I am disappoint

dingo488
dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
edited January 2017 in General Discussion
We ask for something with what I think very good explaination as to why we should have it, and it gets explained to us that we can't have it, with in turn a very reasonable explaination. China doesn't want us to speed up how fast you go through content.

And then we end up getting it anyway.
9UU3daY.png
(talking about the ancient gifts (and bloods) here)

Charge rewards, spend rewards. While I think this is by no means worthy of a charge/spend reward. It's hard to explain, maybe I'm greedy, I'm just really disappointed that even the minor QoL things people really want to see become more available just get dumped into the money machine.

Next we can get a new ingame engine , only 10000 gold!
Immunity to Stormbringer vortex, only 5000 gold!

Comments

• therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    dingo488 wrote: »
    We ask for something with what I think very good explaination as to why we should have it, and it gets explained to us that we can't have it, with in turn a very reasonable explaination. China doesn't want us to speed up how fast you go through content.

And then we end up getting it anyway.
    9UU3daY.png
    (talking about the ancient gifts (and bloods) here)

Charge rewards, spend rewards. While I think this is by no means worthy of a charge/spend reward. It's hard to explain, maybe I'm greedy, I'm just really disappointed that even the minor QoL things people really want to see become more available just get dumped into the money machine.

Next we can get a new ingame engine , only 10000 gold!
    Immunity to Stormbringer vortex, only 5000 gold!

talk about lame how can i use my points! http://imgur.com/a/AAdK6
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2017
    I feel like I've said this once already in regards to the bloods, but promos are the only bypasses they'll allow. They still expressly do not want them in the boutique and strongly cautioned the use of Ancient Gifts, to be done sparingly.

We've also after this, have to slow down the amount of Bloods going though promos as CN still does not want to impact dailies too heavily. Primordial Bloods had an uptick in availability through the Santa event (which I left running longer so players can access it) And I'm bringing in Twilight Survivor here shortly (for players to obtain Barbaric Bloods). And of course, so long as these items are whitelisted, I can start slipping them into codes for players throughout the year. I'm hoping I won't receive huge push back from putting in Invite a Friend from CN, so I'd still like to give the option of obtaining them in-game to players. It's a slow process for sure :(

I've also drafted up the proposals now to see if CN will create exchanges for buffs like the Ancient Gifts etc. and am hoping to provide these detailed proposals to them for review. This is also why you haven't seen me posting frequently during my work hours - to create these proposals and explanations as to why these changes will have a positive impact on our version.

@therev How odd! I'll throw out a line to see what's up!

EDIT : I can see the promo live when visiting the page in browser - but you cant see it in Arc client?

Here's what I'm seeing :

ayq4iahluv5i.png

If you see something different when you go in browser let me know!
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    oddly enough im not even getting that still the same for me http://imgur.com/a/1EBcS
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    I feel like I've said this once already in regards to the bloods, but promos are the only bypasses they'll allow. They still expressly do not want them in the boutique and strongly cautioned the use of Ancient Gifts, to be done sparingly.

We've also after this, have to slow down the amount of Bloods going though promos as CN still does not want to impact dailies too heavily. Primordial Bloods had an uptick in availability through the Santa event (which I left running longer so players can access it) And I'm bringing in Twilight Survivor here shortly (for players to obtain Barbaric Bloods). And of course, so long as these items are whitelisted, I can start slipping them into codes for players throughout the year. I'm hoping I won't receive huge push back from putting in Invite a Friend from CN, so I'd still like to give the option of obtaining them in-game to players. It's a slow process for sure :(

I've also drafted up the proposals now to see if CN will create exchanges for buffs like the Ancient Gifts etc. and am hoping to provide these detailed proposals to them for review. This is also why you haven't seen me posting frequently during my work hours - to create these proposals and explanations as to why these changes will have a positive impact on our version.

@therev How odd! I'll throw out a line to see what's up!

EDIT : I can see the promo live when visiting the page in browser - but you cant see it in Arc client?

Here's what I'm seeing :

ayq4iahluv5i.png

If you see something different when you go in browser let me know!

@therev is obviously trolling, look at their points, 1231234 which = 1.2M $ charged, just not real.

Anyways, idk if it's PWE or CN but you're killing us here. They don't want to impact the dailies because that's the way the beast behaves, MMORPGs are supposed to waste your time and hook you up so that you come back everyday, which I get, but you also have to reward people, else they won't come back anymore when the game starts to feel more like a burden than a fun experience.

I really, really thank you @kalystconquerer#0876 for trying to do stuff for us, but this is garbage :| and I know it isn't even your fault, but CN needs to understand we have a different culture and we expect different things from this game than what their playerbase in China does. Plus, one of the biggest issues about this isn't even the time it takes to max your sky lvl or wtv, it's because people feel it's unfair due to the fact there's still people running around with hundreds of ancient gifts, even I have hundreds still... It's one of those situations where you pretty much flash a bone in front of a dog's face and then hide it forever.
    It is unfair even more because if these ancient gifts were obtained through some hard work it'd be like, meh, but nope, most of us, myself included, got them through alts mostly or by filling our FL with inactive friends that we knew wouldn't play anymore. At this point, to be honest, I feel you should just either REMOVE the ancient gifts from everyone (myself included) or hand them out to everyone, otherwise this constant bickering won't stop.

Sidenote about something that has been on my mind that is kinda off-topic: This game has become simply dumb because even up to r9 you could farm your way up through dedication and a bit of effort, but now? When you have things that cost 20 billion to get or take 17 years to farm, you know your game became stupid, ijs. Looking at G17, cash 5k$ and even then hope and pray people get zenith skulls or GTFO, or farm it all yourself in just a wonderful 17 years.
    Then, not only this, but now we'll get even more gear and more **** that will prob costs thousands of dollars more... I understand, you should not clear an MMO, that's not how it's supposed to work, an MMO should have no end, but at least when you put in more content don't make it stupid overpriced or that will take 17 years to get... That's the problem with PWI currently, everything costs too much and after you pay for your costly things another set of even more expensive stuff comes out which makes your previous expensive thing useless. BTW, PWCN doesn't have our NW rings and the new G17 rings coming can only be upgraded from previous ones, just wait around for the wave of QQ coming on the next expansion, have fun with it :x

Mr. Justice
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,797 Community Moderator
    @kalystconquerer#0876

The invite a friend is kinda (hum... lets be blunt) Rubbish. It only lets people know they are wanted back ingame via ingame. So you would not even know if others have sent you one or about any updates to the game if you have stopped playing...

Its nice to get the items but a better way would be to advertise the game a little. If you remember the jones blessing Facebook connect... NOT that but something like that would be useful to bring some new players into the game and may be some old players back. Sorry just a suggestion as its hard not being able to get my ideas and points across sometimes.​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @nbreaking Yeah there's been alot of back and forth especially in regards to Invite a Friend specifically here. If it ran one more time, I'd probably not want to do it again since there are people who do not use the feature as intended. I hope players will understand, since I would like to work on better ways to get these out other than the current methods. I'm not sure how well a mass purge would go over with the playerbase of a single item. We're looking at a few different solutions to the vitae problem that doesn't just solely revolve around limited in game means/buffs or money related alternatives.

The grind that's been implemented for our market doesn't translate well, so we're addressing these concerns with CN. While we propose ways to make the grind not so impossible though the in-game, we can do changes on our end that are more proactive and immediate.

If the ring upgrades are not present for the NW rings, we can ask them to add these in as an option but when we make that change, it might not happen until after the next content update (not this coming one). I'll definitely send off an email about it today though, but I won't get an answer back until at least after the Lunar New Year. Should be a sensible addition!

@heero200 I'd like to definitely do something for the upcoming expansion, but not in a way that will cause a huge storm like other...previous campaigns, shall we say. I'll need to do a bit of research on how that Facebook campaign went and see what can be optimized. Obviously, need to do something that's not a Jones Blessing. Still have some time before then to plan that out!
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    All I have to say is that it seems absolutely comical when China is saying they "have to closely control the supply of high value items like Zenith skulls and ancient gifts". If by closely control, you mean players getting maybe ONE zenith skull after 6 months of farming, then yeah, sure, it's closely controlled. Or some players having 100 ancient gifts while others were forced to do with nothing.

Zenith skulls are essentially a non-factor in PWI. These items might as well not exist.

Actually, what exactly is the point of even having unfarmable and unobtainable items like G17r5 in the game?

TT and nirvana weapons are the perfect example of time invested/return ratio. G17R3 is too, if it was made to be equal or stronger than R9rrr. G17r5 is beyond the point of reason.
  • sherlockhom
    sherlockhom Posts: 5 Arc User
    65 gold for something that some roques are getting illegally for months now o:)
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    sure pay 65 gold for 1 hour exp buff
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    I charged 30 and left it at that :p
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    It's a spend reward...you guys realize you aren't actually paying 65 gold for ancient gift right? You have to buy things in the boutique, and it's just a bonus. (I just bought some ocean orbs and only found out about the spend reward when I got the mail).

Regardless, the 35 gold reward is nice, but the 2 ancient gifts is really only worth it for people who intend to merchant...they are way too overvalued.
  • sirkura#6424
    sirkura#6424 Posts: 37 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Perhaps next promotion you can try to make the 65$ reward the legacy mark? If it can be approved by CN, I think its a more rewarding for charging that much so players would be more likely to spend for it. Ancient gifts were handed out like candy during the invite a friend. Causing the value to drop considerably. Its just not worth spending that much money to get 2.
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Someone have hundreds Ancient Gifts for FREE from Invite the Friend while all others should pay 65 Gold to get 2 Ancient Gifts. It's lame and ridiculous. Especially new classes got screwed more than others.