Scheduled Server Maintenance [3/14/2017 - 11 PM PST]

Options
kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Good evening PWI players!

We will be having our regular server maintenance tonight at 11pm PST. Tonight's maintenance will have no patch, restart only!

Tonight's maintenance will include Althea spawns, so please be aware that this will impact maintenance times.

*Tentative Duration*

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

- The PWI Crew

Tonight's Maintenance Question :
uji4az7r9zty.png

vzpkai4bskpg.png

Soon(TM)

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    OOh first post...

Not seeing a question, just picktures​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    So my question is.. is there an estimated release date for this new expansion or are we going to keep getting teased and it's just gonna randomly happen like the last update?

This and any new items that we need to save up for? Would rather have this info sooner rather than later... Much appreciated <3
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    I'm curious will that now make getting bloods faster or a bust like TnF was for most people who aren't on EU time zone unless they been doing it for month even though they didn't need it pre update,making it so most of the EU ppl are done with passives months in advance I'm still not done btw gg wp pwi. But legit though hope this rune stuff doesn't turn into a waste of my time like UP update was
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    Am I the only one extremely curious bout sanctified property? I think I read on CN patch notes how there is some rock-paper-scissors system with runes too but there wasnt much info on it and translations google offers can be pretty bad.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Those Items on the second picture are traded for something.
    What and how do you get that something?
    New instance or some new daily ? :D

Also aside from that there is an item with a ''?'' character near the blood items...
    Now I am curious.

• mayiawolf
    mayiawolf Posts: 33 Arc User
    Options
    noooo , now i have to wait , this is exciting. What is the estimated release date, if there is one.
  • updownleftrighty
    updownleftrighty Posts: 42 Arc User
    Options
    the ? one next to bloods has the same shape as one of the runes and the same colors as all the runes bet it s like a rune pack that gets you a random one
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I had a strong feeling runes were going to be called glyphs on our version. I prefer the sound of runes, but we better get used to calling them glyphs now!

I don't want to be annoying, but @kalystconquerer#0876 did you have any spare time to try the Schisms? I just want to make sure switching cultivation is still possible after reaching the new one and whether people are able to reset skills (normal schism) or keep them (advanced schism).

Does anything happen to the glyphs upon changing? What happens if you've started the new cultivation quest, but decide to change your base cultivation (sage/demon) before you complete it? Do you have to complete it first before changing? I also heard/read from these PWCN sites/sources that there are two stages of the new cultivation (seen two fairies also). What happens if you complete stage 1 but decide to change your base cultivation. Can you proceed to stage 2 without any bugs? Or do you have to complete both stages before switching?

...or do we get a new Super Advanced Schism? :*
  • killinkingkush#9034
    killinkingkush#9034 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    so you have a skill slot, and a bonus slot, the bonus is that of the different glyphs. so 5 different effects to choose from for that skill. and that would go for all the available skill slots? the npc im assuming is the quest npc from where ever you get the glyphs. something like that. bad english sorry.
  • glay4fun
    glay4fun Posts: 87 Arc User
    Options
    Q: Will Althea tokens wich are in bank and not in inventory also be changed? Because i forgot to take it out >.>
  • keihan007#7641
    Options

Does anything happen to the glyphs upon changing? What happens if you've started the new cultivation quest, but decide to change your base cultivation (sage/demon) before you complete it? Do you have to complete it first before changing? I also heard/read from these PWCN sites/sources that there are two stages of the new cultivation (seen two fairies also). What happens if you complete stage 1 but decide to change your base cultivation. Can you proceed to stage 2 without any bugs? Or do you have to complete both stages before switching?

Please no, the idea of one culti step is fine but I imagine that to be something similar to what OHT culti used to be. 2nd stage for culti seems like awful lot of trouble and I honestly dont really know what the purpose of 2 stage culti would be. Like I still remember how hellish finishing my celestial culti from like map 2 was in a day cause it was unclear if I needed it for rebirthing. Turns out I didnt - On a toon I dont even play any longer, fun times.

I honestly expect there to be some glitch in swapping cultis as there are so many things you can do with it from the sound of it, which makes testing for them all difficult.

As for glyphs being affected when you change your cultivation - I dont think there is much of a chance to it. We clearly got glyph bag and nothing I have personally heard suggests runes are hard to change around. I imagine you can freely swap them outside of combat with no penalty. Any other restrictions on changing runes would be pretty idiotic imo but it wouldnt be first time they did something in manner I thought idiotic.

• eaglestorm
    eaglestorm Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    blazerboy wrote: »
    I'm curious will that now make getting bloods faster or a bust like TnF was for most people who aren't on EU time zone unless they been doing it for month even though they didn't need it pre update,making it so most of the EU ppl are done with passives months in advance I'm still not done btw gg wp pwi. But legit though hope this rune stuff doesn't turn into a waste of my time like UP update was

and in US time zones on other servers so EU players have difficulty doing these things. remember it is not only people on the EU server that miss out. Those on original servers have been missing out for years.

However what are the glyphs about? is there any info (preferably in english) where one can read up about it please?
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    Options
    Simple reboot taking longer than when they patch - how hard is it - some "reboots" take less than two hours - they changed the estimate to 4 to stop people swamping the forum after 3 passed - why does on week simple reboot take hours more than others
    For all the "you have no clue what's involved people" - I have over 100 servers under my responsibility so I have a better clue than most
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Look up previous info on this. Its not a simple on and off switch.

The software. And spawning items takes time. It's just an old system.
  • blazerboy
    Options
    @eaglestorm honestly most of my EU friends from HL agree with me prior to server merge when they had to give up just sleep or sleep earlier to make events. For the most part it was possible just if they were willing to make the choice. Atm yea we can't make a choice of being employed or gaming so I'm sure it was similar on other server maybe not exact same because I understand the 3hr time diff but it should have been a bit easier since it was 3hrs back
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    I wonder if Kalyst can answer as I am pretty sure bout this seeing the npc and her showing parts of the info. The new skillbooks are random books, right? I cant imagine how you would fit all the needed specific books under 1 tab so I imagine they are like OBP/PoF books where you have chance of getting each skill. I am so not a fan of systems like this but oh well.

• glay4fun
    glay4fun Posts: 87 Arc User
    Options
    Excuse me >.>, will Althea that were left in the bank during the main also be changed? Hope its not like with teh rooster tokens.
  • deathsembrace#6917
    deathsembrace#6917 Posts: 26 Arc User
    Options
    clyknight wrote: »
    Simple reboot taking longer than when they patch - how hard is it - some "reboots" take less than two hours - they changed the estimate to 4 to stop people swamping the forum after 3 passed - why does on week simple reboot take hours more than others
    For all the "you have no clue what's involved people" - I have over 100 servers under my responsibility so I have a better clue than most

You say you have over 100 servers under your responsibility/control, but are they game servers that handle the games layout? Instances? Mobs/bosses? Player location? Hundreds of other features found in game? Whether they do or not, it all boils down to the OS being used, how long the systems are shut down for to cool off, if the systems do independent drive spin-up, if the system automatically initiates a defragmentation of said drives and anything else that the admins and/or systems do upon startup. There's a lot of unknown variables that I'm sure we're not going to learn about when it comes down to how the computers are handled. As I've learned over the years of playing, just wait it out. Sometimes the servers come back up early, other times there could be an issue and they would need to be down for a little longer while the issue gets fixed.
  • lunarus
    lunarus Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    this is interesting...
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    Well I didnt get my Althea card, which is weird as Kalyst stated they would be spawning them during the maint. Anybody else missing their card or is this only affecting me?

• wesker
    wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »
    Well I didnt get my Althea card, which is weird as Kalyst stated they would be spawning them during the maint. Anybody else missing their card or is this only affecting me?
    get use to it - it's not the 1st time... never trust strangers!
    and no worry - mine wasnt exchanged either

• whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    Options

PWI shenanigans...
    The only GOP
  • blazerboy
    Options
    @ladyblonde69 go blue name like me
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Please no, the idea of one culti step is fine but I imagine that to be something similar to what OHT culti used to be. 2nd stage for culti seems like awful lot of trouble and I honestly dont really know what the purpose of 2 stage culti would be. Like I still remember how hellish finishing my celestial culti from like map 2 was in a day cause it was unclear if I needed it for rebirthing. Turns out I didnt - On a toon I dont even play any longer, fun times.

I honestly expect there to be some glitch in swapping cultis as there are so many things you can do with it from the sound of it, which makes testing for them all difficult.

As for glyphs being affected when you change your cultivation - I dont think there is much of a chance to it. We clearly got glyph bag and nothing I have personally heard suggests runes are hard to change around. I imagine you can freely swap them outside of combat with no penalty. Any other restrictions on changing runes would be pretty idiotic imo but it wouldnt be first time they did something in manner I thought idiotic.

I don't trust PWCN devs after all the little mess ups they've done in regards to skills (unable to un-merge Primal World skills without losing everything) or gear (didn't even tell our very own GMs when they asked about PWCN Purify Spell), so I'd rather try my luck asking Kalyst if they have time to test this, so all players can know beforehand if there are any sort of bugs.

I expect the runes (ehem, glyphs) will change some people's opinion about what cultivation they want to play. Sure, you can theorycraft already and decide if you want to swap before the update (just to be safe), but actual game testing can bring some new things to the table that you might have not considered before. Then there are people that simply like to swap once in awhile out of boredom or because they feel like it (though I suppose with runes that won't happen as much, since the differences are smaller).

For anyone curious about the two fairies: Here's the first one and here's the second one. Makes you wonder why they didn't just make new Sage and Demon fairies if they already went through the trouble to design two.

​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Does the padlock symbol mean that glyphs are locked into a slot once you embed them? Or can we swap them around to try different effects?
  • escapistartist
    escapistartist Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    I should like to also take this opportunity and second the suggested schism verification, it's quite important for many players.

Can't complain about getting all the teasers and whatnot of course, but confusion and worry are both big deterrents to enjoying them; if they can be subsided, it would do a world of good!

Unless the testing would somehow fall into NDA land, then that is understandable, and even the mere mention of such would be answer enough. :pensive:
    Sheepy_Siggy.png
    (´ω`) ( °ω° )
    Woollen Fox • Ylvanie • Twilight Temple
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    @saxroll I only had a limited amount of people for Etherblade, which I found odd- much lower than I was expecting last night! The lists are complied by CS after the datapulls are done, so if for some reason you were missed in the datapull and didn't get your card, go ahead and let them know! I'll be letting others know on my end as well that we seemed to have a missing chunk of players and request another datapull. We'll get everyone all sorted out!

For everyone asking about Runes er I mean Glyphs - yes, you can swap freely so long as you're not in combat. The locked icons are form the fact that the particular character I'm using only has the first level of the combined cultivation. The quests themselves aren't horribly long, but the cultivation does ask you to beat some monsters that are a bit...exasperating? I guess is the best way to put it, ha!

For those asking about Cultivation swapping - I did a very light pass on it and everything looks normal. As the first stage of the new cultivation I can use the Supreme Celestial Schism to change from Sage to Demon. I was also able to learn a skill after swapping cultivation (Was able to learn a demon skill upgrade) But I'll try different combinations just to see if anything breaks as well as try out the regular schism.