Neverfall : Bug Reports

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
edited April 2017 in Quality Corner
Hello PWI players!

Neverfall releases on April 12th April 13th -please post any bug reports you find on your travels here!

Any miscellaneous bug threads in other areas of the forums or replies made to the Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer thread will be split off and added here.

This thread will be opened on launch day!

April 13th : Now open!

Bugged and Verified Issues

*Dawnlight Halls is not giving Crystals to continue the instance : BUGGED
*Veni Vidi Vici title will "disappear" when unequipped (is not selectable from the Title UI) : BUGGED

Reported Issues but Unable to Reproduce
-These issues have been reported by players, but we are unable to reproduce them in test. This does not mean they are not valid issues, but we can't emulate them after multiple attempts-

*Can not equip titles (EN clients) - Missing columns or not having checkboxes : Unable to Reproduce
*Certain players unable to get Cultivation quest : Unable to reproduce

Issues to Investigate

*Targeting objects when doing the quest for the Chronicles is not mapped correctly (Specifically the pillars around Alexander) : Known, will need to see if buggable
*Autopathing in the City/Western Steppes : will need to investigate separate instances, will need to see if buggable
* Seeker upgraded Skill reported by @jorock457 : Will need further investigation
jorock457 wrote: »
So I upgraded gravel blade and now stalag and bloodletting work and stun. But once I add the blue glyph, that gives 100% bloodletting, the stun does not work. I said in the video that gemini didn't work, but I was wrong, I just had in the glyph that makes it not proc. But the stalagstrike stun needs to be fixed asap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycICWDP1I8g&feature=youtu.be
vcbrain16 wrote: »
On the updated version of gravel blade for the Ethereal Glyph where bloodletting status is 100%, is the duration for that status correct? Because Stalag takes .5 seconds to cast and .5 seconds to channel yet the bloodletting status only lasts for .5 seconds? I'm hoping this is a typo and wasn't meant to be this way because it basically ruins the purpose of having that glyph if you won't even be able to get the status off on the enemy. Sage gravel blade's bloodletting status is about 17 seconds on the enemy before it disappears meaning you have 17 seconds to use stalagstrike in order to get the stun off. Just curious because I don't want bloodletting to be so short to the point where you can't even use it if you were to pick Ethereal Glyph
2s8gzy9.png

* Attempting to connect to the arena results in a DC and a "Server field cannot be left blank." error message : Will need further investigation
*Send your coordinates feature does not work inside Neverfall : Will need further investigation
*BM Skill Army Crusher
BM Skill Army Crusher hav a bug. If I use a Glyph I can't Aoe, In skill bar it say Single target and in Skill Menue it's a Aoe
: Will need further investigation
*Can not equip titles (DE clients) - Missing columns or not having checkboxes : WIll need to investigate

Known Issues
*Mystic Swirling Mist description is not there when hovering over the glyph (Verdant).
-This unfortunately is a result of the hard limitations set in the tooltips for base skills.

Localization
tricksie wrote: »
I hate typos
1732212ce3b6482ebb681f112844325a.png

shopcheese wrote: »
@kalystconquerer#0876 the unique titles from the forum pet event we had some months back have been renamed from "Best in Class" and "Best in Show" both to "Win the Kennel Pet Club.". While I guess the title still makes sense, I personally preferred them with their old names, especially considering the person who won the grand prize no longer have her title unique, but named the same as the other titles. I wonder if it's possible to have them renamed back to their old names.
I just finished reading the entire 304 page Chronicles and found a few trivial typos/errors:

Page 39: the text reads " a a " ... should be " a ".

Page 99: the text reads "Year 3012 / At the dawn of the third millennium, " ... 3012 is the dawn of the "fourth" millennium.

Page 139: the text reads " five greaty city-states " ... should be five "great" city-states.

Page 234: the text reads ", none was able " ... should be none "were" able.

One additional suggestion:

At the start of each section there should be an index page so it is easier to get to the various pages for the years and items in the Origins, Events and Glossary. The tabs make it easy to get to each section, but then you have to page through 40-60 pages in each section looking for the item you want to read about.

Nevertheless, it was a fun read.

Cheers!
terryu wrote: »
Oh also, minor typo:
Gravel Blade is a Seeker skill but the item labels it a Psychic.
eaf97029168f61345a67d4b5324d09ef.png

Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    Thread is now OPEN!

Please post any bugs you find here!
  • koryn7
    koryn7 Posts: 48 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, so I posted in the other one. Thought I would put it here just in case.

Ok, so I've completed the demon culti up until it says go and kill Hellfire Abomination in SOT. After I do that, it says that Fei Kungxing is responsible. It won't tell me where to find him but it does say that if you can't continue the quest, abandon it and pick it up again. So, I did that and killed Hellfire twice. Now it's doing the same thing. I looked up Fei's coordinates but all I found was an NPC that I couldn't interact with. What's going on here?
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    When I embrace on my barb auto paths to npcs dissapear on the show quests.

2 Works around found if either:

click very fast on the npc name to get the autopath to work before it poofs

or

press q and go though there
  • saleniece
    saleniece Posts: 49 Arc User
    Tab button doesn't work anymore in heavenfall temple, can't click on npc to see how much life it have left.
  • werewolves#6809
    edited April 2017
    Another bug was I was unable to update the client until I restarted my computer - this may help people with simular bugs. This was as it was sayign that a client was already open (which there wasn't).

Not a bug but soemthign noticed: def buff on seek has changed the icon from that squigle thing to a sheild.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    koryn7 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, so I posted in the other one. Thought I would put it here just in case.

Ok, so I've completed the demon culti up until it says go and kill Hellfire Abomination in SOT. After I do that, it says that Fei Kungxing is responsible. It won't tell me where to find him but it does say that if you can't continue the quest, abandon it and pick it up again. So, I did that and killed Hellfire twice. Now it's doing the same thing. I looked up Fei's coordinates but all I found was an NPC that I couldn't interact with. What's going on here?

After you kill Hellfire Fei is a boss that spawns in Hellfire's room. It's hard to notice.

===========================
    The entire Plains of Light area needs to be remapped. You have to click in the air above NPCs heads to talk to them, and digging the pillars is extremely difficult.

While I'm on the topic, we need to go back to the old dig icon with the pickaxe. Having no icon at all makes it hard to tell when you can dig something.
  • koryn7
    Ohhhh thanks so much Cap! :)
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @capnk Wait did they replace all instances of gather with no pickaxe icon? I thought this applied only to the new area o.o Also yes, the targeting on the pillars is pretty hard and weird - in testing, I had to semi let the autopath click guide me a bit and not have my camera set a certain way or it wouldn't dig.

@wishes08 Odd one! But I might still make a note of it somewhere for CS so they could suggest this if they haven't already if players are experiencing the same issues.
  • werewolves#6809
    Auto path only works in certin places in neverfall, thought couldn't at all until just did it on my veno when going to Michael
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    how you complete 2nd part of cultivation ?
    Also 10m per skill for the new skill?
  • skyurr
    skyurr Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Ignore figgered it out :)
  • werewolves#6809
    The spam from Ancient Emblem is back PLZ KILL IT before I kill the Duke
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Oh, just kill the Duke. I'm sure everyone will forgive you for it. onion-38.gif​​
  • po210
    po210 Posts: 39 Arc User
    Hi i have call a meesenger of future with extreme action pill
    ..i have get the 120 point..but
    He have not show
    No message system have been delivered on WC

Tks have a nice day
  • koryn7
    Potential bug: When I upgraded Absorb Soul to Chaotic Soul, the proc from Storm Dance that halves the channeling no longer affected it. AS did not change at all in channeling speed. Perhaps Storm Dance also has to be leveled to Celestial Saint before it will work again like it used to? I hope that's all it is.
  • capnk
    beast21g wrote: »

Second part unlocks when we unlock more of the map by doing dailies. Can't get it yet. And yes 10m+50m spirit for each skill.
  • thedarksword#3723
    thedarksword#3723 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    XEPMUGG.jpg
    Well I have been through several quest after the new Neverfall expansion and my cultivation quest haven't pop yet. Have already done the Perfect Chronicles quest as you can see, people say thats the requirement but I still don't get the culti. Do i need to be on certain boundary level? I am Shifting Sky IV and thought that would be enough. I'm celestial sage as well so i think this is some server error and i need help with it :'(
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    capnk wrote: »
    beast21g wrote: »

Second part unlocks when we unlock more of the map by doing dailies. Can't get it yet. And yes 10m+50m spirit for each skill.

well spirit is not a problem but coins :p
  • alira#2223
    alira#2223 Posts: 1 Arc User
    XEPMUGG.jpg
    Well I have been through several quest after the new Neverfall expansion and my cultivation quest haven't pop yet. Have already done the Perfect Chronicles quest as you can see, people say thats the requirement but I still don't get the culti. Do i need to be on certain boundary level? I am Shifting Sky IV and thought that would be enough. I'm celestial sage as well so i think this is some server error and i need help with it :'(

It´s the same with my char and i´m playing on Dawnglory but it´s not working (the Cultivation) :(
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    Glyph Master gives you a quest to get your first glyph, however afterwards he has a quest to buy a glyph stone to unlock a slot for 10 mil. Turns out the quest he gives you for the first glyph also gives you a glyph stone to open the first slot. The quest that's available after that one, sells you the exact same stone for 10 mil. Both stones only open slot 1 meaning if you use one, the other is completely useless. Meaning if you buy the stone from him, you just wasted 10 mil for a useless stone. On top of it, if you do buy the stone from him, the quest is available again meaning you could waste an infinite amount of money if you try to buy multiple stones. The second quest shouldn't even exist when you already get the same stone for free and can't use them to open any other slots.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Well... the culti require you to enter UP at some point, and you dont have high enough boundary level to enter that instance... soo...
    And I think the new instance required like twilight sky 6.
    So im guessing between shift X and twilight 6
  • jorock457
    jorock457 Posts: 28 Arc User
    So I was testing the new skills with a friend, and we found out that our seeker statuses do not work anymore after we upgraded the skills. EVEN THOUGH the skills said they would. Never of us would have learned this skills if we knew this would happen, so please find a fix to it. We're not sure if it would fix itself if we upgraded gravel blade to the new version, but we do not want to do that since it's nerfed, and has 50% chance at putting on spirit bore, and only 20% for bloodletting. Without the upgrade, it's 65% and 25% respectively. So either fix the two skills or up the new gravel blade to 65% spirit bore chance and 25% bloodletting chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AK-AJ-KeX4&feature=youtu.be
  • tradeoffs
    tradeoffs Posts: 8 Arc User
    still waiting for a response on why a 101/102 celestial sage and demon, both shifting sky 7, with all neverfall main quests done still cannot get new culti and ive searched everywhere, literally.
  • xdragonxx
    xdragonxx Posts: 39 Arc User
    Someone is not remembering the old issue with sage/demon Stance vs activation skills.... Need to make gravel blade in the 'upped' version to be able to have gemini and stalagstrike proc the stances. If you read gravel blade description, it says it require Sage or Demon gemini slash to proc it.
  • jorock457
    jorock457 Posts: 28 Arc User
    We figured that was the case. But this issue is. They nerfed the new gravel blade. Lowing the spirit bore chance rate to 50% from 65%, and the bloodletting from 25% to 20%.
  • xdragonxx
    xdragonxx Posts: 39 Arc User
    They made it awfully closer to the demon version then the sage version, aka more chi and spirit bore debuffing more, add the glyph its fine tbh
  • capnk
    Many of the combined skills are slight nerfs to the uncombined versions. Archer is the same way. You need to put glyphs to make them good.
  • terryu
    terryu Posts: 52 Arc User
    For mystics, the new Swirling Mist skill description for the green (verdant) glyph is pretty much missing. When you hover it, it just says ΨSwirling and nothing else.

Example of what it looks when I hover over another glyph (eternal glyph for this SS):
    a1cfc7e19088aa50b0dc5cc6608fbfaa.png

Example of what happens when I hover over the verdant glyph description:
    9706265fbdafa155d8988e1f53018286.png

Same thing happens when you glyph the skill and put it on skill bar.
    We already know pretty much what it does based on the translated version from china, but if you don't reference the pwi forums, you won't really know what the verdant-glyphed swirling mist does.

terrytini (Mystic)
    - Tempest (Tideswell Server)