Nerfed Mirage Drops

eirghan
eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
edited January 2017 in General Discussion
What is with the huge nerf in mirage supply?

PWCN discontinued the nirvana token supply in our version and removed fairy boxes from Twilight Temple. To offset this they increased the mirage reward by something like 15 mirages per BH reward? But the drop rate of this is still only 20% whereas before, arcanes could receive mirages 100% chance, even if it was a smaller quantity. I also suspect drop rate was reduced here since war avatar orders were added to the RNG, but I am not 100% sure :(

PWCN moved fairy boxes to UCH. Four reasons this is a supply nerf compared to Twilight Temple. One: UCH takes rebirth 2 to farm. Two: It has a higher gear requirement. Three: You NEED a squad to complete it. And Four: Other than neumas there is little reason to farm UCH. I would actually hazard no one would do it really anyway if g17 were heavily farmed just because the amount of effort to farm UCH. And for mirages alone... Well thats only half the equation. You still have to farm the keys!

Then, the last patch or so I see that EU rewards have been nerfed significantly. IIRC, previous drop rate of Mirage from reward was 80%. Now it's down to 15% here as well which was personally my main way of getting mirages.

The only quest rewards seem to be 12 mirages (RNG) get from a 2 hour delta run, 5 mirages from nirvana (RNG), and the only gaurenteed reward seems to be an NPC that is either an event NPC or one that doesnt exist in our version. Or you can get 1 mirage from doing world quest for 2 hours fox-18.gif

Twilight Temple East Arch went from hundreds of thousands of mirages down to about 20k total. Most shops are only buying.

Trying to farm them yourself is a practice in patience. I did 12 (count them, TWELVE) characters through BH EU yesterday. Between the BH rewards and EU rewards I got 23 mirages. (3 of them were from drops from the bosses)

TL;DR What do fox-32.gif
@kalystconquerer#0876 can we have these implemented somewhere else as a reward?
​​

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Mirages where increased by 10 to 60 if you get that reward... Unless they have changed this and I got 60 Mirages the other day from my BH rewards... Feel free to quote me if im wrong...

Here is the BH 100+ rewards. BH 100+ Quest Rewards.

Same with chips...​​
  • eirghan
    heero200 wrote: »
    Mirages where increased by 10 to 60 if you get that reward... Unless they have changed this and I got 60 Mirages the other day from my BH rewards... Feel free to quote me if im wrong...

Same with chips...

Ah ok it was increased by ten then, not fifteen? I cant remember. Anyway yes, that is the same link I have in my post I believe.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    eirghan wrote: »
    heero200 wrote: »

Same with chips...

Ah ok it was increased by ten then, not fifteen? I cant remember. Anyway yes, that is the same link I have in my post I believe.

you could be right about it being 15+ my friend says it was 45. Either way I cant remember. Ill bet a lot of people are storing them as they have drooped below 10k market value on some servers. I know I keep all the ones I get. If their is a demand for them ill bet shops get them and they sell in the few mins they put them for resale.​​
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    We have well over 100k (Even close to 200-250k) for sale on Etherblade at the moment of this post. While I agree we do really need a way to get these in a more frequent manner, I dont have an issue with the supply :smile:

But yeah, maybe put a reward of like a 200 for completing Nirvana daily. Instance is revived AND people get mirages xD
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Supply and demand i guess, they are not so high on other servers. Do jungle ruins u can get a lot of mirages from that.
    m5arXCN.png
  • heerohex#3018
    Well they are cheaper since they removed the npc price. Mostly...
  • sirkura#6424
    sirkura#6424 Posts: 37 Arc User
    maybe that means fragmant celestones will be useful again >.> currently there is 0 use for these stones having their price nerfed, and mirages being available in many other ways. Anyone remember when mirages used to be around 50-75k each? And only obtainable by combining 30 fragments from quests? count your blessings <.<
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    Why did they even remove the npc price?
    That npc price added value to recieving it as a bh reward imo. If you didn't get a exctasy or and exitement card at least those mirages were guaranteed 10k each each : /
  • eirghan
    Idk maybe tt. Needs a larger population of bh/event going individuals but man. No mirages, no refine.

Gonna have to dig up my alt with fragments and start making some that way :neutral:
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    What in the world...

I guess I don't notice it that badly since I poke around Etherblade, but I'm sure that won't last long once players start realizing the supplies could potentially run thin. Do people still decomp OHT gears for Mirages?

That NPC you mentioned actually exists since that's why I didn't get to this thread right away - I was looking for him. Turns out, he's by the Dragon's Conquest NPC, but the medals you need to start the quest... I'm unsure of where and how you get one http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/39773 Not very helpful in this case. Guess this will be another one of those things I need to note down as "things we should discuss with CN to provide an International version fix".
  • n3murinomori
    n3murinomori Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    How was the NPC price removed ? i see its 100k instead of 20k or what not it was before .

later edit : to craft the mirages ... i taught that was the price removed .
    Post edited by n3murinomori on
    TheGreatKhan of DawnGlory
    sadasdds.png
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    The NPC price for mirages was 10k. Now there is no price. So they no longer sell to an npc for 10k.
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    What in the world...

I guess I don't notice it that badly since I poke around Etherblade, but I'm sure that won't last long once players start realizing the supplies could potentially run thin. Do people still decomp OHT gears for Mirages?

The amount of Mirages we got once for 3* OHT gear was very, very low anyway, I suppose that's why they changed it years ago and we get Perfect Stones instead now. It was a good change. The only thing which is still useless (since they introduced nation wars/ cheap warsong materials) are Purified Perfect Stones (you get them for decomposing 1* oht gear).

I'm also on TT server and can't see a high demand on Mirages. Price is just 13-14k each (the shops sell them at the Elder of Archosaur).
    I have over 5000 Mirages by myself (didn't sell them because the price was low all the time), to me it's not worth to sell, I just keep them for fun to refine gear of alts - since I still have thousands of free Tienkangs and Tishas (from event shop). I'm a non-CSer and just took all the "free event gold opportunities" we got over the last few years.

Please don't flood the servers with Mirages, you would only destroy the value of those.
    Please check the infos you get by players in forum by yourself befor you make decisions.

• heerohex#3018
    It's interesting to see different servers in different positions on this.

May have to have a closer look.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    How was the NPC price removed ? i see its 100k instead of 20k or what not it was before .
    The NPC price for mirages was 10k. Now there is no price. So they no longer sell to an npc for 10k.

PW-CN removed mirage price because after they removed the DQ prices, the bots just got better and they were farming TT for mats and mirages. The huge bot issue in PW-CN is exactly why our drops got nerfed.
    Sadly, they don't do any better in the fight against bots here. Most likely because most people don't bother/are too stupid to report it, and even when someone does, the staffing for the support team is pathetic.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eirghan
    Eh i see some with the position of letting mirages increase price for farmers... Thing is mirages are so tedious to farm or so dependant on bad rng (20% or less) it kinda sucks. The main thing is if mirages are left to increase in price soon you will be stuck paying the millions upon millions for orbs.

To clarify, we are not yet at a point where servers are crying for mirages and price is increased drastically. But with the constant nerf to mirage drops i believe its only a matter of time before we get there and personally id rather not have one more expensive aspect of gearing up in the game. Mirages for rng refining were one of, if not the only thing that with a bit of luck was manageable cost wise for gear
  • heerohex#3018
    @kalystconquerer#0876

Ea, Tw, Da are all ok for mirages and with in reasonable costs buy and sell. Ea was the cheapest selling at under 10K the others are selling for 13K+ weard ay.

However Ti is in something of a different story with this. I could only find about 3/4 shops selling them with around 3ks worth. May be worth doing a datapull on this item to see if its as bad as it looks. otherwise it could just be 1 Server which would be harsh if you did something that would affect the other servers.​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    We can't unfortunately make changes that only would affect one server in this way, system changes would be most likely across the board. I'll probably check and see if we can do a datapull on this item first across all servers to compare. Obviously, we could have some variance due to abandoned accounts or dusty faction banks, but it's a start.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Take some of our alt armies from Etherblade, your supply will skyrocket tiger-37.gif​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • classicbeauty
    classicbeauty Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    edit : Nvm, it is late, I should read better before i post, sorry
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    @classicbeauty I didn't decomp OHT gear in a while but if my memory serves right only purple gear gives mirages when decomposed, but nothing significant :T​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • classicbeauty
    classicbeauty Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    again, sorry, and you may be correct Pixelheart, Im just soo tired, I will sneak out of the forums now, good night
  • eirghan
    edited January 2017
    Iirc its 1 Mirage per decomp now.... But i havent done my oht mats in a good.... 6months. Mostly cuz ofll that reason. Lol. And laziness.

I dont think its a good idea to adjust anything if not all servers are feeling the crunch. However, we had years and years of free supply. The rate at which new gear is made for new characters, the quantity of active players before and now, along with the activities we parttake in as servers all of course affect mirage supply and demand. I only ask we keep an eye on it in case other servers follow this trend if possible, just because sky rocketing mirages, if not intentional, is something id rather not suffer.

I know thats a runon sentence but too lazy to fix xD

Until then i will watch for raising prices in tt for when its worth to farm mirages again :/
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Being on TT server, this is rather good news for me.
    I would love to see the mirage price go up.

There really isnt anything to farm on the server anymore, and even merching/selling stuffs in the catshop are becoming harder. If mirages will be the new thing to farm ill be happy with it. At least i can get money again.

Please do not increase the mirage rewards so we can farm something thats worth money.
    Post edited by shopcheese on