Scheduled Server Maintenance - Neverfall Expansion [4/12/2017 - 10 PM PST]

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
edited April 2017 in Official Announcements
Good evening PWI players!

Tonight Tomorrow Tonight (really!) - is the night!

UPDATE : We are on for tonight!!

Neverfall, our latest expansion, is launching tonight! Due to the expansion launching tonight, maintenance will start at 10 PM PST instead of 11 PM PST! Check out the Patch Notes for more information!

*Tentative Duration*

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 6 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

- The PWI Crew

3xf023jjcnc7.png​​
Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on
Tagged:

Comments

• po210
    po210 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    MEOW!

Gimme code prize and love ...tks
  • ichigo1555
    ichigo1555 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Uhm... will be any patch notes in here?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Surtr will be posting the patchnotes - Soon(TM)

When they're posted, I'll link to them and update the post!
  • grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    Wait a minute. The day I decide to come back to game and there's an expansion. LOL what are the odds
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Yay, expansion...
    Curious to see the new stuff and happy for that...
    Not happy about, once more, spending a **** ton more coins on some new crazy overpriced stuff though...

Remember when expansion threads would get pages and pages of ppl excited? Pepperidge Farm remembers, now the expansions are kinda just meh :expressionless:

Ofc, that's just my opinion though ^^ Still, thanks for posting kalyst and ready for the patch notes :open_mouth:

Mr. Justice
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    PWI Content Update: Neverfall (v1010) Patch Notes - Released April 11th, 2017

NEW FEATURES
    *New Zone: The Western Steppes! Explore an all-new zone with hundreds of new quests! Visit the city of Neverfall, and discover what darkness lurks beneath the ancient lands of the Light Empire! Level 100 players at Mirage Sky I can start the quests to enter the Western Steppes in the City of a Thousand Streams.
    *New Cultivation Levels: Chaotic Soul and Celestial Saint! Beyond the paths of Sage and Demon lies a new way, combining the strengths of each into a single, powerful path of cultivation! Players who have completed the Atlas of Time questline in the Western Steppes will receive a quest to speak to either Nibu Ru or the Celestial Savant to begin their new path.
    *New Dungeon: Dawnlight Halls! Delve into the dark sanctum of the Future of Mankind Initiative and put a stop to their unnatural experimentations! Includes more difficult Judgment and Deicide Modes. Requires Chaotic Soul cultivation and Twilight Sky I to enter.
    *New Feature: Arigora Colosseum! Form teams to battle against other players in a no-holds-barred cross-server arena fight to the death! Earn titles, gear, and more! Teams can consist of 3 or 6 players. Level 100 players at Mirage Sky I can sign up with Arigora Agent Khroatis in Archosaur or Neverfall.
    *New Feature: Skill Glyphs! These items can be used to upgrade your skills with additional effects based on the glyph used, which can range from increased damage to converting healing spells into direct damage! There are five glyph types: Golden, Verdant, Ethereal, Sanguine, and Argent. The first Glyph Slot can be unlocked in the Celestial Vale, while the rest can be unlocked in the Western Steppes. Two require Chaotic Soul, and three require Celestial Saint.
    *New Feature: Chronicles! Read the entire history of Perfect World and its major denizens and factions. Unlocked upon completing the Atlas of Time questline in the Western Steppes.

GAMEPLAY
    *Players who have engaged in PvP combat within the last 5 minutes can no longer enter Homesteads.

ITEMS
    *The cost to unbind Dustfall materials has been lowered.
    *The chance to engrave the 2nd and 3rd Ring attributes has been increased to 100%.
    *Sovereign Seals can now be exchanged for Rank 8 Boundless materials at the Contemplation Forge in Archosaur.
    *Using World Chat in rapid succession will incrementally increase the number of Teleacoustics needed for each message, up to a maximum of 32. The cost will reset back to 1 after 1 minute.
    *Certain Mystic skill book tooltips no longer say to visit the Mystic Trainer.
    *New items have been added to the Bidding Hall.
    *The items in the Treasure System have been changed.

WORLD ENVIRONMENT
    *The Morai Guide has been renamed to World Guide.
    *Fixed some spots where players could get stuck in the terrain.

USER INTERFACE
    *The Titles UI has been completely redesigned, and now shows all titles in the game and where to get them.
    *A customization option has been added to hide genies and cultivation sprites.
    *The cap on coins has been increased to 1,000,000,000. The PW Boutique Agent now has quests to trade for 50 and 100 Big Notes.

SKILLS
    *Glyphs can now be attached to the Town Portal spell.
    *Each class has ten skills that can be upgraded; 5 at Chaotic Soul, and 5 at Celestial Saint. Glyphs can only be attached to upgraded skills.
    *Each upgrade skill has one of three glyph bonuses - Martial Prowess, Tiger's Rage, or Dragon's Fury. Upon attaching glyphs to six different skills, you will get bonus damage against other players based on whichever bonus is most common among your glyphed skills. Town Portal has no glyph type.
    *Low-level Glyphs can be combined into higher-level glyphs, which improve the skills' bonuses and grant you additional stats.

Archer
    *The following skills can be upgraded:
    ΨAim Low
    ΨStunning Arrow
    ΨWings of Grace
    ΨLeap Left
    ΨLeap Right
    ΨQuickshot
    ΨLightning Strike
    ΨThunder Shock
    ΨThunderous Blast
    ΨBlood Vow

Assassin
    *The Demon version of Tidal Protection now properly states that its chance to resist debuffs is 50%, rather than 66%.
    ΨElimination
    ΨSpell Cutter
    ΨTackling Slash
    ΨRising Dragon Strike
    ΨShadow Jump
    ΨLife Hunter
    ΨCondensed Thorn
    ΨKnife Throw
    ΨCursed Jail
    ΨInner Harmony

Barbarian
    ΨStomp of the Beast King
    ΨBerserker's Rage
    ΨBestial Rage
    ΨFlesh Ream
    ΨDevour
    ΨMighty Swing
    ΨArmageddon
    ΨCornered Beast
    ΨRaging Slap
    ΨInvoke the Spirit

Blademaster
    ΨFerocious Leap
    ΨOcean's Edge
    ΨArmy Crusher
    ΨDrake's Ray
    ΨRiver Avalanche
    ΨBlade Tornado
    ΨDrake's Breath Bash
    ΨHeaven's Flame
    ΨMyriad Sword Stance
    ΨGlacial Spike

Cleric
    ΨIronheart Blessing
    ΨChromatic Healing Beam
    ΨPurify
    ΨChromatic Seal
    ΨSilent Seal
    ΨSoothing Pulse
    ΨStream of Rejuvenation
    ΨViolet Dance
    ΨPlume Shell
    ΨGreat Cyclone

Duskblade
    ΨGalemark
    ΨEverlasting Ode
    ΨWinged Dragon
    ΨStrigimorphic Dive
    ΨEternity
    ΨConstellation Arc
    ΨGrief
    ΨRelentless Drift
    ΨDistant Cloud
    ΨSlash of Pride

Mystic
    ΨNature's Vengeance
    ΨAbsorb Soul
    ΨSwirling Mist
    ΨGale Force
    ΨBreak in the Clouds
    ΨStorm Dance
    ΨComforting Mist
    ΨNature's Barrier
    ΨThicket
    ΨVital Herb

Psychic
    ΨEarth Vector
    ΨSandburst Blast
    ΨGlacial Shards
    ΨRed Tide
    ΨCrystal Light
    ΨSandball Clash
    ΨStone Smasher
    ΨSpirit Blast
    ΨAqua Impact
    ΨSoulburn

Seeker
    *The Gravel Blade tooltip now lists the effects of Spirit Bore and Bloodletting.
    ΨGravel Blade
    ΨGlowing Blade
    ΨGemini Slash
    ΨStalagstrike
    ΨDarkcloud Bolt
    ΨWind Blade
    ΨArme Nier
    ΨHeartseeker
    ΨIon Spike
    ΨEdged Blur

Stormbringer
    *The Sage and Demon versions of Deafening Thunder now correctly state that Attack Rate is reduced by 20%, rather than 120%.
    ΨSonic Boom
    ΨCloudburst
    ΨThunderstrike
    ΨDownburst
    ΨIce Bullet
    ΨDeafening Thunder
    ΨLunar Surge
    ΨFrigid Thunder
    ΨMoonblade
    ΨSupercell

Venomancer
    ΨVenomous Scarab
    ΨRedstone Venomworm
    ΨAmplify Damage
    ΨCrush Vigor
    ΨSoul Degeneration
    ΨNoxious Gas
    ΨLucky Scarab
    ΨParasitic Nova
    ΨPurge
    ΨBlazing Barrier

Wizard
    *Corrected several instances of "Ice Dragon Strike" to "Black Ice Dragon Strike".
    ΨPyrogram
    ΨGush
    ΨStone Rain
    ΨWill of the Phoenix
    ΨSandfall
    ΨHailstorm
    ΨFrozen Flame
    ΨBlade Tempest
    ΨIce Dragon Strike
    ΨMountain's Seize

KNOWN ISSUES
    *Skills with particularly long tooltips (such as Gravel Blade, Moonblade, and Supercell) will not display their tooltips in the Skills pane. The tooltips will be properly displayed if placed in your hotbar.
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    *Using World Chat in rapid succession will incrementally increase the number of Teleacoustics needed for each message, up to a maximum of 32. The cost will reset back to 1 after 1 minute.

Oh yea. :D
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User

*Sovereign Seals can now be exchanged for Rank 8 Boundless materials at the Contemplation Forge in Archosaur.

You mean Rank 9 Boundless ? , because that woud be really nice, i guess it was a good idea to not npc those after all.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    @nowayoutgtx960 Yep it should be Rank 9 Boundless materials. The only option I believe we don't have for exchange is for Adamantine Powder (?) but I'd have to check the forges once it patches through.

Adamantine Powder is pretty cheap though, yeah?

Ahahaha, someone beat me to it but I'll go ahead and still link them :3
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Using World Chat in rapid succession will incrementally increase the number of Teleacoustics needed for each message, up to a maximum of 32. The cost will reset back to 1 after 1 minute.

Today is a sad day.
  • bulletman
    bulletman Posts: 32 Arc User
    hey kalyst do we get a lvling boost item on this new xpansion like Illusionary Crystal or Warfront Supply Crate or new item .i read somewhere that you made a new code for this month but dident see it do we get some new code ?

wasn't there going to be change to lunar or tt? i dont see anything in patch note
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @bulletman Yes there is actually a code going out to your emails and will be posted on the newspost when it goes live! Everyone both active and inactive players will be receiving the same code to use to get level assisting items!

Also, spoiler alert, Invite a Friend is back! *throws confetti* For two weeks players will be able to access alot of buffs like Ancient Gifts to assist with leveling and Vitae gain in the new area! A new Community login will also start tomorrow with slightly scaled down hours since we're starting late and that event will also give out Ancient Gifts.

Also no changes to Lunar or TT in regards to anti APS buffs. The instance people were seeing in CN that looked like Lunar was actually an event instance that players will be seeing later this year!
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Also, spoiler alert, Invite a Friend is back! *throws confetti* For two weeks players will be able to access alot of buffs like Ancient Gifts to assist with leveling and Vitae gain in the new area! A new Community login will also start tomorrow with slightly scaled down hours since we're starting late and that event will also give out Ancient Gifts.

Only two weeks? :(
  • bulletman
    bulletman Posts: 32 Arc User
    kalyst tyvm really made me happy i love it play some of my alts but no way to lvl them cuz of lack of time of work hope you have good day ^^
  • shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer Oh neat, i was expecting it to be Adamantine powder but its actually the ingot? Even better.

Rip WC fast spam Drama, They'll be missed.
  • deathsembrace#6917
    deathsembrace#6917 Posts: 26 Arc User
    I kinda like the idea of the world chat thing, but to increase the required amount of tele's used per post kinda kills the conversations to be seen in game, especially when something funny is going on or those seeking help with something. There should honestly be a set time limit... like sticking with the regular posting cycles, but only allow a max of 32 or whatever posts per minute then giving the 1-2 minute cooldown. Just making it cost more tele's with this new layout is just going to drive up the price of tele's which are plenty expensive as it is.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    Unfortunately, due to technical issues maintenance will be somewhat delayed this evening. I will update again when I have more information.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    h3llsmaw wrote: »
    but only allow a max of 32 or whatever posts per minute then giving the 1-2 minute cooldown.

32 posts per minute? o.O

Holy spam

• csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    I think they got maint time wrong. Hasn't happened at 10pm PST after all.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    Unfortunately, technical issues are going to prevent us from performing maintenance tonight. We are rescheduling for tomorrow at the same time. We apologize profusely for the delay, and thank you for your patience.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    I thought April Fool's was last week? tiger-17.gif​​
  • torquoisegamer
    torquoisegamer Posts: 96 Arc User
    It's the 11th, didn't you know? That's 2 ones, which means it's April Fool's twice! Double the prank!
    My mains:

TorquoiseBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII psychic
    MidnighteBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII duskblade
  • kalpeshk3
    kalpeshk3 Posts: 22 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 give us manual patch link
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    @bulletman Yes there is actually a code going out to your emails and will be posted on the newspost when it goes live! Everyone both active and inactive players will be receiving the same code to use to get level assisting items!

Also no changes to Lunar or TT in regards to anti APS buffs. The instance people were seeing in CN that looked like Lunar was actually an event instance that players will be seeing later this year!

So you say new boundary lvl from the new area?

• asterelle
    @sontzu Glyphing 6 skills will put you into one of 3 orders with Rock-Paper-Scissor bonus damage to eachother and bonus damage to to unaligned players. This is a separate pvp damage multiplier only indirectly related to the skills buffs.​​
  • asterelle
    edited April 2017
    Skill buffs affect pve and pvp. The extra rock-paper-scissors bonus damage is pvp only.

@kalystconquerer#0876
    So by this: http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/recipe/9715
    1 Sovereign Seal + 10 m coin = 2 Oricalcum Ingot.
    But during a sale an Oricalcum Ingot costs 1 gold each which is currently capped at 4m.
    Why would we pay 5m + half a Sovereign Seal for something worth 4m?
    Who does these prices...
    ​​
  • torquoisegamer2
    torquoisegamer2 Posts: 17 Arc User
    sontzu wrote: »
    I hope this is not true. Are you crazy? World chat is already dead or almost dead sometimes anyway.
    Maybe China's servers need this but we sure as hell don't.
    You will drive more players away, as it becomes more difficult to form squads, sell items, and entertain each other with banter (yes I know it gets out of hand sometimes, but this is NOT the way to fix that).
    Please find a way to disable this in our server's version.

Should make it easier, actually, as we won't have to compete with spammers when making squads/selling stuff, etc.