SAGE MYSTICS LOUNGE - Rune System Skills

iamtearsh
iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
Hello my fellow Sage Mysts!!!! <3<3<3

I just want to know your thoughts about the new Rune System.
Which ones you getting and why?

Personally I don't have any preference yet but I think I'm going full support.

And also keeping an eye on that skill that makes sq untargetable or the aoe puri.

:p How about you guys?
x9YPRak.jpg

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Since all main reasons to be a sage mystic now become irrelevant since those skills will be the same for sage and demon there is no reason to be a sage mystic anymore and I highly recommend switching to demon. I mean,demon was already better in nearly any aspect...but with the rune update...nah. When it was sage for support and demon for pvp back in the day its now demon for everything :D
  • iamtearsh
    iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
    yeah i think you are right..
    Any pros at all for being a sage support? no?
    x9YPRak.jpg

• jsxshadow
    iamtearsh wrote: »
    yeah i think you are right..
    Any pros at all for being a sage support? no?

I am afraid not xD Demon is alot more versatile, can deal more damage and can support alot better. The only reason to be sage would be to abuse Sage spark all the time..but seriously..the other advantages of demon outweight that completely.
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    sage is still more defensive/support-based.
    If you're not looking at 1v1s sage is very viable.

After the runes:
    sage spark, sage verdant, sage leech still win the defensive argument.

demon has channeling going for it, but no1 is gonna constantly rapid growth or trip spark b4 healing.

Sage actually gets some of the offensive potential demons had exclusives on b4 the runes.
  • jsxshadow
    klys wrote: »
    sage is still more defensive/support-based.
    If you're not looking at 1v1s sage is very viable.

After the runes:
    sage spark, sage verdant, sage leech still win the defensive argument.

demon has channeling going for it, but no1 is gonna constantly rapid growth or trip spark b4 healing.

Sage actually gets some of the offensive potential demons had exclusives on b4 the runes.

I agree on Sage Spark being more defensive but thats just pretty much it. 10% additional Pdef hardly makes any difference at all especially since the mini tidal can save your backside many times when used correctly.

If you are not using rapid growth constantly then tell me why not? It's fast, it increases your healoutput significantly and allows you to use the slower Healing skills as well.

Pre-Rune-Update I can say that Demon is by far the superior Support built. You can rebuilt chi so fast with your basic healing skills that you can also massively increase your healing output/Damage evasion by spamming Sparks. Sage so far is just "chance to purify" on the main skills which can be useful but is heavily unreliable.

In the end...it all boils down to the personal preferred play-style..but since Demon will stay far above Sage in terms of offensive-capabilities and even after the rune update, sage won't be better (merely equal) in terms of support as well which means that Demon is the way to go. More Damage, more versatility.

Going for a pure Chi-rebuilding, constantly sparking path as a sage mystic after the update would be nice too and will bump up Sage's damage quite significantly as well. The difference between Sage and Demon won't be that extreme anymore but I'd personally still prefer Demon.

PS: For clerics its the other way around. I switch from demon to sage because sage is ALOT better after the update!
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    10% more pdef is better than chance of tidal because you're guaranteeing higher survival probability if you just cast petals instead of verdant, while having passively more def. Remember we're getting the untarget plant with runes, so that will be a more capable counter to paralyze.

Casting rapid growth before healing isn't practical because you'll probably be too late to save your target if it's a reaction heal. If it's preemptive, then there's no difference because your cd on BITC can't keep up and 20k healing vs 25k healing won't make a difference to the DDs you're supporting. If you're healing a tank then that chance at purify is greatly appreciated (pre-runes).
    If you're preemptively casting rapid growth so you can get 1 or 2 rounds of bitc/petals off, well, that's a personal choice- and I'd rather save the chi.
    I'm not gonna talk about our non instant heals because gais isn't spammable and mist is comparable to chromatic healing beam in effectiveness.

Sage spark is a nice defensive measure, but it's not why I save chi. Spamming thicket to control LA/HA is priority.

Demon has always been more offensive, but sage closes that gap with the runes.
    Defensively sage wins pre and post runes, although the gap closes there as well too.