How is the game doing now?

Options
avish77
avish77 Posts: 13 Arc User
It has been quite a long time since I stopped playing this game. Got really busy with school and other stuff. After the announcement of the new expansion, I want to try it again. How has things changed over the years? I remember having a level 72 psychic (I wonder if they deleted my characters) and all I had to do was bounty hunters everyday and it got too boring. How is the player base now? Will I find enough players of my level range? Have they introduced any new quests for level up other than repetitive BHs? Considering I am a free player, which is the best class to play now? Also, I am not a PVP person.

Comments

• avish77
    Options
    Okay so right now I checked the servers and these weren't there when I used to play. I had my characters in a server called Raging Tide. Are my characters wiped now?
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    avish77 wrote: »
    Okay so right now I checked the servers and these weren't there when I used to play. I had my characters in a server called Raging Tide. Are my characters wiped now?

I think your character is still there. You just need to log into the correct server your old server merged into then prepared to be awestruck at the changes. It will feel like you're starting over again.
  • avish77
    Options
    Yup, I was watching a video on YouTube and the guy started as a cleric. Plume City is changed, even the music!! As I was asking, what the present scenario of the game? Will I find new players at starter zones?
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Options
    Yes you will find players at the starter zone Celestial Vale, as all toons start there now.
    It's hard to find squads for anything for any content under level 80. You said your psy is 72 so that shouldn't be too much of a problem for too long.
    Try to find an active enough faction and you could enjoy your time back here : )
  • hypereccentrik
    Options
    Oh and if your into solo play, I believe the best class to start new would be a Stormbringer as you can pretty much solo most content at level.
  • avish77
    Options
    Did you mean the previous starting zones are not there anymore? I miss Plume and that tideborn area.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    Did you mean the previous starting zones are not there anymore? I miss Plume and that tideborn area.

The zones are there but you do not start there anymore. You start in Celestial Vale and when you finish the quests there( you will be lvl 20 when that will happen) you can teleport in what was the old starting zones.
    giphy.gif

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options

They are still there and you still do quests on them. The enemies are harder there now (lvl 20ish) and quests give more exp because now everyone starts at the celestial vale. Once you're done with the celestial vale you still get teleported to your race's city and can do quests there.

If you are looking for a faction BTW, check out Vengeance in Tideswell (Tideswell = Dreamweaver and Raging Tide after the merge)

Mr. Justice
  • lifelike911
    lifelike911 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    Considering I am a free player

I suggest you look for another game, all things is about dalies and cash.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Options
    It has been quite a long time since I stopped playing this game. Got really busy with school and other stuff. After the announcement of the new expansion, I want to try it again. How has things changed over the years? I remember having a level 72 psychic (I wonder if they deleted my characters) and all I had to do was bounty hunters everyday and it got too boring. How is the player base now? Will I find enough players of my level range? Have they introduced any new quests for level up other than repetitive BHs? Considering I am a free player, which is the best class to play now? Also, I am not a PVP person.

I'd suggest that you not even try. You are too far behind. You have to "reborn" now. Meaning, once you get to lvl 100+, you have to go back to lvl 1 and re-level all the way back to 100, with a big XP buff this time. Once you hit 100+ again, you have to go to lvl 1 AGAIN, and do it all over, again with an XP buff, but not as big as the other. You only have to do this if you want access to new parts of the game, and skills and stuff. Oh, and PWE still continues to **** up making most of the playerbase hate them. Read the forums to see their recent **** ups. They also screwed with most ways to farm coin as well.
    NGTUy53.png

• avish77
    Options
    Umm I can't really devote all my time to the game so I am not bothered about being a OP pvp guy or something.. I am just looking for a casual mmorpg to play during weekends. Any suggestions? It's better if there are some China themed mmorpgs. Tera Rising, ASTA online are banned here.
  • hypereccentrik
    Options
    The pve content here is fine and there's alot if it. Just log in and try it out.
  • avish77
    Options
    teabagg wrote: »
    I would advise maybe getting a hobby something productive like blacksmithing because its awesome.This monitor you stare at will just have you sitting and lvling up chins instead of cash or muscles..use the net for knowledge and not false brian wrinkles these games produce.

I am majoring in computer science engineering so I spend a good amount of time staring at the monitor that you are talking of.

• avish77
    Options
    The pve content here is fine and there's alot if it. Just log in and try it out.

Yup I am looking forward to it. Hopefully I will find some players to do quests together. :)
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Options

Yup I am looking forward to it. Hopefully I will find some players to do quests together. :)

The PvE aspect of the game is a joke. Not challenging at all. Even the newest instance can be run fairly quickly. I would suggest another game that isn't as heavily money driven, that is newer, and challenging.
    NGTUy53.png

• suzukmann
    suzukmann Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »

The PvE aspect of the game is a joke. Not challenging at all. Even the newest instance can be run fairly quickly. I would suggest another game that isn't as heavily money driven, that is newer, and challenging.

pve is a joke, IF and only IF you outgear it heavily ... ever done a tt 3-3 w/o r9 and aps? - have fun :)

• arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    For OP-If you aim is for casual I would say since you're not looking to heavily invest or anything or be competitive, there might be some PvE oriented factions on your server perhaps. Definitely find some old friends if they still play, find a new faction and jump right in. Even after I took a break and hand maybe a handful of old friends playing, I found that I was able to jump into a faction and start doing instances so I'm sure if you're friendly enough you won't have too many problems. Also when you Rebirth for the first time, you gain so much EXP from doing regular quests in the 70-90 range its quite silly, so I've find some pretty interesting story lines that I completely skipped over before (As I had started FCing back in the day around those levels and never actually did the quests in those areas). Plus there are dailies you get in the 80's range and 90's range that really speeds it up. Before you hit Rebirthing level though, I would say theres still some effort to be had, but PV should get you started on getting levels faster. I'm assuming you haven't entered Morai (?) yet as well, so you'll get a whole quest chain in there as well for levels 89-90+ Poke around guides and see what they've added since you've been gone.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    Options
    I have to echo what others have said about finding a good faction. I agree with the posters talking about the state of the game - it's rough at this point and a massive time/money sink to get yourself caught up with the majority of the playerbase (and even though I've done that, I still am miles behind the top pvp players and get destroyed by them). But as you say, this doesn't bother you, and your aim is to play more casually - then I think you can get some enjoyment out of pwi if you get a good faction. On Tideswell, for factions that (I think?) recruit lower-level players, I hear good things about NewEra (their leader, TigerKore, seems like a really nice person), and JEDI is a really great faction.

Try and get into some group runs with folks and learn how your class functions as part of a team. I encourage that because it's a quality that has really vanished from the newer parts of the playerbase since levelling has become so easy, and imo being an exceptionally good squad member is just a priceless thing and something I love to see in a player.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • thedarkness132
    thedarkness132 Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    ive just gotten back to the game after a year or so, and my lvl 65 is now gone from the servers. any idea how i could possibly get it back or should i just start over? (im aware that this post is old but still looking for answers)
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    ive just gotten back to the game after a year or so, and my lvl 65 is now gone from the servers. any idea how i could possibly get it back or should i just start over? (im aware that this post is old but still looking for answers)

I'm necroing to tell you that your post is a necro.

Anyways, your character should be there, PWE holds onto toons for 1 year, after that they MAY or MAY NOT hold onto your toons if they are inactive. However, to be honest, never heard of anyone actually having their toons deleted. One of my accounts was inactive for 4 years and when i logged it was still there, so, just try all servers making sure you have the right username and password. If it's not there, then yeah, start over, you can easily get to 65 in 1 day if you play heavily, 3 days if you play like just 2-3h a day and know where to go and what to do, so, not that difficult since the game made it a lot easier to lvl now.

Mr. Justice
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Ahhh super necro = I'll go ahead and close this topic.
This discussion has been closed.