Aren't there any good PvP videos left/in the making?

Options
jsxshadow
jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
It's devestating. I scroll through PWI PvP vids, incl PServer Footage and I rarely find a video that showcases true skill. Tons and Tons of mass PvP/TW Footage and whatnot but none really stand out. There are just too many Mass-PvP vids. I watched alot of them and (yes including mine) they are all way too similar.

There is just no reason to watch those vids to begin with as there are hardly any good, interesting fights left ._.

Don't even get me started on those Pserver 1v1 you find. Sure, there are loads of em..but those guys are SOOO BAADDD!!! it's insane.

We ( I ) need you to make awesome PvP-Footage that we can watch while playing PWI or when you have nothing to do at work!!! Try to have some challenging PvP and upload that. Not just fights that are too easy to begin with. Let us see your skill and prowess.

PS: TBH, That's just me being bored out of my mind, sitting in my office and trying to find things to do. 99% of my colleagues are already gone for the holidays and its excruciatingly boring AND then try to find decent footage to learn from on youtube. GG ._.

Comments

• elcopete94
    elcopete94 Posts: 56 Arc User
    Options
    Personaly i watch those vids to find my toon on them most of the time xD(or for the music, seeker king and dp have the best ones! Disturbed<3)and since most of the ppl travel for holydays i doubt there would be Any interesting vid beside the nw,tw and tourny ones
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    Eh, the problem with PK videos imo is the fact they are always pretty onesided. This is because situations where number/gear is even in the field are very rare - When that rare even PK then happens, the side, which is usually outnumbered/geared, then stomps their opposition on even footing. So to me, the only actually good mass PvP footing you are gonna get is if the more skilled side is outgunned and still going out and happens to post their losses, which in this egocentric community is pretty rare.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    I have new footage coming soon. Fights include cleric vs a geared sin (about 50% win rate), cleric vs most geared sin on server (I lost all of those he hits me for 20k crits no spark lol) and cleric vs NP archer (I win about 33% of those). I'll pick and choose some good representative fights, and as you know I'm pretty fair on showing both my wins and losses. Cheers, Aeliah
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    It's an old game. The only things new to game are: xNW, Duskblades and Stormbringers.

If you're looking for new content in general even its not really possible. 1v1 in itself is very similar, the only "new" things are class specific abilities that have been brought in.
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    @eirghan Yeah, 1v1s are pretty similiar but the skill level of each individual can make fights very interesting. Personal skill level barely influences mass pvp because its too situational. Even if you expect someone to win in an 1v1 situation you can still see a different outcome and thats alot of fun too watch. Same goes for people that pull off neat combos or completely outplay someone. I love to watch that kind of video.

Videos of unskilled players are boring as hell and depressing as well when you watch it. That can make for an interesting video as well..but counting someones mistakes over and over again gets old pretty fast :(
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Options
    well, i guess this is more of a post about how unskilled the PW community is then rather than a looking for fresh videos

not everyone can be as skilled as yourself
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    @eirghan well..I dont really see myself as that skilled..at least not when it comes to PWI cause lets be honest..you dont need much skill. You need a bit of reaction time, a bit of intelligence but the most part goes to knowledge. If you know what counters what then you will be a great player. PWI isnt fast paced. I played CoD4 semi-professional and you can argue that you really need alot of skill there since precision and accuracy are key there..none of which are needed for pwi or any other MMORPG really..being good in MMOs always boils down to 99% of knowledge and experience.

That is what makes PvP videos especially disappointing these days. Some people play this game for just as long (8 years) than me or even longer and they dont even have a fraction of the experience and knowledge I've got hence they suck at pvp. If there is a skill I possess then it would be that I am very quick to learn and adapt but that shouldnt be very special considering that this is a major treat of humanity.

Also..people dont need to have the same kind of "skill"-level as me for me to be able to enjoy their content..when I see people improve from their previous content or people that take some tips to heart and get better/overcome difficult enemies then I really enjoy watching this. People that upload videos that are the exact carbon-copy of every video they've uploaded before are boring. Challanging yourself is trully inspiring. No one wants to watch someone walking on the same spot for years, I guess.
  • elcopete94
    elcopete94 Posts: 56 Arc User
    Options
    Accuracy in CoD?wtf!!!
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    Options
    When i'm bored I put g15 set + weapon on my Barb and run NW without a squad. Its much fun and interesting.
    I thinking to start some 1v1 trying to not be angry for ping but i'm pretty bad so I doubt should be interesting...
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • darknovus
    darknovus Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @eirghan well..I dont really see myself as that skilled..at least not when it comes to PWI cause lets be honest..you dont need much skill. You need a bit of reaction time, a bit of intelligence but the most part goes to knowledge. If you know what counters what then you will be a great player. PWI isnt fast paced. I played CoD4 semi-professional and you can argue that you really need alot of skill there since precision and accuracy are key there..none of which are needed for pwi or any other MMORPG really..being good in MMOs always boils down to 99% of knowledge and experience.

That is what makes PvP videos especially disappointing these days. Some people play this game for just as long (8 years) than me or even longer and they dont even have a fraction of the experience and knowledge I've got hence they suck at pvp. If there is a skill I possess then it would be that I am very quick to learn and adapt but that shouldnt be very special considering that this is a major treat of humanity.

Also..people dont need to have the same kind of "skill"-level as me for me to be able to enjoy their content..when I see people improve from their previous content or people that take some tips to heart and get better/overcome difficult enemies then I really enjoy watching this. People that upload videos that are the exact carbon-copy of every video they've uploaded before are boring. Challanging yourself is trully inspiring. No one wants to watch someone walking on the same spot for years, I guess.

your writing is really contradicting first you say you dun have skill and then you say you are the best ....
    i would call that beeing pure arrogance im sry. I watched some of your Vids checking the differences .... lol you talk about challenges and you upload videos fighting way weaker opponents and then you brag about it.
    Im sorry to tell you but ppl like you make the PWI community look really bad.
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    darknovus wrote: »
    jsxshadow wrote: »

your writing is really contradicting first you say you dun have skill and then you say you are the best ....
    i would call that beeing pure arrogance im sry. I watched some of your Vids checking the differences .... lol you talk about challenges and you upload videos fighting way weaker opponents and then you brag about it.
    Im sorry to tell you but ppl like you make the PWI community look really bad.

When do I fight weaker opponents? I don't. Only very rarely I do fight someone that has slightly worse gears than me but 99% of all fights is me fighting someone with better gears. You see what I meant? Knowledge makes a massive difference even beyond gear. If you know it all you can beat em all. I said I am not that skilled by the definitions I've used. That is not contradicting. I was just stating the obvious. I've also said that Knowledge is the most important factor of being good in PvP in PWI. Call it bragging if you want but there is hardly anyone else in this game with that much knowledge about PvP, skills, classes and gameplay of this game than myself. This is what makes me win most fights. Experience and knowledge.

Watch how many people just do random-BS in their videos..spamming random skills, hoping for a lucky crit/zerk charmbypass. Most people have no plan, no strategy and of course. If I fight someone like this, even if they outgear me...they go down like flies. If the majority of people would stop spending money for this game and instead spend some thought on it then yeah, they would perform alot better in PvP. Wisdom is the mightiest Perk in PWI. That is no arrogance. That is the truth and while I admit that I like to taunt people quite a bit then let me tell you that I only do that to get their attention, obviously. If I can spark the flame for someone so that they wanna get better to beat me then I did everything correctly. There is no fun in always winning. I want challanges. I wanna have to try ultra-hard to beat someone. I wanna have to play absolutely perfect in order to beat someone. That is what I am looking for.

The PWI Community doesnt need anyone that makes it look bad. Actually, as I've heard from many PW players from different server, I am one of the rare ones that make PWI players look alot better. Most of the time when a PWI player joins a private server they get destroyed so people tend to mock them for their lack of skill. I don't care about anything that is not a challange, I don't care about what people think of me. I just wanna have fun and I only have fun when I am forced to give my friggin ALL. I couldn't care less about casual players which use this game as a chat-program and a fashion show. I wanna fight for real. If that makes me bad in your eyes then I am sorry but this is the way it is. Deal with it.