Ancient Gift

Options
storm#4377
storm#4377 Posts: 25 Arc User
Why have Ancient Gifts been put on a pedestal so high? Lately they have brought them back to the server but no where near the capacity it used to be. I have seen them be given out as rewards and stuff but in an amount that is just quite hilarious. For instance look at this example below at this event that was just posted. One of the items on the maximum reward unlocked is a single ancient gift. It's like really?? Are you freaking serious?? 1 ancient gift? So you can have the vitae buff for 1 freaking hour and then its gone??? Come on....

235 000 Hours:
x1 Ancient Gift
x1 War Avatar Chest : A
x1 Primordial Blood
x1 Profundity Scroll II Ticket

People used to get 6 of those Invitation Scrolls per day from the inactive friend system. Chances are you would get at least 1 ancient gift in those 6 scrolls. This would allow the item to be moderately useful unless you were some die hard who had their friends list maxed out with inactive people. 1 ancient gift for 1 hour is hardly worth anyone's time. Even items like Profundity Scroll II Ticket in the example above. The max reward unlocked includes a ticket worth 100,000 exp!!!! LOLLOLOL.

If your going to give a small insignificant item as a reward, atleast up the quantity to a respectable amount. Give them a week's worth at the very least.

Comments

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Kalyst said in another post that China wants Ancient Gifts heavily regulated. Another example of them having no idea how things are on this side of the world. But PWE has to follow what China dictates.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    @capnk Is correct, the usage of these can not be too high because they want to be careful about their impact. Obviously, with Invite a Friend having been left on as long as it did initially, it would have already had a impact along with the redeems we had for when Wukong was introduced and we had no way of knowing that the items from Invite would have been used. Invite a Friend is actually still being worked on, but like Ive touched upon before, it may be the last time I could run such an event since some players farm inactive alts for the buffs rather than using it for it's intended function.

This is actually the first time I'm testing the waters with having more Ancient Gifts available on an event basis as opposed to money based promos. I am very confident the community will hit all benchmarks based on the data I have readily available. I'll be opening up that thread so that more people can discuss and ask questions about the event and what to expect!

Remember, this is a community effort meaning that everyone's playtime great or small across all servers will be adding towards these totals. I would be very shocked if all these goals are not unlocked before the month is out! If this is an event players enjoy, then we can always tweak the prizing structures - I didn't want to suddenly have a huge crazy amount going in and then get questioned about it, so hope this makes sense!
  • n3murinomori
    n3murinomori Posts: 43 Arc User
    Options
    Even as i understand your point of having that item heavily regulated that doesn't mean offering as little as 1 .... for a top tier prize where something like x3 would still be just as heavily regulated because ... you're only giving them during this event ! I would interpret it like that !
    TheGreatKhan of DawnGlory
    sadasdds.png
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    I just wish they made it available through the boutique xD. We don't even need the Invite a Friend thing. Legacy Mark and Ancient Gift are already untradeable and unstashable, and I bet they can make the Legacy Mark selfbuff-only. But oh well, to be honest, I already lost my hopes with this.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori