Old version of Frostcovered City

Options
Is there in somewhere, some video from the old Frostcovered City? Before being revamped, when there were drops to make gears.
I searched everywhere, and in youtube, but I did not find a video of the old version of that instance. I wanted to see just out of curiosity, because there were some different bosses, and it was much more difficult...

Thanks.

Answers

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,812 Community Moderator
    Options
    I have not seen one.

YouTube would be best bet. But I really don't think many people will have even run that instance.
  • sirkura#6424
    sirkura#6424 Posts: 37 Arc User
    Options
    Kinda wish they would return FC to the way it was back then. Currently it has a single use for a HS quest. If it was able to be farmed again it would no doubt actually be used. Some gears are actually quite useful, like the gold -chan rings. They still drop, at a supidly low chance for gear the average person won't use, but it would be nice to be able to streamline the farming.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    They still drop, at a supidly low chance for gear the average person won't use, but it would be nice to be able to streamline the farming.[/color]

It wouldn't be streamlined. The old Frost was an incredibly cumbersome process, even moreso than old Lunar.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    I'm not sure if CN would revist old content in this way - I could see them lifting the map as a separate "mode" and "recreating" the old FC before they go back in and redo an instance "they way it used to be". This is one of those hot button issues that I try to avoid touching too often. Having a recreation of FC with drops would take more resources than breaking FC to make it an EXP instance again, but that doesn't mean that either will happen anytime soon.

To answer OP's query - I unfortunately haven't seen any videos out there. Good luck in your search!
  • kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Well, this is the only video I found of the old Frostcovered City (squad mode):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiUT752NK6Y

It was from the Malaysian server, if I am not mistaken, that it no longer exists...
    The video is very short, and only shows a single boss, different from the current ones that exist there.
    And it was from then on that my interest arose in knowing the rest of the instance.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    So according to the video the instance was apparently called Frost Walk Sanctum or something alike on that server
    This is the longest video I could find, however, I think this is from a private server. The instance could easily have been modified on the server, but I just thought it was interesting to see anyway.
    Solo mode (whew I didnt know there was more than 1 mode!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MW6bYJd97c
    The items he pick up seems to have a matching icon for the old fcc items so -shrugs- i dunno
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah you actually had to run solo mode for a while and collect drops before your character would be allowed into squad mode. We had it for a while in 2008-2009.
  • fairymaster1
    fairymaster1 Posts: 52 Arc User
    Options
    I'm not sure if CN would revist old content in this way - I could see them lifting the map as a separate "mode" and "recreating" the old FC before they go back in and redo an instance "they way it used to be". This is one of those hot button issues that I try to avoid touching too often. Having a recreation of FC with drops would take more resources than breaking FC to make it an EXP instance again, but that doesn't mean that either will happen anytime soon.

It would only require changing the ID of the bosses in the instance, changing the regular and title quests to reflect the change as the old bosses are still in the game files. It would not have to be completely reverted mechanic wise to make frost useful again. It is not really about old content, its about having something to do for a lot of people.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    I think I came in just right after the revamp, so I don't think I was around (or even a level high enough if I was) to run this content. I was about to post that second video that @shopcheese found, but I wasn't sure if that was an unofficial server or not. Still very interesting to see though!
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    Options
    I was once on the most populated server (LC) and almost no one did run Frost (neither single nor squad mode; some people just checked it out cause of curiousity).

Single Mode was easy (for a herc-veno) but squad mode was ridiculous hard (all mobs did long range aoe dmg). Most of us had just 3* or HH gear, unsharded and with just +2 refinements.

Single mode was for collecting card sets (to let bosses in squad mode spawn) and different kind of Jades iiirr.
    No one did buy those mats or cards.

Simple reason: HH and Legendary gear are way better than Frost gear and way more easy to obtain.

We have/had a lot of stuff in this game which was never worth to do.
    Tiger's mind gear? Drake's mind gear? Hard as **** to obtain.
    Anyone remembers friendship-quest gear? Got anyone ever a full set? I've even never seen a single part tbh.
    Dragon Quests for gear? Even with the in-game bot option nowadays no one is willing to do it.

How many get QM gear for their lowbies nowadays? Close to no one? Simple reason: It's just not reasonable to go for it.

Every (rare) gear in this game is weak and just laughable.

If they would add old Frost again, it wouldn't be content which people would use.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I would say nowadays lowbie gear is the QM gear, seen plenty of people with it, even more than TT now. 10-20min of work for a full QM set if there is a high level character to help out. Though most just blast thru the levels and dont bother get gear for their level before Lv100+.
    Ahh, the old days were good... Im bored of the only-nuke squads that exists today, and if there is an instance that cant be nuked as easily (lol UPD), people claim its too hard and QQ as they fail nuking it on their first try, and then goes back to their nuke UP squads.
    Hell, people on my server dont even know how to do toad in flowsilver anymore, 'cause everything is nuke nuke.