[PSA] Forum Changes and Updates!

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Hello PWI players!

As you might have noticed we just changed up our forums a bit in anticipation of our expansion!

I'll be trying to tidy things up around here and probably update some guidelines as far as posting so that I can better help you and answer threads instead of having them slip though the cracks.

Please let us know what you think about the changes here in this thread! Old threads should have stayed relatively in tact, but make sure you bookmark anything important for yourself if you haven't already!

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    "Archosaur City" looks like it should be a container (like the old "PWI" container was), but is instead the old "Cash Shop Huddle" forum.

The "Game Forums" category is a remnant from the migration to Vanilla, when all the game forums were in the one main forum. It's completely irrelevant and just wasting space.

The current "PWI" container is still up at the top, and encompasses the whole list that is visible sitting on the "Categories" page. It's just a redundancy. Not sure how they managed to code it to appear as it has.

Other than that, it's looking good.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sahitan001
    sahitan001 Posts: 49 Arc User
    Yes I think it does not bother anyone. The German forum has been dead for years. All infos, codes and news are running through the English forum. That is NOTE: This change will only affect the EN official forum for PWI. no matter. It is sad but is now so
  • ellenfan
    ellenfan Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    whatever you did, i cant access forums anymore on my pc
    i click "forums" and it loads an empty page
    i can see the tabs on top and the about us section on the bottom but nothing in between

weirdly enough it works on my phone (with which im typing this), but no matter which browser i try on my pc it just wont work
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    ellenfan wrote: »
    whatever you did, i cant access forums anymore on my pc
    i click "forums" and it loads an empty page
    i can see the tabs on top and the about us section on the bottom but nothing in between

weirdly enough it works on my phone (with which im typing this), but no matter which browser i try on my pc it just wont work

Clear your cache. I had a similar issue when I got to work this morning.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @sahitan001 I haven't talked to the German CM (or rather, the people who handle the German side of the forums). How do the forums look there overall as far as formatting? I didn't try and make any moves to change or tweak these since I assumed they were either ok on their own or was something I wasn't really able to action on.
  • wisewillowtree
    wisewillowtree Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can we, or will we, ever be able to send items and coin across servers?
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Can we, or will we, ever be able to send items and coin across servers?

From what I understand, this is not very likely outside of the cross-server event server.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Old info, As of 24/05/22

Will unstick.

Thanks.