[Event] Spring Break Party - Homestead Design Contest Discussion Thread

Options
kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Hello PWI players!

If you have any questions about the event or you'd like to talk about the entries etc, feel free to discuss them here! If you also want to leave feedback on prizes or what you think could be improved for the next Homestead Design competitions, leave it here too!

I can also field general inquires about other topics, but try not to derail the thread too much or go too overboard with asking other things not related to the Homestead competion (and I'm bound to miss someone's question that way anyways).

Comments

• breegrl
    breegrl Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    I have a Question, Where is the thread so people could post there pictures up?

:s i dont know where the link is, so i can post my pictures on
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    breegrl wrote: »
    I have a Question, Where is the thread so people could post there pictures up?

:s i dont know where the link is, so i can post my pictures on

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1206899/event-spring-break-party-homestead-design-contest

It's the very top stickied thread on General Discussion.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    Damn i just saw people with moongrass and springwood floras in contest screenshots. Makes me jealous cause they not for sale in boutique atm. My inner must-collect-everthing is triggered. I want them for sale ;3 good for hs contest as well!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @shopcheese What, why you gotta read my mind? *wiggles eyebrows*

Homestead items should be going on sale this week *evil grin* I swear this was on accident...

To be fair, I was plugging though some of the tiles with Surtr and saw there was Homestead design ones and realized we've never had a competition for them before using the actual in game items.
  • updownleftrighty
    updownleftrighty Posts: 42 Arc User
    Options
    ive tryed to put hs pics up a few times the first i think i did it wrong not normally putting picutres up and whatnot, but when i preview draft now it looks right as far as i can tell yet still wont let me post.
    keeps saying waiting for approval.
    am i still doing something wrong or is it really waiting for approval now?
    trying to upload via photobucket the pics are there im using the copy img button photobucket and putting the link in the attach image/file button on these forums
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Oh, that means it's stuck in the spam filter.

*Sigh* I pulled the most recent ones out of the Spam filter, and it spammed the thread. It looks like you didn't post actual image links either, so they may not display properly. Fix one, and clear the others, and I'll delete them later. (Sadly, sites like Imgur and Photobucket are blocked at work, so I cannot see any images from here.)

Edit: never mind. I see what you did. You took the fail embed code from Photobucket that re-directs you to their website, and then plopped the entire code inside the image tag. I cleaned up the code in one post, and removed the 7 extras the spam filter somehow created when I approved the one that was sitting in the filtered posts.​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • minhtriet359#2297
    minhtriet359#2297 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    hi kalyst my account experienced bug in editing post in the homestead competition main category. sometimes the post suddenly disappeared and it says "can't find the discussion". I couldn't edit the post so I had to repost new ones. Can you doublecheck and remove if the old posts still exist in the system for me please. Thanks kalyst !
    Post edited by minhtriet359#2297 on
  • brazerlev
    brazerlev Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    why added ppl after 4 april?and where winners of a competition?
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    brazerlev wrote: »
    why added ppl after 4 april?and where winners of a competition?

Lesson in reading comprehension, from the top of this post:

Start : Thursday 3/30 @ 10:00 AM PT
    End : Thursday 4/13 @ 11:59 PM PT

Deadline in 1 more day still.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    Yep, you guys have one more day to submit entries! They're all looking amazing this round, you definitely don't make this easy!
  • iamtearsh
    iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    I WANNA CHANGE BUT I DON'T WANNA CHANGE
    x9YPRak.jpg

• leighlaa2
    leighlaa2 Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    How long does the new member sadness (lack of permissions) last? I want to make a cute post about my homestead too :(
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @leighlaa2 Ohhhh are you not through the weird moderation cue? Let me check that for you real quick-

*notices picture*

SNEKSSSSSS WITH HATS!!!

EDIT : I think (?) I might have fixed it for you let me know if what I did works!
  • leighlaa2
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I'm not sure that it is fixed. I still only have the smiley face as my editing options. I have the codes ([img] etc) typed out... but I'm not sure they'll adjust to actual linked images when my permissions adjust.

Snek just like to partayyyyy (so fansay)
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Try logging out and logging back in? Sometimes vanilla is weird like that and wont carry changes that Ive done like this right away. If it still all weird on you let me know!

EDIT : I think (?) BBC code will work for images but if youre concerned about missing the deadline go ahead and post anyways and if for some reason its not showing images, one of our mods or me can go in and fix it :)
  • leighlaa2
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ok I'll do that :) I really want to show off my naably little home :3 ty for your help!

Edit: can't even just post it and let you fix it... I'm not allowed to post links hahaha
  • breegrl
    breegrl Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Quick question
    where do we find out who won when the time comes?
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    Most likely it will be announced both on facebook and here. Or maybe just here. There should be a thread on it once they have decided for sure.​​