Community

Options
vily91
vily91 Posts: 9 Arc User
Happy Valentine's Day everyone ! I am currently playing on Dawnglory server due to the fact i am from Europe and the tine zone allows me to join the events. But i really don't like the community from DG. Can anyone tell me how is the community from the other servers ?

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    All servers are terrible. It's better to just stick with Dawnglory since it's in your timezone. Although, Etherblade seems to be more tame, but I don't actively play on Etherblade to know for certain.​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    All servers are terrible. It's better to just stick with Dawnglory since it's in your timezone. Although, Etherblade seems to be more tame, but I don't actively play on Etherblade to know for certain.​​

Tame? The world chat is terrible.
    giphy.gif

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    I'm from Etherblade and well...

It depends, when I'm on - if you get the same faces in WC, eventually they start snapping at each other and I doubt that's honestly server exclusive. Every server has it's few bad apples that are in the spotlight for one reason or another. I'm only more familiar with Etherblade so if we're talking just Etherblade...I'm pretty mixed on it. I won't lie and say it's rainbows and sunshines out here, but its because I know alot of the people in WC and how they behave that I'm not as...shocked? Being used to it though is not saying anything being said is remotely ok, but I have made alot of long lasting friends on Etherblade. However, I should point out that this was because I started on Heaven's Tear, then when Archosaur server was opened up, I immediately rolled on there and was heavily involved in the TW scene. When HT and Archo became one, I was able to essentially re-blend back into the general populace because I knew players from both HT and Archo. That and I like my quiet life on the game and enjoy playing when I'm not in any official capacity, but that's besides the point.

I think one of the things that really helped was starting with a group of friends in real life. It feels like this doesn't happen (?) as much anymore, but back when I started playing, it was me and a bunch of friends from school who all started playing together. We all rolled different classes so even if someone couldn't play, we'd have some room to flex. See if you can have at least one friend who can play with you that rolls a class they like or one that can compliment your play style and then start branching out from there. Eventually you can either form a faction or join one together as a core. Because you're EU it might be best to stay on EU servers if you can, since it starts getting difficult juggling certain server events if you're playing on a server that has a larger hour difference than you do. The "community" on WC of course will be different than the "server community" as a whole, but I'd say WC does impact the perception of the "server community", even if the majority of that community isn't behaving the way that the "WC community" is. Start poking around different factions, do some randoms and see how the rest of the playerbase is in relation to the "WC community". It might surprise you and hopefully in a good way!

Happy Valentine's Day to you as well and hope this helps!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    I'm from Etherblade and well...

It depends, when I'm on - if you get the same faces in WC, eventually they start snapping at each other and I doubt that's honestly server exclusive. Every server has it's few bad apples that are in the spotlight for one reason or another. I'm only more familiar with Etherblade so if we're talking just Etherblade...I'm pretty mixed on it. I won't lie and say it's rainbows and sunshines out here, but its because I know alot of the people in WC and how they behave that I'm not as...shocked? Being used to it though is not saying anything being said is remotely ok, but I have made alot of long lasting friends on Etherblade. However, I should point out that this was because I started on Heaven's Tear, then when Archosaur server was opened up, I immediately rolled on there and was heavily involved in the TW scene. When HT and Archo became one, I was able to essentially re-blend back into the general populace because I knew players from both HT and Archo. That and I like my quiet life on the game and enjoy playing when I'm not in any official capacity, but that's besides the point.

I think one of the things that really helped was starting with a group of friends in real life. It feels like this doesn't happen (?) as much anymore, but back when I started playing, it was me and a bunch of friends from school who all started playing together. We all rolled different classes so even if someone couldn't play, we'd have some room to flex. See if you can have at least one friend who can play with you that rolls a class they like or one that can compliment your play style and then start branching out from there. Eventually you can either form a faction or join one together as a core. Because you're EU it might be best to stay on EU servers if you can, since it starts getting difficult juggling certain server events if you're playing on a server that has a larger hour difference than you do. The "community" on WC of course will be different than the "server community" as a whole, but I'd say WC does impact the perception of the "server community", even if the majority of that community isn't behaving the way that the "WC community" is. Start poking around different factions, do some randoms and see how the rest of the playerbase is in relation to the "WC community". It might surprise you and hopefully in a good way!

Happy Valentine's Day to you as well and hope this helps!

I believe that the nice people on ET you rarely see them talking in wc.
    giphy.gif

• kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @bloodedone87 Ain't that the truth :P The nice people on Etherblade are still around for sure! I've ran into some really great people in randoms and generally, the people in the factions I've been in over the years are pretty nice with your occasional blowhard. But I think that's pretty much anywhere ever that had a social group aspect to it, haha!
  • darkfalconknight
    darkfalconknight Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    wanna tell us who your toons name is kalyst, cause i see alot of players that i know in arch.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    wanna tell us who your toons name is kalyst, cause i see alot of players that i know in arch.

Its better if its kept quiet.

I get bugged in-game every now and then about codes and other bits let alone being an active GM. Lucky my toon name is not exact to my Ingame name.

To topic..

I have not felt the necessary to report the abuse in WC for months now and its at least tame when some names are in WC or pop into WC. Tho the times Ive been on other servers in WC and chats I really have seen little difference in being mature.

Da is your local server so stick to that and its good for events, Like others have said may be try to find a good friendly faction and or try bring some friends into the game. Its good if you have 3~4 friends that play even if not all the time.​​
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Use your blacklist function. I play the Etherblade server and I have five people on my blacklist and believe me without those five people it makes my game a much nicer experience : p
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Use your blacklist function. I play the Etherblade server and I have five people on my blacklist and believe me without those five people it makes my game a much nicer experience : p

I just turn off world chat as soon as I login. LOL​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 you seem to have a few aspiring kalyst's on tt server. they keep pming me telling me "insider info" on events on the forums lmao

@vily91 happy valentines day to you too :) and yes all servers are like this unfortunately. best to just turn world chat off when it gets really bad.

I look forward to the day when pwi expands blacklist though.
  • mooglemonger
    Options
    Lol yep, change your settings and you can skip world chat altogether. To be fair though, this game is pretty tame compared to a few currently popular titles that are out there.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @darkfalconknight
    That and I like my quiet life on the game and enjoy playing when I'm not in any official capacity, but that's besides the point.
    I love people, don't get me wrong, but it's probably for the better that my personal and work one is separated, or at the very least, my personal one remain undisclosed.

@eirghan Heh, they've got "insider information" you say? *wiggles eyebrows* Players get enough "insider information" on the forums as it is, where the truth is stranger than any speculation out there.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    @darkfalconknight
    That and I like my quiet life on the game and enjoy playing when I'm not in any official capacity, but that's besides the point.
    I love people, don't get me wrong, but it's probably for the better that my personal and work one is separated, or at the very least, my personal one remain undisclosed.

@eirghan Heh, they've got "insider information" you say? *wiggles eyebrows* Players get enough "insider information" on the forums as it is, where the truth is stranger than any speculation out there.

I require bribes or I might "accidentally" slip something...
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    I've visited all of the servers, and Tideswell is very laidback. It seems that, upon the merger of Dreamweaver and Raging Tides into the Tideswell server, the calming influence of Dreamweaver was stronger than the trolling influence of Raging Tides. The current server is very similar to the Dreamweaver I've known for many years. World chat is usually clean, not all that much pvp drama (not all that much pvp to be perfectly honest) and mostly nice people wherever you go.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    What is so bad about DG that you dislike? Maybe we can point you in a better direction if we know that!
    m5arXCN.png
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @prancing brings up a good point - considering that most general advice might not target your specific case, explaining what is making you unhappy could shed some light for us.

@csquared5 I visit Tideswell the least of all the servers (I still love you guys though!) but yeah, I could see what you're saying for sure!
  • vily91
    vily91 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    prancing wrote: »
    What is so bad about DG that you dislike? Maybe we can point you in a better direction if we know that!

I mean wherever i go, no mather who i talk to, players are so quiet and play only for themselves. Where is the teamplay, where is the fun ? I personally i'm not a person who affords to spend real money for ingame boutique items, so all i need to make this game fun is a guild or some players to have fun with. ( played pwi sine it first was launcjed but with some pauses, also played my-en, malaysian version of pwi which btw was way more fun).

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    Da is a really anti-social server in comparison to the others. The black-and-white dichotomous thinking is also so prevalent and ingrained in the mindset of nearly everyone there that it's just exhausting. I don't blame anyone for wanting to get off the server.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    ^ this I play DA and slowly working on a char from another server and so far the servers which imo are pretty nice as a hangout spot would be Tideswell and maybe TT, DA is mainly ppl who shoot you down just because you think differently or if you just type good morning you're followed with a shut up pm lawl and Etherblade I haven't seen much but most ppl tell me it's toxic and most times I log I see arguing
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options
    The world chat on Etherblade is pretty toxic yeah. A lot of trolls and drama (usually cause of PK and it's usually the same people). But beyond WC and beyond that small PK community that always has something to QQ about, we got quite a few nice people. We have our asshoIes and rude people too but I think that goes for all servers, I've learned to tell bad from good and I just move on if I come across someone I don't like. If you look hard enough I'm sure anyone can find a small group of people on any server that are fit to hang out with. From my experience, you are more likely to find them in small factions, the bigger ones have been tainted by the PvP saltiness pig-1.gif​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • escapistartist
    escapistartist Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If you've also got to the point where you *need* squads to do anything in-game and it's all 'link weapon' for almost every dungeon run under the sun, or 'this party accepts you noobs too' then... Yeah, the community is not stellar. Nobody should feel diminished in any way when playing and unwelcome.

Personally, I didn't last long on the EU server, what put me off first was English missing from random squads I formed and then everything else followed.

It was/is the best for my time zone of course but the game is not always events and I'm left with more than half of it I wasn't able to experience at its fullest.

So, I could only recommend Tideswell too. The time gap is not as painful as it would be to play on a West Coast server (I know all about dis) and the community is one of the best I've ever met. Conflicts in WC are few and far between, and most high level folks I've met are very eager to help newbies out with bosses or knowledge.
    Many years ago I played on Dreamweaver for a while, and everything I liked back then is still there, including a few friends I reconnected with. Though in my case, I think what makes the time zone less painful to juggle is being in a relationship with a Canadian. :D I'm getting used to the 'odd' hours.

The time zone might not work for another fellow EU player of course, but if you do try Tideswell out, keep an eye out for Snowsheep! I'd be glad to help you try the server out, and the faction I'm in accepts all levels, if you'd end up wanting a home.
    Sheepy_Siggy.png
    (´ω`) ( °ω° )
    Woollen Fox • Ylvanie • Twilight Temple
  • mooglemonger
    Options
    Teabagg makes a good point. Pick the server with the lowest ping cause generally the communities of each server are probably pretty similar.
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    Tideswell has no 'link weapons to prove you are good enough for squad', nor do we have much pvp drama. We instead have ppl like Prancing who are sometimes a little too willing to teach newbs how to do UPD runs, even if you are probably not ready for UPD just yet lol. Is too friendly a thing? #Canadian
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Dawnglory isnt as bad as some ppl make it be thats for sure xD
    Main problem with DA for me is simply language , a very big portion of player base speaks very little or limited Englando and that can be very frustrating when u do instances where its required of ppl to listen to instructions and communicate , imagine having to deal with that in tw, up , dup and in new instance thats gonna come out , gg wp xD

Linking weps isnt bad , i usually dont ask for it but i understand why ppl prefer it than to deal with random no englando speaking ppl.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    I never understood why ppl get butt hurt about linking weapons. Basically you're willing to apply for a guild that adheres to gear requirements but not a squad? Nobody wants to be in any instance for any longer than they must you don't have the gear to assist than sorry it's their right not to one you and they shouldn't be judged for that we have all been there gotta build up and earn your spot xD
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Options
    Server choice was optimal back in the day but, now it's just a slam of where you have buds that got merged into..
    Most server world chat is pretty tame on twilight temple from my experience but, second PvP starts between any of the major factions you will get a ton of trash talk polluting your chat...
    On a side note most of the people that ask for 1v1 on twilight temple will curse you out in PMS or just randomly pm you, " I heard you were talking trash let's 1v1"
    Sad part is you don't even know/care about the peep asking for 1v1 yet alone talk trash about em.
    Basically in conclusion if you want a server with a tame world chat, the solution is simple... GO OUTSIDE
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    Come to Etherblade, I need some new people to *talk* to in WC
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.