xTW reset

dingo488
dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
The xTW map ''reset'', it went exactly like last time. Points to 0, lands didn't reset.

Personally I don't mind, we saw it happen last time, learned from it, and prepared for it. But I know some other factions haven't really been paying attention, or are incapable of observing and adapting so it's probably something worth opening a discussion about since we won't all be starting this xTW season on even ground due to some factions poorly preparing for this to happen...

Just a quick question to @kalystconquerer#0876 : Was this the intended method of resetting? (give factions time to prepare lands and then reset points before opening the season) Or did something go wrong again?

Comments

• maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    Pre-season xTW maps are back back back again. B)

Blt274D.png
    hUUz8Sd.png

@kalystconquerer#0876 please.... not again. :'(
  • dingo488
    Shudda seen it coming ;)
  • sandeep
    sandeep Posts: 9 Arc User
    not really poor planning for some faction. they cant help with factions they attack or get attacked by. If your not in a faction that is in the top 4 or so, not much "planning" you can do because you dont have the people to fight all the battles. Personally, my faction can field around 40-50 at times but going against the top 4-5 factions only comes with 1 outcome. Even when we only had 2 lands, the week after we would have 2 defends and 1 attack. so its not "planning" its all luck.
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    Not suprised
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    The "planning" is in joining the biggest guild on your server.

After that it's easy.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    It's funny.. xTW season Officially ended Back on December... But they didnt wipe out the map + ranking cause it was holidays... Then chinesse holidays, then too bussy with the upcoming update... During all this time ppl made threads, and asked @kalystconquerer#0876 multiple qustions about xTW reset issues we have had before.

patupapa wrote: »
    So, Dragon Conquest / xTW season ended on december, even the reward was mailed on the last week of December.
    What happened with reset? It's been more than a month already.

@kalystconquerer#0876 @orinj

Hello!

As far as I'm aware, everything associated with xTW/DC should be wiped (points, map etc.) as it creates some weird ranking discrepancies otherwise. This is why reset did not occur right away as we want to ensure that, should any issues occur, we do not have to wait until after they come back for a fix. Unless we get told otherwise, this is my understanding of how it works. We'll be sending reminder emails to CN as the date approaches.

Hope this helps!
    @patupapa CN has just came back from their vacation as of this week due to the Lunar New Year and it wouldn't have been a good idea to do a reset then have something go wrong and not be able to fix it. We also have to let CN know ahead of time that were are resetting everything, since that takes a few extra minutes during a maintenance. That's one of the reasons why there hasn't been a reset.

The second reason is to make sure that players know what's going to be at stake for the next seasons' prizing and I have to make sure the prizing changes I'm suggesting are approved by the proper channels. I doubt there will be much issue, but it's the process that need to be followed so that everyone is on the same page. Once that is finalized, we'll be doing our big announcements!

Hope this helps!
    @patupapa CN has just came back from their vacation as of this week due to the Lunar New Year and it wouldn't have been a good idea to do a reset then have something go wrong and not be able to fix it. We also have to let CN know ahead of time that were are resetting everything, since that takes a few extra minutes during a maintenance. That's one of the reasons why there hasn't been a reset.

The second reason is to make sure that players know what's going to be at stake for the next seasons' prizing and I have to make sure the prizing changes I'm suggesting are approved by the proper channels. I doubt there will be much issue, but it's the process that need to be followed so that everyone is on the same page. Once that is finalized, we'll be doing our big announcements!

Hope this helps!

And yet, they managed to do a poor job again... Starting another xTW season in such... terrible conditions? disventage for many factions? Good job PWI... Good job

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Last time they did this.

I believe it was attempted a few times. In the end they shut xtw for 2 weeks for the tw reset. Something a problem I was aware of when I done the plan idea.

Time will tell...
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @ballenato As you can see from one of the posts you quoted me from, this was my understanding that everything should be wiped. Everything was showing empty during maintenance and even showing nothing when I constantly checked live day after day - all the way up until today.

General : The question now becomes is there a server side setting that's not being set as well that's causing the map to constantly auto populate or do lands "always come back" or anyone who held them previously? If that was the intended design, there's nowhere in our documentation that would've suggested this outside of player observations, even after multiple wipes. I'll ask them what is the intended design of DC and if previous land holders are supposed to end up getting lands populating as they were after a reset. If it's by design, then that means factions have to work on getting on the maps before resets (which is an odd mechanic), but if it's not...

I'll check my screen shots from the last season and hopefully the points aren't coming back in full force over the weekend either on top of gaining points from this weeks "holdings". If someone from the top ranking factions could post a SS of the rankings after this weekend that would be awesome, since when I bring this up they might want to know more information.
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    Regardless of how the map starts, the end results should be the same. There are 3 top factions. I'm pretty sure we all knew that the map wouldn't reset, seeing as we have eyes and brains and the map didn't reset in the past. I think dingo was referring to Crisis and Karma not preparing for map to not be reset. I don't think crisis cares, they've used the same strategy for a while and preparing wouldn't affect that. Karma did try to prepare, but they just aren't good enough and their luck finally ran out.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Great... 1 year after the instance has been released....

PW still doesnt know if the instance is supposed to work that way, or if there is something wrong with it...

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Well if map was reset, how will first few weeks of war work? we randomly fight faction vs faction for a land?

I think if season is long enough, starting the server with map already filled

1. Gives stronger factions enough time to gain a lead

2. Have more wars and more fun wars at start of season.

For example after 1 week any faction could lose a lot of their lands if they are not strong enough to hold them. So all in all i think leaving map populated isn't a horrible tragedy.
    m5arXCN.png
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Regardless of how the map starts, the end results should be the same. There are 3 top factions. I'm pretty sure we all knew that the map wouldn't reset, seeing as we have eyes and brains and the map didn't reset in the past. I think dingo was referring to Crisis and Karma not preparing for map to not be reset. I don't think crisis cares, they've used the same strategy for a while and preparing wouldn't affect that. Karma did try to prepare, but they just aren't good enough and their luck finally ran out.

Karma was prepared, afterall, all they go on about is they focus only on xTW.. problem is they just aren't as good as the other top factions ie Crysis, Tempest, Origin etc. They forgot to bid one week too on a tier 3 and they tried to cry about it being a glitch (no other faction on all server had any bid problem that week).
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    I expect PWE to try to reset xTW again next week to fix this 'issue' before letting it go like this so that would give us aprox 2-4 weeks ( depending how many times they try to reset ) before the actual season start xD
  • ricki91
    ricki91 Posts: 2 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer : Sit it wont take that much effort on developer's part in PWI, if they exist, to wipe off XTW map and current holdings. It makes no sense if current factions keep holding a definite sum of lands and start getting points from them while other factions work from scratch. Because even after assurances made by someone as important as you, if XTW reset doesnt work properly after year + of time since its launch, which probably is most important gathering of people playing for a common goal in this mmo, then god knows what future PWI has left.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @ballenato As you can see from one of the posts you quoted me from, this was my understanding that everything should be wiped. Everything was showing empty during maintenance and even showing nothing when I constantly checked live day after day - all the way up until today.

General : The question now becomes is there a server side setting that's not being set as well that's causing the map to constantly auto populate or do lands "always come back" or anyone who held them previously? If that was the intended design, there's nowhere in our documentation that would've suggested this outside of player observations, even after multiple wipes. I'll ask them what is the intended design of DC and if previous land holders are supposed to end up getting lands populating as they were after a reset. If it's by design, then that means factions have to work on getting on the maps before resets (which is an odd mechanic), but if it's not...

I'll check my screen shots from the last season and hopefully the points aren't coming back in full force over the weekend either on top of gaining points from this weeks "holdings". If someone from the top ranking factions could post a SS of the rankings after this weekend that would be awesome, since when I bring this up they might want to know more information.

We definitly need a full reset. Loads of people didnt bother with xTW anymore and some factions have a massive, unfair advantage now since they keep all the lands. Please either fix this asap or postpone the start of the new season.
  • berrynl
    berrynl Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    While it is clear something went wrong and this isn't how a reset would happen properly I don't think many people can say it is ever a clean transition when these matters are concerned. If it carries on as such, you have 6 months to beat the competition. Even with the RNG fest that DC can be, that should be sufficient time to gain ground and prove your superiority in brute strength (or as some want to call it; skill) and tactical decisions.

If PWI can manage to reset it properly, all the better, but if they can't, just deal with it from here. Plenty of time to go, don't slip up, adjust strategy and see where it gets you.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »

Karma was prepared, afterall, all they go on about is they focus only on xTW.. problem is they just aren't as good as the other top factions ie Crysis, Tempest, Origin etc. They forgot to bid one week too on a tier 3 and they tried to cry about it being a glitch (no other faction on all server had any bid problem that week).

Could you stop obsessing over Karma for one moment? Cause this bs is getting ridiculous. It was well documented we bid on week in question, just because others werent affected doesnt mean we didnt bid. The bidding of xTW is glitchy as hell, every single leader of xTW guild knows that. Then again you wouldnt matter enough in your guild to know these things so what would you know.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • sin20
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    So faction thats 1st atm on rankings has 70 points , great way to start a week for them XD
    Is the season just gonna continue like this or can we expect another reset attempt next week ?
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    They will get another 70pts next week. Is it fair? How to catch them now? Why Chinese and Russian servers don't have problems with xtw map resetting? It's not serious.
  • rikkert91
    rikkert91 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    sin20 wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    So faction thats 1st atm on rankings has 70 points , great way to start a week for them XD
    Is the season just gonna continue like this or can we expect another reset attempt next week ?

Every contender has gotten at least 50 points...
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    parrot2010 wrote: »
    They will get another 70pts next week. Is it fair? How to catch them now? Why Chinese and Russian servers don't have problems with xtw map resetting? It's not serious.

you sure it's working fine for other servers ? because if that's true then i think it's PWE issue it's not how the Xtw was designed

n7GKk9Z.png
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    Could you stop obsessing over Karma for one moment? Cause this bs is getting ridiculous. It was well documented we bid on week in question, just because others werent affected doesnt mean we didnt bid. The bidding of xTW is glitchy as hell, every single leader of xTW guild knows that. Then again you wouldnt matter enough in your guild to know these things so what would you know.

Obsessing over me much Sami? In a discussion with someone and once again, just like in server chat, you feel a need to be involved. Showing everyone your need for attention is only re-enforcing what everyone thinks of you.. Should stop putting yourself into other people conversations. If you need attention that much, buy a dog.

Back to topic at hand, Kalyst did say that after the maint it showed all lands empty which is was, and that all rankings had reset. I think that happened last xTW reset too where it was blank for a day but then the following, it had filled again to the same as the previous week.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited March 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Im not in any TW faction on this toon. Hope this helps.
    XTWmap.JPG
    XTWRank.JPG

I remember they had problems with this before as well.

I believe they reset the score and expecting the rest to stay blank however it reverted. It was then said that they will be clearing the map in 2 weeks after TW reset was completed which was done but the points where not reset. One time they also reset the TW map but disabled XTW for 2 weeks to make the XTW map requirement. I cant remember if their where any problems. However im sure that something happened.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    saxroll wrote: »

Obsessing over me much Sami? In a discussion with someone and once again, just like in server chat, you feel a need to be involved. Showing everyone your need for attention is only re-enforcing what everyone thinks of you.. Should stop putting yourself into other people conversations. If you need attention that much, buy a dog.

Back to topic at hand, Kalyst did say that after the maint it showed all lands empty which is was, and that all rankings had reset. I think that happened last xTW reset too where it was blank for a day but then the following, it had filled again to the same as the previous week.

Cause you didnt bring Karmas "missed bid" into discussion, when it has zero to do with the discussion itself? I am pretty sure I said to stop obsessing over Karma, which I thought was the opposite of wanting attention from you. Then again your "logic" has always been pretty special.

We all know the map was "reset" but the question is why it keeps reverting to old map. My guess there is some dummy switch they forget to check when resetting maps which is why it reverts back to how it was.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    http://i.imgur.com/buXII8j.jpg
    Zulus XTws, i love this reset :)
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    Season has begun, be happy the points reset. Claiming that the map and points should be reset is just ignorance, since that has never happened in the past, maybe in the future we all need to open our eyes. Lots of time in season, the top factions will be in the top regardless of start, good luck to all.
  • dingo488
    Not only didnt it happen in the past, but the factions that had a lot of lands when the season started literally worked for it. Its not like they magically got more lands based on their placement last season, just look at Crisis, they didnt wanna work for it, so they didnt get it.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I haven't gotten any word back from CN regarding this, which is why I haven't posted all day on this thread, so I'll ask them during maintenance tomorrow and/or hopefully I will get a solid answer to this via email before maintenance.

I know these events are very important (especially since now that the prizing has been upped for the top factions, so fair rankings is a huge priority) so I'll come back when I have solid information! In the meantime, please try to be respectful to each other!
  • sin20
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Not only didnt it happen in the past, but the factions that had a lot of lands when the season started literally worked for it. Its not like they magically got more lands based on their placement last season, just look at Crisis, they didnt wanna work for it, so they didnt get it.

Worked for it or just took advantage of incompetence of the ppl that do the reset?
    Didnt we establish that the reset is happening properly in china (there were even a few ss of it) but anyway its fine like last season few extra points wont help anything , top factions will still be on top.