close

Options
nunuator
nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
edited January 2017 in General Discussion
Just caught a hacker using my account in the twilight temple server... Using the name DRUMSTlCK i got screenshots and i seized 900mill from the **** account b4 i was kicked out by a password change
Post edited by nunuator on

Comments

• nunuator
    Options
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Please ticket into Customer Support - you did not visit any strange sites or anything that's been going around, right? I'll pass this along for CS to investigate when I get back into the office since we've been having an uptick with scammers again recently but you might get a faster response than I can get you via ticket.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    There's a lot of phishing going on with the TT server. If a friend/faction mate links you a strange website, don't click it. They're using lookalike names (L instead of I, etc.) to impersonate people.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options
    Same thing on Etherblade. Someone recently got scammed cause they fell for the trick and it created a lot of fuss. Always double-check if someone is trying to impersonate your friends, especially if they ask you to go on a wedding site thing. Or any kind of unusual sites. ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • nunuator
    Options
    The thing is the account was my brother's which he hasn't used for roughly 2 years when I saw the account world chatting I logged on and found a 900mill stash of coin... Of course I took it and I got free candleflame set... Not even mad for it's an inactive account
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Please ticket into Customer Support - you did not visit any strange sites or anything that's been going around, right? I'll pass this along for CS to investigate when I get back into the office since we've been having an uptick with scammers again recently but you might get a faster response than I can get you via ticket.

Just so you know., the Gm's working on that kind of issues, they have no idea what to do.

you tell them that you got **** they ask you to contact them from the original email linked to that account !!

if i had that email address why would i contact you ? i will simply recover my password using my email address.

why we have to explain for them or beg them to go check the IP address that used the account before and after getting **** !!

they should help us when we provide them the old password and some of the information that can prove for them that we are the owners of the account !!

i myself got **** by a faction leader on TT server after i apply to their faction.
    my account never got shared and my IP address is in US, the hacker is using Norway IP address why is that hard for them to understand or believe me !!

all he did was banned my account temp.. which is ok but still not the best way to fix the issue the hacker can still recover that email or send a ticket and another GM will UN-banned him.

Pwi should find a better way to deal with such cases.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options

Just so you know., the Gm's working on that kind of issues, they have no idea what to do.

you tell them that you got **** they ask you to contact them from the original email linked to that account !!

if i had that email address why would i contact you ? i will simply recover my password using my email address.

why we have to explain for them or beg them to go check the IP address that used the account before and after getting **** !!

they should help us when we provide them the old password and some of the information that can prove for them that we are the owners of the account !!

i myself got **** by a faction leader on TT server after i apply to their faction.
    my account never got shared and my IP address is in US, the hacker is using Norway IP address why is that hard for them to understand or believe me !!

all he did was banned my account temp.. which is ok but still not the best way to fix the issue that guy can still recover that email or send a ticket and another GM will UN-banned him.

Pwi should find a better way to deal with such cases.

It really depends on who you get to assist you on the issue. I also contacted support not long ago about losing my email to another account and after I provided them with all the relevant info they asked for I gave them a new email address and they changed it without any issues. Only advice I can give you is to send another ticket and pray you get someone who can help you better, or try the live chat. Things tend to get solved a lot quicker on there than through tickets
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    TT (Sanctuary) has always been the server of hackers n scripters, theres still ppl making hundreds of millions per day running jones scripts (please remove that jones stuff, it literally serves no purpose in the game other then invite scripters to use it to make a ton of money) or TT farm bots. Not to mention I dun think Forest Ruins has ever been won by a player not cheating there... we special! :#
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    TT (Sanctuary) has always been the server of hackers n scripters, theres still ppl making hundreds of millions per day running jones scripts (please remove that jones stuff, it literally serves no purpose in the game other then invite scripters to use it to make a ton of money) or TT farm bots. Not to mention I dun think Forest Ruins has ever been won by a player not cheating there... we special! :#

well Your leader isnt from sanc he is from LC :) hope you dont **** him off Pawn so he dont **** you too.
  • nunuator
    Options
    this was 2 alert ppl to the problem of the caught hacker that's all i don't want drama on this thread so i'm closing it
This discussion has been closed.