Regarding G17 Gear

Comments

• ellenfan
    ellenfan Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    oh god PLEASE tell me the g17 stuff (that being rings) doesn't say "not tradeable"+"not accountstahable"
    i mean cmon it would be so retar.ded to have to farm so long for an item and u cant trade it in the end
    not everyone can afford 1-2 fingerbeads per character and instead have just 1 they r trading around on multiple chars

i think this really needs to be adressed ~
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    ellenfan wrote: »
    oh god PLEASE tell me the g17 stuff (that being rings) doesn't say "not tradeable"+"not accountstahable"
    i mean cmon it would be so retar.ded to have to farm so long for an item and u cant trade it in the end
    not everyone can afford 1-2 fingerbeads per character and instead have just 1 they r trading around on multiple chars

i think this really needs to be adressed ~
    It does :D I mean, just look at this fancy font in the bottom, must be it :p
    Welp, same goes for G17 weapons, you won't ever lose it in pk. :D
    gk0Lbky.jpg

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    +1 at what @ladyblonde69 said. That price to keep what you already paid for is what drives people to quit when they hear g17 or r10, whatever. It's not the grind really or paying for new gear i dont think, its losing the billions they already spent and spending that much again just to keep what they had.

On another topic.. . I, too, would like to see a transfer option for heaven ravager robe. This was made for our version to be a on par with wings of ascension. I feel badly duped that i made this but the billions i put in on refines and shards will be useless since the cape cant upgrade while others who just happened to choose the other cape will get to keep their shards. :(

I know you're only human kalyst but its really frustrating that solutions for these issues arent already thought of in a game that is so much about keeping up with the joneses.... Especially when the customer base already mentioned these issues months ago when CN update was first released. In our minds pw had months already to look at this. There's a big gap between a homogeneous company that knows their products and wants to please their customers and the piecemeal that is pw :/ that gap has been made a lot smaller but it still seems like a struggle any time there are gear releases. It makes me think no one actually has an understanding of the gear system in the game who works for PW.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Hello G17 gear!
    Goodbye new players in trying to catch up with old players!
    giphy.gif

• nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    New players are often discouraged just due to, what used to be 6months of dailes, now close to a year of dailes just so you can max out passives...

What really disappointed me was that the boundary pills used to max out each sky lvl did just that and included no bloods at all... Meaning that these pills are basically useless since you will be doing the dailes anywho.
    The 400 gold pill would not be that bad of a price if the bloods were actually included but even then a 75% off sale is what would get me to buy one...

So no pw is not attempting to bring in new players by making new G17 Gears they are simply trying to milk the old player base for more cash hence why they added +3's and I'm expecting+20's to show...

PW used to be a fun and active game pulling in new players daily but, if anything it's anything but that now... Take a look at steam reviews for PWI, within the first day that it was available it received near 300+ negative reviews from players currently active in the game that advise against devoting their lives to a game cause a company is more concerned with cash flow than actually attracting new players and making it more accessible...

So yep just sitting here waiting for the s+ cards to come out so nuema portal players will RQ as well, the GM PvP event was a step in the right direction but, it also showed that the S+ cards and +20 vit stones are already accessible and in our version. It's just a matter of time till some money hungry dev decides to unlock them to milk the nuema portal RB 2 players.

So in my opinion G17 is a giant mistake for this game. Just due to the accessibility G17 wep is a year of farming +dailes and would not even be surprised if the G17 rings and capes end up like this.

If they truly wanted more players remove dailes for bloods and make G17 more accessible for players. This still requires a player to farm/cash R9, refines, shard, NW Orns, emperor, star chart and a decent card set.

Your cash flow would not stop since dailes are restricting players from coming back in the first place.

Dailes should be to speed up the process of a game like a BH does not to restrict a player from competition cause of a stat like spirit.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2017
    @eirghan Without divulging too much and breaking NDA's left and right, the timing between the launch in CN and us receiving content would not allow for these changes, even if we suspect there will be issues (issues being gear progression related, not bugs. Bug fixes from their update should be passed into our version if there was any in CN). Sometimes they slip in new US changes that were requests from either prior PM's or things they wanted to be done in our version, so usually I can't really take "leaks" at face value and assume content will be missing or included, until we actually receive our build.

Our gear progression has been already off balance when we created our own line of gear that deviated from CN, including these version specific items. Generally, in a perfect world (pun intended), the devs have a running count of what's in the game and what isn't between the versions, but that's not always the case. When that happens, we let them know what's missing. There are lots of areas of improvement that can be done, some more quickly than others. I chronicle these all internally so to pinpoint exactly where there are stop gaps to people who are not nearly as familiar with the game.

@maksim1995 Yes it is "Doesn't drop on death, unable to be discarded, unable to be traded, unable to be put in Account Stash". Interesting that it's in blue in CN, but ours is white.

@bloodedone87 this update definitely caters alot to the endgame users and the PvPers. There are still systems in the game that were made for the lower level players and are specific to us, such as Lucidsilver/gold and JoJ, but I'm always looking through old documentation every day to find anything I might have missed that can be introduced to players.

EDIT: Yes I am aware that JoJ gets farmed probably worse than DQ ever did, but this was, for it's original intent, meant as a boost for new players in light of missing the NPC coin from DQ. In hindsight, I'm unsure if I would agree with its execution but I was a player then and not an employee, ha!

General - didn't get an email back yet, so I've shot them a follow up!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User

@bloodedone87 this update definitely caters alot to the endgame users and the PvPers. There are still systems in the game that were made for the lower level players and are specific to us, such as Lucidsilver/gold and JoJ, but I'm always looking through old documentation every day to find anything I might have missed that can be introduced to players.

In the last 3-4 years was there any update that didn´t cater alot to endgame users?

giphy.gif

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    So in addition to chienkun stones being a total rediculous price my Alts lose a good ring too huh. Okay.....
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • eirghan
    edited March 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876 i totally hear you but i think that puts quite a lot of weight of responsibility on your team. I dont pretend to understand the agreement between pwe and pwcn... But... As a game company who has a licenser who has been doing business with them for years its my dream that they would take some interest in our version and understand a rudimentary amount of our "needs" or take the initiative to start that conversation just as good business practice to help smooth the transition. I mean, maybe they already do... i just see a lot of holes in our gear systems alone that i imagine that conversation could address (r8rr, r9 cn version, now g17). I know thats just a dream because likely due to the changing of hands over the years those systems are somewhat more complicated than they should have ever been. Still its nice to dream ^^

Understand i don't blame any one person or side. I can see this is likely a beast to manage, but being a patron of other games as well i can really see the difference in the experience as a player.

That said this is massive (and i mean MASSIVE) Improvement over the lack of information/contact/conversation that we had a year ago. Even having a nod that there is an inconsistency and in time we might be able to address it is AMAZING so thank you. That really makes all the difference.
  • ellenfan
    @kalystconquerer#0876 since u were talking about gear progress at some point in this thread...
    i know its being annoying if ppl keep asking about it, but is there any info ur allowed to give us on whether or not farming (dull) zenith skulls will be made easier with the upcoming expansion?

weve had elysium for exactly 11months if i remember the release date correctly, ive done UP EVERY single day, mostly even 2-3x (diff characters) and ive had ONE redmat drop from last boss for the first time ever recently in almost a yr
    idk how lucky others are but given the fact u need 61 skulls for 4th + 5th cast this is kinda ridiculous
    also the fact that nobody is selling them either cos everybody wants the weapon themselves, and those who do basically force u to sell ur house ur car and prolly ur mom and dog as well if u want to buy it
    UPD isnt an option for the same reason...u get 1 key a day, 1 shard per UPD run and everybody wants that shard ofc
    even if u did UPD every day and the squad was always selling to u it would still take 2 years to farm ONE weapon

at this point all i can say is, 60 more YEARS to go, yahay :tired_face:
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    So, @kalystconquerer#0876 U're telling us that....

Our Star destiny +12 Ring is gonna be useless??

Our Base Helmet is gonna be useless???

Our Heaven Ravager cape is gonna be useless??

Ok, time to quit this f ..... game. Just because you guys cant think of stuff u have made in the past, and make it right for future...

The update on China landed on November, U think almost 5 months, isnt enough to test these things?? I sent u a message about this since december, and u NEVER responded.
  • nunuator
    edited March 2017
    So alts are getting screwed in this next update want a G17 ring 2 bad you can't account stash it LMFAO really.... gonna end up being a 5-6bill ring is my best guess and it can't be account stashed... Makes me want to just keep it at the first cast since I can still use it on both my DB and Seeker which are both on the same account, I honestly don't see a point of char locking the G17 ring and it will honestly discourage people to get one.
    Best guess is that this is true for the CoM and WoA upgrade.... so guess what you know how you used to be able to account stash it and why you made a toon on this account to gear hah you guessed wrong buy another CoM and WoA to shard and refine with stupidly high chienkun prices.
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    Man.. xD it is sad how they make everything non-stashable nowadays. I mean I understand this was made cause some people were abusing some items in the past with their account stashes, but damn, now gear too? Can't see the reason why.

People spend a lot of money on these gears, and some make it bound for easier refinement and/or pvp safety. Once an item is bound, only way to share it between main and alts on the same account is through the stash. To me that seems fair, and not as an abuse of the gears, cause people paid a lot for it, they should be able to share it between alts. That's the supposed purpose of the Account Stash, but with this ridiculous limitations, it kind of seems like a scam and poitless to buy an Account Stash Stone.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    Not being funny, and in a game like this with the costs etc its slightly frustrating, but honestly isnt the gear progression the whole reason to the game? The point is to have an update, work towards new gear, and never stop because theres not much else to work on. It costs a lot, sure, and if you have to start from the beginning its quite annoying, but its not like Muild Laws 2 where you wait for the story every expansion because its gripping and means a lot, your literally waiting for the gear, the upgrades, the grind.

I think people complain to much about the new gears where the majority of the fun of the game is grinding to get these gears and join the top tier when you have them. Got a Heaven's Ravenger that cant be upgraded? Fine start from stage 1, make your alt very happy and enjoy the grind. Got a stars destiny? Fine start from stage 1 (What I will be doing), make your alt very happy and enjoy the grind.

By the same logic going in most of this thread, I could complain about how I could never turn my G16 into r9 or Warsoul. Sometimes you just have to start from the beginning of the gear treadmill, cause thats what this game is about, and its absolutely fine.

Not sure how people became so delusional about the reason most of us play lol.

Personally I will be starting from stage 1 on most of these gears (Even though I have WoA) since I dont wanna lose my refines for something which is going to take a decade to farm and wont be better until the very last step, but thats fine. Its something to work on and enjoy.
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    ballenato wrote: »

Ok, time to quit this f ..... game. Just because you guys cant think of stuff u have made in the past, and make it right for future...

The update on China landed on November, U think almost 5 months, isnt enough to test these things?? I sent u a message about this since december, and u NEVER responded.

We don't know how long farming the G17 rings/cape takes, though. If it's anything like G17 weapons then we might even get recasts for our PWI-specific gear before anyone gets to farm the new stuff. monkey-43.gif But I really do hope they address this.

​​
  • maksim1995
    edited March 2017
    ballenato wrote: »

We don't know how long farming the G17 rings/cape takes, though. If it's anything like G17 weapons then we might even get recasts for our PWI-specific gear before anyone gets to farm the new stuff. monkey-43.gif But I really do hope they address this.

​​

Last cast ring: 160.600 arena coins <--- (grand total of 1st to last cast), or 321.200 if you want 2 of them.
    Last cast cape: 150.000 arena coins if you go straight for 2nd cast from WoA, or 159.200 arena coins <--- (grand total of 1st to last cast) if you farm it from 0.
    So x2 rings + cape are like 470k-480k arena coins.
    The only question now is how much coins each player gets for 1 battle and if those battles are limited per week, well.... xD pls expect alt fiesta :D (same like most of us do with g17 weps - alt homesteads to farm sigils).

• kalystconquerer#0876
    @ballenato Even having "loose" knowledge of what's in CN's version does not guarantee anything will be included or missing and we have to actually see whats in the build, rather than assume. I missed the helms in my initial pass since this thread was mostly asking about Capes and Rings, but I could throw into the inquiry as well!

@maksim1995 We'll be covering more details about this feature and many others as the time draws closer! Not sure how deeply the PvP points of interest have been investigated by our players, but until I get more solid details about it's inner workings to write up a good blog on it, I'm not able to really fully respond to this.

@eternalghost We should make OHT gear upgrade into R9 Kappa. (On a side note I love OHT gear and how it looks but it's so neglected. If I had any one wish, it would be for there to be a viable upgrade line in OHT armors on par with G16 or that matches R8recast and provides players the ability to do extreme crazy builds based on unique adds.)

@ellenfan I changed up some of the TW and DC rewards to address some of this and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do the cross server TNF that CN wants us to run as a more infrequent tournament series, rather than on a week by week basis. There's too much room for error in the later and with expansion coming up, I haven't dedicated my efforts into coming up with anything that's viable and self sustaining for this other than a half finished document/proposal I've been drafting on and off. Outside of this, I haven't seen any additional sources of these items or ways to ramp these up, so I'll have to get creative with it.

@eirghan I think it's important to understand and acknowledge where there are areas of improvement and communicate that you see them and - most importantly - act on what you can! I think I'm starting to get the hang of what the nature of our agreements are and what we can and can't push, and it's very odd to navigate for sure.

General - I think they misunderstood my email, so I will ask my question again and provide some SS this time. I'm shooting to have a solid answer by the end of this week. If I skip over some concerns addressed here, my apologies but I'll be extremely busy today setting up alot of the content teaser blogs and doing some general housekeeping! (including but not limited to - Exclusivity for items, requesting Event Shop updates, requesting events and other super secret items!)
  • maksim1995
    General - I think they misunderstood my email, so I will ask my question again and provide some SS this time. I'm shooting to have a solid answer by the end of this week. If I skip over some concerns addressed here, my apologies but I'll be extremely busy today setting up alot of the content teaser blogs and doing some general housekeeping! (including but not limited to - Exclusivity for items, requesting Event Shop updates, requesting events and other super secret items!)
    I think you missed one of my msg's on the 1st page. These are a screenshots I want you to send them, so maaaaybe they will understand what we are talking about here.
    niFNyx1.jpg
    muz8i2n.jpg
    kOgIuo4.jpg
    fbF1xgQ.jpg
    pBlGe6V.jpg

• ellenfan
    @ellenfan I changed up some of the TW and DC rewards to address some of this and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do the cross server TNF that CN wants us to run as a more infrequent tournament series, rather than on a week by week basis. There's too much room for error in the later and with expansion coming up, I haven't dedicated my efforts into coming up with anything that's viable and self sustaining for this other than a half finished document/proposal I've been drafting on and off. Outside of this, I haven't seen any additional sources of these items or ways to ramp these up, so I'll have to get creative with it.

ok thanks for the info! (however frustrating it might be >_<)

regarding xTNF, the info weve been given basically said the (only?) issue CN has is that they dont want a CoM to enter 1 out of 4 servers each week, right?
    if thats the case why not just remove the helmet? ofc im not speaking for everyone but at this point most high-end players already got a CoM and each super sochi sale theres several more being dropped so >for me personally< i wouldnt mind having them removed if having "such a powerful item" enter so few servers each week is their only concern..
  • nunuator
    edited March 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876

Can you confirm if they state unable to be account stashed or what is happening here?
    If they can't be account stashed there goes my 2nd toon that I have on the same account so I didn't have to buy and refine another CoM and WoA.

If they are unable to be account stashed....

Is there any way to get account stashable versions of these upgrades? Seeing that it's through TNF it's limited to one toon per account at a time... Seeing that this statement is true I don't see a reason as to why the upgrades become toon bound instead of account bound like they currently are.

• eirghan
    maksim1995 wrote: »
    I think you missed one of my msg's on the 1st page. These are a screenshots I want you to send them, so maaaaybe they will understand what we are talking about here.
    niFNyx1.jpg
    muz8i2n.jpg
    kOgIuo4.jpg
    fbF1xgQ.jpg
    pBlGe6V.jpg

so to confirm, looks like these pages do show an upgradeable route for our nw gear, correct? or am I being stupid since everyone else seems to be saying there isnt a way but this picture kind of shows there is... idk i am stupid .__.​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    They are not actual screenshots but are created/"home made screenshots?" lol, they were made to show to PWCN as a suggestion, in the hope that they would give us this route.
  • maksim1995
    edited April 2017
    shopcheese wrote: »
    They are not actual screenshots but are created/"home made screenshots?" lol, they were made to show to PWCN as a suggestion, in the hope that they would give us this route.

^ This.
  • eirghan
    Dont let my dreams be dreams PW.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    I was worried this thread randomly vanished but it's alive and living.

The only update I have at this time is that I have to run a datapull on all affected users from the time the rings were introduced until now. Since it's an upgrade path, I had to ask around how to get this data pulled as I had previously thought it was impossible. I wont be able to start the process tomorrow since there's going to be alot going on due to expansion, but I'll be able to do it next week. After I get all the information necessary, we'll see how wide the impact is and be able to moved from there!
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    I was worried this thread randomly vanished but it's alive and living.

The only update I have at this time is that I have to run a datapull on all affected users from the time the rings were introduced until now. Since it's an upgrade path, I had to ask around how to get this data pulled as I had previously thought it was impossible. I wont be able to start the process tomorrow since there's going to be alot going on due to expansion, but I'll be able to do it next week. After I get all the information necessary, we'll see how wide the impact is and be able to moved from there!

We players can tell you the its extremely widespread. I would imagine there to be easily 1k+ rings on each server that are affected.

Also another note, I did make a guildie Star`s Destiny earlier today. So if you would compensate players who crafted such rings, which seems to be what you are saying might happen, there is a fair bit of players who would get screwed over it as they had their guildies/friends craft the rings for them. No option is perfect but thought I`d bring this up. Likely fairest option would be just compensate players who have such rings at the time of compensation if you can do such a datapull.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Im confused. What are you trying to achieve by doing a datapull?
  • eirghan
    edited April 2017
    Yeah the fact that they are commonly manufactured and sold as nw token service is a good point. Some may ink off name and so on

If there is plans of simply doing a mass replacement one time of every ring in inventories it may be worth it to pay attention to refines, shards and engraves. I can see this being somewhat easier in the short run than implementing a forge option... But.... Not sure if the refines will carry over but i know my seeker cant even equip gear without the engrave on my nw ring. If they replaced cape/helms too without refines and shards my character would be so uncompetitive shed have to leave her tw faction until i could finish farming upgrades... however long that takes .

Food for thought.

Edit: and now that ive eaten that food, what of nw upgraded base helms? Not even sure how helms are in china so my apologies i dont even know if this is a logical consideration
    Post edited by eirghan on
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    That's partially what this datapull will need to track. This should (from my understanding of it) get every instance of the ring being upgraded. All I need for the moment is just how many total have been made since they were introduced. From the results of such findings, we can then see how CN will respond and what we'd have to do if it comes down to a compensation route. Refines are easy compensation, but specific engravings is a whole other beast entirely.

Of course I did mention just rings, but I'll be tracking the upgrades of other items as well that were mentioned here!
  • eirghan
    I am glad to hear those are taken into consideration. Thanks for doing the data pull and sending this to CN to see what can be done. Much appreciated with your guys probably GIGANTIC work load day before live with this update.