New Skills, New Animations

dingo488
dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
Theres new skills, and of course some of those come with new animations! Most of them seem to just have a bit of a sparkle and thats it tho. Lets list all the skills that received a new animation!

So far I got:

Drake's Ray (no new animation)
Ferocious Leap (no new animation)
Army Crusher (no new animation)
River Avalanche (new animation!)
Venomous Scarab (new animation!)
Amplify Damage (no new animation)
Ocean's Edge (no new animation)

Comments

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    You know how Wizard's Gush makes a giant screen-filling blast of water when used against a large enemy? Well Mystic's Nature's Vengeance is like that but worse. RIP everyone's frame rate.
  • laddy111
    laddy111 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Now that we have our newest expansion live, was thinking about what skills will everyone rune. I know all sins will go for para but im curious to know what else is out there
  • terryu
    terryu Posts: 52 Arc User
    Clerics got a lot of new animations for expansion. IH looks completely different and their chromatic heal/IH turned into attacks have really neat animations too.

Mystic's NV has a new animation that will lag the **** out of the squad on huge bosses now though ._.
    terrytini (Mystic)
    - Tempest (Tideswell Server)
  • fanzzz
    fanzzz Posts: 8 Arc User
    Seekers Gravel Blade has also a new animation Gemini Slash ads jsut a small green effect after starting
  • infedelle#0707
    infedelle#0707 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Veno venemous scarab looks like a cross between the green lantern and the killing curse it's amazing. Havent seen the rest yet as I've gone out for a few hours but yeah I was suitably impressed
  • blackgamerpw#5907
    blackgamerpw#5907 Posts: 4 Arc User
    terryu wrote: »
    Clerics got a lot of new animations for expansion. IH looks completely different and their chromatic heal/IH turned into attacks have really neat animations too.

Mystic's NV has a new animation that will lag the **** out of the squad on huge bosses now though ._.

About these healing skills that become attacks, does anyone know how to answer this?

Silent Seal - Glyph Golden

Chromatic Seal - Glyph Golden

Stream of Rejuvenation - Glyph Argent

Chromatic Healing Beam - Glyph Argent

Wellspring Surge - Glyph Argent

Ironheart Blessing - Glyph Argent

When will you use these skills on anyone over the effect of the Chromatic Seal, will it cancel the sleep?
    These skills will go through the damage reduction effect, for example, the invoke the spirit of barbarian?

• koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    I wonder if Stormbringers get new animations too. I did the culti and learned that the next quest after getting Chaotic soul is to get 10m per skill you want to learn. They aren't even that interesting on SB, unlike Mystic unfortunately I haven't done any dailies on my Mystic in years...so I'm years behind on blood etc.

I have 7m right now, so it will be a loooooooong time until I even learn all the new skills lol.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I need NV on my Mystic now just to lag people *evil grin*
  • grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    If I only I could get teh culti! I am dying to see if Storms got new animations
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • koudelkamorgan
    I loged my Mystic which was my main until I switched to SB and now I want to play her again because of all the new skill Q_Q

I'm like so many sky levels behind and even a whole nuema tier, plus no homestead yet -_-
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • stealraine81
    stealraine81 Posts: 17 Arc User
    are the new skills realy 10m coin and 50m spirit to learn? if so what the hell was pwi thinking? they are making it harder and harder to get coins but charging us more and more with every update.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    are the new skills realy 10m coin and 50m spirit to learn? if so what the hell was pwi thinking? they are making it harder and harder to get coins but charging us more and more with every update.

At least you need to learn them only once. 100mil for endgame or well equipped pvp character is about nothing. If you are not endgame and this sum is formidable for you, you can skip skills. They are not that necessary to learn.

I'm deeply annoyed by the new Venomous scarab animation. By its earth shaking effect to be exact. Is there any point to spam suggestion box? normal-20.gif I suspect they would do something with it if there were enough complains from China players. And since a lot of time has passed and we got this update, I guess we have to get used to it or gtfo. Do chinese devs or at least alfa-beta testers try to play for venos at all? monkey-14.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User

About these healing skills that become attacks, does anyone know how to answer this?

Silent Seal - Glyph Golden

Chromatic Seal - Glyph Golden

Stream of Rejuvenation - Glyph Argent

Chromatic Healing Beam - Glyph Argent

Wellspring Surge - Glyph Argent

Ironheart Blessing - Glyph Argent

When will you use these skills on anyone over the effect of the Chromatic Seal, will it cancel the sleep?
    These skills will go through the damage reduction effect, for example, the invoke the spirit of barbarian?

I tried IH and Chromatic Seal so far and they behave like normal attacks (cancels sleep, doesn't bypass damage reduction buff). Though I feel like sleep is shorter now after upgrade, maybe I'm just imagining things...I did a test and tried sleep 10 times, 3 out of 10 times it lasted ~25 seconds, every other time it lasted ~15 seconds. The duration seems kinda fixed to me...has it always been this way? monkey-16.gif
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @shade13 atleast you got animation changes mine as duskblade didn't QQ but I like the new veno one the mystic one yes sends fsp to the floor in instance lol
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • shade13
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @shade13 atleast you got animation changes mine as duskblade didn't QQ but I like the new veno one the mystic one yes sends fsp to the floor in instance lol

What you mean "at least you got change"? tiger-16.gif It sounds like new animation itself is an advantage, but I'm saying exactly opposite: that I don't want such change. I'd better keep my old plain animation if I could. Believe me, it's a very annoying effect to have on the most spammable skill. To the degree when you don't want to cast it once again.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • blazerboy
    @shade13 I mean some of us rather change than the same exact thing
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited April 2017

I wouldn't mind having seeker's CD-lock effect ani made super-flashy and obvious, like Veno's ult. That thing destroys mystic more than anything else when well timed :/.
  • shade13

I understood the meaning monkey-47.gif But I mean I'm sure you'd rather keep the same exact thing than change if the change is for the worse.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    at least your skills actually work tiger-18.gif​​
  • shade13
    eirghan wrote: »
    at least your skills actually work tiger-18.gif

Bright side is yours will be fixed if it's an obvious bug and not a feature ;)

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • blazerboy
    I want new big flashy animations tbh I want everyone to know. I AM THE HYPE COME GET A PIECE OF ME FIGHT ME!!! I know ppl say that makes you a target well I welcome the challenge @shade13 @eirghan
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    Overall with the new animations or lack if I paid 10m/50m spirit (which can be hefty for some) to upgrade it at least give me something because its lame seeing others test their newly animated skills while yours though upgraded still looks old. Everyone wants the new flashy toys too ijs.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • koudelkamorgan
    As terrible as the skill/glyph choices are for SB to begin with I just tested it and my Ice Bullet gets its stun reduced to NOTHING when it uses an Argent glyph. Sadly its the only lv3 glyph I have, and all the argent options suck already but it actually RUINS the skill to get that alleged boost in damage in reaper form.

I took off the glyph and I was back to business. Guess I'll learn Thunder Strike instead then and hopefully find someone willing to trade glyphs for literally anything but Argent ones I keep getting..
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • blazerboy
    So far all videos I saw db got no chances eh I'm over it I'm just curious to learn the bonus system and see how Sins use it to kick all our teeth in :)
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    So far all videos I saw db got no chances eh I'm over it I'm just curious to learn the bonus system and see how Sins use it to kick all our teeth in :)

Wtf are you talking about...DB are at the top of 3v3 rankings right now. Only sins that are higher are the super-geared NP sins.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    > @dregenfox said:
    > blazerboy wrote: »
    >
    > So far all videos I saw db got no chances eh I'm over it I'm just curious to learn the bonus system and see how Sins use it to kick all our teeth in :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wtf are you talking about...DB are at the top of 3v3 rankings right now. Only sins that are higher are the super-geared NP sins.

Lmao i think HIS db is one of the top rankings xD troll post is troll
  • blazerboy
    edited April 2017
    @dregenfox sorry I meant changes spellcheck on phone said chances. Meant changes in animation relax guys xD also idk if I am or not I don't know if it's just me but I can't even see rankings at all didn't ask ppl figured it's all of us but I really wouldn't. Know what the rankings look like I just go in for the pk atm not too into the ranks structure or know how other squads doing besides the NP sin squad who's kinda like just deleting me lol @eirghan

By the bonus system I'm curious because of the 15% system if for example the best set of for skills for me is Dragons might and sin has Martial prowess (not just for db any class vs sins) with all the damage multipliers sins already have plus paralyze once we get the other half of cultivation even the non NP sins will just be GG you can even watch china videos were sins just cursed jail 5 sec paralyze cancel and just aps stuff to death arcanes included now Ik diff game diff style ect ect but I'm sure we can all agree sin damage is very powerful in terms of burst damage I mean come on a possible 600% lifehunter with near no CD is pretty strong and I'm curious how the system will change them and others >.<
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    wait, the rankings work? Not for me :neutral:
  • blazerboy
    @dingo488 I wouldn't know a lot of times I see stuff on my screen like terrain flickering or lag spikes and and odd color distortions on my client take a pic send it to a budd in whatsapp and they like wtf is that and I'm like oh so it's just me GG I thought this was one of those many moments