Why do you play PWI?

whipmaihurr
whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
edited April 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
This thread is for basically expressing yourself as to why you play PWI? Please Please Keep it friendly :)

I play this game everyday for the people and strong friendship I get out of it. I really enjoy SVS a lot it gives me new challenges also how to better myself against other classes. I also love Fashion too I like how I can be creative as I want with it mix and match cloths.
The only GOP

Comments

• fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    I play PWI because:

1) I have alot of friends in game and I like to play, chat and have fun with them.
    2) I like the scenery.
    3) I like the game mechanics.
    4) I love big wars with many people.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I play PWI because:

1) I already achieved nearly anything PvE-related here and rolling new chars with what I already have is easy as cake and thus alot less effort compared to starting a new MMO.

2) The PvP, especially Open World and 1v1 are vastly superior compared to other games. Most of the other games are just flashy and shiny but are even far more imbalanced compared to PWI.

3) I like that you always have a goal since it's very unlikely for the average "Joe" (hehe) to reach the cap in terms of gears.

4) Since everything isn't equal it gives you opportunity to outplay people that are better geared and I really love that. Skill does matter here. Quite alot depending on the class you play. Duskblades might be a bit broken but in other games you have classes that leave anyone else completely chanceless no matter what you do. So overall PWI is quite a balanced game if you dare to compare (ofc there are exceptions).

5) It' become a habit, really. I tried nearly every other MMO out there but I always got stuck right back with PWI. However, if it was to die down/get the servers closed I wouldn't cry about it at all and be happy to be finally move on without having the feeling of leaving something behind. Going on my own..mostly not gonna happen unless I become a dad..which could but wont happen anytime soon :D
  • neverfall#3483
    neverfall#3483 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Something always brings me back to this game. I don't exactly adore RPG's or play many games at all these days, but anytime I get the urge to game it's been PWI. It's not what it used to be, but it's still better than any other game I've tried in this genre. It's definitely changed since 2009 though.
    get gud ~
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    PWI is like an old friend, who understands that I'm here for the journey :smile:
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    I used to play it because it was fun.
    Then it turned into full typical **** asian grind MMO with a gazillion dailies which are a huge boredom after doing them more than twice, but are needed to keep up in anything else.

I've logged in a few times lately again, but it just doesn't feel the way it was. Server seems dead, it's the same old thing every single day. The elitism of some people kill anything as well because lol everyone needs to be OP else you can't join the squad.

It was fun for the years it lasted, but i'm starting to wonder how long PWI still has in it for the west.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I play because of the friends I have, some of the lore, and (when I was active in it) the TW's and the PK. Nowadays I'm in the "PvP retirement age", where I play everything PvE, but I don't do the TW thing anymore (mostly because I don't want to get involved in server politics and don't want conflict of interest).

I still keep up my toons when I can, but work keeps me busy haha!

I dug though alot of my old Screenshots recently and I found a good chunk of them was me SS different Fashion combinations I wish I could have. I also have some from some really memorable times - one in particular was when the high level bosses were spawned during the first open weeks/month (?) of Archosaur server. That was super fun and I'd love to do something like it in the future!
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    I play because I can be a fox.​​
  • dtain
    dtain Posts: 25 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    3) I like that you always have a goal since it's very unlikely for the average "Joe" (hehe) to reach the cap in terms of gears.

That's funny because I remember you and Man being the best geared barbs. Sure you guys had a little more to go but it was usualy negligible. But this was a long time ago, I'm sure a lot changed.
    sage barb best barb