Faction Icon Rejected

Options
o04
o04 Posts: 8 Arc User
I wanted to update my faction's icon so I submitted a ticket and the response I got was "we cannot process icons with transparent background anymore." Has anyone heard of this before? I saw a faction update their icon a few weeks ago and it has a transparent background. Very disturbed over this as I spent a good amount of time preparing this icon.

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, because they are stupid. You totally can do transparent.
    You can even submit it via the tool sometimes. When it works.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • o04
    Options
    They won't take my icon unless it's 24-bit. Problem is, if you save a bmp with an alpha channel as 24-bit it removes the alpha channel. Here is what the instructions are on the icon submission page but the instructions contradict itself. They are saying it has to be 24 bit but then talk about adding an alpha channel. Almost as if they edited these instructions recently and just changed the 32 to a 24 in the text. I am really at a loss here, I dont want some big ugly white square.

Faction Icon Submission
    Please make sure that when you are submitting your faction icon for review, it is more likely that we will approve your submission if they adhere to the following guidelines:
    1) The image must be sent in as a 24 bit BMP format and must be 16*16 pixels with a RGB color mode.
    2) If you would like it as a transparent back ground please make sure your Alpha Channel (Transparency Control Channel) is correct.
    Add an Alpha-channel to your image (using Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel)
    Select the Eraser-tool Eraser Tool and erase what you'd like to get rid of or use the magic wand.
    3) If you had recently submitted a logo, please wait for a few hours before trying again as the system may need some time to process the previous request.
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Yes, you are exactly correct, and they are wrong.​​

​​
  • o04
    Options
    If anyone is having issues with PWI accepting their transparent icons, please speak up. I believe the GM handling my issue lied to me and said their system won't accept 32-bit icons.
  • o04
    Options
    My last response to them was letting them know how displeased I was, and they said if they do the icon manually it has to be 24-bit, but if I do it through the website, it can be 32-bit but they can't guarantee it will work. But I did just use the website faction icon upload tool and I did get a success message when uploading. So we'll see.
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Now to wait 2-24 weeks for it to get implemented.​​

​​