[G17 Weapon] Zenith Skull

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @kalystconquerer#0876 im by no means the fastest but ive run tower and it took me about 4.5 hours all the way through.

I like your idea of increased tier rewards the more you do it. Right now i simply dont do tower because 1) no need for exp 2) no need for c cards 3) no need for random 4 star orbs xD only thing valuable there for an end game toon is star chart stuff but you can get that from dailies for a fraction of the effort or simply farm coin for gold more effectively.

Id really like to see a way to farm the shards and even wood from it. Its grueling as is but would encourage people completing it if the rewards were more universally useful, or had various rewards you could choose from (like tourney gives shards for a trade reward system)

I dont like the competition idea (the server effort is interesting but again we know the server population are vastly different so this idea would need tweaking) i dont know if the glitch was fixed.... Was a really great idea but something that unfortunately left a bad taste in many players mouths
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Uh this is really idk.
    First of all we missed out on months worth of g17 mat supply from tourny and xtourny.
    The reason we need xtourny also is to farm g17 mats there faster , with local tourny coming so late to us and no xtourny in general access to these mats we are 1-2y behind china as it is now.

Also they think 1 CoM on 4 server a week is to much? So many ppl just on my server got a CoM already and lets say each week different server wins a CoM thats 1 CoM monthly per server , thats really not much xD
    Just one guy in my faction dropped 9-10 CoMs from packs (gg) xD

But the reason we need xtourny isnt CoM its the g17 mats , ppl are spending months of everyday house q , up/dup runs and by this rate it will take them 2 more years minimum to get the weps.

Like my former friend aradya said u can even take out a CoM out of xtourny rewards , boost g17 mat rewards and ppl will be even happier, that combined with boosting rewards on local tourny so more ppl can get g17 mats here aswell would be the best possible thing to do for player base.

Before ppl start qqing about g17 weps its simple , the game and meta has to evolve , if there are no updates and nothing new to work for every game would be stale and ppl would mass quit it after a while (take a look at pservers how they keep falling down after ppl loose interest fast).
    G17 weps will be game breaking probably but they should be made accessible to everyone who farms or cs for it.

Now i understand if you pitch this ideas to china and if they talk about it and decide to do it , we would proly need to wait 6 more months on it to get implemented and to reach us.
    And that is another problem we face here, first we missed out a lot of tourny weeks and a lot of g17 mats from no local and still no xtourny , then 6 months if they decide to change it is definitely 2 much for everyone included.
    So some way to get them implemented that would be accessible to a lot of players as a short term solution until these changes are made if PWCN decides so would be the best solution for our current problems.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @jsxshadow Whenever a big misstep happens it damages the relationship between us and CN. That being said, I've been working on good relations with CN and depending on how good a case we can make to CN, we can get adjustments appropriate for our version.Their main concerns is wanting the weapon to keep its value and for players to engage in content related to it. I still would like to work with making it more accessible, however.

@eirghan Number of times for completion means glitching (I would hope) really serves no purpose, since we will not take into account the timers shown on the rankings. I guess "competition" is a bad word - more like a global mission? Where if you participate, you will get increasingly better rewards for yourself and your server and for everyone across all servers participating.

So you'd have something like -
    Personal - 1, 5, 10, 50
    Server Wide - 20, 50, 100
    Global (all servers)- 100, 250, 500

Of course those numbers can be adjusted down and tiers adjusted (or the frequency of x completions for x rewards), since Heavenfall is grueling. I'll probably draft an actual proposal when I get back and alongside this, maybe applying something similar to other instances to get interest back into them. I still have an unhealthy love for the Nirvana instance.

@aradya6793 Saying it sounds by design does not explicitly mean agreement of said design. Otherwise you wouldn't see me in here looking for ways to work with getting these items into the system. If people want a better spread on getting Zenith Skulls in local and we push for that or we change the rewards to be Zenith Skulls instead of CoM in xserver, there is no guarantee they will allow xserver for us every week. So that remains to be seen - we haven't opened up the change in rewards dialogue with them yet.

@sin20 some fixes can be server side, others can only be patch and some require a mix of both. I'm hoping this does not need an entire content update to push though. And of course, once we settle on the actual specifics, I'm not sure how many revisions we can do post the change. This is sort of why I'm waiting to see what the content update holds before I start tossing things their way. Who knows - maybe we can catch them at a good time to make changes.
  • eirghan
    Just have to be careful @jsxshadow isn't able to complete all of his server's quota on just his alts ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Ok, good. G17 is ok. even G17.5. I wouldnt complain about people getting it, neither would I complain about all procs. Nope. thats fine. What breaks the game are the 80 def lvl weapons. Those will finally make sins nearly unkillable even by 10+ people.

Or what other classes like seeker/Barbs can tank with such a weapon or even more ridiculously with multiple weapons like that. I don't know why no one can foresee the massive impact on anything with such a massive increase in survivability...

Please @kalystconquerer#0876 beg CN to remove the defensive option for G17.5 from our version. Please I beg you. There is no means of countering that (and no, you cant keep someone perma disarmed through support/genie/apo/skills besides the fact that only very few classes can disarm to begin with) and literally imbalances the entire game. Let the people have their zerk, purify proc, purge and a bit more base damage. No problem. Thats not that much more powerful and can be countered by simply having the same weapon. NEWSFLASH G17.5 with 80 attack level doesnt even counter a g17.5 with 80 def lvl half way. Please I beg you guys to understand that and to do something about it. It's basic knowledge and obvious af.

And also, no, I am not worried about 1v1. I am mostly worried about mass pvp..that will become unplayable once the first Nuema Portal, full serenity sind with a g17.5 +80 def lvl with purify spell hit the battlefield. THEY CANNOT DIE. EVER.

But meh, 240 def lvl on 85% crit dmg reduce and 45k hp, 50k+ defenses + tidal + deaden is easy. No problem killing that. You just can't lock, cant purge, can't disarm it. Just attack with an entire faction and hope that the sin doesnt use ulti and kite to china. where he belongs.
  • jsxshadow
    Nah, its not only sins. its every class...sin was just the obvious stupid example...a mystic with such a weapon is also barely killable, just as a barb, seeker, BM, duskblade, cleric, psy...literally every single class. You cannot outperform such a massive increase in survivability. We don't have enough damage. Not at all.

If you need a full squad to kill 1 support char..how are you supposed to kill a barb or the other support? PvP would become even more boring than it is atm, increasing the imbalance even further thus causing frustration and thus causing the remaining players to leave the game too.

It's not about the random fail, heavy CSers. The majority of them is skillless and wont make a difference since they cant handle the weapons to the max potential anyways (as we can see by the majority of NP chars on any server). It's about those that can abuse it in the way I am afraid of. Increasing defenses helps low-skilled players alot as well tho...they will die last with that weapon because the effort to kill them is too high to consider them a legit target since they will BS around/ be ineffective anyways. Will be bothersome nonetheless.

Fede you are just mad cause you've already spent so much money on that garbage. Be honest about it. +80 def lvl + a defensive proc is just way too broken for PWI and idc what people say about PWCN. It's just as broken there as it is here. I can't believe that no good player can abuse that stuff over there. Those are CN people. The bots of humanity. They must have some decent players or not? Ridiculous.

If I had the chance to fight vs a CN dev or the entire crew I would show them wjat's balanced and what is not and make them facepalm over their own decisions. Give me 1 day with CN devs and they rebalance the entire game. Promise on the life's of everyone dear to me. That's how ridiculously obvious those design flaws are.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Personally to an extent I agree with @jsxshadow give a NP sin with full Devil or Serenity stone a purge/purify/untarget def wep and let's see who can kill that or survive it. The fact g17 atk weapon isn't even an actual counterbalance is the biggest wtf xD. A 25-30 def level weapon and a good skilled player can be pretty tanky boosting that at least 50 more def level while increasing atk lvl by what 15 at max r9 PWI wep and 10 CN wep? GGWP that's a balance.

People say it's okay because only a select few will have g17 those who didn't farm it won't. Well news flash you name 1 piece of attainable endgame gear that was a extreme chore to get that didn't become extremely easy by dropping a couple $$$ not by even much too. Warsoul, Rank 8, Rank 9, Hell CoM back in the day people would do bid wars that exceeded 10b when coin wasn't even 4m in AH. Those of you who honestly think it won't become meta are in denial.....
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • eirghan
    I agree that we have too much tankiness coming our way but look at how its unbalanced now in light of passives that are meant to counterbalance gear upgrades and tell me more isnt coming...? We already know of acessories, robes and weapons... And a new cultivation... you cant possibly think thats the end and well all escape this meta with our regular r9 set bonuses intact?

I bet ten you 10 ancient eblems that (not only will ancient emblems will be worth nothing in a years time... But also) well see more damage in the form of g17 gear and set bonuses... If not new rank gear/sky levels/passives etc.
  • blazerboy
    edited December 2016
    While I do agree with you @eirghan let's be real some people have done +3 stones (miraculously) these stones are unruly expensive as if +2 wasn't bad enough +3 is doing it what x2 over again? Not even to mention +12 which yeah it's like chub change in comparison but still! If they introduce a g17 gear or name it rank 10 but g16 whatever they better be careful with that concept. Honestly for me another gear set in which I can even only transfer 1 or the other for free I won't want it. It's either you make it super expensive and I keep my gems and refines or I don't want it at all. I can't speak for everyone else and they are entitled to their opinion but this is my take on this.

Yes there are passives and sky levels but honestly the most recent updates imo all they did was nerf everyone but sins (yes sins got crit nerf but anyone not HA can agree this current cursed jail gave it x2 damage and it's bs next gives them x3 on it like why!?) I don't think the CN devs are headed in the right direction. Idm them nerfing damage more and more, in light of new gear but g17 def wep with all these attack nerfs is just gg wp imo. At this point they better give us more means of damage and by us I mean every class besides sins. Yes next update gives us more damage (if you choose to take damage since its pick and choose poison Yaay) but I don't know so far no class besides sin imo are getting that rediculously a change than current amounts.Db and Sb get some nice atk increase but they pale in comparison to sins. The next cursed jail elimination and lifehunter GG WP everybody go serenity stone g17 def wep now xD
  • blazerboy
    Btw @aradya6793 comment on "let's keep current meta let's keep getting deleted by sins" LMFAO made my day. I wondered if anyone else felt GGWP SKILLED when they have endgame gear chilling outside da and a random sin out of stealth 2 spark cursed jail cancel condense throne MAYBE if you lucky get Spellcutter rekt them(This can literally be done with 2-3 sec btw hope you can click AD/Expel that fast)I see I'm not alone lmfao.
  • sin20
    Just as scary as a NP lvl 3 stone sin with g17 wep is , NP cleric with def lvl 3 stones and g17 def wep is gonna be hard as fk to kill, same would go for every other class.
    Idk about u guys but my goal is to get g17 def wep since start xD
    Any class with good gear , shards and g17 def wep will be tanky and thats to be expected, sins will also have a way harder time killing this kind of geared ppl , same would go for dbs and etc.
    Meta will change completely once ppl start making g17r5 weps and thats to be expected, heck idk what ppl are really thinking , META AND THE GAME NEEDS TO CHANGE to keep it interesting and so that ppl got stuff to do , otherwise there would be mass quitting of ppl (same reason ppl mass quit pservers after a while), pking same ppl after a while gets boring with nothing else to do and if meta doesnt shift its gg xD.
    Depending how things with runes go , there is a chance that the dmg gained from it balances out g17 def weps and the game ends up being more balanced then at any point in the past.
    Talking about balance i see a lot of ppl on forum and ig now and in the past said that balance is ****, this game is broken bla bla , thats mostly bs , completely same gear , cards reborned , shards refines etc the game is actually in a good place but on live servers that is impossible to see since ppl got different gear/refines/cards/charts and etc xD
    Joe u said u can beat anyone with any class basicly if u got decent gear, if classes werent balanced trust me that would be kinda impossible to achieve, from my pov its simple, every class got conditions it needs to fulfill to win the fight , if they are met u win if they arent u loose, thats my definition of skill , if you can bait out your enemy to go full offensive and waste everything and if u keep yourself alive he is defenseless and u kill him easy xD
    Little example with a sin , u wont fight him face on with deaden and tidal on , he will destroy you cause off dmg input , you will kite and focus on def while its off and try to kill him in that window where he's at his weakest xD

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    But enough of this talk to get back on topic, if like you said NP sin with lvl3 stones g17 wep is op as fk , i agree but it woudnt be so op if everyone else got access to g17 weps not just who cashes the most and u farm for it 2 years , the point here is that we need these mats from tourny to be obtainable in more ways, bigger quantity and kinda easier then just 1 every 3 weeks if ur lucky enough to end up all 3 times in diamond room or every 150+ runs for maybe 1 zenith skull , THAT is the main problem here.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    sin20 wrote: »
    Just as scary as a NP lvl 3 stone sin with g17 wep is , NP cleric with def lvl 3 stones and g17 def wep is gonna be hard as fk to kill, same would go for every other class.
    Idk about u guys but my goal is to get g17 def wep since start xD
    Any class with good gear , shards and g17 def wep will be tanky and thats to be expected, sins will also have a way harder time killing this kind of geared ppl , same would go for dbs and etc.
    Meta will change completely once ppl start making g17r5 weps and thats to be expected, heck idk what ppl are really thinking , META AND THE GAME NEEDS TO CHANGE to keep it interesting and so that ppl got stuff to do , otherwise there would be mass quitting of ppl (same reason ppl mass quit pservers after a while), pking same ppl after a while gets boring with nothing else to do and if meta doesnt shift its gg xD.
    Depending how things with runes go , there is a chance that the dmg gained from it balances out g17 def weps and the game ends up being more balanced then at any point in the past.
    Talking about balance i see a lot of ppl on forum and ig now and in the past said that balance is ****, this game is broken bla bla , thats mostly bs , completely same gear , cards reborned , shards refines etc the game is actually in a good place but on live servers that is impossible to see since ppl got different gear/refines/cards/charts and etc xD
    Joe u said u can beat anyone with any class basicly if u got decent gear, if classes werent balanced trust me that would be kinda impossible to achieve, from my pov its simple, every class got conditions it needs to fulfill to win the fight , if they are met u win if they arent u loose, thats my definition of skill , if you can bait out your enemy to go full offensive and waste everything and if u keep yourself alive he is defenseless and u kill him easy xD
    Little example with a sin , u wont fight him face on with deaden and tidal on , he will destroy you cause off dmg input , you will kite and focus on def while its off and try to kill him in that window where he's at his weakest xD

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    But enough of this talk to get back on topic, if like you said NP sin with lvl3 stones g17 wep is op as fk , i agree but it woudnt be so op if everyone else got access to g17 weps not just who cashes the most and u farm for it 2 years , the point here is that we need these mats from tourny to be obtainable in more ways, bigger quantity and kinda easier then just 1 every 3 weeks if ur lucky enough to end up all 3 times in diamond room or every 150+ runs for maybe 1 zenith skull , THAT is the main problem here.

Honestly G17 will **** cleric over because everyone will have purge weps, which basically means no more IH tanking, no more plume shell, no more sage vanguard p. def buffs. Clerics rely on those long-term buffs to tank in pvp, I don't care if they have 200 def levels, being buffless as a cloth arcane class = easy kill by any endgamed sin (also don't forget the purify procs on 80 def lvl weps will likely be the crappy, nerfed version.)

Just a basic SOD pot improves survivability to over 200% base, 80 def levels doesn't look that good in comparison. The meta is tilting extremely hard over to sins.

• eirghan
    I never said g17/serenity stones or anything was an effective way to spend your money.

Balance has nothing to do with what players will spend on and all to do with the options available.

The argument was that g17 defense levels are unbalanced.

I simply suggested that it may be unbalanced now but there may be balance in the eyes of cn who have sights on the bigger picture and what is coming in the future.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    While I do agree with you @eirghan let's be real some people have done +3 stones (miraculously) these stones are unruly expensive as if +2 wasn't bad enough +3 is doing it what x2 over again? Not even to mention +12 which yeah it's like chub change in comparison but still! If they introduce a g17 gear or name it rank 10 but g16 whatever they better be careful with that concept. Honestly for me another gear set in which I can even only transfer 1 or the other for free I won't want it. It's either you make it super expensive and I keep my gems and refines or I don't want it at all. I can't speak for everyone else and they are entitled to their opinion but this is my take on this.

I'm in the boat where I'll quit if they do make another tier of gear without some way to cheaply transfer gems and refines.

R9R3 was terrible. R9R1 was the only time they did it right. R9R2 was still terrible with the forced Chienkuns. Deity/Jades/Serenity/Devil stones are insanely expensive and there was alot of time and money sunk into them. PWI isn't like China, and I hope this sort of feedback is making its way back to the developers in China.

R9R3/4 (the boundless downgrades near the NW forges) would've made me quit were it not for the fact they were utterly trash.
  • eyes7
    eyes7 Posts: 4 Arc User
    The main solution as I see it is simple.

Skull shard that is farmed is bound and cannot be traded or stashed. eg. barb blood. So you can make skull shard available in tower since you only can get the skull shard once a week as part of the reward for doing ti once a week. No need for complicated timing / glitch etc problem. Open to all to get it.

Only Skull shard that is from boutique can be traded and stashed. CS can shop to their hearts content.

Skull shard from instance only drop once per squad per person per day. Same thing like if you have someone in your squad that has no more exp time the whole squad don't get exp. So it means if someone already did a UP or UPD run, him being in the squad or instance for another UPD run would cause the whole squad not to get a skull drop.

For the above only 2 thing need to be done :-
    (1) Have 2 versions of the skull shard and skull. eg Orbs bound and non bound
    (2) Check before red drop that all squad members / non squad members in the instance have not gotten the daily UP reward. If anyone has then default to UP instead of UPD drops. This check is performed multiple times randomly at each stage of the 4 bosses.

No more problem with people exploiting the system and opens the system to fair farming and getting G17.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    blazerboy wrote: »

I'm in the boat where I'll quit if they do make another tier of gear without some way to cheaply transfer gems and refines.

R9R3 was terrible. R9R1 was the only time they did it right. R9R2 was still terrible with the forced Chienkuns. Deity/Jades/Serenity/Devil stones are insanely expensive and there was alot of time and money sunk into them. PWI isn't like China, and I hope this sort of feedback is making its way back to the developers in China.

R9R3/4 (the boundless downgrades near the NW forges) would've made me quit were it not for the fact they were utterly trash.

My guess is that they will continue to make it easier to obtain high level gems/orbs from spend and charge rewards. Every single expansion has consistently required people to put in money to stay current with cs'ers, it was just done in a different way than replacing old gear. But the end result was the same. People spent $1000+ on star charts to stay on top, same for cards, every major expansion.

1-11 can already be done entirely for free through event gold, tower farming, and spend rewards. The only issue now is shards, but even that can be done potentially for free (there have been 2 spend rewards iirc where people could have gotten a total of up to 9 JoSD + 1 DoD per account). The only thing now is to tweak it so that all levels of spenders as well as 100% f2p players are properly balanced.

My guess is that this is simply a way for PWI to "bypass" all the restrictions put in my China at controlling prices, supply etc. I really hope pwi will start implement some ways to obtain high level gems and orbs without tying it to gold.
  • sin20
    edited December 2016
    dregenfox wrote: »
    Honestly G17 will **** cleric over because everyone will have purge weps, which basically means no more IH tanking, no more plume shell, no more sage vanguard p. def buffs. Clerics rely on those long-term buffs to tank in pvp, I don't care if they have 200 def levels, being buffless as a cloth arcane class = easy kill by any endgamed sin (also don't forget the purify procs on 80 def lvl weps will likely be the crappy, nerfed version.)

Just a basic SOD pot improves survivability to over 200% base, 80 def levels doesn't look that good in comparison. The meta is tilting extremely hard over to sins.

Purge weps will be op proly yea i agree but a good cleric with g17 def wep will be able to survive it without much problems , get purged use apoth or genie or rebuff without it.
    I dont think u realize how much tankiness 80 def lvl actually will give you , and thats why they are so hard to obtain, current def weps ppl got are from 20-25 def lvls , the def u get from that wep is more then being full jade + current def lvl , if you tell me that isnt op def wise then idk what to say xD

But 80 def lvls wep on top of jades or lvl 3 stones and if you add 2 unique addons on it (even if its just 1) , clerics and other support classes will ofc look to obtain the addon which is the best at keeping them alive and trust me that wont be bad like you say it will be.
    If a sin uses offensive wep with purge he wont have the tankiness of 80 def lvls other classes will have and wont be as hard to kill compared if he had 80 def lvls with some good def unique addon, and if he uses def wep he will have to switch to offensive wep and loose out on survivability but their target will keep it.
    Also keep in mind current def charms are broken as fk and together with 80def lvl weps will work out really well.
  • jsxshadow
    edited December 2016
    I can surely tell you guys the main point for not wanting G17 def weapons again, since everyone seemed to ignore it.

There is not enough damage to balance out such a massive increase in survivability. The classes which didnt have access to purify spell will be even tankier (even tho its the low version) but it wont matter much for the other caster either since you need alot more damage to kill them. Giving caster/archer GoF is like a 15% damage increase overall and depends on nothing but luck. If you deal 1k dmg on a max geared sin on full buffs you then deal 2k once in a blue moon. Wooow. Such increase. Purify alone makes it damn hard to debuff anyone then..let alone sins..but meh.

There won't be any damage increase that would outweight 80 def lvl + a new proc for half the classes. No way. The new skill stones certainly dont, new passives will most likely go for more def again and even if they dont..10 attack lvl is just nothing at all and would negate the other passive..so what do you guys expect? Spirit is both offensive and defensive..so that wont balance it out either.

Besides...judging from the fact that no one opened their ears wide when I said that I am ultra worried about people using multiple g17 weapons kinda proves that none of you have put REAL thought into it. Otherwise you would be just as scared as I am.

You want TWs with unkillable barbs? Heck..if they do it right...4 absolute max endgame barbs could solo an entire faction from this era of PWI without any support whatsoever if they do it right and you are telling me that it wont be as bad? Frigging ridiculous.

Like I said..you can have the attack version. It doesnt change much cause people will still die nearly as fast. Def version should never exist in out game whatsoever.
  • blazerboy
    @jsxshadow idk about the barb comment but from what I see people are willing to ignore how tanky people will get despite the fact we don't have the damage to Killl them. Some people think it's possible to perms disarm people good luck always having a Db and Bm working in tandem and always 100% in sync and never miss a opening. Because if a full serenity stone char has the untarget proc and gets ganked for even 1-2 sec window with the he/she can run to China unscathed. Nope people don't think about that they just wanna believe the game will never make g17 affordable and meta.A buddy of mine told me g17.4 is possible now in boutique in China even though it's expensive. Okay guys eventually g17.4 and g17.5 won't ever be affordable just like Rank 9 and NP or the fact 15.0 star chart isn't 100% farmable in a reasonable amount of time now OH WAIT IT IS. Wake up ppl you're clowning yourself...

The fact remains g17 def wep with a decent proc on a full serenity heck maybe full Jsod is absolutely broken. What will you do? Give us a passive to give us back crit damage? That puts us right back to square one with months of farming a passive for nothing ._. GGWP. Not to mention you give sins anymore damage after rune update and we will all need to sport the def wep while they can sport a atk in untarget or puri spell with full serenity stone and buffs and be aces Now let's all commence the global faceroll of trying to combat that
  • eirghan
    edited December 2016
    @jsxshadow - Besides...judging from the fact that no one opened their ears wide when I said that I am ultra worried about people using multiple g17 weapons kinda proves that none of you have put REAL thought into it. Otherwise you would be just as scared as I am.

Like I said..you can have the attack version. It doesnt change much cause people will still die nearly as fast. Def version should never exist in out game whatsoever.

No, it just proves that you havent read a single comment in this thread.... Ur arguing with yourself. No one disagreed with you...?
  • jsxshadow
    @eirghan ya, but most people talk about purge and GoF and so on..that doesnt really make a big difference. I just wanna remind people that 80 def lvl is far too broken.

And I know that you are the only one that kinda commented on what I said xD
  • sin20
    edited December 2016
    Just look how much time and effort is needed to farm just 1 wep , no1 is ignoring multiple weps but to get them will be almost impossible time and cost wise for everyone xD
    And yea with these def weps overall tankiness of the ppl will raise a lot thats sure but seeing how everyone can get 1shot by zerk crit from a sin nowadays and other stuff i woudnt argue its a bad thing.
    Imo with all these new changes as the gear and meta evolves so must our events , xTW has some bad problems about it in matchmaking and etc but overall its a really good type of war 60v60 , clear objectives , endgame objective in dragon and victory possible by having more points then the enemy.
    That being said joe mentioned tws with unkillable barbs , well my opinion is that TW has to finally evolve (or get reworked) and that many bugs and mechanics in it get changed or fixed, one good example is xTW :)

But to not further derail the topic with classes and what if bs , lets focus on whats important here :

WHOS THE LIMITE?
    @NewYorkCitY

Oh and yea we need them zenith skulls.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    My guess is that they will continue to make it easier to obtain high level gems/orbs from spend and charge rewards. Every single expansion has consistently required people to put in money to stay current with cs'ers, it was just done in a different way than replacing old gear. But the end result was the same. People spent $1000+ on star charts to stay on top, same for cards, every major expansion.

1-11 can already be done entirely for free through event gold, tower farming, and spend rewards. The only issue now is shards, but even that can be done potentially for free (there have been 2 spend rewards iirc where people could have gotten a total of up to 9 JoSD + 1 DoD per account). The only thing now is to tweak it so that all levels of spenders as well as 100% f2p players are properly balanced.

My guess is that this is simply a way for PWI to "bypass" all the restrictions put in my China at controlling prices, supply etc. I really hope pwi will start implement some ways to obtain high level gems and orbs without tying it to gold.

Damn we've been found out! *shifty eyes*

On a serious note, this is why I'm looking at "completion" competition for dungeons and to make the rewards compelling enough to run them continuously. I'll continue to find other ways to pump stuff in, whether it be though the Event Gold Shop or by other means. DQ is accessible by all content-but I'm wondering if opening up OHT materials for something of use would be something people would be interested in. Would love to bring back Card Boss Farming as well in some form or fashion.

So far, at least for dungeons worth the difficulty of auxiliary rewards for Zenith Skulls, we have - Heavenfall, Delta, BH 100's, FSP, UP/DUP, UCH, Nirvana(?). I would throw Quicksand Maze onto that pile as well, but I'm not sure how people feel about that one. Do people need Draconic Essences as well, or did everyone max out their Homesteads already? No one's mentioned it I think, but figured I'd ask.
  • sin20

Damn we've been found out! *shifty eyes*

On a serious note, this is why I'm looking at "completion" competition for dungeons and to make the rewards compelling enough to run them continuously. I'll continue to find other ways to pump stuff in, whether it be though the Event Gold Shop or by other means. DQ is accessible by all content-but I'm wondering if opening up OHT materials for something of use would be something people would be interested in. Would love to bring back Card Boss Farming as well in some form or fashion.

So far, at least for dungeons worth the difficulty of auxiliary rewards for Zenith Skulls, we have - Heavenfall, Delta, BH 100's, FSP, UP/DUP, UCH, Nirvana(?). I would throw Quicksand Maze onto that pile as well, but I'm not sure how people feel about that one. Do people need Draconic Essences as well, or did everyone max out their Homesteads already? No one's mentioned it I think, but figured I'd ask.

Well id say ppl with maxed homes need it and a lot of ppl that dont have it maxed will need both Zenith skulls and Draconic Essences.
    The idea of having Heavenfall and other high lvl instances drop these mats is not bad and could revive some dead instances providing the rewards are actually worth xD
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I think Draconic Essences are in an OK place relative to the other stuff.
    13 Draconic Essences, 300 Profane Wood, and 1045 Ether Jades all take around a year and a half of PvE farming.

The 61 Zenith Skulls take 167 years on average in normal UP, or 17 years of farming UPD now that it drops a shard. The tournament introduces maybe 1 or 2 Skulls to the server per week which might double the server supply so that drops the average from 17 years to 8 years?

Either way it's in extreme low supply to the other mats which are at a year and a half.
  • blazerboy
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I'd be totally fine if y'all found easier ways to get gems outside of packs would actually make me much more enclined to play more and reuse old instances :D keep up the good work ^^
  • yuyi#4233
    yuyi#4233 Posts: 28 Arc User
    Dragonic Essence should stay the way they are right now, let's not make those any easier to obtain.

Honestly though, I'm kind of surprised how many people are actually working towards the last version of g17, feels like there's like 5 people (including my self) working towards it on Dawnglory. As for how the meta will change and how broken 80 def lvl g17 is, good too, let it be. Kind of tired being a cleric (I know it's bond to happen) constantly being chased by 5 people without being able to breathe and then die on the first zerk crit a sin does and make it look like a ''ggez'' gtfo lol. Not enough damage? Yet there's a **** amount of cc (paralyze) and purges (soon to see more purge g17 weapons) to keep 1 or multiple targets locked (hi vortex). I will be enjoying my 80 def lvl weapon later on with the proper effort, time and preparation for it, which imho g17 should be handled very very careful and not to be accessed randomly. Therefore, it should feel REWARDING the effort and time, as well the cost if anyone dares to cash shop it all because of how incredibly broken and expensive it is.

I'm fine with a slight ease of access with at least Dull Zenith Fragments(?) but the full piece and/or Dragonic essence, should stay how it is. Aside of the time lost of delayed expansion to grind the mat, we should also not give it away for ''free'' simply because 90% the players refused to invest/contribute on their homestead and work towards it, that's their own decision, fault and ignorance to not look ahead down the road what's coming and how OP things will be and change.
  • blazerboy
    edited December 2016
    Btw @eirghan just wants a g17 purge def wep so she can purge us all with vortex and SS ion spike Gemini us dead GGWP that's why she is in favor of the wep >.>

Btw @gret2692 hi yuyi when it's easy to cs this I get last laugh!