What grade would you give PW in...

Options
nator
nator Posts: 39 Arc User
edited December 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion
Character creation comparing to other mmorpg out there like [Dark Sands MMO], [Becoming Enlightened MMO] or [The Most Well Known Of MMOS]
? /10.

EDIT : for mentions of non-PWE titles - however I tried to keep some spirit of the ones mentioned, pardon the filler phrases. It's a good discussion to have!
War of Immortals
Olympus West Server

ID 7030141G010001089000801S13fb1f
Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on

Comments

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    PW's character creation is pretty damn good. Old game, but the character customization is top notch. I played *martial arts MMO* in the last year and it was pretty sad how few options there were compared to PW.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @nator Hope you don't mind my edits to your post too much - but I do have a soft spot for talking about character customization in games.

With ini editing now being allowed alot more, least not ban worthy like it was in the past, you can do alot with your characters now. The obvious rules still apply (don't make your character edited in such a way that you can do exploits). I still enjoy sinking hours into it and messing with the settings. There's one youtuber I remember stumbling upon who makes alot of content geared towards highlighting Eastern MMO's, but the name fails me right now.

Forgot to give a grade - Obviously I'm bias'd but I'd put it at a solid 8/10 since you can tweak the older models with ini to carry over certain features that new classes got (Eye textures, lip textures, giving barbs hats, swapping racial textures etc.)

You do get some weird face shape warping, and it's particularly noticeable on the newest classes by messing with them too much or to an extreme and the older models have more...restrictions?
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Id give pwi an a. Theyd get an a+ if we coukd customize barbs more.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,827 Community Moderator
    Options
    PWI has one of the best Custom Player Models for MMO's

I believe it won / was nominated / Got well advertised and promoted because of this. (Quote me if im wrong which I could well be)

8/10 Is my call. I have to say I really have not played with this for some time mind.​​
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    I dislike how Barbs are limited. cant customize much
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    Options
    5/7
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• escapistartist
    escapistartist Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Based on my customization experiences with the only four classes I ever played before (Cleric/Veno/Mystic/Storm) I'd give it a 9,5/10.

There is not one other title currently out there I could allude to that even compares in a positive manner.
    An example; a very popular title in particular forces you to just two pretty dark skintones (one of which is coal black) if you play a female of a certain dragon race (males instead are not limited to those), adding on top of the limited preset-based faces and body types - many games suffer from an abnormally large body size/build model compared to an abnormally small head. :c
    The female toons also look so youthful, if say one would like for their toon to look slightly 'older', they're royally screwed. At least PWI allows enough tweaks to somewhat subvert this problem.

PWI's character customization is the solid reason why I sometimes return to poke around, because where the content falls flat to me, getting a toon to look however I want doesn't. It's like a certain renowned life-simulation game, but with the added bonus of pretty skills, dungeons and whacking mobs rather than just doing things around a house and neighborhood.

Could it be even better? Certainly, but for what I needed, it worked as is.
    Sheepy_Siggy.png
    (´ω`) ( °ω° )
    Woollen Fox • Ylvanie • Twilight Temple
  • dtain
    dtain Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    1/10 because --
    eirghan wrote: »
    Id give pwi an a. Theyd get an a+ if we coukd customize barbs more.

It's been 7 years and I still can't wear a hat. I would kill to have a hat while in kitty form...
    sage barb best barb
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The old races are really good with the exception of barb of course. But the new races arent that great, earthguard being the far worst imo. That being said, they probably still have more costumize options than most other characters from other mmos and games.
    Game graphics may start to lack a little nowadays though.
  • altera#5699
    altera#5699 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Options
    PWI has been my go to game while comparing toon creation in other MMORPG's for a long time.

With the games OP mentioned I would place PWI right under the dark sands thing.

3/3
    Mutiny (Retired) - Blademaster (Tideswell)
    AItera (fully operational) - Seeker (Tideswell)
  • ahuha
    ahuha Posts: 24 Arc User
    Options
    remove the restrictions to the Jolly Old Jones coin quests : remove the " bumpers" in SoT.: fix the carry option, can\t invite to carry while flying?? ... why ? fix the rubberbanding : as to the game itself: after 7 + yrs of playing , i find it fun still..the ability to customize your toon is the best . " nerfing " the value of in game items . . like molds, gear D. as to how tickets are resolved,, C at best.. maybe c - : over all.. B :
  • muntianucristian
    muntianucristian Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Hey guys!

Just wondering, a few years ago (i think @7-8 years) the exp bombs that i rember from 3-4 years ago were not there.

Is it any chance that PWI came back to that era? Or are any servers (official ones) where u could grind the fk out of mobs instead of getting 7 lvs at once with an exp bomb?

I'm asking because the exp via quests was amazing in the past and idk if that is still a thing now.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    >Off topic bumps in off-topic section

Good lord.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    We're going to kill this necromancer yeah?​​
This discussion has been closed.