Demon or Sage

Niteshadows - Harshlands
Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Duskblade
Which is a better path for the Duskblade class?
Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Niteshadows - Harshlands on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think both sides have their advantages, really depends on your personal playstyle. I went sage and haven't regretted it, but demon does have some neat stuff too.
  • Epikhai - Sanctuary
    Epikhai - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I went for sage because of these reasons:

-A lot of chi. Moon Chant will give you 1 spark and 20 chi if it procs, and it's pretty nice when that happens. It's great for out of combat to build chi quickly. Some of the other skills costs less chi or generate chi too. And with a bunch of chi, just triple spark people and destroy your opponents.

-30 meter teleport range. you'll always want to have the first hit on your opponent, so having that extra range will help you get there. Most ranged classes have a little less than 30 meters for their attacks. Demon wizards has their 30 meter distance shrink, so you can immediately jump to them when they do that.

-Stronger charge up skills. Dragon Trap and Slash of Pride are the two charge up skills a duskblade has, and they hit pretty hard when you charge them up all the way. The sage versions gives a curse effect for dragon trap (30% increased damage for 5 seconds) and Slash of Pride does 35% more damage if fully charged. Although the demon versions has reduced charge up times, you'll be rewarded by charging up fully with the sage versions. Usually, you would use the Divine Moonlight skill (5 second sleep) to pull off these charge up skills anyways.

-Better defenses. Sage In Silence Dread gives a 5 second stealth + max speed, although it feels much longer than 5 seconds by much testing. This gives you more time to run away, or even catch up to people and you can also do a charge up skill during the stealth time. The duskblade passive gives slightly more ranged damage reduction, and could be more useful than having 1 more crit. The 2 extra seconds of reaper form for sage could save you too, although it's not that much of a difference. Better than having a 5 second cd reduction on a 90 second skill in my opinion.

That's my reasonings for going sage. I was about to go for demon because of the neat crowd control stuff, but i'm glad i went sage. One day i'll convert to demon and try it out, in case i get bored of being sage. Hope this helps!
  • mrmtdew
    mrmtdew Posts: 6 Arc User

I went for sage because of these reasons:

-A lot of chi. Moon Chant will give you 1 spark and 20 chi if it procs, and it's pretty nice when that happens. It's great for out of combat to build chi quickly. Some of the other skills costs less chi or generate chi too. And with a bunch of chi, just triple spark people and destroy your opponents.

-30 meter teleport range. you'll always want to have the first hit on your opponent, so having that extra range will help you get there. Most ranged classes have a little less than 30 meters for their attacks. Demon wizards has their 30 meter distance shrink, so you can immediately jump to them when they do that.

-Stronger charge up skills. Dragon Trap and Slash of Pride are the two charge up skills a duskblade has, and they hit pretty hard when you charge them up all the way. The sage versions gives a curse effect for dragon trap (30% increased damage for 5 seconds) and Slash of Pride does 35% more damage if fully charged. Although the demon versions has reduced charge up times, you'll be rewarded by charging up fully with the sage versions. Usually, you would use the Divine Moonlight skill (5 second sleep) to pull off these charge up skills anyways.

-Better defenses. Sage In Silence Dread gives a 5 second stealth + max speed, although it feels much longer than 5 seconds by much testing. This gives you more time to run away, or even catch up to people and you can also do a charge up skill during the stealth time. The duskblade passive gives slightly more ranged damage reduction, and could be more useful than having 1 more crit. The 2 extra seconds of reaper form for sage could save you too, although it's not that much of a difference. Better than having a 5 second cd reduction on a 90 second skill in my opinion.

That's my reasonings for going sage. I was about to go for demon because of the neat crowd control stuff, but i'm glad i went sage. One day i'll convert to demon and try it out, in case i get bored of being sage. Hope this helps!

there also sage lunar grace which add fire into our attack an perk only sage dusk has giving us an another element we can use. where demon and non sage/demon dusk only have earth from Divine moonlight. also mean perk of demon is 8% more crit rest just cooldonw bonus and channle bonus so in mine thought sage is way better. only thing an demon dusk is good for is aps but demon sins do way better job of that.
    Never Give Up there is always light even in the deepest of darkness
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I always say, look at the bonuses for the skills you use the most, and then figure which has the best returns for how you play.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Where did @asterelle post the sage/demon skills for Duskblades. I looked at this subsection and it's pretty outdated tbh unless I'm going blind.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 81 Arc User
    I prefer demon myself for the longer cc, lots of crit, + the demon spark not giving attack speed I love it, however squads like to argue with you when a demon barb is ruining your crit rate and you tell them to stop using titans....would rather have my 25% crit vs the crappy 5% titans give tyvm
  • nottunyx
    nottunyx Posts: 11 Arc User
    Sage if you are OP enough to oneshot people with DT, otherwise demon