3v3 and 6v6 unbalance.

Options
valdisman
valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
So with the glyph items being a reward from the new arena event, I can't help but notice this will split the server power gaps even more.

Those who can pay the fees and win their fights because of their max gears and cash playing, will upgrade and become even stronger a lot quicker than the rest who can only do the dailies. A lot of people might not be able to afford the fees with the charms and pots etc every week.

The PVP event though is a much needed and long overdue update as the only PK for most is xTW on weekends, this will fill the long empty gap during the weekdays. I feel the prizes though just brings more unbalance and pushes the game even further into pay to play.

I could be completely wrong but the point this game it at now, compared to what it was like on Delphi, I am probably not.

P.S this isn't a rant or troll thread, The Neverfall thread isn't open until release so figured people could put their views in on here.
#kylehawkinsuck
Moonshine drinker
In a world of 10s, be an 11.

Comments

• torquoisegamer
    torquoisegamer Posts: 96 Arc User
    Options
    Most people who are Shifting Sky can afford the fee without much trouble, to be fair.
    My mains:

TorquoiseBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII psychic
    MidnighteBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII duskblade
  • drgnpoison
    drgnpoison Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    im ts3 and i live week to week on 10mil so yea no just bc im twilight doesnt mean i can afford it
  • torquoisegamer
    Options
    drgnpoison wrote: »
    im ts3 and i live week to week on 10mil so yea no just bc im twilight doesnt mean i can afford it

30 mil divided by 3 players = 10 mil per player
    60 mil divided by 6 players = 10 mil per player
    My mains:

• drgnpoison
    Options
    yea thats 10mil a week i only have 10 mil per week and pretty sure the post said 50mil for the 6v6 but meh i only scanned it
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options

it's 50m divided between 6... even easier
  • torquoisegamer
    Options
    yea thats 10mil a week i only have 10 mil per week and pretty sure the post said 50mil for the 6v6 but meh i only scanned it

You're gonna have to decide where your priorities for coin lie, then.
    My mains:

• drgnpoison
    Options
    yea upgrading my hs for the weap and refining my gear im only slightly behind but no woa or com so meh
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    Options
    only mking sq needs fee. until u make another sq, u pay new fee. not every week for paying
    ur sq can be kept.
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • attackerv
    Options
    about alts wine, yes. in first couple days/weeks, we may meet a lots.

like NW, some ppl just want more token and bring some 1-shot alts in map.

but when rank is arranged as more fights, this issue will go better.

most alts rank are low and only farm low rank token.

those real pvp player rank will get higher and meet much less alts fight.

the big imbalance is from class diff. some classes need more gear adv to overcome their class weakness in this small scale pvp.

ofc, every expansive release, CSers/OP ppl always have more adv. Like card/star chart et al. that is how the company survive so far. F2p ppl just need time to catch up. that is what this game is . have to accept this P2W style if play this game. if lost to those better gear OP, frustration is unnecessary. just go lower rank and meet similar score ppl.
    Main Chars in tidewell:
  • soulstormer
    soulstormer Posts: 61 Arc User
    Options
    is there a set time for arena or is it an all day thing?
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 based on what @attackerv said and my understanding rank decides who u fight, so im a nv3 bm who decided to get the rep for r9 i dont have 1 r9 item not even ring just got the rep in case will i be punished and placed against r999 people, is that the case or am i misunderstanding this or by rank they mean like the HS arena score where you battle people within your scoring range. Also if this is rank as in rep based decision please remove 10k off my rep because this is just messed up all around
  • attackerv
    Options
    @kyoske the rank is not R8, R9, that is arena rank depend on what ur credit in total fights. yes. the score is like beast arena. when u reach some scores, u get less and less score but lost more score once u lost.

so fight more doesn't mean ur score can get higher. just like beast arena
    Main Chars in tidewell:
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    ballenato wrote: »

Not when you factor in the charm costs (which will rise on expansion), repairs and pots. Some people wont be able to afford it.

Also, I'm hearing that PWI are trying to charge people more to make squads and farm by increasing the cost of teles per use per min? I really hope this isn't true or charging people even more to use a main function of the game is the most autist idea ever. So many ways the occasional wc spam could be fixed and yet you go the making money route (as usual). And people still try to defend this MMO and say it's a free to play hahaha
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • drheal
    drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
    Options
    valdisman wrote: »
    ballenato wrote: »

Not when you factor in the charm costs (which will rise on expansion), repairs and pots. Some people wont be able to afford it.

Also, I'm hearing that PWI are trying to charge people more to make squads and farm by increasing the cost of teles per use per min? I really hope this isn't true or charging people even more to use a main function of the game is the most autist idea ever. So many ways the occasional wc spam could be fixed and yet you go the making money route (as usual). And people still try to defend this MMO and say it's a free to play hahaha

Wow that sounds like a really great idea to slow spamming down! Teles are way to cheap anyway.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @soulstormer We are a 24 hour with the exception of the downtime it has for calculating rankings on Wednesday.

General - Charms also have been coming out of codes when I'm able to put them in there and with the money that's not being spent elsewhere, there should be some going in for the repairs. Not to mention I've been handing out teles for free for a few months now as well in those code packs. I believe there's also a GM command that opens up an NPC that sells teles outright for coin, but I'm unsure if we're able to open this function too often. We'll see.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    I have a stack of 300 bound teles just from codes alone. I dont think the server is starving of teles yet unless they world chat a ton.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    when is arena event going to happen? once a week? which day\ hour? or permanently open​​

Its 24/7 outside of a window in Wednesday when it calculates ranks.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    attackerv wrote: »
    about alts wine, yes. in first couple days/weeks, we may meet a lots.

like NW, some ppl just want more token and bring some 1-shot alts in map.

but when rank is arranged as more fights, this issue will go better.

most alts rank are low and only farm low rank token.

those real pvp player rank will get higher and meet much less alts fight.

the big imbalance is from class diff. some classes need more gear adv to overcome their class weakness in this small scale pvp.

ofc, every expansive release, CSers/OP ppl always have more adv. Like card/star chart et al. that is how the company survive so far. F2p ppl just need time to catch up. that is what this game is . have to accept this P2W style if play this game. if lost to those better gear OP, frustration is unnecessary. just go lower rank and meet similar score ppl.

Just want to say guys, attackerv is a consistent source of advance info on new content. Want to thank him publicly for his work! We all appreciate it very much, even if we sometimes forget to say so.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• attackerv
    Options
    Im happy to service ppl and make them enjoy the game.
    when know some new thing coming in the future, it is exciting, isn't it?

another the arena issue is match. Because we don't have many ppl on line, we may suffer no match when score diff become large if the window is kept 24hour.

if we narrow window to 12hour like pwcn did, we will suffer time zone issue.

Hopefully, we have enough active ppl for pvp

I am happy it is X-server, meet ur guys in arena soon
    ( u may not meet me in XTW, cuz I am busy in my family time of weekend)

Main Chars in tidewell:
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @attackerv knowing pwi they will make the arena some crazy EU time (prob 12pm-12am) that is completely bias and screws over the NA players. We have seen it done on DA where we NA miss crucial events like tw nw rw and Thursday night fights why make all the other NA friendly servers suffer too? Keep it as is at 24hr I rather struggle to find a fight than NEVER get a chance at another event I need but get cheated out of. Basically make it 12pm-12am EU time by time most of us get off work it will likely be 10-12am EU time leaving us 2hrs to get enough fights to make points a 12 hour difference? Gz on making another fail even I prefer 24^hrs unless pwi makes two server let us pick which one and make it inner server only but doubt CN will care as much ._.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958