What resets with XTW Season starting?

Options
Do we get a map and point reset, or do we keep the lands and points get reset?

@kalystconquerer#0876

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Hello!

As far as I'm aware, everything associated with xTW/DC should be wiped (points, map etc.) as it creates some weird ranking discrepancies otherwise. This is why reset did not occur right away as we want to ensure that, should any issues occur, we do not have to wait until after they come back for a fix. Unless we get told otherwise, this is my understanding of how it works. We'll be sending reminder emails to CN as the date approaches.

Hope this helps!
  • terrabyte
    terrabyte Posts: 71 Arc User
    Options
    Given the fact that we have not had a successful xTW reset yet...
    Have tests been done to ensure it happens properly this time?
    Taking bets on PWE **** this up yet again.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello!

As far as I'm aware, everything associated with xTW/DC should be wiped (points, map etc.) as it creates some weird ranking discrepancies otherwise. This is why reset did not occur right away as we want to ensure that, should any issues occur, we do not have to wait until after they come back for a fix. Unless we get told otherwise, this is my understanding of how it works. We'll be sending reminder emails to CN as the date approaches.

Hope this helps!

@kalystconquerer#0876 The date for xTW reset has long passed and still no reset. No point re-asking for times when the time PWI gave us can't even be adhered to.

Also I dont think the xTW has ever reset the lands? Im pretty sure the last reset, some factions kept all tier 2s and ended first week with high points from existing lands.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Per the Announcement here the date for reset and season start is on March 1st. Unless there was some previous announcement that was posted that contradicts this one, this should be the official date. If there's a different time listed elsewhere let me know so that it can be promptly corrected/amended!
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    Per the Announcement here the date for reset and season start is on March 1st. Unless there was some previous announcement that was posted that contradicts this one, this should be the official date. If there's a different time listed elsewhere let me know so that it can be promptly corrected/amended!

@kalystconquerer#0876 So the next xTW season starts March 1st. Would you clarify if the current battles are part of a season or just a period of inbetween from the last which ended in December? There is a lot of confusion amongst others that its currently an active season (even though it hasn't reset from Dec end)
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 secondary question, so in the what 2 - 3months, with the current point stadning or more so the current point gain/loss in the last 2 - 3 months, are their no rewards for that or is it a throw away mid season?
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 secondary question, so in the what 2 - 3months, with the current point stadning or more so the current point gain/loss in the last 2 - 3 months, are their no rewards for that or is it a throw away mid season?

You can think of the period of last 2months+ as preseason since previous season ended 2 months ago and rewards were sent out.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    terrabyte wrote: »
    Given the fact that we have not had a successful xTW reset yet...
    Have tests been done to ensure it happens properly this time?
    Taking bets on PWE **** this up yet again.

U were right... they managed to ruin it again lol
  • nadss
    nadss Posts: 21 Arc User
    Options
    So factions that were on top will still have the upper hand in the new season.. Wtf of "reset" is that?