[G17 Weapon] Zenith Skull

maksim1995
maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
edited December 2016 in General Discussion
Hey @kalystconquerer#0876
I would like to offer some more options to get Zenith Skulls, since we got TNF event only two weeks ago (basically missed 6+ months) of rewards.

1. Add [Dull Zenith Skull Shard] as a reward to all the Crimson (7.6k+ prosperity) Homestead Quests. It will take like 1+ year, but still possible to farm enough in that way. Also, a lot more people gonna be interested to buy Professional Trophy Chests to make their high level trophy's.
2. Add [Dull Zenith Skull Shard] as a reward from Travel in Uncharted Paradise daily UP/dUP Quest. It will be fair for all the squad members + you can still loto that one shard from last dUP boss.
3. Expand Token of Tenacity a.k.a Warrior Chest: Diamond reward to lower grade chests (Warrior Chest: Platinum and maybe Warrior Chest: Gold) because it is really hard to get to that last Diamond Hall. :(

Waiting for your answer, thanks in advance!

Comments

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Apparently in PWCN they added it to the boutique. tiger-9.gif
    Personally I'm not rushing Skulls at the moment since I'd just be gated on Draconics which are currently only available from Crimsons. I still have 9 more months of farming Crimsons so by then I'm hoping for an easier way to get the 60 Skulls.
    ​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @asterelle Ewwww did they really? I'm pretty sure the value they suggest for us if I ask them about it will spark another round of "game is dead/suicidal" remarks. Do you happen to have SS of their boutique btw? I'd like to see what their price is in-game and the reasoning behind their values.

@maksim1995 These all look like asking for coding changes from CN. Just slapping them in the Boutique while not providing other avenues to obtain them would end up souring the playerbase. They all sound like good thoughts, but it'd have to be something devs change on their end.

I'm wondering if, say, opening them up as raffle prizes or event prizes for things we run on our end will be a better route? I'm also thinking about possibly adding them to the TW prizings or CS prizes to alleviate the supply problems (though this does end up keeping the earning potential amongst the high spenders or the most powerful players)

I asked about this but only got vague answers, but what ever happened to the Heavenfall competition? Wasn't there supposed to be some scoring kept or something? Maybe opening up a prize selection for participating in that as well?

I'm sort of in my "idea gathering/looking for feedback phase" since I'm on break.
  • icykisses2
    icykisses2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Adding rewards for heavensfall competition on a weekly basis would be great and would get more players to participate in it as well. Right now having a good time on the heavensfall temple is pointless since there is no incentive for anyone to try and beat anyone else's time. Having rewards for record times will entice people to strive to beat it faster ignoring the glitch.
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    I would like to see a server counter (refresh it after every maintainance) to see how many "Dull Zenith Skull Shards" are on every server xD.
    I'd bet the amount of "Dull Zenith Skull Shards" is ridiculous low on TT server.
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    Apparently in PWCN they added it to the boutique.​​
    lmfao, inb4 they are 100 Gold each here. :)

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer What I am hearing is that the boutique with the G17 stuff is available from the "Treasure Merchant Ethera" NPC in Primal world. I don't have any chars able to enter that land so I am unable to confirm. Maybe there is someone else with a char on PWCN able to enter or is otherwise more knowledgeable. ​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @asterelle Ahhh I see! I found that NPC in our version - but it seems (?) to have a split boutique interface than the regular one when I clicked on it. CN's might have a totally different layout so this is something I could ask them directly about for more information. I'm still not particularly hot on just cramming Zenith Skulls it into a boutique or boutique-like interface without making it available in other routes. (especially since that NPC only takes Zen :/ )

Qualifying for the Cross Server opens up getting lower halls for Tokens of Tenacity in Cross Server Tournament, but it circles back to that weird seasons thing that we need to continue discussing with CN.
  • wesker
    wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
    @asterelle Ewwww did they really? I'm pretty sure the value they suggest for us if I ask them about it will spark another round of "game is dead/suicidal" remarks. Do you happen to have SS of their boutique btw? I'd like to see what their price is in-game and the reasoning behind their values.

@maksim1995 These all look like asking for coding changes from CN. Just slapping them in the Boutique while not providing other avenues to obtain them would end up souring the playerbase. They all sound like good thoughts, but it'd have to be something devs change on their end.

I'm wondering if, say, opening them up as raffle prizes or event prizes for things we run on our end will be a better route? I'm also thinking about possibly adding them to the TW prizings or CS prizes to alleviate the supply problems (though this does end up keeping the earning potential amongst the high spenders or the most powerful players)

I asked about this but only got vague answers, but what ever happened to the Heavenfall competition? Wasn't there supposed to be some scoring kept or something? Maybe opening up a prize selection for participating in that as well?

I'm sort of in my "idea gathering/looking for feedback phase" since I'm on break.
    raffle prizes - plz no
    event prizes? sounds good but that would be too easy

I like the Heavenfall temple idea - I just suggest to replace thigs such as: Garan Stone, Strongwing Badge and Kunwoo Blade (no1 needs them) with Dull zenit skull shard and make them tradable - ppl will farm this inst again like crazy while zenit skull will be still rly valuable because you need 10 shards to manufacture 1 dull zenit skull

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Yea expanding tenacity tokens to gold and plat would be the best idea possible, if you just add them as some sort of competition reward for tower someone will find a bug that will enable him/her to farm it on regular basis without the rest having much chance (like it happened before when ppl manipulated times).
    And being in top faction doesnt guarantee that you will get to diamond rofl, only a very limited amount of ppl can get there and i dont see same ppl getting there every week to farm zenith skulls, eventually it would all depend on luck and the eye 1shot xD

We all know it will eventually get in boutique but after farming g17 wep mats for so long ,imo we should have a chance to get it from tower as a reward in last 2 boss rooms (even with low %) and tourny rewards should be buffed up since even by doing that nothing is really worth that much there that would be game breaking or flooding the market.
  • liliida
    liliida Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @kalystconquerer it would be really nice if we could get an option to farm dull zenith skull faster, seeing how ill be done with all mats for casts 1-5 in about 1month (yes im that dedicated yes i also got draconic essences no i didnt buy a single mat except skulls) except ofc zenith skulls
    in over 300 UP runs i havent seen a single one of them drop, while the drop rate is supposedly ~1% and theres ppl claiming to get at least 1skull in 10 runs
    its nice and all that we can get 1skull in 10 days with UPD but thats only if the squad was actually willing to sell it to u and not randomly split it
    but given u need 61 zenith skulls for cast4+5 and theres idk how many ppl who want the weapon thats just not realistic imo

regarding the local thursday night tourney, id also vouch for adding the token of tenacity to plat chests given with current amount of participants theres only like 3 ppl each week who can win diamon chest (half of the ppl per room have to die to advance, 5 rooms total - our server got roughly 120 participants per week - do the math
    for 320ppl (max) thats still only 10ppl who can win, and u need to win 3x to get 1 skull
    and even when ur tanky enough to survive its still a 50:50 chance to get it or not given the random oneshots of the godseye in each room when ppl take too long to kill each other)
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    I support the idea of the towers. As of now, prizes ranges from ok to horrible in my opinion for that kind of challenge that takes time and repetitive rooms. (especially in later rooms, where to some it's a struggle and they get... what? Stuff that they don't need and they can't even sell to other players and that they have a npc value of 1 coin? Does that even make sense to you all?)
    A chance of getting a skull shard (even if it's a slim one) would make people more interested
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    I agree. Warsoul mats and not getting blessings at the end of tower is a slap in the face
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Alright so before I entertain the Tower thought further, I did some digging.

Supposed pet glitch fix did not work
    Challenge of Champions Heavenfall Event Thread

If we do anything like this again 1) clearer communication needs to be had 2) ranking evaluations can not be changed midway though confusing players 3) any glitches or exploits need to be fixed before attempting this OR unrealistic times would have to be thrown out, which cause validity issues in rankings and might require resets.

Because the effort to get good times requires alot of time put in, the rewards need to be much better than what was ultimately given out. At the same time, players who will cheat to get those said good rewards ends up ruining it for everyone else. I like Heavenfall as a concept, but the abuses and the way it was handled in the past leaves much to be desired. Keep in mind this is just from reading the forum threads about this event, I did not have personal experience in the event itself.
  • zigheart92
    zigheart92 Posts: 54 Arc User
    wesker wrote: »

raffle prizes - plz no
    event prizes? sounds good but that would be too easy

I like the Heavenfall temple idea - I just suggest to replace thigs such as: Garan Stone, Strongwing Badge and Kunwoo Blade (no1 needs them) with Dull zenit skull shard and make them tradable - ppl will farm this inst again like crazy while zenit skull will be still rly valuable because you need 10 shards to manufacture 1 dull zenit skull

Absolutely not >.> I'm still rerolling my r8rr, and HF is a primary source of kunwuu and strongwind badges. I know i'm not the only one that would be pissed at a change like that. I agree that they should be added to heavenfall, but perhaps as a clearing reward. the current clear reward is... well not good xD
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 i would like to see the mats added as a chance reward INSIDE tower, but god dear no lets not run a competition like last one again. Some classes just cant compete, and i would really prefer not pull my hairs out keep restart rooms trying to get perfect time.
    Also the rankings still need to be reset. Forexample first place is a glitched time.

As for r8rr i hate the badges, but kunwoo and especially garan is nice.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    perhaps r8rr stuff is useful to some, but most that get that high in the tower has no use for them (r9 people mostly). Getting a kunwoo or something like that after hours of grueling repetitive rooms makes a lot of people go "WTF is this? Why did I even bother?"
    I'm not saying that they should be replaced or taken away from tower. I'm saying that these rewards feels not worth the effort for being a reward for the last two boss rooms. Sure, there's the exp, which is nice, but it's not enough to make most go through all the troubles to get to the end.

Maybe have them on lower rooms while leaving the final two (and maybe completion reward) for something better, like a chance for the shard of zenith skull
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    I'm sure alot of the cross server tower completion times are all glitched. I'm suprised that the times haven't been erased/reset , pretty much tells me it's ok to cheat xD

It is also so misleading, how is that competition? It's probably disheartening to alot of people and can discourage from even wanting to complete tower. ( As well as the rewards ofc)
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    We haven't run a Heavenfall competition in ages, so I'm guessing the rankings were never wiped. Though it's nice to know what's considered impossible times based on the threads plus the in-game times, so those can be chucked. Its not saying it's ok to cheat, seems more like something quickly abandoned due to the backlash. I'm actually wondering if those times can actually "never be reset" especially the cross server stuff. If the glitching can not be resolved, I think I'd much rather go with "who can complete all floors in one go the fastest?" or "how many times can your server complete the entire tower" as opposed to "who can manipulate the timer and redo rooms the best?" Has anyone actually sat though running each room back to back before and if so, how long did it take you? Perhaps we can institute a tier system, where if you run it x amount of times you get increasingly better rewards given to you, plus you can count towards a serverwide or even global reward.

Suggesting changes to the actual rewards in the tower requires CN to make those changes. Same goes for doing things like changing UP quest, changing Tournament reward chests etc. And if any of those are accepted by CN, the timeframe can range from maybe a month to the next content update, which could be too long for some. Giving supplemental rewards for completion is something that's more "immediate", while we throw ideas and suggestions to them to consider.
  • shopcheese
    edited December 2016
    The rankings can be reset as it was reset once to remove a glitched time when the glitch where just discovered, the problem was they didnt actual fix the glitch FIRST >.> So some (some! not all) people who gained prizes from that competition, also glitched their time, and those times are still somewhere in the top.

To be clear I dont mind having a tower competition, I just REALLY dont want it to be "who can get the best tower time", because tower itself already take a really long time, and getting a faster time actually takes even LONGER time... its just a pain...
  • zigheart92
    edited December 2016
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    jesus is people really going r8rr, why in the hell even...

Because defensively you can max out at 45 def lvls which is amazing for sacrificial slash on seeker. I'm still rerolling to get 35+i'm sitting at 26 atm. I'm also r9rr.
  • shopcheese
    Actually it can get 50 max. 35+ is very do able with a little bit of effort.
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »

g17 has 80​​

Yea and with how easy it is to reach that 80 def lvls we can expect ppl to have that weps in 2 years XD
  • zigheart92

g17 has 80​​
    sin20 wrote: »

g17 has 80​​

Yea and with how easy it is to reach that 80 def lvls we can expect ppl to have that weps in 2 years XD

enough said xD its dirt cheap and easy to reroll r8rr, tower gives most of the mats and you keep all shards and refines free. you can also use spirit of the forge to preview the next roll and decide to keep them or not.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I dunno why people are so desperatly trying to get a g17.5 weapon? If you guys would just slap them into the boutique for 200g each they would buy it (at least some of them) and then what? Having another advantage so that they can win/dominate?

I really dunno why people want this stuff fast..and why they would spend thousands on it. If they win with it then everyone knows its just because they've bought an advantage and not because they are actually good and more often then not they become massive, running jokes..so why? Why would you spend so much money just to make a joke out of yourself?

Guess I'll never understand that. Too bad you cant buy skill I guess :D

Personally..I would really like to not have g17 weapons at all. They are just way too expensive and I dont see them getting cheaper. It's pretty much like warsoul back in the day and thus completely uninteresting. You can't really make a single piece of gear cost 4x as much as a complete endgame set + refine + shards would cost. That's just dumb. The time r9 became achievable was the best time in PWI cause everyone could get it. 800 gold and you are set. Easy enough even with farming. 10k (estimation) gold or 3 years of farming...well not so much.

If you include something in a game that could change the balance drastically then you have to find a way for everyone to get it or dont include it at all.

I much rather roll another char and max gear it before I buy a single weapon for one char rofl. Who in the right mind wouldnt? If people with g17 would wanna pvp/1v1 me I would tell them to only use r9 or to go play with themselves. Easy as that. OR the weapon (g17.4 at least) will be avaible at a price people can afford. Judging from the use you would have from a g17.4 it is not worth more than 500 gold and thats being very generous. You can make the last cast farmable or make it worth 1k gold more for those overachievers. Fair enough. The current pricing is just ridiculous and I doubt anyone would disagree. We are not in china. The community doesnt have CN-farmer only. It's time our playerbase is treated as such. r9.3 worked out well, didnt it? So why now take risks with g17? I don't get it.