2017 Community Mount FINAL POLL!!!

2»

Comments

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    e]Must be nice to live under that comfy rock . If that's how you think the world works .... you probably need some safe spaces .

It is how the world works. You feel so unconfident in your own design that you want to buy votes. If the community wants it we will vote for it, if not, we won't.

That's how the world works in reality.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • valdisman
    edited December 2016
    On the Nuwa mount it says: Ancient - She is widely known as the mother of China, the root of Perfect World. She repaired the damaged heaven and made humankind through molding of a clay.

Pan Gu is the creator of China, Perfect World and humankind though.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • n3murinomori
    n3murinomori Posts: 43 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    e]Must be nice to live under that comfy rock . If that's how you think the world works .... you probably need some safe spaces .

It is how the world works. You feel so unconfident in your own design that you want to buy votes. If the community wants it we will vote for it, if not, we won't.

That's how the world works in reality.

You keep saying community but be real . Nobody is even browsing the forums . The community you speak of is in the game , not on the forums . How is it bad to make them get engaged in this activity ?
    TheGreatKhan of DawnGlory
    sadasdds.png
  • valdisman
    You keep saying community but be real . Nobody is even browsing the forums . The community you speak of is in the game , not on the forums . How is it bad to make them get engaged in this activity ?

This poll is all over FB, Arc, Many guild shivtr have the link up. People are voting and it's for the mount they want.

Again, if you feel you need to buy votes, should do a better mount design so you have more confidence in it. Anything way too complicated with too many colors or designs are too complicated to implement, even if it does get most votes, its impractical.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • west#8973
    west#8973 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    wayne#8322 wrote: »
    I compiled some of outstanding mounts that didn't make it to finals.
    Try to decide it for yourselves guys.
    294noy1.jpg
    They are making it way too obvious. Unjustness at its finest LMAO

lol so true
    west#8973 wrote: »

They should at least give explanation why didn't that mount make it to top 10. That mount is a podium worth finish but it didn't even reached top 10. Hmmmm the smell of fish is very strong.

There was a lot of good designs that didnt make the cut, they would have to explain for every other contestant too why they didnt make it then. And knowing PWI and every other competition they've had, the most complicated ones often dont make the cut, it's sad but true, that's why I myself dont bother sending in anything to complicated for them, after all, they are the ones that is going to model it and animate it.

I think like this cause I've studied games, character design and animation, and every time I turned in a task where my character was to complicated I was asked to simplify it :sweat:

Yes, I also have background in game design, if you are a good 3d game artist, you can convert any concepts with complicated designs in low polygons. They should made the contest like make the simplest mount, not worth for PWI 9th anniversary lol
    On the Nuwa mount it says: Ancient - She is widely known as the mother of China, the root of Perfect World. She repaired the damaged heaven and made humankind through molding of a clay.

Pan Gu is the creator of China, Perfect World and humankind though.

I think he just gave rl history based background of Nuwa with that. It also stated there that she lived after Pan Gu's era so Pan Gu was still the main creator, perhaps she just modified and maintained what Pan Gu created.
  • xwhitefrostx
    xwhitefrostx Posts: 45 Arc User

Yes, I also have background in game design, if you are a good 3d game artist, you can convert any concepts with complicated designs in low polygons. They should made the contest like make the simplest mount, not worth for PWI 9th anniversary lol

haha yeah, I remember one of my first animations, I was gonna animate a chess board and have the chess pieces do attack animations and the king do death animation, I **** up the rigging and one of the pieces' arms got stuck in air while the character moved forward lol, it's fun as long as u get it right xD

But yeah PWI have skilled ppl so shouldn't really be a problem, but then again as I said earlier, they dont really pick very complecated things, might be that they want everyone to have a chance, not only the good drawers, might just be the ideas they like or something, idk xD

vFDFy6t.gif
  • irene#5793
    irene#5793 Posts: 2 New User
    Are you guys in your right minds? They always do this in their contests. There's nothing really new... Meh
  • west#8973

haha yeah, I remember one of my first animations, I was gonna animate a chess board and have the chess pieces do attack animations and the king do death animation, I **** up the rigging and one of the pieces' arms got stuck in air while the character moved forward lol, it's fun as long as u get it right xD

But yeah PWI have skilled ppl so shouldn't really be a problem, but then again as I said earlier, they dont really pick very complecated things, might be that they want everyone to have a chance, not only the good drawers, might just be the ideas they like or something, idk xD

We also have chess model as our first activity, I remember how it feels good when you made a chess piece with just using a cube polygon xD

I just feel so bad for them, they joined the contest with their utmost effort but in the end, they only picked mostly who didn't followed the criteria and made the generic mounts. A clarification will do but the management acting like they knew nothing about it, they don't even respond on this thread.
  • xwhitefrostx
    xwhitefrostx Posts: 45 Arc User

We also have chess model as our first activity, I remember how it feels good when you made a chess piece with just using a cube polygon xD

I just feel so bad for them, they joined the contest with their utmost effort but in the end, they only picked mostly who didn't followed the criteria and made the generic mounts. A clarification will do but the management acting like they knew nothing about it, they don't even respond on this thread.

Lol I think pretty much everyone got the damn chess task xD I made my pieces look like lizard men xD

N there is always people that dont follow the criteria and still get past it, happened before with pwi comps too, it's annoying, next time imma just make one the way i want it without following criterias, and one following em, as it seems like at the end, they dun really pay attention to their own criterias, what was the point of the polls then xD

vFDFy6t.gif
  • irene#5793
    irene#5793 Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2016
    They can't answer your questions but they can update the boutique market in no time... nothing really new indeed
  • west#8973

Lol I think pretty much everyone got the damn chess task xD I made my pieces look like lizard men xD

N there is always people that dont follow the criteria and still get past it, happened before with pwi comps too, it's annoying, next time imma just make one the way i want it without following criterias, and one following em, as it seems like at the end, they dun really pay attention to their own criterias, what was the point of the polls then xD

Cool! do you have link of your work? I want to see it :)

Yeah, criterias and rules are made to be followed :( It is very sad and alarming that they consistently applying it to their contests. Up to this point, it is all backed with suspicions and questions.
    irene#5793 wrote: »
    They can't answer your questions but they can update the boutique market in no time... nothing really new indeed

It is just a simple question yet they can't answer it. Might as well they committed a crime? they just don't want it to be revealed. Well everyone already knew about it because they are always doing it in their contests.
  • valdisman
    Any update on when this polling is closed?
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • wayne#8322
    wayne#8322 Posts: 6 Arc User
    irene#5793 wrote: »

ROFL
    Any update on when this polling is closed?

I guess they are never going to reply

And also we already sent the matter directly to wanmei w2 and pwe since they are not replying us here. Lets just look forward to their next actions.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I was on and off during the break and didn't really check in this thread, especially since I didn't see any tags come up (I cleared though my top tags last time however, so I could have missed a tag from this thread a few weeks or so ago). Since my duties are split heavily between QA and well, everything else, I don't always get to every single thread. Because I have to work on events, boutique updates, blogs for said updates and events, suggestions from players, TW and DC rewards structures, DQ rewards, making codes/login rewards and follow up on bug reports, I don't always get to every single discussion topic. Not to digress too much, but boutique updates are done and patched in weeks in advance anyways, so pointing out that they always get updated isn't really pertinent to the discussion.

I sent off a list of mounts that I was looking at and then from there, they were looked through. Asking for responses on contest selections and getting responses that are not deemed satisfactory will only fuel even more complaints. This is always the risk of running contests where any sort of subjectivity comes into play. I am sorry you feel that way about the mounts that ultimately ended up being selected, but to go over every single mount that got rejected and why would take alot of time - some failed to meet all of the requirements of the contest and some run into copyright issues.
  • valdisman
    I was on and off during the break and didn't really check in this thread, especially since I didn't see any tags come up (I cleared though my top tags last time however, so I could have missed a tag from this thread a few weeks or so ago). Since my duties are split heavily between QA and well, everything else, I don't always get to every single thread. Because I have to work on events, boutique updates, blogs for said updates and events, suggestions from players, TW and DC rewards structures, DQ rewards, making codes/login rewards and follow up on bug reports, I don't always get to every single discussion topic. Not to digress too much, but boutique updates are done and patched in weeks in advance anyways, so pointing out that they always get updated isn't really pertinent to the discussion.

I sent off a list of mounts that I was looking at and then from there, they were looked through. Asking for responses on contest selections and getting responses that are not deemed satisfactory will only fuel even more complaints. This is always the risk of running contests where any sort of subjectivity comes into play. I am sorry you feel that way about the mounts that ultimately ended up being selected, but to go over every single mount that got rejected and why would take alot of time - some failed to meet all of the requirements of the contest and some run into copyright issues.

Could still post them so people know what they did wrong. Name and Shame the copyright copy and pasters!!
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • west#8973

The gargoyle and kirin mount is so generic that it can have copyright issues but still made it to final poll. And also theres the top 1 mount, who failed to meet all of the requirements.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    There was a centralization on the crown as being the "curled horns" interpretation, but there were two curled protrusions from underneath the helmet that was counted towards the curled horn requirement. Glowing eyes was addressed in the post description as showing though the visor, bipedal traits as alluded to the Wyvern (though the initial pose can throw confusion.), Feathered and mammalian covered via the feathered arms and human traits respectively. The ancient portion (that it being an ancient creature of mythology) was given, though I would have pointed to the armor and adornments as being the allusion to "Ancient". The "Ancient" traits were the ones most open to interpretation and was probably the most flexible of the requirements as people went with anything from tying it into ancient lore, tribal markings, old aged ornaments, actually age of the mount etc.

Both the gargoyle-esque mount and the kirin (more the later) have enough exposure in games/animation/media and enough concepts that one could argue that they could fall under that. The gargoyle one departs from the usual brutish look to go for more of a lion face as opposed to a bat or devilish face, substituting bat wings for feathered ones. Kirin mounts are in a few MMO's already and you'll find some variation or another of one, though none come bipedal to my knowledge. Both of these mounts traits wise fell into our requirements.

Since our polls are closed and our winners have been announced, I'll go ahead and close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.