xTW Reward (Dragon Coins)

xxxthekidxxx
xxxthekidxxx Posts: 38 Arc User
edited January 2017 in General Discussion
Hi everyone

Most of us have been xTWing for a long time and we have no further use for Dragon Coins.. atm.

It would be nice if you guys can make the xTW chams accessible to all of us once a day or something so we can use the Dragon Coins.

This way people can have fun pking using the chams or doing other things so the coins becomes usable, also this will give eveyone a reason to go to xTW.

This is just an idea, hope its possible to make it happen.

Comments

• kawaiiiine
    kawaiiiine Posts: 1 Arc User
    YAS PLEASE
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    Yes!
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    Put the npc that gives you the charms into the tw instance.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Alright so I'm checking the NPC in the database - from what I think I'm seeing, this guy that gives the charms is only in cross server and only hanging around during xTW itself? For reference http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/33856 this is the one I think players are referring to?

I could do a datapull perhaps to check the total storage of the coins, but just to get a feel on the ballpark - how many people have a surplus of said coins?
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    At this point I have 5000 ish of the coins.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    I don't remember how many Dragonlord coins I have exactly, but I do remember I have two stacks.
  • ebisama
    ebisama Posts: 29 Arc User
    it would be amazing if we could also get inktdragon bloods and morai pots for these coins for the duration of xtw
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Yea ppl on every server got a lot of them , if not for charms it woudnt be a bad idea to enable us to get inkdragon or something else with them.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    About 200-300 people on Twilight Temple should have at least a stack (9999) of them.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Alright so I'm checking the NPC in the database - from what I think I'm seeing, this guy that gives the charms is only in cross server and only hanging around during xTW itself? For reference http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/33856 this is the one I think players are referring to?

I could do a datapull perhaps to check the total storage of the coins, but just to get a feel on the ballpark - how many people have a surplus of said coins?

Thats the right NPC @kalystconquerer#0876 .

Current rewards for these coins are limited to two mounts, and the timed charms in xtw.

Most people have both types of mounts and a surplus of coins. I'd be interested to see if China has more rewards than we do? Would be nice to see more unique things added to the rewards, like sealed flyers or something. Idk. I would hope they have more than we do though otherwise I'm sure they would have the same surplus coinage xD

I came back to game months after xTW was released and I myself have the mounts and at least 5k coins sitting in my bank doing nothing.
    ​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I have about 3k worth.

Agreed but needs to be something consumable. Xtw pots may be dragons blood. The ones that increase sprit..

I can keep going
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User

I've only been attending xTW for about 5 months and I currently have 7800 coins. There's literally nothing useful to buy w/ these coins and no purpose other than to get a temporary 2 hour charm every week.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Just getting charms for xtw is not enough..besides..if I remember correctly..Domino said that there will be new options to turn in the coins in the future, not sure tho.

Would be nice to get those charms outside of xtw as well. You could also add Primordial Blood, Barbaric Blood, Inkdragons Blood, Ancient Gift. You know those consumables that every always needs.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I can totally get behind this idea
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Just getting charms for xtw is not enough..besides..if I remember correctly..Domino said that there will be new options to turn in the coins in the future, not sure tho.

Would be nice to get those charms outside of xtw as well. You could also add Primordial Blood, Barbaric Blood, Inkdragons Blood, Ancient Gift. You know those consumables that every always needs.

he did say that but you know how things can go. def would be nice to have more options.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see if China has more rewards than we do?​​

Last I heard they do not have any additional uses for the coins.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    @jsxshadow Ohhh did he? I don't think I was around as a player when that discussion came up. Adding consumables wouldn't be too bad. Would love to see if it can be a constant NPC as opposed to something summonable or something that doesn't last. They've created NPCs for us before to patch certain issues we had (blessing exchange agent) or added content specific to us ( The inventory master for our super inventory items), I just haven't gone though the full process myself yet.

If we're adding NPCs though, that'll not come until the next content update (not this coming one, but the next one).
  • jsxshadow
    edited January 2017
    @jsxshadow Ohhh did he? I don't think I was around as a player when that discussion came up. Adding consumables wouldn't be too bad. Would love to see if it can be a constant NPC as opposed to something summonable or something that doesn't last. They've created NPCs for us before to patch certain issues we had (blessing exchange agent) or added content specific to us ( The inventory master for our super inventory items), I just haven't gone though the full process myself yet.

If we're adding NPCs though, that'll not come until the next content update (not this coming one, but the next one).

Well then I suggest that you just reuse currently existing NPCs and just boost their merchant options for something we can exchange for the coins xD Adding Items to existing NPCs...is that something you can do without CN?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @jsxshadow I seem to recall either heroo or Sylentthunder basically explaining CN doesn't want PWI dabbling into the codes that's why they helicopter parent our version so much despite not taking gear differences into acc when coming up with stuff such as g17.5 and sins getting paralyze next patch. The fact this GM has been so helpful as of late and even orignj (forgot his name) is a blessing in itself. Kinda wish CN would just chill with that though for such simple things like this. I'd like these coins given the ability to make RW pots since most us NA players on DA get cheated out of that due to fact we have actual jobs while in xtw all other servers have it 100% of the time...
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • xxxthekidxxx
    xxxthekidxxx Posts: 38 Arc User
    Its nice to see people talking about this and adding their ideas, you guys are awesome. Keep up the good work and hopefully it will happen ;)
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    if you dont like to have a lot of these coins, stop doing xTW and give a chance to other guilds to win lands

problem solved
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    beast21g wrote: »
    if you dont like to have a lot of these coins, stop doing xTW and give a chance to other guilds to win lands

problem solved

Most factions don't do xTW to win or for rewards, they do it for fun because PK is starting to die on most servers so NW/xTW/local TW are the only consistent sources of fun PvP related. So no, problem not solved :)
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    beast21g wrote: »

problem solved

Most factions don't do xTW to win or for rewards, they do it for fun because PK is starting to die on most servers so NW/xTW/local TW are the only consistent sources of fun PvP related. So no, problem not solved :)
    ​​

well pvp died when all people merge in 2-3 guilds in every server cheers
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Well those factions might have had a better chance if the map actually would be reset once in a while.... lol

@kalystconquerer#0876 when will the xTW points (and eventually lands) be reset so the next xTW season can start?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @jsxshadow I wish - unfortunately no we can't edit existing NPCs, least not on our end. Would have to go through CN for these changes. And then it's a back and forth if we're editing guys who are always around versus NPC's that are just spawnable with a code and has to come with a proposal on what we want, exact exchange rates and why we think it's a good idea. So it's a pretty involved process.

@shopcheese I think I answered it in another thread, but it will be next month due to CN's New Year break (don't want to reset, have it not really work, and then have them come back to a huge fire) and to finalize all the changes I'd like to see in the prizing for next season to hopefully make it more lucrative.
  • jsxshadow
    @jsxshadow I wish - unfortunately no we can't edit existing NPCs, least not on our end. Would have to go through CN for these changes. And then it's a back and forth if we're editing guys who are always around versus NPC's that are just spawnable with a code and has to come with a proposal on what we want, exact exchange rates and why we think it's a good idea. So it's a pretty involved process.

@shopcheese I think I answered it in another thread, but it will be next month due to CN's New Year break (don't want to reset, have it not really work, and then have them come back to a huge fire) and to finalize all the changes I'd like to see in the prizing for next season to hopefully make it more lucrative.

I can kinda relate why so many before you gave up. Man, I don't understand why CN is so stubborn. They should send one dedicated Dev into your guys's office so that he can make changes to NPCs, Events, Items, etc... etc. Not only would that save tons of time on both ends, thus saving money like crazy but it would also satisfy the International Customers ALOT more. Waiting on CN for every little Boutique/Text update is excruciating.

Normally when you bring up money people become alot more cooperative in terms of changes. You guys should really have your boss talk some sense into CN. Like really, really. I know you share this frustration with us and I doubt it will change but if i could just know a legit, logical reason why they refuse to change that then I would be happy and many others as well. @kalystconquerer#0876 can you provide such an explanation? xD
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    All aspects get talked about, and that includes the money aspect. Because they're going to be creating custom content, they want to know as much details as possible and that everything has been taken into consideration.

I'm not so much concerned about myself giving up (I'm incredibly hard headed ha!), but I'm worried that the playerbase will give up on asking about the solution or just abandon opening up dialogues for important topics. When we have people on site from CN and when we talk to them, they get to see kind of what we're seeing over here. I'd definitely love for them to visit us more and vice versa!

And why they refuse to change? Do you mean the processes in place to get things done, or just for specific changes that players have been asking for from our side? Ha, one day I should sit down and talk about what are the things we can do without them and what we need them for.

Will hammer out a proposal when I have the chance though. So it's just the listed items so far, right? Inkdragons Blood, Ancient Gift, Plat HP/MP Charms (Though I might see if we can slip in the 30 Day Expiration ones or bound Plat Charms and make sure that they can not be combined) Bloods and Morai Pots (will need specifics though)...let me know if I missed anything else!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    cant you just have a script to spawn all the relevant NPCs for PWI...

So for Example Have them setup like you have but when the server starts it checks which verson of the NPCs to spawn based on this setup...

So IE PWCN server startup would spawn NPC 888,664,554,486,449 ETC (yes I know im making numbers)
    Where as PWI would Spawn NPC 881,555,487,501 ETC that way they could manage custom or local content easier...​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    :s if devs have ti manually spawn npcs after each maintenance......