Class Nerfs?

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Personally, I would rather see vortex removed from actual competitive contest like tournament,xtw,tw due to the fraps issues
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @blazerboy agreed. The FPS Breakdowns are extremely annoying. However, the fault mainly lies within the engine, not the skill.
  • ororo14
    ororo14 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    We had same issue on a p.server that I play on. The tornado was scaled down by a player to about the size of a char. The range itself is still the same but the animation doesnt totally kill your FPS. Granted you have to be a bit more careful to keep in mind the range of the skill compared to the animation.

But if a player can do it and modify his client there's no reason china can't do it on their end.

New vortex compared to Original.
    TRaBqwq.gif

• blazerboy
    Ik this is a tangent but why is the sb skill supercell like never used? Was told it's not worth the consumption but the animation looks so cool >.<
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Ik this is a tangent but why is the sb skill supercell like never used? Was told it's not worth the consumption but the animation looks so cool >.<

Maybe cause it takes long time to be channeled and casted compared to other sb aoe skills.

In the time sb needs to use supercell a sb can use: churning vortex, avatar of the storm, dark maelstrom and throw 2 more aoe skills after.
    giphy.gif

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Sins aren't inherently tanky in mass PvP...when I focus a deity sin when out of immunities they die faster than any other class...

The issue, again, leads back to Tidal. They have free reign to immune, spark, and escape at the best and most opportune times because they barely ever have to eat any chain cc. This lets them spark or pot for immunities whenever they want. I can't count the number of times in PvP where I know exactly when I'm going to die and when to immune, but can't do anything b/c I'm chain cc'ed and out of genie energy.

You can have the ability to 3-shot a sin but you'd have to first burn through 3 triple spark heals, ult, 2-3 genie skills, and IG. And there's really nothing you can do to stop that short of getting lucky with a cc. And when they introduced autopots and double tick charms, that 3-shot sin turned into a 5-6 shot, letting them chain immunities and camp double tick charms even longer.

Take tidal away and sins lose both their "tankiness" and their DPS ability. So yes, it does need a nerf, but the number should be adjusted carefully.

• doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    doods00 wrote: »
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    K then. Everything I just said had no meaning so somone else just came alone and repeated what I just proved to be BS. Oh forums. Sometimes I love ya.

KK. for the slower people around here:

1. Pain even said himself that he doesnt have much experience vs stormbringer.
    2. I already stated that a max damage storm (like Hara) is the closest thing to a counter Assassins have atm.
    3. His gear is still garb. He couldnt even wait for reaper to end before he was dead in most cases rofl.
    4. I have a video of me (my storm being full josd, 24k pdef selfbuffed) getting even oneshot through reaper form after Subsea/mire by a josd sin (only had 57k pdef left after mire so I guess thats ok LOL!) No other full josd class comes even close oneshotting another josd class without massive debuffs. But k. Sins should be able to because they are the only DD class in the game, right? Suuuuurrrrreeeee...

If you guys just suck too much at playing sin why dont you just quit the game ffs and stop derailing this thread with your nonsense. You have not played all classes. you dont know all perspectives. So please, I ask you again. Just shut up.

I really dont wanna be rude but you guys dont seem to understand it any other way. It seems impossible to get the thought into your heads that you are wrong.

Off-Topic on topic: On a server in which there were no deities and mainly only def lvl3 stones...on which assassins att lvl bonus from r9 was removed entirely and pain still managed to beat nearly anyone on that server, including seeker, bms and Barbs. Since there were no deity he had alot less attack power then what is possible on average on pwi. also, no homestead skills. Going by your logic..if we apply the nerfs I suggest it would be impossible to kill HA classes...well duh!? Obviously not. Learn how to CC and you can beat anyone as a sin. ANYONE. 40 attack leve, tidal, a bit of base damage..that is also to help the skill-less people to lend a kill as well.

you are the one crying. I have every class over half are full r93. you know what i stick to wizz. even tho db is way more cheating then a sin will ever be and does more damage. period. we can pull vids all day arguing. but at the end of the day you are literally crying over a skill they have from the start. sins arent super op , DB's are. you even admit it and let it go as if they are supposed to be like that. I can upload a vid with a db g16 +7 with +4 r93 wpn that i jsut give up on. and i have almsot 500 more spirit. thats how broke dbs are.

if anything honestly should be nerfed removed, its defense charms.

also bringing up pservers isnt allowed and has no bearing on official servers.

#UnNerf wizzs

edit: oh yea and ever since i got crit damage reduction , i havent been getting one shot by end game sins that are np anymore. granted im only 102/102/103 on wizz with inner devil set and dot/diety. if i was josd i wouldnt even blink at damage

• jsxshadow
    @doods00 I dunno about your server..but I really get a bad feeling here.

People wanna tell me that a sins damage isnt that bad when I got hit by a full josd sin for over 20k in reaper form (115 def lvl/ 60 pdef including the passive 23% damage reduction from close ranged damage). A Josd Sin.

Could it be that you guys can tank sins damage easily when its just a freshly cashed sin with 3x101, no nueme, no meridian, no title, only half the passive skills..because that is what it sounds like. Yeah if a sin like that attacks me I barely get hit for 10k zerkcrits. Hardly equal gears tho.

I promise you..any half-decent sin with 200 attack level and 40k base damage can oneshot you with a random zerkcrit if he hits you out of a def charm.

As for Duskblades..yeah, I've also said it many times before..we need a counter to paralyze. Currently only the tankiest classes can beat a duskblade (a good one) but then again..if its a bad duskblade you can kill him with any class. Dusks cant just oneshot you out of stealth. Even my beloved Quad-interrupt combo needs some setup. Duskblades need at least basic skill to win and need to know their class 100% to be OP. Sins need to press a skill to kill most people if they are lucky. Good luck trying that on any other class.

@dregenfox Mostly yes, but I disagree on the deity sin part. I have videos of my entire squad needing to chase Paparazzi around for over a minute (when he was deity) and he just wouldnt die because every CC failed and yes even if one hit..it didnt chain and he could stealth/ulti away.

When people say sins would be useless when tidal is gone then I want to know what the other classes do, without tidal? Archer getting into para lock without genie -> Dead, Duskblades -> Dead, Any caster -> Dead, if we are talking 10 people then even Seeker, Barbs and BMs -> Dead. Only assassins have a chance to get away. No.

They can play more carefully and actually use their stealth skills, Mazen, Apo and genie the way any other melee class has to to stay alive. Tidal is pretty much a wild card. For 1 class. It can get more unfair.

The main proof to remove tidal is: Show me a single sin that goes out of stealth with tidal on around 4-5 people and instantely thinks "oh I have to watch my genie in case I need it...or my apo". Nope. 99.9% start to actually think about their surroundings when they get attacked by 10+ people or when tidal is down. Semi-ok sins even react when they feel tidal is about to end. WOW.

Tidal is the biggest noob-skill any MMORPG has ever seen. I dont even know why people still argue about that. even without it..sins are far from being the worst class in any scenario. Hence, away with it.
  • dregenfox

People wanna tell me that a sins damage isnt that bad when I got hit by a full josd sin for over 20k in reaper form (115 def lvl/ 60 pdef including the passive 23% damage reduction from close ranged damage). A Josd Sin.

Could it be that you guys can tank sins damage easily when its just a freshly cashed sin with 3x101, no nueme, no meridian, no title, only half the passive skills..because that is what it sounds like. Yeah if a sin like that attacks me I barely get hit for 10k zerkcrits. Hardly equal gears tho.

I promise you..any half-decent sin with 200 attack level and 40k base damage can oneshot you with a random zerkcrit if he hits you out of a def charm.

As for Duskblades..yeah, I've also said it many times before..we need a counter to paralyze. Currently only the tankiest classes can beat a duskblade (a good one) but then again..if its a bad duskblade you can kill him with any class. Dusks cant just oneshot you out of stealth. Even my beloved Quad-interrupt combo needs some setup. Duskblades need at least basic skill to win and need to know their class 100% to be OP. Sins need to press a skill to kill most people if they are lucky. Good luck trying that on any other class.

@dregenfox Mostly yes, but I disagree on the deity sin part. I have videos of my entire squad needing to chase Paparazzi around for over a minute (when he was deity) and he just wouldnt die because every CC failed and yes even if one hit..it didnt chain and he could stealth/ulti away.

When people say sins would be useless when tidal is gone then I want to know what the other classes do, without tidal? Archer getting into para lock without genie -> Dead, Duskblades -> Dead, Any caster -> Dead, if we are talking 10 people then even Seeker, Barbs and BMs -> Dead. Only assassins have a chance to get away. No.

They can play more carefully and actually use their stealth skills, Mazen, Apo and genie the way any other melee class has to to stay alive. Tidal is pretty much a wild card. For 1 class. It can get more unfair.

The main proof to remove tidal is: Show me a single sin that goes out of stealth with tidal on around 4-5 people and instantely thinks "oh I have to watch my genie in case I need it...or my apo". Nope. 99.9% start to actually think about their surroundings when they get attacked by 10+ people or when tidal is down. Semi-ok sins even react when they feel tidal is about to end. WOW.

Tidal is the biggest noob-skill any MMORPG has ever seen. I dont even know why people still argue about that. even without it..sins are far from being the worst class in any scenario. Hence, away with it.

You're using one-time anecdotes to refute entire facts...it's not rare for even an arcane class like wizards to be able to kite and run away from an entire squad for over a minute.

Sins became hard to kill because tidal lets them freely spam defense charms without interruption and immune whenever they want. CC not only stops immunities, it also stops every other defense except genie.

Sins were actually balanced - even with tidal - early during primal map release when they couldn't use double-tick charms on demand and didn't have primal skills.
  • doods00
    dregenfox wrote: »

You're using one-time anecdotes to refute entire facts...it's not rare for even an arcane class like wizards to be able to kite and run away from an entire squad for over a minute.

i can take the hits before running, you guy are acting like u die instantly not even able to react. you gear blows???? and i have lots of vids as an "under geared" player and i have less trouble then what you all describe.

wizzes relies on our wpn to proc. we have no anti lock or run skills like other classes. otherwise its jump.

archers have a way highers kiting ability as do sb's and dbs , hell bms, in fact almost all other classess are better at kiting im not sure what your trying to point out.

Sins became hard to kill because tidal lets them freely spam defense charms without interruption and immune whenever they want. CC not only stops immunities, it also stops every other defense except genie.

except its not 100% its 66% you guys act like nothing ever gets through and thats not even close to true.

Sins were actually balanced - even with tidal - early during primal map release when they couldn't use double-tick charms on demand and didn't have primal skills.

sins as far as balance goes are the not even close to the most unbalanced. they are about third to 4th on the list.

• dregenfox

i can take the hits before running, you guy are acting like u die instantly not even able to react. you gear blows???? and i have lots of vids as an "under geared" player and i have less trouble then what you all describe.

wizzes relies on our wpn to proc. we have no anti lock or run skills like other classes. otherwise its jump.

archers have a way highers kiting ability as do sb's and dbs , hell bms, in fact almost all other classess are better at kiting im not sure what your trying to point out.

except its not 100% its 66% you guys act like nothing ever gets through and thats not even close to true.

sins as far as balance goes are the not even close to the most unbalanced. they are about third to 4th on the list.

In what world are wizards one of the worst kiting classes? Stealth-leap on 10s cooldown was an amazing buff to wizard kiting, and they have an on-demand insta-seal + freeze. Plenty of classes like mystics, clerics, seekers, and psychics, are all inferior to wizards in kiting ability.
  • doods00
    stealth leap is only so useful and only good on flat land. otherwise all too often you get airlocked. will of force is useful but again not as awesome as you make it sound. I also said half the classess are better not all. =)
  • dregenfox
    edited January 2017
    stealth leap is only so useful and only good on flat land. otherwise all too often you get airlocked. will of force is useful but again not as awesome as you make it sound. I also said half the classess are better not all. =)

Archer and BM also both depend on multiple leaps as part of their kiting, same for sins. So they suffer from the exact same thing. In fact the stealth from wiz leap often lets you land and start casting before the opponent can properly track you again, which is not the case with other leaps.

I also don't know how "almost all other classes" translates into "half".
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    my class kites like the titanic fox-35.gif​​
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    What's kiting? Are you telling me there's classes that can still move when being attacked?
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    If its anything other than that sinking feeling you get when youre sucked into a vortex and paralysed, idk either @dingo488
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    dingo488 wrote: »
    What's kiting? Are you telling me there's classes that can attack while still moving?

*cough* stormbringers *cough*
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    csquared5 wrote: »
    dingo488 wrote: »
    What's kiting? Are you telling me there's classes that can attack while still moving?

*cough* stormbringers *cough*

The one and only and I hope it never changes.
    giphy.gif

• jsxshadow

If those issues would be one-time things I wouldn tmind at all. Everytime I watch any video of Syntheros, Wicked, Shaka, Crygol , literally every Assassin that has ever recorded Mass-PvP I can see why tidal needs to be removed. Also in literally every video you see such a sin surviving situations (many many times) that they wouldn't have even dreamt about surviving if they did not have Tidal. Watch videos of other classes...caster as such...if genie is off and you get paralyzed while 2 or more people hit you then you are dead in 99% of all cases unless you are ultra-lucky.

Just WTF guys. Watch the god damn videos.

IF a player is careless and gets CCed + AA'ed by an entire groud they have to be punished for that aka die. NO matter the class, NO matter the gear. IF CC is applied appropriately then there shouldnt be a way out. I dont see a reason why Sins shoul dbe the only exception. Nope. Unfair af.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    The one and only and I hope it never changes.

Whaaaat, I actually hate that classes cant move while attacking. Feels so **** to play a melee class but having to stop moving before u can attack, because if your target is moving that means when you're done moving and are ready to attack you're no longer in range so have to once again start moving!!!

Add 300 ping in the mix and you can literally never, ever hit a target when he's still walking (thank god whirlwind exists, too bad I'm FORCED to use it to hit someone) :( wtf is this crappy melee combat

• elcopete94
    elcopete94 Posts: 56 Arc User
    How many skills sb its able to cast while moving?
  • bboycraze
    bboycraze Posts: 38 Arc User
  • blazerboy
    The amount isn't even a big deal since near all of them have pretty quick CD
  • blazerboy
    I do wish Sins in tidal was registered as a transform state so they can't swap wep and blessing. Like if storm/db go atk blessing and wep in reaper form they run risk if CCed they can be easily deleted wish Sins had his drawback too instead of swapping blessing/wep and then easily able to kite b4 tidal off with full def up. It would be pretty fair if treated the same. It's safe to assume other classes like barb veno cleric also must adhere to these limitations aswell it wouldn't be unfair if sins do.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Am i really the only one who isnt that bothered by sins? Playing AA class
  • blazerboy
    @shopcheese ofc mainly because since purify spell wasn't made directly in contrast to them but next update when they have paralyze you and many who claim them manageable will see
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Not saying paralyze wont be powerful on sin next update. I were talking about right now in current meta, as people say they are too overpowered already, which i honestly dont feel.
  • jsxshadow
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Not saying paralyze wont be powerful on sin next update. I were talking about right now in current meta, as people say they are too overpowered already, which i honestly dont feel.

Assassins can kill equally geared LA, AA classes with 1 skill alone in the current Meta.

Maybe they need to land a zerkcrit on the last hit of Cursed Jail/Elimination to do that...but they can. Any other class can kill any other, equally geared class with just 1 skill? Nope. Where is the thing you don't feel about sins being OP exactly? Cause I cant see that.

Assassins can also live longer than any other class in the game due to tidal in the current Meta.

Maybe its luck again BUT they can. Any other class can't to this extent, luck or not.

People who think that sins are not broken just need to compare it to all the other classes and see what they can do or rather can't. It's so easy.
This discussion has been closed.