EXPLOIT - Seeker Transposition

Comments

• aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    Hoorah's been pulling this in every TW back when they actually TW'ed. People ticketed then but PWI never did anything. This was at least 1 year back.

PWI seems extremely selective when it comes to enforcing their own TOS. False accusations get banned, guilty parties get suspended or not all. It depends on how many cash shoppers mass ticket to game the system. Kind of like the justice system.
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    darkonome wrote: »
    Stuff like this I see different to most. Ethics vs Law.

Exploits that are possible in the game are the fault of the designers/developers. You shouldn't slap bans on players doing what the game allows them to do. The solution is to change the code so it cannot be done.

It's like tax avoidance, if you don't like it, change the law. (see Panama Leaks)

Ethically, sure I agree it's stooping pretty low to resort to exploits like this to give yourself/your team an advantage, but such is life, such is free market capitalism.

I agree, but "Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 16, you agree not to take any of the following actions: [...] using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players".

Bug exploit is against the law.
    Being stuck in a wall or else is a bug.
    So making people get stuck is against the law.
    They deserve a ban for that.
    But yeah technically it's hard to prove.
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    Just got to point out that the mobs and bosses go in and out of the walls, trees and so on all the time. Guess they need a ban too? Who is to say it's a glitch? Aps was seen at a glitch at first too then the GMs said it wasn't so it wasn't. Until they say it is a glitch it might not be one. Btw, sins jump through walls and doors all the time, why are they not banned? For the same reason, it's not a glitch unless the GMs say it is and if it is that would mean they have to FIX IT. Sounds like work and we all know PWI will do as little of that as they can. Only took them 3 years to fix the Delta "Left behind" glitch...if you don't know what that is then you are new to the game!
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Do Devs ever read this?
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Just got to point out that the mobs and bosses go in and out of the walls, trees and so on all the time. Guess they need a ban too? Who is to say it's a glitch? Aps was seen at a glitch at first too then the GMs said it wasn't so it wasn't. Until they say it is a glitch it might not be one. Btw, sins jump through walls and doors all the time, why are they not banned? For the same reason, it's not a glitch unless the GMs say it is and if it is that would mean they have to FIX IT. Sounds like work and we all know PWI will do as little of that as they can. Only took them 3 years to fix the Delta "Left behind" glitch...if you don't know what that is then you are new to the game!

Back in the day GMs acknowledged that jumping through walls and such is a glitch and a banable offense. Look it up.

Putting people in which they cannot escape cept for using a port Stone or Town Portal is always a glitch and heavy bug abuse. Even if it wasnt a glitch its still bug abuse which is an even higher banable offense.

Also, as an analogy: If someone is raised on a lonely Island with only 3 other people and none of which ever told him not to kill people, would it be ok for him to just murder the other 3? Cause YOLO no one told me I shouldnt kill, so I might do it. Far fetched, I know. But when people see that using something gives them a massive, unfair advantage then they should just refrain from using it ffs.
  • lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    apart from the naming and shaming which is against forum rules, and even though i have never had this happen to me, i agree something needs to be done about it.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    ballenato wrote: »
    Do Devs ever read this?
    No, because they are in China. PWE is aware of the issue though, and has brought it up to them.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Trying to not make this a necro, but they have to do something about this. One seeker used transposition on my barb in last nights NW when I was delivering the flag and when I pmd him saying its pretty pathetic to use transposition on me to cheat, he pmd back telling me I must have jumped wrong.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    another seeker told me, why he cant use his skills?
    my answer was, using a skill to glitch people in wall or inside towers is stupid

by the way at least they must make it like TW when you have the catapult you cant be glitched, maybe something familiar when you have the flag
  • djhaunted
    djhaunted Posts: 5 Arc User
    MissMichHug does it to any Barb she sees in NW. It has happened to me multiple times as well, Roar.
  • djhaunted
    djhaunted Posts: 5 Arc User
    Another Seeker doing this is xDeathclaw. He's terrible about it.
  • ballenato
    Bumping this tread, maybe somebody will care about it
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    China has not offered us a solution to this issue at this time, but this have brought this up to them multiple times, including to one of their devs themselves. So even if they do not frequent our forums, they are aware of it.
  • ballenato
    edited November 2016
    China has not offered us a solution to this issue at this time, but this have brought this up to them multiple times, including to one of their devs themselves. So even if they do not frequent our forums, they are aware of it.

So they simply not care..

Okay!

UPDATE: How about if u guys at PWE, start banning players that use it??? I got a list from my own server :)
  • ballenato
    Bumping this again ~~
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    its a necro now.....
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Last upgrade from today Nation War.... no comments.. really. I try to take it on fun but I hope GM can discuss about some intervention on that players... this time i was heavly bugged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qN4sxO6CyQ
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    PWI need to do something to stop these pathetic players who dont know how to play seekers and keep using that glitch.

if china can't do anything just banned the players who use this glitch when someone give you prove (Like Roar video)
  • firefraii
    firefraii Posts: 49 Arc User
    Always good to meet the fans :)
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Can you blame PWE for not doing anything about it? No one posting in this thread actually cares about the issue. If you really cared about the issue you wouldnt be recording your opponents, but you'd be recording your allies, and show that to the faction leader n tell them to do something about it. If they dont then find a faction that does. I'd imagine ''we dont allow seeker glitching'' would be quite a popular recruitment slogan if people really cared. Seeing how every single TW faction has at least 1 person doing it I imagine that wont be too hard. But I dont see any of you doing that, because none of you actually care about the issue. Everyone here posting names/videos with ''proof'' is just a loser thats frustrated that they're losing, and now they're fishing for excuses to get whoever beats them to get banned. Well I have bad news for you guys, if we started banning every single person that you lose to we'd be left with an empty game. If you think its a real issue and want to fix it, start with yourself, dont come here crying about what your opponents do like some hypocritic kid that didnt get his way.
  • fury85
    edited January 2017
    I'm not here to cry, I'm here to solve a problem.
    Easy to talk when you don't have that problem.
    I will see you glitched every 3 minutes (6 glitch in a single map of 20 mins), from what you wrote I guess you'll enjoy it.
    Why I don't report allied people? I report what I record, and this is not my fault if a seeker from your faction is doing that. Also, as you can see I was without a squad... not acting with allied or enemy people, joining random maps where i can find better fights.
    What i was asking? Well, I don't like perma ban at all. But i think that 1 week ban (skip daily, event, ecc) can be enough. So if that guy has a bit of brain can think next time.

And I find more hypocritic kid who defend a faction mate also when he act wrong.

Good bye.
    Post edited by fury85 on
    Roar_King
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I would perma ban anyone that uses it on purpose. No questions asked. I don't even care.

How brain-dead can people be to expect that its ok to use a skill in such a way so that there is no counter to it and that the targets can literally do nothing to get out of it. If people would abuse something like that in this way..then dhksnvsn it. I don't want friends or faction mates that act like that. Nope.

If I was a faction leader and a seeker from my faction would do it then I would personally ticket him and kick him out of the faction. No questions asked. Seeker like that are despicable.
  • elcopete94
    elcopete94 Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    You know what is the worse thing of this glitch? When you get stuck into a tree/rock for arcane defense effect as a wiz
  • arcangel786
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    I would perma ban anyone that uses it on purpose. No questions asked. I don't even care.

How brain-dead can people be to expect that its ok to use a skill in such a way so that there is no counter to it and that the targets can literally do nothing to get out of it. If people would abuse something like that in this way..then dhksnvsn it. I don't want friends or faction mates that act like that. Nope.

If I was a faction leader and a seeker from my faction would do it then I would personally ticket him and kick him out of the faction. No questions asked. Seeker like that are despicable.

Hoorgin does not have a brain to understand what you just said.
  • dingo488
    edited January 2017
    fury85 wrote: »
    I will see you glitched every 3 minutes (6 glitch in a single map of 20 mins), from what you wrote I guess you'll enjoy it.
    Why I don't report allied people? I report what I record, and this is not my fault if a seeker from your faction is doing that. Also, as you can see I was without a squad... not acting with allied or enemy people, joining random maps where i can find better fights.
    What i was asking? Well, I don't like perma ban at all. But i think that 1 week ban (skip daily, event, ecc) can be enough. So if that guy has a bit of brain can think next time.

And I find more hypocritic kid who defend a faction mate also when he act wrong.

Good bye.

Ive played cata barb against Vindicate, Ive been glitched plenty, almost permanently, you see me posting vids about the Vindi seekers ticketing them and whining about it? No, cuz I know people in my own faction do it too, and if I dun wanna report my own faction members, I also shudnt report the enemy faction members because that would make me a hypocrite. You just doing this for your own self-interest, its only bad if it harms you, but if a seeker from your own faction glitches an opposing barb then its all good, suddenly there's no video and no thread crying about it. You were in Hoorah, these seekers were in your faction, I didnt hear any complaints from you back then.

You almost as big of a clown as other people in your faction, the ones that spam-ticket people for account sharing while themselves logging 10 clients from other people in that exact same faction. Please stop pretending to be some moral knight here to save the day, you just here to get opponents banned for your own self-interest.
  • arcangel786
    dingo488 wrote: »
    fury85 wrote: »

Good bye.

Ive played cata barb against Vindicate, Ive been glitched plenty, almost permanently, you see me posting vids about the Vindi seekers ticketing them and whining about it? No, cuz I know people in my own faction do it too, and if I dun wanna report my own faction members, I also shudnt report the enemy faction members because that would make me a hypocrite. You just doing this for your own self-interest, its only bad if it harms you, but if a seeker from your own faction glitches an opposing barb then its all good, suddenly there's no video and no thread crying about it.

You almost as big of a clown as other people in your faction, the ones that spam-ticket people for account sharing while themselves logging 10 clients from other people in that exact same faction. Please stop pretending to be some moral knight here to save the day, you just here to get opponents banned for your own self-interest.

Man how stupid you are everyday you make me realize why Trump become a president.
  • dingo488
    Man how stupid you are everyday you make me realize why Trump become a president.

e5c.jpg

• uglyfaceyo
    uglyfaceyo Posts: 18 Arc User
    @dingo488 In one post you call somebody a clown, in the next one complain about ad hominem...​​
  • fury85
    edited January 2017
    If you get glitched, you must report! I can't see what happen to other people. So how can I report? What I report? If they glitch you, well you must report them! If you not do that... well it's your problem. If Knights glitch you, well report them!

Before call someone a clown, please active your brain, i'm not insulting anyone! I report who glitch me, its normal, and anyway i even try to talk with him before report. Every time I talk with that guy, asking to stop, I even get ignored or a stupid reply. That's is normal? No!

And to end, i'm not reporting an opponent. I was ALONE in nation war that mean any seeker can glitch me but only him did! And repeat again, I had a problem with a Vindi seeker time ago when I was in Hoorah, I talk to him and we solved, so no reason to report. We all have a brain, ask to your friend to use it please because he don't understand me.

Roar_King
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 what are the chances that PWE will make some sort of action if PWCN will not fix the bug?

This has been going on for years, and actually it's not just seekers who use this, now also SBs can use their knockback skill to glitch players of any size (not just the large barb hitbox) into vertical terrain like trees and bushes. I haven't tested it but I am guessing its probably possible with archers now as well, not to mention mystics.

This is becoming a more widespread problem that doesn't just affect barbs vs. seekers. It's becoming an all-class possibility to use all of the time. I really hope that someone, whether it be PWCN or PWE, does SOMETHING to discourage this.
    ​​
This discussion has been closed.