Important Maintenance Announcement for 2/28/2017

Comments

• coldasice#9596
    coldasice#9596 Posts: 9 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer

thanks for the updates :) your devotion is much appreciated B)
  • storm#4377
    storm#4377 Posts: 25 Arc User
    I would have to agree with asterelle's comment. This was quite a large reaction to such a small issue. I don't think the game would have been effected very much if you would have left it running 4 additional hours until the normal maintenance time. Sure a few people may have got a bit richer from buying and reselling the violet razor, but the value of the item would have dropped significantly after several have been sold. So they wouldn't have got that rich. Not to mention the value of the item right now is kind of low with all the wishful wing tokens on the market. I seen people selling those under 20m now. And I am sure over time the violet razor's street value would have recovered. So ya, huge reaction to a small issue.
  • blankfanclub
    blankfanclub Posts: 53 Arc User
    A x2 drop as compensation won't even be enough to make up for this. Better make it x3, kaly! :D
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @mystuffies the Cash Shop is universal across all servers - once Tideswell clocked over they would have seen the same price and then finally West Coast. This can't be simply addressed as "pull down one server, fix it, then put it back up" as data goes across all. Dawnglory saw it earlier because sales are set at 1:00 AM PST to fire off. Any changes we do to the Cash Shop requires a patch - and patches have to be not just for EN but for our other clients as well (French and German).

If we leave it until regular maintenance, we would then be the issue of "well how come Dawnglory and Tideswell got to benefit from a lower price, I want my money back because I overpaid!" Not to mention the implications of knowing this was an issue and not saying anything to our CN offices? That would definitely not go over well, for multiple reasons.

And the last time we had anything that bad was... well, I'm sure you can search around and easily find what item that was because it caused a huge storm. I'm grateful it wasn't something of that magnitude, or we'd have a larger mess on our hands.

Checking Patch now! Will be absent from thread while we check.
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @kalystconquerer While I have a GM handy...what about those raffle tickets? Should we keep them or can we NPC them now? And who won and what did they get? Just wondering. lol And since space in my bad is a issue always I would love to get that space back if those tickets are no longer needed? >.<
    Well I'll check back later going back to EoS. Laterz.

Almost forgot! I wanted to point something out to you GMs, I have lots and I do mean seven 100+ rb toons on ONE account yet when you give us codes we can only give ONE toon the code so with this mess up only one of my toons will get anything for missing out on dailies, check-ins, bhs ect. What about all my other toons? And YES I do play them all. Check the logs if you don't believe me! So yeah what about that? Think you could maybe conpensate them all since all of them will be affected in some way? =/
  • razikiel
    razikiel Posts: 25 Arc User
    Some people really take this way too seriously. I was doing FSP bh on 2 toons when server shut down right before we could go to mushi, so what? Am I gonna set a bomb at pwi's office and ask they gimme my 40 fsp coins i lost and 2 excitement cards as compensation for bh reward? Jeez ..really. kalystconquerer is doing all she can to keep you guys informed of the situation and answering your questions the best she can, and some of you still complain and criticize her. I cant believe people sometimes. After reading some post, I think I just lost faith in humanity.. lol
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    Now let me try to understand this !! so PWI messed up on new sale ? which only apply on DG server !!?
    so to fix the issue they shutdown all the servers??

1- what about these guys who missed doing their minions.
    2- what about missing the last minuet of buying items from Boutique to get the spend promo ?
    3- what about those who missed doing their dailies.
    4- what about those who couldn't get a perfect attendance ?
    5- what about those who couldn't collect their rewards from the monthly attendance?
    6- what about those guys who missed the events?
    7- what about those who didnt get to harvest

seriously you better make a GOOD compensation...... and extend the sale..

HINT HINT
    5X on everything :)
    2 good codes :)
    Charge promo :)
    Free rank 9 Gears :)
    NP chest for everyone :)

jk jk :P but yea you better make us happy...

and btw you guys take dinner when we all here QQing ? bad kaly AT LEAST SHARE
  • seviper
    seviper Posts: 5 Arc User
    Oh, c'mon... I just lost my dailys, and the whole montly rewards on all my alts... -_-
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Can we at least get an extra day extension on the sales that were to end tonight? I had 200 gold I was about to spend.
  • skullz818
    skullz818 Posts: 11 Arc User
    pwicat22 wrote: »
    I don't think anything will make up for this short of a Neuma Portal Avatar Chest

Yes please so that I can RB my NP cards.
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    @hiitsmeguys We still have to acknowledge the fact that this impacted people's play time particularly for our EU servers. We can not compensate to the "T" every person's unique situations regarding whatever dailies or consumables were used before the shutdown, but we can do wide sweeping effects like turning on bonus events.

I have to think that the only server actually affected by this will be Tideswell. For those of us on the Dawnglory server, nothing was lost since it was already March 1st for our server when things went down. In fact having maintenance earlier on DA is beneficial, seeing as the server will be more active later, during the regular time of maintenance than it would now. So for EU server, nothing lost. For the West coast servers, the patch and maintenance will likely be over well before it's reset for them, allowing plenty of time to finish any leftover minion battles, do dailies and click check in.
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Dont boutique items update without the servers going down? Did they really shut down all the servers just so people wouldnt buy the boutiue item, till all the servers sync up with the proper price and decide to start maint early as an excuse?

As for the "compensation event" .. is that going to be the same time as when the servers went down or at the usual time events are that 50% of the playerbase is going to miss?
  • mystuffies
    mystuffies Posts: 31 Arc User
    @mystuffies the Cash Shop is universal across all servers - once Tideswell clocked over they would have seen the same price and then finally West Coast. This can't be simply addressed as "pull down one server, fix it, then put it back up" as data goes across all. Dawnglory saw it earlier because sales are set at 1:00 AM PST to fire off. Any changes we do to the Cash Shop requires a patch - and patches have to be not just for EN but for our other clients as well (French and German).

If we leave it until regular maintenance, we would then be the issue of "well how come Dawnglory and Tideswell got to benefit from a lower price, I want my money back because I overpaid!" Not to mention the implications of knowing this was an issue and not saying anything to our CN offices? That would definitely not go over well, for multiple reasons.

And the last time we had anything that bad was... well, I'm sure you can search around and easily find what item that was because it caused a huge storm. I'm grateful it wasn't something of that magnitude, or we'd have a larger mess on our hands.

My point was that it's not a significant mistake, no one cares about a flyer that has very low value to begin with. If anything making it be 50 silver actually generated PWI some money since if you can't tell by the feedback on this thread no one was going to buy that for 50g. ><

Sorry to break it down to you but the issue you're gonna have now fixing players attendance (not to mention the flow of tickets for CS) is far worse than anyone complaining about a flyer.

As Asterelle said, this was a clear mistake.

**Slight note: I don't mean this to be directed towards kalyst, but instead towards the pwi management. As I said before it's truly disappointing how you run this game.**

• sensualsoul
    @hiitsmeguys We still have to acknowledge the fact that this impacted people's play time particularly for our EU servers. We can not compensate to the "T" every person's unique situations regarding whatever dailies or consumables were used before the shutdown, but we can do wide sweeping effects like turning on bonus events.

I have to think that the only server actually affected by this will be Tideswell. For those of us on the Dawnglory server, nothing was lost since it was already March 1st for our server when things went down. In fact having maintenance earlier on DA is beneficial, seeing as the server will be more active later, during the regular time of maintenance than it would now. So for EU server, nothing lost. For the West coast servers, the patch and maintenance will likely be over well before it's reset for them, allowing plenty of time to finish any leftover minion battles, do dailies and click check in.

Tideswell/ East Coast Server always seems to get poo'ed on. We feel like the red headed stepchild...no love for us just get spit on and forgotten. Q_Q
  • wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    As a result, we will be starting maintenance early tonight at 6:30 PM PST

I think posting 1 min after the maintenance started and using "we will" is what bothers me most.

As if no one realised the announcement was made wayyyy too late.

Lets be realistic, the early maintenance is not the problem, the lack of communication was.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @sensualsoul Actually I finished all that data today! I'll be having the announcements posted hopefully before the end of this week! Once the announcements go live, prizes will be disbursed and the Grand Prize winner will have a ticket opened so that they can tell us which card they want!

@arcangel786 But... but my dinner went half cold while I was answering questions. You can have it I guess? D: But it needs to be warmed up first. I'm actually eating it at my desk. I always get dinner around 6-7 PM before normal maintenance time. Like I said we do have March coming up here in a few hours and I definitely haven't made the new code out yet. Man if I had a dollar for every time someone asked for free Neuma Portal Chest or Free Orbs...heh.

EN patch has been checked just waiting on the other two versions to come to us.
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    @sensualsoul Actually I finished all that data today! I'll be having the announcements posted hopefully before the end of this week! Once the announcements go live, prizes will be disbursed and the Grand Prize winner will have a ticket opened so that they can tell us which card they want!

@arcangel786 But... but my dinner went half cold while I was answering questions. You can have it I guess? D: But it needs to be warmed up first. I'm actually eating it at my desk. I always get dinner around 6-7 PM before normal maintenance time. Like I said we do have March coming up here in a few hours and I definitely haven't made the new code out yet. Man if I had a dollar for every time someone asked for free Neuma Portal Chest or Free Orbs...heh.

EN patch has been checked just waiting on the other two versions to come to us.

depends on the food.. if its good i will take it even if its cold......:)
    lool i know the feeling everyone in this game want a free NP chest/Card

anyway sooner or later NP will be easier to get i will be waiting for that like i waited for R999 and +11's :)

• klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    Isn't the boutique on it's own server? Turn it off and turn the rest of the maps on until normal maintenance time?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @wildz2 I had to run around to various departments to make sure everything was communicated properly along with the lead so that's why there was a literal one minute delay on it (between the time we had to decide and when we had to start doing the ingame announcements and make sure everyone knew what was happening left me little room to get down and make sure the message was posted). Note to self- Got to be a bit quicker on the clicker finger next time!

@johndoe069 Items will fall on and off sale naturally at their predetermined time. Because sale times are set at one universal time (PST), some items will be on sale "longer" on another server or "ahead of time" (though it's not truly "longer" in the actual sense). So in a way, DG gets to "preview" sales before the rest of the servers get to see them.

@mystuffies Ah, no that's fine! I'm sort of here as the bridge between the players and the company so I understand where the frustration will end up landing (After all, I do play the game when I'm not running around checking in on things).

I'll be giving CS a heads up about this issue when we finish up here tonight so they aren't suddenly bombarded out of nowhere.
  • sensualsoul
    edited March 2017
    @kalystconquerer So does that mean I can NPC them tickets? Not clear on that.

And you ignored my rant about having lots of toons on one account that don't get compentsated when stuff like this happens. Trust me I regret putting them all on one account but I saw the thread the GM made that said we can only have 2 accounts so thought I was doing the right (But not smart it seems) thing by leveling all the toons on one account. So I didn't get to check in on all of them and still need to finish dailies on a few and stuff. Would have gotten it done if you guys didn't do this maint. Well, will you compensate them all or just one again. (Yeah I'm wining a bit, so what! I worked hard to level them all.) *throw tantrum* ;)
  • storm#4377
    storm#4377 Posts: 25 Arc User
    I would say the worst part about this is...

I get home from work, grab something to eat, take my daily nap, I wake up, make a super strong cup of coffee, sit down at my desk, log in, slug down my coffee, and I start seeing server will reboot messages.

Now I am completely wired and wide awake and the game is down. Had I known this would have happened, I would not have drank the coffee. I chewed off my last fingernail and I think I broke my mouse from refreshing this page so many times.
  • kitten1970
    kitten1970 Posts: 8 Arc User

Tideswell/ East Coast Server always seems to get poo'ed on. We feel like the red headed stepchild...no love for us just get spit on and forgotten. Q_Q

As a red headed stepchild I feel doubly offended...first for the early maintainance, and then again for this comment :p
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    mystuffies wrote: »

My point was that it's not a significant mistake, no one cares about a flyer that has very low value to begin with. If anything making it be 50 silver actually generated PWI some money since if you can't tell by the feedback on this thread no one was going to buy that for 50g. ><

Sorry to break it down to you but the issue you're gonna have now fixing players attendance (not to mention the flow of tickets for CS) is far worse than anyone complaining about a flyer.

As Asterelle said, this was a clear mistake.

**Slight note: I don't mean this to be directed towards kalyst, but instead towards the pwi management. As I said before it's truly disappointing how you run this game.**

So you wouldn't have any issues with the people that bought like 20 of these flyers with the intention of selling them to other players for a profit? As well as pissing China off to the point where they clamp down on further codes/giveaways etc?

If isn't quite on par with past dragon orb issues, but I do agree it was bad timing for this to occur at the end of the month. Hopefully the codes will compensate with some useful items.

• sensualsoul
    edited March 2017
    kitten1970 wrote: »

As a red headed stepchild I feel doubly offended...first for the early maintainance, and then again for this comment :p

Oops! :* Sorry to all the red heads, I think you are all smexy. But you know it's just a turn of phrase...right? >.<

• serenityrose80
    serenityrose80 Posts: 17 Arc User
    not cool! i needed the last few hours to use the rest of my battle time for minions!! wow, for a mount was it really worth all the choas???
  • roumenthetyrant#4213
    roumenthetyrant#4213 Posts: 5 Arc User
    aensidhe wrote: »
    So we are out all our bh, fsp, dailies and other stuff for the 28th...how do you think you can compensate us for that? I mean you can't give us back all the stuff we've lost can you? I was in the middle of doing a bunch of stuff on 2 toons and still had to do check-ins on those accounts, now I can't and it will show me having missed a day when I didn't. Can you fix that and give me my A-chest from today's check in? And the dailies, I was working on leveling my Twighlight Sky, how you going to give me back my Vita I would of gotten? I'm not too happy with you guys. I mean couldn't you just have taken down the Cash shop not the whole freaking game?

You legitimately need rehab. Please seek help if early maintenance is stressing you out this much. I will not be replying to any replies from you on this post. I just wanted to let you, and anyone else who is seriously stressed about the things you've lost, that as unfortunate as it is, you're playing a video game. You're already wasting your time, so am I.

I would've completed my JoJ quests and finally got my last piece of TT99, but now, because of early maintenance, I won't. Know what I'ma do? I'ma go find a show I haven't seen on netflix, and crack open a can of knock-off brand soda. I suggest you do the same.

The fact that PWI is offering any compensation is a courtesy that they never even had to offer, but were kinda enough to consider to rectify their mistakes.

Any updates on the length of the maintenance would be appreciated. Thank you, and off to watch a show I go.

These "It's a video game" excuses are pretty lame. Everyone spends time and money doing something, whether it be shopping, clubbing, working or going to a movie. Hey, let's do an emergency maintenance on a theater and kick everyone out, but it's "just a movie". It's "just life". Unless you are dead or dreaming, it's all life.

Totally different scenario. And that situation happens too. My point is, if half way through a movie, the projector malfunctions, and you throw a fit, what does it solve? No need to rage. Just sit the hell back and wait for a solution from someone who actually knows what they're talking about, after all, it's just a movie.

Also 2 episodes into Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Gotta say, idk what to think yet. Definitely low production cost to start with, but I mean, it did last 7 seasons apparently, so it's gotta get some funding eventually. Instead of raging, go watch a few episodes and tell me whatcha think. I'ma head to sleep, but when i wake up, I promise to check for your feedback, on Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

P.S. Try a summit cola while you watch as well. Total Knock-off of RC Cola. It's like a Knock-off Knock-off, it'll blow yer mind.
    RoumenOfIsya lvl 101/101/102 RB2 HA Wizard
  • serenityrose80
    wildz2 wrote: »
    As a result, we will be starting maintenance early tonight at 6:30 PM PST

I think posting 1 min after the maintenance started and using "we will" is what bothers me most.

As if no one realised the announcement was made wayyyy too late.

Lets be realistic, the early maintenance is not the problem, the lack of communication was.

i so agree!!
  • serenityrose80
    Now let me try to understand this !! so PWI messed up on new sale ? which only apply on DG server !!?
    so to fix the issue they shutdown all the servers??

1- what about these guys who missed doing their minions.
    2- what about missing the last minuet of buying items from Boutique to get the spend promo ?
    3- what about those who missed doing their dailies.
    4- what about those who couldn't get a perfect attendance ?
    5- what about those who couldn't collect their rewards from the monthly attendance?
    6- what about those guys who missed the events?
    7- what about those who didnt get to harvest

seriously you better make a GOOD compensation...... and extend the sale..

SERIOUSLY!!!
  • serenityrose80
    Hello PWI players!

It has unfortunately been brought to our attention that there has been a pricing error with the Violet Razor mount. As a result, we will be starting maintenance early tonight at 6:30 PM PST until the maintenance is completed to correct this error. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. Because of this error, we will be planning out a bonus event shortly as compensation.

We understand that this has a impact on players time and we'll be working to resolve this as soon as possible!

a bonus event?? wow thanks, that will help with the things i needed to do. but an event where we get useless items or have to log on so many times to earn it...no thanks...what i needed was to be able to do the things before maintance. BUT, by all means, **** everything up because an item was priced wrong...wow, reacted so fast when it affects you, where is the speed when something affects the players ( the people that keep you in business)?
  • sinchalla
    sinchalla Posts: 58 Arc User
    ETA on how long left this thing has?