Title Quest Guide

Comments

• orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Awesome guide! But if I may make a suggestion. Maybe add enemy levels and recommended player/team effort to take them down? It's difficult guaging which title chains newb alts can do or even which my main can solo.
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »
    10. Seal: Originia River
    (i) Stand on top of the bridge of Originia River, between Swiftwind and Etherblade (358 652) to pick up Seal: Originia River. Kill 20 'Mutant Whirler Turtle'.  [Turtle-broken Palm](Accuracy +10)

Actual coordinates are 414 795 (25)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    parrot2010 wrote: »
    (i) Stand on top of the bridge of Originia River, between Swiftwind and Etherblade (358 652) to pick up Seal: Originia River. Kill 20 'Mutant Whirler Turtle'.  [Turtle-broken Palm](Accuracy +10)

Actual coordinates are 414 795 (25)

Thanks I've updated this. You're correct I must have jotted down the location for swift wind rather than the bridge and forgot to update the main post!
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Awesome guide! But if I may make a suggestion. Maybe add enemy levels and recommended player/team effort to take them down? It's difficult guaging which title chains newb alts can do or even which my main can solo.

Thats a really good idea and I'll definitely look at adding it in the future. I am working through the titles again on an alt at the moment so hopefully I'll be able to add that information in the next few months. Unfortunately I'm not focusing on it really hard right now so might take some time before I can get this up :) Edit: if you have any particular suggestions on ratings please feel free to leave them here and I'll definitely include them
    Post edited by eirghan on
  • eirghan
    edited January 2017
    Made a few small "quality of life" changes to the wording in the first few quest series to work better with the rest of the guide, including some coordinates for mobs or objectives that were missing. Also revamped the description of how to summon Deiceter White, Black and the Cenminator to hopefully be more clear on how to spawn using the wraith order items.

Added a "how to" section with general tips and tricks for title questing that may be helpful for the absolute title quest beginner.
    Post edited by eirghan on
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Thats a really good idea and I'll definitely look at adding it in the future. I am working through the titles again on an alt at the moment so hopefully I'll be able to add that information in the next few months. Unfortunately I'm not focusing on it really hard right now so might take some time before I can get this up :) Edit: if you have any particular suggestions on ratings please feel free to leave them here and I'll definitely include them

Level then one of either "normal monster", "tough monster"(higher than normal HP, attack, etc), "soloable boss" or "tough boss" (team needed, higher stats, etc) for their level

Examples:

Normal monsters are the most basic and they can be taken on by anyone of their level and above. "Frozen Wolfmaster" (from Seal: Volcanic Purgatory) would read: "Frozen Wolfmaster; level 26 normal monster", and would be an example of this.

Tough monsters would require an equal-leveled character to have either good gear, help from friends, or sometimes both. "Barnacles" (from Seal: of Emerald Dragon Gulf) would read: "Barnacles; level 30 tough monster", and would be an example of this.

Solo bosses would be 'boss'-class enemies that one could solo with decent gear. "Bloodraged Cadaver" (from Seal: Shining Tidewood) would read: "Bloodraged Cadaver; level 31 solo boss", and would be an example of this.

"Tough bosses would require same-level characters to bring at least decent gear AND friends along. Sea: Patrol Dragonroar" (from Seal: Frozen River) would read: "Sea: Patrol Dragonroar; level 105 tough Boss", and would be an example of this.
  • eirghan
    edited January 2017
    @orangeitis that might be a difficult judgement for me to make to be honest. Title quests werent released until after my character was level 100 and mostly i dont do it on alts unless ive already commited to rb2-ing them amd getting them decent gear.

I have noted about the possibility of dragonroar needing help... I will think about how i can do this. Unfortunately to guage personally which boss needs decent gear for a toon of the same level/needs toons above the level i think i would need a character of every level with a variety of gear to judge it and thats just something i dont have :confused:

I could probably add in levels of each monster and note if they are a boss or simple questing mob and judge by how tightly packed they are if it might need good gear or help (like dragonroar or the mobs for the first title quest in harshlands)
  • riverwillow
    riverwillow Posts: 45 Arc User
    Tried several times to get the Pureheart title. I read this guide, did every thing it said to do, and nothing. Is there a trick or twist to it?
  • eirghan
    Tried several times to get the Pureheart title. I read this guide, did every thing it said to do, and nothing. Is there a trick or twist to it?

Hi @riverwillow yes this one is challenging. To start I would relog to character screen and log back in just in case thats the issue.

Go to (577,628) and go all the way under the water, touching the ground, and even try holding down the "z" button to make sure youre constantly swimming down against the ground. Just wait for a minute. I did this one recently and I actually just left my character AFK there touching the ground while I did some dailies and came back and the title quest "scroll" finally popped up for me. I dont know why this one takes so long :(

Hopefully thats the part youre having trouble with and it helps!​​
  • eirghan
    Have been making small changes and updating coordinates the last week or so as I have been completing all title quests on an alt character. I've now updated the google docs to reflect changes thus far and also made a few anal updates to correct a few formatting inconsistencies (periods, spaces, and a spelling mistake). ​​
  • riverwillow
    Actually, I get the quest pop up quite easily. I do everything the guide says to do, in the order it says to do it. But at the end, I'm sitting there, meditating...sitting.....sitting.....nothing happens. No title. Not sure what to do, I really want this title.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Are you pressing the icon that pops up rather than clicking on meditation from ur skillbar/action list
  • riverwillow
    I don't get an icon pop up. I use the action list for all of the actions.
  • shopcheese
    edited January 2017
    Have ur quest tracker open and go to the title option (or whatever its called? Last option! Not ingame atm) and go to the coords. U shud get pop up easily for the icons
  • eirghan

I don't get an icon pop up. I use the action list for all of the actions.
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Have ur quest tracker open and go to the title option (or whatever its called? Last option! Not ingame atm) and go to the coords. U shud get pop up easily for the icons

I've had an issue getting them to pop too, but using the actions completed the quests for me even direct from the actions menu. The only thing I can think is to ensure that you are using the autopath option that @shopcheese mentioned from your screen, not being at the right location could cause the problem.
  • shopcheese
    edited January 2017
    If theres problems with the actual pop ups it most likely due to server error. If you log in with 0 ping but waits till you can move around again, ull find urself unable to get auto quests/pop ups (roll call dont trigger, you wont have ur flowsilver quest pop up when enter the instance, etc etc)
    Just enable v-sync to avoid getting server errors for the future.
  • riverwillow
    edited January 2017
    Ok, we got off track here. I get the quest pop up. I don't get any icon popup, I just use the actions, and you all just said that is fine. Oh, and I copied the coords on the list here, and set up for autopath in the coords assistant, so I do believe I am getting to the right places, unless your info is wrong. The issue is, why doesn't the quest finish? Why don't I get the title? I do everything right.
  • eirghan
    @riverwillow okay im trying to help you. Please keep in mind i didnt make these title quests or even the whole guide. I just donate my time to helping the community gather the data and try to help from the experience of having done all of the titles a few times.

Unfortunately youre the first person who has had this issue thats posted and youre kind of giving only part of the info. You first day the quest doesnt work, now you say the steps that ask for actions dont work. So my tips are only based off of guessing what the problem is which is frustrsting for both of us. Could you offer more specific info?

A) did you follow the troubleshooting guide i posted which asks if you logged out and in, are on the ground, walked around a bit from the initial quest area to get it to pop?

B) which specific step are you on?

C) if you are on one of the later steps, did the previous steps show a pop up for you, or is it only this one? (i would assume you havent gotten it any time but i thought id ask)
  • riverwillow
    edited January 2017
    Ok, I see what you are saying. I only ever get the first pop up, that tells me I've taken the challenge for the quest. I then proceed to go to each of the coords posted here, no pop up icon or anything, but I do the action from the action list. At the end, I meditate at the last coord. and nothing happens. I guess I could try again, now, and see if I get any action pop ups, or any kind of quest info change. I hope this makes it clearer.

EDIT: Ok, I paid a bit more attentiont this time. After getting the quest pop up at the bottom of the pool, I then proceeded to the next set of coords as posted here, 521 665, and no action pop up. I waited a full minute. I then did the action (dance), and auto'd to the next place, 541 618 where I am supposed to think, but lo and behold, the dance icon popped up!! So, now I'm wondering if the coords listed here are not mixed up somehow?? Maybe that's the problem?

Here is what I'm following: (from the front page of this post)

5.   [Pureheart](+2 phy-att) Go to: (577,628) - wait one minute. This one can be tricky to get the quest to pop. Make sure you are all the way to the ground under water and wait. Next, go to (521,665) and dance. Go to (541,618) and think. Go to (586,620) and blow a kiss. Go to (585,669) and meditate./b]
    Post edited by riverwillow on
  • eirghan
    Ok, I see what you are saying. I only ever get the first pop up, that tells me I've taken the challenge for the quest. I then proceed to go to each of the coords posted here, no pop up icon or anything, but I do the action from the action list. At the end, I meditate at the last coord. and nothing happens. I guess I could try again, now, and see if I get any action pop ups, or any kind of quest info change. I hope this makes it clearer.

Yep that makes perfect sense. So its the last step that isn't working for you.

I made a video guide on it real quick just to make sure you're doing the same steps. Important part is clicking on screen to the autopath to make sure its working like @shopcheese said. I've checked all the coordinates in the guide again through doing this and they match exactly with what is given on the screen.

The last troubleshooting step I can think of is open your character titles and make sure it didn't give it to you already on one of the other times you tried to do it. I know I've earned one but didn't get the flashy animation because I had my effects turned off for a TW. You *might* already have it.

Unfortunately if thats not working and youre at (585,669), and you meditate like in the video and you still dont have the title that might be something beyond me :( You might have to contact PWI support and ask their help because that would be a bug, I cant think of any other reason why you wouldn't get it :(
  • thuglady
    thuglady Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Hi all. I have a question. Is there no way to make the seal in the inventory dissapear? I completed some of them but the seal its still there and its annoying because it occupies space. Thanks

Update: Sorry if this was a stupid question but I read the whole thread before asking. I found somewhere that you can sell them to NPC to get rid of them.
    Post edited by thuglady on
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    thuglady wrote: »
    Hi all. I have a question. Is there no way to make the seal in the inventory dissapear? I completed some of them but the seal its still there and its annoying because it occupies space. Thanks

Update: Sorry if this was a stupid question but I read the whole thread before asking. I found somewhere that you can sell them to NPC to get rid of them.

Just NPC them.
  • ramjot
    ramjot Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Hang around the top of the tower (434,744,23.5)
    (ix) Found at 455,753,19
    Post edited by ramjot on
  • eirghan
    @ramjot is this a proposed change to a step or a new title?
  • axelsbm
    axelsbm Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can we get this re-stickied now that the old forum it was in is gone? It took me a while to find the thread today since I was expecting it to be stickied and search was less than helpful.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    axelsbm wrote: »
    Can we get this re-stickied now that the old forum it was in is gone? It took me a while to find the thread today since I was expecting it to be stickied and search was less than helpful.
    I'm just a wee bit confused here. This thread is a sticky already.
  • eirghan
    edited April 2017
    @phantomforce#4598 I think the confusion is instead of being under PWI>Quest Tips we're now under PWI>Archosaur City>Dungeons & Tactics. Of which Archosaur City also has it's own respective stickied threads. @axelsbm Hope that clears it up and good job on finding it! But if any time you want a click link you can search for me and the link is always in my signature. Vanilla Forums also has a favourite option, if you click the "star" thats in the top right corner. Hope that helps :)

Edit: speaking of which... Did we lose our signatures or is it just Chrome that's making it so they aren't appearing?

Edit Edit. Hmm. Interesting. Chrome doesnt like signatures.
  • shopcheese
    Archosaur City section? I would never have found out. I were also unable to find this thread after some forum changes lol.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    @phantomforce#4598 I think the confusion is instead of being under PWI>Quest Tips we're now under PWI>Archosaur City>Dungeons & Tactics. Of which Archosaur City also has it's own respective stickied threads. @axelsbm Hope that clears it up and good job on finding it! But if any time you want a click link you can search for me and the link is always in my signature. Vanilla Forums also has a favourite option, if you click the "star" thats in the top right corner. Hope that helps :)

Edit: speaking of which... Did we lose our signatures or is it just Chrome that's making it so they aren't appearing?

Edit Edit. Hmm. Interesting. Chrome doesnt like signatures.
    I may look at moving some stuff around then, or poke SylenThunder on it.​​
  • shopcheese
    edited April 2017
    Just some renames from this patch
    Mulberry's Aid is now called Green Wood Song
    Best in Class and Best in Show are now both called Win the Kennel Club Pet Show. (including the dot)
    The colors remain

Theres new titles as well, not sure yet whenever we are able to get them or not (im not that fast at getting them! lol), but title like "Twilight Dawn" says it require to finish new instance in judgement mode.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Noticed I could get a new event title, Rednosed Reindeer (colour of title is red, I'm a forums noob). I don't think it was available pre-expansion but couldn't see it on your list. You can pick up the quest at PW Promotions Agent and receive the title by obtaining 5 Snowman Pasters. Not sure if it has an expiry date since I can't seem to find that info in the new titles interface.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com