Dragon Conquest RESET, WHEN??

patupapa
patupapa Posts: 39 Arc User
So, Dragon Conquest / xTW season ended on december, even the reward was mailed on the last week of December.
What happened with reset? It's been more than a month already.

@kalystconquerer#0876 @orinj

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @patupapa CN has just came back from their vacation as of this week due to the Lunar New Year and it wouldn't have been a good idea to do a reset then have something go wrong and not be able to fix it. We also have to let CN know ahead of time that were are resetting everything, since that takes a few extra minutes during a maintenance. That's one of the reasons why there hasn't been a reset.

The second reason is to make sure that players know what's going to be at stake for the next seasons' prizing and I have to make sure the prizing changes I'm suggesting are approved by the proper channels. I doubt there will be much issue, but it's the process that need to be followed so that everyone is on the same page. Once that is finalized, we'll be doing our big announcements!

Hope this helps!
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    @patupapa CN has just came back from their vacation as of this week due to the Lunar New Year and it wouldn't have been a good idea to do a reset then have something go wrong and not be able to fix it. We also have to let CN know ahead of time that were are resetting everything, since that takes a few extra minutes during a maintenance. That's one of the reasons why there hasn't been a reset.

The second reason is to make sure that players know what's going to be at stake for the next seasons' prizing and I have to make sure the prizing changes I'm suggesting are approved by the proper channels. I doubt there will be much issue, but it's the process that need to be followed so that everyone is on the same page. Once that is finalized, we'll be doing our big announcements!

Hope this helps!

except there has been plenty of time to already have had it handled as well as rewards taken care of since the lunar new year is only 15 days long , reset was supposed to be dec we are in feb. wayyyy more then 15 days.

I realize your testing new content but seriously this is existing content , it shouldnt be this hard.

• mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    Seasons should just be six months long, tell CN what needs to be done three months in advance and hopefully by the time six months are up everyone will be ready for the changes.

Smaller factions won't get as much tw? Gank a bigger faction then. This game is just a giant gank xD
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @doods00 I think what happened was breaks falling over each other. When the season ended in December, the US offices were going on break. We then got our expansion from CN when we got back and because of my current position, my time does go into the next content update. And then of course CN had their break.

I will say that doing prizes on our end does not involve CN, but with issues shifting in and out of the pile of to-do, DC announcements/prizing structures for next season got bumped around a bit. I'm pushing away at it though and we should get an announcement out here that I hope players will like about the next season!

@mooglemonger I don't think (?) we've tried doing that before with them, but that's definitely something to consider! I'm just worried they'll hop into a maintenance one night and be confused as to why we're telling them to do a reset. Well, that's what reminder emails are for, heh.
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer I know its off this topic but I don't want to make a new thread or search for answers to our perfect attendance cat shop that expired? -ps I really need it- o:)
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • keeperofkeys
    keeperofkeys Posts: 45 Arc User
    While on the topic of perfect attendance rewards how about the title "Super Lord of Dedication". I did open a support ticket asking about not getting the title and was basically told sorry try again next year.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited February 2017
    How about Like I have setup for the Players TW Season.

TW 3 Seasons of 3 Months with a Reset Month.
    Dragons Conquest could run 6 Months in the Middle of 2 seasons. IE reset the TW map Mid month 2 weeks later Reset Dragons Conquest. But after the second Group...

So your have 3 TW Seasons and 2 XTW** seasons.
    **Kinda 1 season would run into a new year tho so you would only have 1.5 seasons a year.
    Ill plan this out on a sheet at some point as I only have TW on the one I have made.

It would make your workload a lot lighter and mean the good rewards are for the longer seasons. if your gonna keep saying it at least run with it so frustrating.​​
  • hakundo
    hakundo Posts: 33 Arc User
    Speaking of xTW, I can't seem to register for it this week. It just tells me I've already signed up, which I haven't.
    @kalystconquerer#0876
  • heerohex#3018
    hakundo wrote: »
    Speaking of xTW, I can't seem to register for it this week. It just tells me I've already signed up, which I haven't.
    @kalystconquerer#0876

as your director or leader done this for you?​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I've had a few reports of people not being able to register. I passed the word along to Kalyst​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    Ok So this is the plan for The Players TW Season 2017 - 2018

I have included a suggestion for XTW times. @kalystconquerer#0876

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dN7zrn2zne30n4s6McBDQVOoYgHq_frS7CekQon0mU0/edit?usp=sharing

Their will be a NO Seasons setup per year for XTW as it will run into another year.

Also their is a gap of 2 weeks when XTW and TW seasons close for lands to be gathered. Its a suggestion to ease the amount of TWs / XTW seasons. Less workload.

The dates are not hard set you have a lea way of 2 weeks when both season ends and 4 weeks during full XTW run.

3 Seasons for TW Per Year.
    XTW Seasons Lasting about 8 Months (Ouch) But with 2 TW resets allowing younger factions to get some of the map.

Or something like this. Its a suggestion... Dates should also not collide with any events where reset is requested.

Good Luck...​​
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Short tw seasons don't give time for the map to fill up. I'd make both tw seasons xtw +tw, about a year. On china they probably have more players. Here when the map resets its a bunch of 1 man alt factions. With a 3 month season, the stronger factions might not even get to fight each other.
    m5arXCN.png
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    prancing wrote: »
    Short tw seasons don't give time for the map to fill up. I'd make both tw seasons xtw +tw, about a year. On china they probably have more players. Here when the map resets its a bunch of 1 man alt factions. With a 3 month season, the stronger factions might not even get to fight each other.

short tw seasons gives oportunity to smaler guilds to be in the map.
    In other words 1 year season should make 1 guild have all lands
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    beast21g wrote: »

[fixed] short tw seasons gives oportunity to 1 man (alts) guilds to be in the map.
  • heerohex#3018
    parrot2010 wrote: »
    beast21g wrote: »

[fixed] short tw seasons gives oportunity to 1 man (alts) guilds to be in the map.

All 3 are correct.

Tho I kinda like the Rest Period which makes it shorter. I do have a twist to the Players TW season Which will help both. But its not official and well your have to wait and see...​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    I think we're tweaking it to have a shorter "breather" period with a longer season (think 4-5 months) since Resources Wars seems to be impacted on a shorter time frame. An announcement should go out next week for both TW and DC, so thank you all in advance for your patience!

Luckily we're not in the middle of a season right now where this issue would be impacting actual rewards or rankings for xTW, but since this isn't the first time there's been weirdness with the system, I still want to note this down. What are the messages you're receiving and are you getting bids returned?
  • heerohex#3018
    I think we're tweaking it to have a shorter "breather" period with a longer season (think 4-5 months) since Resources Wars seems to be impacted on a shorter time frame. An announcement should go out next week for both TW and DC, so thank you all in advance for your patience!

Luckily we're not in the middle of a season right now where this issue would be impacting actual rewards or rankings for xTW, but since this isn't the first time there's been weirdness with the system, I still want to note this down. What are the messages you're receiving and are you getting bids returned?

RW is again another event that is time locked and to be fair does not work to the design of the event.

Tho I agree with what you are saying and I do have something up my sleve for the next Season, I want to just remind you that this is something that keep being said will happen and does not.​​
  • choasdriver
    choasdriver Posts: 68 Arc User
    can u adjust to make sure second and 3rd place dont get even amount of helm.. not much difference in placement really with both getting 1 helm each.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Make it so 3rd don't get a helm :smile:
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.