When PK is not OKay...Quest blocking...okay or not?

Options
camoodii
camoodii Posts: 51 Arc User
This topic has been addressed in other instances such at first room in Cube, and in Secret Passage when it was PK enabled, but now it has come up agian. PKing is fun and I have nothing against it at all. That being said however I want to point out that not everyone on Tideswells, which is by the way a PvE, Payer vs. Environment Server, not everyone wants to Pk. Some of us want to just do our quests even if some of us do PK we do still want to finish day quests. In this instance it was a case of pkers blocking people from finishing the This War o Mine quest on the Tideswell server. If you haven't done it this quest has you taking a backpack to a number of NPCs. Well some people in the QQme and Tempest factions decided to PK people that are white named doing this quest. Now again I have nothing against PK and my normal response is "They are white named so they are saying attack me" but this quest does disable skills and your speed putting the player with the backpack at a disadventage. Also I believe the ToS states: " n. take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service." is against the ToS, so yeah... I would say quest blocking or not letting people complete a quest falls under this. However, when I spoke to the parts involved I was told that the "GM would not do anthing since everyone was white names". As I see it white named or not people have a right to finsih their questes. And it seems lame and a crying shame that some PKers feel the need to "pick" on people with limited skill use.
I would love to have a GM comment and give PWI's stances on this please. Thanks you.

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Deliberate quest blocking would be an offense you would need to report.

On the flip side now though, all servers are PvE, so being in PK mode is a choice, not a requirement. So all you have to do in order to be able to complete the quest, is to not be in PK status.

Your argument in this would really only apply on a PvP server, which we no longer have.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • camoodii
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Even though this is a PvE server there are a number quest and instance you HAVE to be white named for, Veno instance for example. So are you saying that being white name means you can be quest blocked and it's okay? Because being white named should not in keep people from being allowed to do noraml dailies. EVERYONE should be allowed to do the normal quest without being blocked by other players from completing them no matter if they are white named or not.
    Post edited by camoodii on
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    If you are constantly being killed trying to do a quest and are effectively questblocked, thats something you want to report.

As for killing ppl in primal in general, it happens on Et from time to time but its generally ppl trying to spark PK. Killing ppl who have no chance of fighting back/getting support is just pointless ego boosting. And if the 2 top faction of the server worked together to block a quest, or least thats the image I got, it has nothing to do with trying to spark PK.Just report those saddie baddies and be done with it, nothing else you can do bout bullies like that
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    I am not in either Tempest or QQme, I play in Tideswell though and here's a bit more to that story.
    It was NOT Tempest and QQme preventing ppl from completing the quest, you got that wrong, if you died by Tempest's hand it was because of unintentional AoE.

So, people in QQme started killing everyone trying to do the quest, Tempest went there to put a stop on it, killing QQme so that people could do the quest. I don't personally like Tempest, but in this case, they were the "heroes". I know several QQme members that are disgusted by what their faction mates were doing because it gives a bad rep to QQme, even more so when QQme's leadership doesn't do anything about it and let's it happen.

In short, I'll have to say, don't drag Tempest into this, I don't like them but they were trying to stop QQme because they were the ones killing people the whole time.

Anywaaaaay, those players have been reported by several people, but since they are the biggest CSers PWE will turn a blind eye like always, so, don't worry much.

Mr. Justice
  • camoodii
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    I am not in either Tempest or QQme, I play in Tideswell though and here's a bit more to that story.
    It was NOT Tempest and QQme preventing ppl from completing the quest, you got that wrong, if you died by Tempest's hand it was because of unintentional AoE.

So, people in QQme started killing everyone trying to do the quest, Tempest went there to put a stop on it, killing QQme so that people could do the quest. I don't personally like Tempest, but in this case, they were the "heroes". I know several QQme members that are disgusted by what their faction mates were doing because it gives a bad rep to QQme, even more so when QQme's leadership doesn't do anything about it and let's it happen.

In short, I'll have to say, don't drag Tempest into this, I don't like them but they were trying to stop QQme because they were the ones killing people the whole time.

Anywaaaaay, those players have been reported by several people, but since they are the biggest CSers PWE will turn a blind eye like always, so, don't worry much.

I stand corrected. :) I only know what I saw and didn't know who started things just that people could not complete thier quests.

• zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »

For a "Mr. Justice", as your siggy states, your are far too uninformed and unjustified on your statements.

This QQme vs Tempest conflict is a long timer. Can't put blame on one or the other. Both sides have random encounters and those trigger PK. Hey, at least is SOME PK. Sure, the location is not the best, but in a world with dead PK it's the only fun some can have so they take advantage of it.

QQme was not "killing everyone" as you so erroneously generalized. It's like saying Dynasty is hiding behind the Tempest for this season while farming smaller guilds in order to get the TW prize at the end. Mere assumptions. Get your facts right. It's a rivalry. QQme did not attack random people.

Reporting white named people is pointless for reasons Sylen has already stated and that we all know of for a long time in PvE servers.

Now as for the "heroes" thing. I saw white named people cross that pk. And there was a LOT of AoE flying there. Even from the heros themselves.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Well I do know that QQme started it since I am in QQme and the 2 people that killed people doing that quest and would not allowed to finish their quest where members of QQme. They admit it in faction chat, so lets not tell lies here. The fact that those people where Tempest aside it was a d'bag move in my option. I mean if you want to PK that's fine but to PK someone that can't fight back normally due to limiting of your skill for a quest? Really is just lame and I'm ashamed it was members of my faction.
  • cinco#9389
    cinco#9389 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Go outside and play basketball xD
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    cinco#9389 wrote: »
    Go outside and play basketball xD
    Your comment is not relevamt to this thread, prehaps you should go outside and play and leave this to people with something worth saying. Thank you.

• cinco#9389
    cinco#9389 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    I thought it was funny...easy boy
  • addo0o0o
    addo0o0o Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Well I do know that QQme started it since I am in QQme and the 2 people that killed people doing that quest and would not allowed to finish their quest where members of QQme. They admit it in faction chat, so lets not tell lies here. The fact that those people where Tempest aside it was a d'bag move in my option. I mean if you want to PK that's fine but to PK someone that can't fight back normally due to limiting of your skill for a quest? Really is just lame and I'm ashamed it was members of my faction.

Hi Tempest troll :*
  • ricki91
    ricki91 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    > @sensualsoul said:
    > Well I do know that QQme started it since I am in QQme and the 2 people that killed people doing that quest and would not allowed to finish their quest where members of QQme. They admit it in faction chat, so lets not tell lies here. The fact that those people where Tempest aside it was a d'bag move in my option. I mean if you want to PK that's fine but to PK someone that can't fight back normally due to limiting of your skill for a quest? Really is just lame and I'm ashamed it was members of my faction.
    >
    >
    I am going to claim I am from tempest and Tempest was killing innocent people doing quests. QQme was hero in saving them. So start making sense and talk in QQme fac chat IF you really are from QQme. It was normal PK between Tempest and QQme. Both factions dont harm other people from other factions doing their quests.
  • dseamon17
    dseamon17 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    zentfamily wrote: »
    "For a "Mr. Justice", as your siggy states, your are far too uninformed and unjustified on your statements.

This QQme vs Tempest conflict is a long timer. Can't put blame on one or the other. Both sides have random encounters and those trigger PK. Hey, at least is SOME PK. Sure, the location is not the best, but in a world with dead PK it's the only fun some can have so they take advantage of it.

QQme was not "killing everyone" as you so erroneously generalized. It's like saying Dynasty is hiding behind the Tempest for this season while farming smaller guilds in order to get the TW prize at the end. Mere assumptions. Get your facts right. It's a rivalry. QQme did not attack random people.

Reporting white named people is pointless for reasons Sylen has already stated and that we all know of for a long time in PvE servers.

Now as for the "heroes" thing. I saw white named people cross that pk. And there was a LOT of AoE flying there. Even from the heros themselves.

This post/reply really does not have any type of meaning nor does it correlate with what camoodii has posted.. The claim that you make about this rivalry that both factions have, does not mean that it's okay for either side to quest block one or the other. You actually admitted in your post that QQme was not killing everyone, but were killing Tempest people which I am sure there had been a few that were doing their quests and got pk'd all because QQme felt like it, which is wrong to do because it is QUEST BLOCKING.​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • dseamon17
    Options
    ricki91 wrote: »
    > @sensualsoul said:
    > Well I do know that QQme started it since I am in QQme and the 2 people that killed people doing that quest and would not allowed to finish their quest where members of QQme. They admit it in faction chat, so lets not tell lies here. The fact that those people where Tempest aside it was a d'bag move in my option. I mean if you want to PK that's fine but to PK someone that can't fight back normally due to limiting of your skill for a quest? Really is just lame and I'm ashamed it was members of my faction.
    >
    >
    I am going to claim I am from tempest and Tempest was killing innocent people doing quests. QQme was hero in saving them. So start making sense and talk in QQme fac chat IF you really are from QQme. It was normal PK between Tempest and QQme. Both factions dont harm other people from other factions doing their quests.

You get the same reply as zent did, it is not okay to pk anyone doing their quests regardless which faction they are in. I'm pretty sure you would be upset if you could not finish your quest due to being in pk mode. Say you had just turned it on for something else like SvS, TNF, etc. and all of sudden you're getting pk'd while doing quests, I'm sure you would agree that it's a d'bag move and that you're just trying to do your quests.
  • sall66
    sall66 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    When I was in Valhalla several months ago, I remember Tempest constantly killed everyone that was trying to past the gate on the bag quest. I'm not saying that agree nor disagree to killing since it is a PvE server. Bottom line is, there is a button you can press so that you can finish the quest. That's what I did to complete my quest.
  • illusionist#7027
    illusionist#7027 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Goes both ways with both factions doing this for some time now...don't see anyone else making a forum post about it though.
  • dseamon17
    edited February 2017
    Options
    sall66 wrote: »
    When I was in Valhalla several months ago, I remember Tempest constantly killed everyone that was trying to past the gate on the bag quest. I'm not saying that agree nor disagree to killing since it is a PvE server. Bottom line is, there is a button you can press so that you can finish the quest. That's what I did to complete my quest.

You can't autocomplete that quest.. :) You're probably confused with another quest. Either way, that was wrong of Tempest to do, but we're in the present talking about this topic.
  • sall66
    sall66 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    dseamon17 wrote: »

You can't autocomplete that quest.. :) You're probably confused with another quest. Either way, that was wrong of Tempest to do, but we're in the present talking about this topic.

My mistake.. I meant the button to turn on and off PvP mode. Present or past, it's still related to the same subject. The OP brings up the past even further back.
  • phixion11
    phixion11 Posts: 15 Arc User
    Options
    Everyone knows if you dont want to get to caught up in pk go BLUE name. ;)
  • dseamon17
    Options
    phixion11 wrote: »
    Everyone knows if you dont want to get to caught up in pk go BLUE name. ;)

If you do not want to get banned, do not QUEST BLOCK. ;)

• kinetik#1370
    kinetik#1370 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    Your argument in this would really only apply on a PvP server, which we no longer have.​​

Whoa, really? What happened to the PvP servers?!
  • kopi10
    kopi10 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options

Ohh I remembered this one . Tempest were blocking even Valhalla people from doing back pack quest . Don't make QQme the bad ppl in here . Tempest started this since server merged .

Too much QQ on this thread , if you don't want to get involved go blue named :D problem solved . Veno instance is so easy, can go glitch PK mode, don't be lazy .
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Your argument in this would really only apply on a PvP server, which we no longer have.

Whoa, really? What happened to the PvP servers?!

The population was too low to support the cost of the servers, so they got merged. All three of the low population servers got merged into the largest ones. This happened a while ago.

Also, this thread has already served it's course, and then some. I'll shut it down now.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.