[Rant] Disappointed in the vote polls

Options
So after looking at the first and second poll i can say i am disappointed .Only having one item to vote for really sucks and we should have had like 3 or 5 available votes to cast . Most will want something practical if they only have one vote to cast but having multiple options available would have made some of the more fun items on the lists to gain more votes .

Great way to fail a good event right at the end .
TheGreatKhan of DawnGlory
sadasdds.png

Comments

• forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options

Great way to fail a good event right at the end .

Why at the end? She explained how it would work right from the start. People knew what to expect. + everyone has a different perception of the word "interesting". I see some people voted veno pets that were not available in game, so that will probably be useless to the majority, but that doesn't mean others can't benefit from it. People need to understand that not everything that X and Y person wants, is what everyone else wants. This is also why she allows up to 25 items to go on sale. To allow (or try to) everyone to get 1 or more items they like on sale. Nevertheless, people's taste is way too different to make everyone happy. Which is why the list is made up of about 200 different items

Besides, she already gave us 2 votes instead of the 1 we were allowed from the very start, because all items were supposed to come on a single poll. Yet people still ask for more...when will this community learn to accept what they are given without greedily asking for more

Either way, people should just wait until the end to complain. Keep in mind all "winners" will have to go through CN for approval to go on sale. Maybe those "practical" items that have been heavily voted will not even be able to go on sale. Which would give room to other things more "interesting". We shall see how things turn out

PS: Don't forget the event comes with a free code with goodies...even if people don't get their favourite items on sale, at least everyone gets something out of it :)
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    I'm more upset so many votes went into fashion and fashion weapons like really ppl lmfao
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    They usually put various items for sale everytime the boutique updates. So maybe they could make batches with the approved items, and put 2-3 high voted items along with 4-7 average and low voted items, and then they have a sale for every week.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    To get the poll to work proper, I had to be extremely limiting on what votes and how many could be cast - there was no way to make a 3-4 options per IP :(

I know if I had left the option to do "vote as many times as you wish" it would get abused to place either 1) troll items that no one wants up in the top 25 or 2) game the system to get the free items quicker. Trust me I love giving you guys free stuff, but people have exploited certain systems in the past and one of the topics always included when drafting events such as this is "how will you make sure abuse can not happen?" However, I wouldn't say all is lost - I think these types of events definitely give me and other players insights into what our version would like to see and this data is incredibly invaluable! Besides, even if you don't see certain items come in, I'll still look at the polling results and look to build out future cash shops with some of the things that might not have made it in but still saw interest. And even more so, if I can find Event Shop candidates for these items, I'll be looking to the data collected here to see what would be highly sought after (within reason ofc)

Hope this makes sense!
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    I think it would have made more sense to group items into two categories, "power" items and "cosmetic" items. Then put in a couple winners from each category. One serves the hardcore players who don't care about fashion while the others serves the more social players who want the latest new dress/sunglasses etc.

Maybe a third category for "chance" items...idk.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    #NotMyBoutique
  • n3murinomori
    n3murinomori Posts: 43 Arc User
    Options
    Lets build a wall around the polls ... Lets make PWI Great again

sadasdds.png
  • eaglestorm
    eaglestorm Posts: 46 Arc User
    Options
    Sad but true, some people will always find something to complain about. You may be disappointed in where the votes went but that is the voters fault, not the polls
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Options
    LOL normally i am the complainer but honestly nothing complain about at all its a free vote

cant always get what you want lol
  • semisolidowl47
    semisolidowl47 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    In any case, most people that are voting probably aren't considering how high priced the item they vote for would be. The War Avatar S Chest is a good example of that. I won't be surprised if it's over 100 gold per pack.

And yeah, funny to see how many votes are going to stuff that already goes in the boutique every few months already.
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    i seen the packs for sale but not the chests which =100% s card not that lame B-S chance junk

But yeah its lame cause pwi prob sale each chest for 100 dollars or more lol we have so called 400k players i don't know look at facebook even if they sold the s chest for 10 bucks a pop to a 1000 players bang tons of money $h&!* id spend like 100 bucks trying to get a full set or more but most likely Pwi will charge some insane amount for virtual cards lol
  • n3murinomori
    n3murinomori Posts: 43 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Im wondering how will the votes be counted ? Do only one poll votes get counted or do both ?
    sadasdds.png
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    Options
    Its a shame that the prices of things aren't being attached to the items so people could vote properly and see what they are voting for cuase when the items hit the price of gold for them may be way to much and wish they had voted for something else that was reasonable instead of to the hardcore CSer that drops 1k a month.
  • chopstickstheii
    chopstickstheii Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    If the ultimate spend promos are an indication of price, S chests will most likely be around the 800 gold range. Assuming CN even approves of it going to the boutique in the first place. I think we can all expect it to be very price prohibitive.
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    Yeah i don't get that at all i started playing another game i won't say the name but there literally giving away amazing mounts some cool dailies and the special stuffs like our daily chest thing but like 1000Xs better plus freaking end game gear chest that contain one piece of random gear.

sometimes there something that's equivalent to a crown of madness how there cash shop makes money is fash and useful things like refill items like really useful stuff and there cash shop is reasonably price for useful things like 30 day buffs etc .

i don't get why pwi charges an arm and a leg for refine orbs when other games let you make refine orbs by dismantling gear but then again there refines go up to 20+ 1-10 + refine is free 10-15+ is a doable challenge but it can be done like our 1-6+ after 15 + that's when you spend real money lol

pwi charges insanely for things which make me wonder why if there's so many players like facebook says charging 10 dollars for stuff including pack items instead of chance packs pwi be rolling filthy in money rather then a couple hundred spending a few 50-100+ dollars vs thousands all spending 10S-100 dollars

but maybe my math all wrong i always wonder how much pwi makes on an average monthly and how many dedicated cash shoppers etc
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    oh and for the record im really happy kalystconquerer even put this together shows pwi given us more lead way what we do with our version of the game and we finally have an advocate that try to work with us rather then the old flat out no or the MIA so even if we dont get what we want he or she at least try which is cool
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Options
    Honestly I don't think this vote poll is so bad. Only problem I see so far is that some items are common boutique ones like r9 mats and some of the packs that they always put on sale. But considering that those items are suggested by the players, that is more the players fault than PWE.

One thing that caught my attention on the item suggestion thread was that on one of the posts someone suggested r9 weapon molds (if I am not wrong). The reply to this was no due item being rejected (By China I can guess).

So in that particular case my question would be:
    why they reject r9 weapon molds that are actually a pain to get and I can be sure a lot of people would pay a reasonable amount of gold for them but at same time they put basic badge on the cash store and even put it on the poll?

Don't get me wrong on this, I am not ranting about basic badges on boutique, nor to the fact that they refuse to put r9 weapon molds.
    But is just that from my point of view is way more Instance killing to put the badges on the store than the r9 weap molds, and the reason is simple:
    A person need 210 basic badges just to craft all the parts (30 per armor piece, 30 for the belt and 60 for the weapon)
    That is about 35 Full warsong runs or 42 badge runs (not incacerate). Plus you will need a few more runs to rerroll.

Now I totally understand that some people may have not time to do warsong or may not like it. But if that was the excuse, don't you think is way more time consuming to farm a mold that have a small % to drop than farming badges?

Before someone tell me is the opposite, something like: ''ohh but is luck that encourages people to do the instances again and again to wait for the mold to drop.''
    Well, all I can say is that I know people that quit this game farming a r9 weapon mold :D No, they didn't quit due to that, but they had so bad luck that after hundred of runs, the mold they needed never drop. And to add more insult to injury, every time they loged out or afk, someone was selling the mold on ground :D

It took me 152 FW to get a r9 mold bow, not like it was big deal for me since I do warsong to craft and sell gear, but still annoying. Now i know my case is a bit extreme, but as person that at some point was cursing and raging every time the Incacerate trolled me, I can understand some people that get frustrated.

That's why I think a r9 weapon mold on boutique for a reasonable price (20 or 25 golds) would be a nice idea.
    Now that of course is just my personal opinion.

Why not r9 armor you may wonder: The answer is because is way more easy and you don't need to do pavs or anything to get that, also a person that want an armor mold only need to do the boss that drops said mold.

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If the ultimate spend promos are an indication of price, S chests will most likely be around the 800 gold range. Assuming CN even approves of it going to the boutique in the first place. I think we can all expect it to be very price prohibitive.

You can just straight up buy war avatar catalysts non-sale and coins off catshop and it would be ~1/4 the price of what you're suggesting for an S card.

800 gold would be a reasonable non-sale price for Neuma portal S cards though.
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    But that's the price for a used car in the usa not a great car but a car nonetheless for virtual s cards?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    I mean there is still a very high likelihood that I'll get resistance on some items, so please expect this (and definitely some raised eyebrows while we're at it). Polls should close today and the Top 25 will be built into a schedule and sent to CN. I'm hoping to hear back a response by tomorrow at the latest so I can inform players of any changes and why (when able).
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    For refused items i assume the next most voted item will be built into the schedule?
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    fuseekayme wrote: »
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    Yeah i don't get that at all i started playing another game i won't say the name but there literally giving away amazing mounts some cool dailies and the special stuffs like our daily chest thing but like 1000Xs better plus freaking end game gear chest that contain one piece of random gear.

sometimes there something that's equivalent to a crown of madness how there cash shop makes money is fash and useful things like refill items like really useful stuff and there cash shop is reasonably price for useful things like 30 day buffs etc .

i don't get why pwi charges an arm and a leg for refine orbs when other games let you make refine orbs by dismantling gear but then again there refines go up to 20+ 1-10 + refine is free 10-15+ is a doable challenge but it can be done like our 1-6+ after 15 + that's when you spend real money lol

pwi charges insanely for things which make me wonder why if there's so many players like facebook says charging 10 dollars for stuff including pack items instead of chance packs pwi be rolling filthy in money rather then a couple hundred spending a few 50-100+ dollars vs thousands all spending 10S-100 dollars

but maybe my math all wrong i always wonder how much pwi makes on an average monthly and how many dedicated cash shoppers etc

the game ur talking about sounds like GW2...anywho its similar to what ur talking about...

nope but i have that game to and i prefer pwi over that one but the one im talking about has me saying what!!!!! awesome

its like getting a lambo every now and then lol like seriously pwi is like geting a mustang once or twice a year because cn or china.

i think pwi should just have a dedicated version where it doesn't need cn at all they just rent the rights but content and final decisions are made by pwi i think this be a way better game
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Got in my responses so here we go! (I'll probably need to add this to an official announcement as well, but need this written down somewhere so players know what's happening)

War Avatar Chest S, War Avatar Chest A : Don't sell this in Cash Shop.
    Dragon Orb Pack - **Price note, but still on the schedule I think (My Note : I won't reveal what was said or my initial price point)
    Dragon Orbs 7/8/9 Star - Don't sell this in the Cash Shop (My Note : while some of these were used before, it was for a preorder thing to easily track item sends. So this could be why?)
    All Genie gears - Gear didn't release, don't sell it
    Guided Swan (male) - Test item, don't sell in cash Shop (My Note : this was an item I found as part of the Rose themed weapon fashion, and with digging, I'm sure someone would have saw this item too. This one was on me.)
    Supreme Robe : Dominance - Gear didn't release, don't sell it
    Supply Tokens - Don't sell this in cash shop
    Profundity Scroll I - Don't sell EXP in cash shop (My Note EDIT: While the Illusionary Crystal does live in the shop, it's bound and has limitations)

I'll have to take the next batch down of items so I'll check the results. Also, I'll be working on that code for players today as well! Day's gonna be very busy with this, meetings about the DC/TW rewards and testing new content so apologies in advance if I dont get around to every thread or concern today!
    Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    Thank you, that was good to know.
    Im however still surprised that the ambers never made it on the vote polls lol
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    They weren't too hot on shards when I posed the question, so I wasn't about to push them right after their break. What did all make it on, so far as I can see, is quite a shock. But since there was a decent amount of interest, I'll see if they'd entertain the thought of whitelisting the highest grade to rotate into promos and such. (since plugging into the shop directly seems to be a concern)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    XD fml lol