fun. I'm yet to work out which damage increase from the glyphs are best.

Mostly I'm looking forward to quick shot going to 70% attack speed for both sages and demons. Knowing pwi translations though it's probably only going to be 7% or something though
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    The insta -cast Argent Glyphs for Aim-Low and Stunning arrow come short if you insta cast em (Stun lasts only a fraction of the time and Aim-Low doesnt even silence at all on insta but the freeze lasts 5 seconds either way (which is good I guess).

I admittedly havent done excessive testing but insta cast SA should last 4s. I did do some testing and a friend did too and the results are the same for both of us, insta SA is 4s stun. If you experience different results, it seems like an interesting result and I`d like to know why.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • jsxshadow
    edited May 2017
    @saxroll well that is indeed weird..it was max 2 seconds for me. Ima test it again when I'm home. If it's true tho then Insta-cast would be the preferable glyph for sure.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    You like the WoG? I'm avoiding it since the 2.5s casting time is a downgrade. Part of the survival of using WoG is that invulnerable casting time giving your charm a chance to tick. Having a longer casting time gives you greater invulnerability.
    That means the only reason to upgrade it is if you intend to use one of the glyphs. The only really interesting one to me was that skill damage buff glyph but that seems awkward to use offensively due to the long cast time (long for an offensive buff). You also lose the anti stun and the damage reduction and archer isn't exactly overflowing with defensive skills.

I really like ardent glyph stunning arrow since you can use both as an instant cast 4s stun or as a 1.5s cast 5s stun. That's like 2 skills and in practice it seemed to function as described. Insta cast is going to be nice as an opener for an insta cast combo with metal skills.

As far as saint goes I'm looking forward mostly to insta cast Thunder Blast and upgrading Quickshot.

@bhaven
    That quickshot rune gives 70% chance of proc, not +70% attack rate. The translation I made here was actually a bit more accurate than the official since it also got WoG correct: http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/comment/12733984/#Comment_12733984

I did however make a mistake on ardent rune of leaps thinking it reduced melee damage instead of ranged.
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    asterelle wrote: »
    You like the WoG? I'm avoiding it since the 2.5s casting time is a downgrade. Part of the survival of using WoG is that invulnerable casting time giving your charm a chance to tick. Having a longer casting time gives you greater invulnerability.
    That means the only reason to upgrade it is if you intend to use one of the glyphs. The only really interesting one to me was that skill damage buff glyph but that seems awkward to use offensively due to the long cast time (long for an offensive buff). You also lose the anti stun and the damage reduction and archer isn't exactly overflowing with defensive skills.

I really like ardent glyph stunning arrow since you can use both as an instant cast 4s stun or as a 1.5s cast 5s stun. That's like 2 skills and in practice it seemed to function as described. Insta cast is going to be nice as an opener for an insta cast combo with metal skills.

As far as saint goes I'm looking forward mostly to insta cast Thunder Blast and upgrading Quickshot.

@bhaven
    That quickshot rune gives 70% chance of proc, not +70% attack rate. The translation I made here was actually a bit more accurate than the official since it also got WoG correct: http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/comment/12733984/#Comment_12733984

I did however make a mistake on ardent rune of leaps thinking it reduced melee damage instead of ranged.
    ​​

Yeah, I most likely won't use any glyph on WoG at all since there are multiple glyphs for other skills which I really like.

I most likely go for 3x Metal = Argent, SA = Argent and then either both leaps = argent (or a mix, have to test the other glyphs and see how practical they are) or 1x Leap = Argent and BV = Argent.

However, I believe that SA's argent rune will become very good with higher level glyphs and otherwise act as a quick, insta survival skill.
  • bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »

@bhaven

​​

New wog sucks yeah. I thought red was amazing but the skill description is wrong, it does not increase the time by 9+ seconds for half the cost.
    I have heard of this translation error. An elf can still dream.