Spring Break Party ~ Homestead Design Contest

Options
soulstormer
soulstormer Posts: 61 Arc User
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
First I just wanna say congratz to all winners!
Secondly I just wanted to inquire about my individual score. Was increadibly curious as to how it was scored against the criteria listed for reference; as myself and others were actually surprised at the results
Gonna post the criteria here

Judging Criteria : Homestead Design Competitions

Clarity And Quality
Overview
All the necessary elements of entry are there and it can be easily discerned that it is a picture of a Homestead. Camera angles are not confusing and the shots are not disorienting or questionable. Entry should make “visual sense” and not haphazardly thrown together collections of items. Description must make sense with the accompanying entry.

The Clarity and Quality Category is graded on a 25 Point scoring system.

Picture must be of a Homestead – 5 Points
Camera Angles (no clipping, no strange rotations, must have sense of direction) – 5 Points
Visual Sense (Items are not clustered together, picture does not cause confusion to the viewer) – 5 Points
Description (must explain entry, is not overly wordy, follows word limit guidelines, is grammatically correct and not written in “leet” speak, abbreviations make sense where applicable) – 10 Points

Composition

Overview
Arrangements are placed in a compelling or deliberate way. Shots are framed in a way as to tell a story or invoke a particular feeling to the viewer.

The Composition Category is graded on a 25 Point scoring system.

Compelling Arrangements (items placed in a thoughtful way, combines items in a way that is not distracting) – 10 Points
Story Shots (images are captured in a way that makes the viewer think or generate a particular emotional response) – 15 Points

Originality and Creativity

Overview
The entry combines elements in a unique way or places arrangements in thought-provoking ways. The entry does not copy off of other entries or from official sources or other competitions in other versions of the game.

The Originality and Creativity Category is graded on a 50 Point scoring system.

Uniqueness (Items are utilized in a way that is outside the norm, has a specific feel) – 25 Points
By the Owner (does not copy from other official competitions in other regions) – 25 Points

-It is still up to a judge’s discretion if entries are tied to make a subjective call on which ones will score or place higher and why.

-Entries will be judged against themselves not collectively against others in a competition against the above scoring system, as outline in this Criteria.

-As defined herein, a Homestead is a player instanced area that use Homestead items (decorations, buildings, terrains, skins, etc.) for the creation of said homes.

-All scores are final. Scores will not be posted against each individual entry for everyone to see. After the completion of the competition and after winners are announced you may inquire about your individual score no later than 48 hours after the official announcements.
Post edited by soulstormer on

Comments

• mayiawolf
    mayiawolf Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thank you ~
  • cerle
    cerle Posts: 40 Arc User
    Options
    Where have they announced the winners?
  • mayiawolf
    mayiawolf Posts: 33 Arc User
    Options
    cerle wrote: »

in the news
  • cerle
    Options
    mayiawolf wrote: »
    cerle wrote: »

in the news

I found it. Thank you.
  • terrabyte
    terrabyte Posts: 71 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah I would like to know my score aswell
  • minhtriet359#2297
    minhtriet359#2297 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    me too. I am not pursuaded by this result! Seems like only pictures were graded, not the homestead itself .
  • cerle
    Options
    I would like to know my score as well. Please and thank you.
  • soulstormer
    Options
    bumping \o)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Me too @teabagg pwi cant handle the goats
  • cerle
    Options
    I also asked for my score in the 2 threads and never received the message they said to watch out for.
  • soulstormer
    Options
    yh I still got no pm yet either xD.. i mean the entries must've been scored already so a simple msg shouldn't take so long to send.. unless ofc the entries were never scored with that given criteria to begin with which I honestly believe seeing as how it makes no sense how some of the winners scored so high compared to other ones.