2017 Community Mount - We have our Winner!!!

Comments

• iamtearsh
    iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
    cheats69 wrote: »
    I dunno.... a female with humongous **** attached to a chain.. is a bit offensive.
    Of course I assume there will be a male counterpart with a humongous mound in between their legs also in chains will be available.

bipedal = nope
    ancient = nope
    horns = nope
    glowing eyes = nope

large titties = winner

I don't know what you call this then o.o or am i just seeing things?
    x9YPRak.jpg

• iamtearsh
    motherhen wrote: »
    So now that all criteria-related issues have been clarified, let's all get offended by a pair of big titties because our favourite mount didn't win and there is nothing else we can QQ about...It's not like so many MMOs promote half naked, busty female characters with explicit **** graphics and physics. Including PWI. Shocking!

...smh
    ​​

It did not fit the criteria that argument doesnt intrest me and clearly it doesnt,nor does the sexually explicit excuse of a mount to be honest with you....intrest me....but yes plz do hang onto my words and my opinion yet i fail to see why you find an issue with me expressing it <3

Well not everyone has the same taste.
    Its sad that what u wanted didn't win.
    But as for me and Pix we got what we wanted so we are happy <3
    x9YPRak.jpg

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    I have to say, I personally don't like the winner. Not because it "doesn't meet the criteria" or because it has a large chest. Not even the chain around her neck bothers me.

But because (for the love of the cookies!) the design could have covered the chest area up a bit more than that.

Ok, alright, it's a chimera and her hind quarters might as well be naked. Her titts might as well be made of hardened keratine and not jump around at all, and perhaps her armor is so strong and glued to her skin in a way that it completely support the weight, but...

But I'm so tired of boob windows.

Don't we already have enough boob windows (and more! Just check out female gear/fashion) in this game without adding more?

Something can be sexy/badass/cool without having to display wide patches of skin (which I'm sure the devs will love, because, again, they bring us the gear and the fashion).

That said, my congratulations to the winner anyway, because I know how hard it is to create something that has success. @iamtearsh, I might not like your design, but I can honestly appreciate the effort you put into it. Same goes for the second and third place (not to mention all other entries that never made it)
  • n3murinomori
    n3murinomori Posts: 43 Arc User
    YeeY i won second place YeeY .

Gratz to the other 2 winners also . I will probably enjoy the mount because who doesnt like big doodie dangling under your mount. I just hope it doesnt run weird on 2 legs since they cant make it fly ( flying was an option and bipedal was chosen instead ) or they just ignore any criteria when creating the mount and make a cool version of the winning mount .
    TheGreatKhan of DawnGlory
    sadasdds.png
  • iamtearsh
    Hahahaha people complain too much about smthing someone made when they could've made smthing better because they know too much and probably has a better idea. I like my mount with booobs.. so what? you guys could've designed a winning mount without booobs but no?! i dont think so! you guys didn't even try i guess.. just plain complainers.. its no longer my problem or the devs if you didn't like the mount. EVERYONE was given a chance. lulululululul. sad you guys didn't win and just cry about it <3 as for me, im gonna get my mount ingame!! with BOOOBS! because that;'s what i wanted it to be.. i do what I like it's mine after all.. they did say "Those polls are now complete and it’s time to show us what you think this mount should look like!" they didn't say what you cry babies think it should look like... HA HA HA! they said what I think it would look like.. what i want is what i get.. u guys go cry smwhere else <3 lots of love <3

#nohate LOL!!!!
    x9YPRak.jpg

• iamtearsh
    edited January 2017
    And as for the controversial BOOOBIES, its a MAMMAL with mammary glands which should be in the BREAST !! !
    Goodlord! Like u expected me to make smthing like this?

Harpij_-_I.I_Schipper_1660%2C_graveur_Matthius_Merian%2C_naar_J.Jonstons%27_%22Naekeurige_Beschryvingh_van_de_Natuur%22.jpg

idk about u guys but it looks weird to me.. thus the upper part of the body was made as human like as possible..

220px-Harpy.PNG
    Oh~ look at that.. since i decided i'm gonna make it human-ish, i'm gonna leave it like that? idts <3

Why too revealing? I don't know if i am a big asssss wyvern woman i want lesser clothes too specially if its made of metal.
    And yes i did watch how a wyvern move on youtube and i dont think a fullbody armor is a good idea...
    You see people, this is what happens when u create smthing, along the way you realize things and u alter your design leaning on which you think is better for what you are making. And yes i have many references.. when i saw the requirements, a Bird and a Mammal are two different things so the best bet is to make a Chimera, i checked the web if it is ancient and it is, but which animals am i gonna use? i already made my failed design this time cos that first one was covered in feathers, so i decided to think of any bipedal creature that's going to look nice with feathered wings. Then wyvern came to mind, wyvern with feathered wings but i need to combine it with a mammal which i immediately thought to be human..so i checked which part of my wyvern i can humanize...now i have my bipedal legs, my feathered wings, i need a mammal so yes i changed the upper body and made it into a female torso. Ok there goes my mammal. So,ancient check, bipedal check, mammal check, feathers check. 2 more! i need curled horn and glowing eyes.. i didn't want my creature to have a full face because i find it weird so i covered her head with a helmet, I added the crown as a horn but made sure i place a horn on her head somehow so i checked for horn ideas on wyverns under wyvern anatomy..not horns on a human.. i saw a long horn growing from the back of a wyverns neck so i placed one on my design but smaller, i dont want it to have elephant trunks growing from her head... now for the last requirement i needed the eyes to be glowing, but i already covered her head with a helmet so, if only i know how to make a fancy edit, i made the glowing eyes glow from the inside of the helmet. I cant make my pencil glow unfortunately so i wrote it down on my description.
    Then there goes,ancient,horn,bipedal,feathers,horns,mammal and glowing eyes.
    After that, u get a pretty ugly sketch and u slowly fix them one by one.. and u make it a tiny less ugly..

Did i copy the design from smwhere else? No. I made it slowly like building blocks.. Adding ideas over ideas until i got satisfied.
    Did i copy the design from smwhere else? No. A Wyvern is a Wyvern..it will look like that no matter where you search for it. It's behavior while resting will always be the ones on my sketch wherever u look. The upper half of a female will always be like that. And the crown is my obsession..it is also my own.

You people can complain and throw hate at it but making it was fun for me.. Even more fun cos it won..

u can qq, i can explain, but the winner has been decided..

<3<3<3

Post edited by iamtearsh on
    x9YPRak.jpg

• daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Congratulations to the winner it looks fantastic.
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    calm your nuts. We're just saying to throw a damn breastplate on the thing. jeez.

like, idk, something like this or any of Kayle's other skins, but without the huge pauldrons: http://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/cdn/img/champion/splash/Kayle_1.jpg
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    It sounds like a lot of people tried to give the creator a hard time even after the results were finalized. It's not like the game is forcing you to use this new mount. If people don't like it, just don't use and sell/trade/npc it.

I hope the mount will look the same if not close to what the original looked like, after all that is what the voters voted for, it wouldn't be fair to them if they got something else (don't mess this up this time PWE). Congratulations again to all the winners.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    While I understand and respect opinions/disagreements, the votes were cast and Yvillis won by a significant margin. This was a community poll, not a "PWI devs picked their favorite mount". Our devs in CN will be creating the mount based on the concept and the parameters required of it. I'm hoping they do not have to deviate too far from the original concept.

Also if it seems like responses are slow -
    [...] over the next few weeks I'll be a bit sporadic in responding on the forums due to our test cycle ramping up for PWI. So please understand that there will be gaps in time where I can respond. I'll do my best to answer any concerns that will come up but generally, understand I'll be working in the background for alot of exciting events coming up! Thank you for your understanding!

Keep the thread respectful and do not attack each other or the staff-offenders, consider this your one and only warning. Those who have been aggressive in their statements and in contacting us, you are being warned now that your methods are highly unacceptable and continued, repeated attempts will be dealt with swiftly. Any additional posts past this one that continues to incite flames and attacks will be split from the thread and depth'd and I will issue warnings directly on your wall.

Due to the feedback given, we will no longer be running any creative-driven contests for the foreseeable future. (including screenshot contests, design contests or anything that would facilitate the need of image manipulation, video editing, drawing/rendering/modeling in any medium etc.)

This does not mean that this contest or its results will be negated, as that would be unfair to everyone who participated.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    I'll also be positive in the flood of critique, I liked the winner tiger-1.gif Maybe it has its cons, but it looks +/- original.
    Due to the feedback given, we will no longer be running any creative-driven contests for the foreseeable future. (including screenshot contests, design contests or anything that would facilitate the need of image manipulation, video editing, drawing/rendering/modeling in any medium etc.)
    What kind of feedback could lead to such decision? normal-16.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Keep the thread respectful and do not attack each other or the staff-offenders, consider this your one and only warning. Those who have been aggressive in their statements and in contacting us, you are being warned now that your methods are highly unacceptable and continued, repeated attempts will be dealt with swiftly. Any additional posts past this one that continues to incite flames and attacks will be split from the thread and depth'd and I will issue warnings directly on your wall.

shade13 wrote: »
    I'll also be positive in the flood of critique, I liked the winner tiger-1.gif Maybe it has its cons, but it looks +/- original.

I voted for the winner.
    I know several others who did as well.
    I am happy that it won and I appreciate the work and effort that the creator put into it.

Thank you Kalyst, for your strong stance against the ridiculousness.
    Honestly, that is something this community needs. People are such cry babies when they don't get their way.

Congratulations to the Winner.
    Excellent Job.
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User

Probably really negative ones, not to mention all the complains and whining and flame wars.
    People really need to chill down a lot. You can not like something, but there's no need to insult left and right when you say your opinion.
  • milkins
    milkins Posts: 44 Arc User
    220px-Harpy.PNG

The mount is just a female version of this. The only thing that has been changed is the tail and a few little added extras.
    Nice originality!

While this is disappointing, hopefully you'll reconsider or simply just make sure the criteria are met without having the confusion yourselves and needing to ask. Also with your screenshot competition, should make sure images can only be submitted once. Last one someone did the jaws one and didn't win. Someone else took their idea, posted later and themselves won.
    IeIantos - GoldDigrz
  • iamtearsh
    milkins wrote: »
    220px-Harpy.PNG

The mount is just a female version of this. The only thing that has been changed is the tail and a few little added extras.
    Nice originality!

Idk about you dude but that's a Harpy.

The mount is just a female version of this.

---- that is actually a female. Look what i googled for ya "Harpy is a rapacious monster described as having a woman's head and body and a bird's wings and claws or depicted as a bird of prey with a woman's face."

The only thing that has been changed is the tail and a few little added extras.

--- No. Unless u wanna piggy back ride a bird which is cute or piggy back ride a human sized mount which is disturbing its up to you.
    --- No. A Wyvern and a bird are two different things. Wyvern is waaaaaaaaay bigger and gon kick a birds asss any day or breath fire at it.
    --- No. I don't think harpies have horns.
    --- This is like telling me mango salad is the same as mango cake. I just added few extra's on my cake and baked it.
    x9YPRak.jpg

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I've split 5 comments off this thread and dumped them into our Infraction section. Users who were in the affected comments will be receiving warnings from me today. I'll be in and out monitoring this thread to make sure it doesn't get completely out of control, but it would be greatly appreciated if comments and discussion can stay on topic.
  • keshmarch
    keshmarch Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    But I'm so tired of boob windows.

Don't we already have enough boob windows (and more! Just check out female gear/fashion) in this game without adding more?
    The presence of boob windows don't bother me as much as the non-functionality of them. Anyone who wears boob window "armor" should have reduced defense and a % chance to be one-hit killed. They have what would amount to a bullseye on their chest, they should get killed if someone manages to score a hit on it.

This does not mean that this contest or its results will be negated, as that would be unfair to everyone who participated.

You do understand how that doesn't make any sense though, right? This was a majority opinion poll chain. That "feedback" had to have been from the minority.​​
    Tark%20Signature_zpscmqoxjfn.png~original
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    Probably really negative ones, not to mention all the complains and whining and flame wars.
    People really need to chill down a lot. You can not like something, but there's no need to insult left and right when you say your opinion.
    But you realise that there is negative feedback on literally everything game stuff does?
    Many contests - bad, "chosen ones" who can take part get all ther prizes,
    No contests - bad, boring etc.
    Certain person one - bad, i didn't like him
    Certain person lost - bad, he deserved to win
    Many promo - bad, killing game economy,
    Few promo - bad, no bonuses for devoted players
    Gifts - bad. Achieve everything on your own like old school did
    No gifts - even worse. Plyers want encouragement.
    The only way to stop getting negative feedback is to shut down the game lol Though wait... there will be TONES of negative feedback after that tiger-2.gif

The last really drawing contest was in 2012. After that was only designing and screenshot editing. I honestly hoped for something more drawing without editing but instead they want to stop suck kind of contests at all? Why? normal-20.gif
    Who gave such feedback? For some reason I'm 99,9% sure it's not the people who took part in contests. Because for those who draw it's the chance to have real fun with some motivation + to show off a bit and advertise yourself and get some feedback for your works as well. When you create, the process itself is of the highest priority, and not the fact that someone else won. Today you lose, tomorrow you can win. It's experience and skills improvement.
    I don't see why GMs should pay attention to such feedback just because someone didn't like the certain contest. Do the contests harm anyone? Break rules or give unfair advantages? No? So what's the problem?

Speaking of feedback, there was tone of feedback for: servers merging, cross-server events, events in general, tw timings etc etc. Most of that was possible to make locally without China involving. And what changed? Nothing. Arguing for years. I seriously wonder what one should say for the CM to close the activity that fast and simply normal-18.gif
    milkins wrote: »
    While this is disappointing, hopefully you'll reconsider or simply just make sure the criteria are met without having the confusion yourselves and needing to ask.
    The is one important thing: this is the mount to be designed in game. The main criteria is: it should look good. It should cause wish to spend on it. It's not the contest "who makes the most ridiculous **** with the most noticeable requirements wins". If it was just for fun without any further plans for this model, I'd agree with you. But ppl will use it as a mount and they surely would like it to look decent at least. Nobody will remember that its horns are not long enough. It met requirements enough to win. It's already hard enough to make bipedal mount which would look fresh and new bypassing all the obstacles voters made picking options by principle "I want to see what kind of crazy sht can be made of these points which totally contradict each other" monkey-47.gif
    keshmarch wrote: »
    You do understand how that doesn't make any sense though, right?
    +10000000 it makes no sense and it's really really sad.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • iamtearsh
    edited January 2017
    Anyways I'm out of this thread now.

I appreciate all those who support me and to those who stand by me thank you so much specially KalystC, SweetHara and PixelHeart.

I already did my part, i explained even posted some step by step "process" on how that design was made.
    Though I did snap at some people I think it is normal for me to defend my design because it wont defend itself.
    And no, I won't just sit here and let it get insulted.

And to those who didn't like it but didn't even participated, please if you have an idea about something, execute it!
    I joined this event because it was fun and the requirements are kinda weird so why not?
    You guys can't just sit and wait til results are out then complain.
    Complainers never win because they spend time complaining about stuff rather than doing smthing about it in the first place.
    If you wanted a mount to win so bad, while the voting was still up you should've asked more friends to vote for that mount.

Thumbs up to those to joined.

High-Five to my fellow winners.

To those who were too shy to join events like this, just give it a shot.
    Not everyone will like your design but atleast you tried.
    You can't please everyone.
    Who knows though there might be more people who will like it compared to those who wouldn't.

This is just the design.. it will still go thru a lot of phases.
    (Though i hope they show me the progress every now and then)

***I hope they don't cancel events like this just because of whiners. There are creative people in game who loves these kinds of events. Those who complained didn't even join i suppose. I hope they focus more on the positive members of the community like the participants who just wanted to have fun and compare works with other artists.

***Don't blame the devs and mods on choosing the mounts they wanted to be on the poll. They did say they will choose first and will let us vote. If i am a member of their team, I would choose the ones that are possible to make. I do hope that most of the complainers know or understand the work of these people behind the game.

See yah~

Post edited by iamtearsh on
    x9YPRak.jpg

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    The design itself is fine outside of the chest area. idk why people are having such issues with it.

I would also implore you guys to reconsider the whole "never having creative contests again" thing.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    While I wish it didn't have to come to this and that they keep making this kind of contests, I kind of understand where they are coming from. Those contests come as an extra task for them beside the things they already have to take care of, just to keep the community entertained and give people more chances of winning free goodies. They are meant to create a fun atmosphere, but so far it did the opposite and attracted so much negativity and critiques (see the Barter event, Logo design contest, Halloween screenshot contest and this one). Maybe they weren't all perfect but their effort should still be appreciated. Getting so much negative feedback and so many accusations of having rigged the events because of "favoritism" or whatever else has been said, just keeps building up frustration. Even if those accusations come from a minority, it still affects the overall atmosphere and positivity of the events.

I used to run an event for my faction kind of like a roulette/gamble, and I would often have people doubt the fairness of how I picked the winners or accuse me of rigging it to help certain people win. After some time I just got fed up with it and decided to stop running it. I imagine this is exactly what Kalyst and Domino are experiencing after they took the time and effort to organise events and some people started throwing unfounded accusations left and right.

This is just my experience and view on the situation. I still hope that they will keep holding such events in the future, but if they don't, I won't blame them. Some people need to tone their hate down and be a bit more open-minded, especially when subjectivity plays a big role in events like these.
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • fail68
    fail68 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Congrats on your victory! @iamtearsh When i first saw it i was like "this design is to good and to orginal for this game not to come in first." It is unique, my only question is when can we expect to see it ingame for all? or is it only for the designer?
  • afcmaybe
    afcmaybe Posts: 22 Arc User
    Personally I'm really grateful to have placed third. Thanks for your votes everyone, and congratulations to the other winners! :)
  • n3murinomori
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Sorry to bother you with this here but as this is the first time i won at the events i participated here can i have some information about the winnings and how will we be able to receive them ?
    sadasdds.png
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Congrats to @iamtearsh for the beautiful mount and for the win! It's very interesting and cool! Congratulations!! <3

Congrats to @n3murinomori and to @afcmaybe too! Great works everyone!

<3

I honestly don't blame the staff if they don't want to host events like this again. I would feel the same. All this negativity... :s
    Contests, games and events are meant to be fun and to give something to the community. If it brings sadness and people going at each other, I understand why one would be reluctant to do that again.

Just pointing out that not all people are against it, or displeased with it! People voted for these mounts, therefore there are many people supporting it! If possible, contests like this are fun and creative, so I think it would be a nice idea to happen again. But I respect whatever choice they make.
  • dotz02lost
    dotz02lost Posts: 10 Arc User
    inb4 PR nightmare when feminists attack. GL dealing with all of that, especially with the chain leash....
  • milkins
    milkins Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    @n3murinomori The top 3 community voted designs will receive some really cool prizes:

First Place – You will receive full credit for the design of your mount, a special free copy of your mount when it is released, $100 free Zen

Second Place – A special free copy of the mount when it is released, $50 free Zen

Third Place - A special free copy of the mount when it is released, $30 free Zen

You'll get the winning mount and 50 gold (not event gold)
    IeIantos - GoldDigrz
  • n3murinomori
    @milkins Yes , but how exactly will that work ? Will i have to contact support ? will i need to provide any information of any sort to the GMs ? When will the rewards will be given ? Will they give out the Free Zen first and mounts after or both at the same time in a few months when the mount will probably will be released ? You get me now ? I have questions .
    sadasdds.png
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Considering the contest was for an anniversary mount, I wouldn't expect it sooner than 2017 Anniversary, but I could be wrong o-o I don't know anything about the zen prize though, that one should come pretty soon. I think it took about 1-2 weeks until I got the event gold prize on the logo design contest. I'm sure they will give out all the details soon ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • n3murinomori
    Considering the contest was for an anniversary mount, I wouldn't expect it sooner than 2017 Anniversary, but I could be wrong o-o I don't know anything about the zen prize though, that one should come pretty soon. I think it took about 1-2 weeks until I got the event gold prize on the logo design contest. I'm sure they will give out all the details soon ​​

Thanks , this info is appreciated . Having any kind of timetable just makes it more official and reliable . I hope the GM's will do a proper post related to this soon .
    sadasdds.png
This discussion has been closed.