2017 Community Mount FINAL POLL!!!

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
Greetings Perfect World,

After two long months of voting and designing, the time has finally come to pick a design!

Over the past couple months we have been polling you the community on which attributes this mount should have. Those polls are now complete, the designs are submitted, and now its time to choose…

Our judges poured over all the amazing entries and have narrowed it down to a top 10 finalists.

Remember, after all Polls, the PWI community has decided that this mount will be:

Bipedal
Mammal
Glowing Eyes
Curled Horns
Feathers
Ancient

To cast your vote for the 2017 community created anniversary mount vote here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FYMT9QL

The top 3 community voted designs will receive some really cool prizes:

First Place – You will receive full credit for the design of your mount, a special free copy of your mount when it is released, $100 free Zen

Second Place – A special free copy of the mount when it is released, $50 free Zen

Third Place - A special free copy of the mount when it is released, $30 free Zen

Good Luck Everyone!

Comments

• n3murinomori
    n3murinomori Posts: 43 Arc User
    Hmmm , my second design wasn't included :(
    TheGreatKhan of DawnGlory
    sadasdds.png
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I know which one I am definitely voting and hoping for but not sure if I am allowed to say publicly here (it might sway voters from their personal choices).

The cat one idea and design is nice and cute but the idea of the character sitting on the pillow will be difficult since there is only 1 mount sitting position in the game and that would mean the legs would go through the pillow, or the pillow will be oddly shaped to fit the character and it would not look as great as the original concept.

For example take the Monkey's Cloud mount that we already have, the legs make sense and go into the mount (since its a cloud) but it doesn't look as great as it could of been. If only this game had multiple mounting positions rather than just one, it would suit that mount more. Take Tera as a good example where their females sit with both legs to one side of a horse mount, while their males sit with one leg to each side. Sort of how it looks when a Barbarian carries a female in Tiger Form in PW or when a female sits while being embraced by a male toon on a mount.

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Bipedal. There is a mount on all fours...
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • afcmaybe
    afcmaybe Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Hmmm , my second design wasn't included :(
    I took the time to create three entries, so I'm feelin ya rn. I figure they only chose one design from people with multiple entries to prevent us having an unfair advantage. Kind of gutted about my kangaroo mount not being chosen but it wasn't that special, I guess.

Good luck everyone o:) Please vote for me lol oxoxo

Is there a closing date for the poll?
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    So we have a ripoff of the terror of the deep and ninetails mount... when we could have had something really unique.

GG

I guess I shouldn't complain much since I'm not artistic enough to submit anything myself. But still....... really people?
    Here we go again....
  • dat1guyy
    valdisman wrote: »

I would have to guess some of these mounts when idle would stand on two legs but personally, some bipedal mounts look very awkward. I assume some voters were joking around with the mount criteria and didn't expect to take it completely seriously (I was honestly expecting troll and ugly mounts submissions).

You have a valid point, but since it states that the judges have already narrowed it down to these mounts, it is now just up to the voters to choose which one out of the mounts listed to have in game. So out of the listed submissions, choose the one you would like to see most in game despite if it fits the criteria or not.
  • west#8973
    west#8973 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Eversince, my top mounts are Nuwa and The Ancient Infidel because they literally killed all of the attributes criteria but I'm quite surprised none of them made it to the voting poll. What did just happened? o.o

#Justice
  • isonaulti
    isonaulti Posts: 10 Arc User
    west#8973 wrote: »
    Eversince, my top mounts are Nuwa and The Ancient Infidel because they literally killed all of the attributes criteria but I'm quite surprised none of them made it to the voting poll. What did just happened? o.o

#Justice

+1 for Nuwa. It was probably because that mount had the most detail and requires more hours to draw/create, and PWI didn't want to spend the money.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Congrats to those that were picked and made it in the poll. Good luck everyone! fox-25.gif​​
  • badjig17
    badjig17 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @isonaulti Yeah, but it is an anniversary mount, it should be something special and expensive. Nuwa is simply breathtaking and it is also my top pick. I'm willing to sell my nudes just to buy it if ever PWI implemented it #JusticeforNuwa
    Post edited by badjig17 on
  • valdisman
    dat1guyy wrote: »

I would have to guess some of these mounts when idle would stand on two legs but personally, some bipedal mounts look very awkward. I assume some voters were joking around with the mount criteria and didn't expect to take it completely seriously (I was honestly expecting troll and ugly mounts submissions).

You have a valid point, but since it states that the judges have already narrowed it down to these mounts, it is now just up to the voters to choose which one out of the mounts listed to have in game. So out of the listed submissions, choose the one you would like to see most in game despite if it fits the criteria or not.

Thats what i'm afraid of xD We were given the chance to vote and choose unique criteria and the majority voted for ones we already have in the game!

I really like the idea of the gargoyle mount. However, thats all it really is, a generic gargoyle with feathered wings instead of skin. That could have been added at any time by PWI. This whole system was supposed to be a way of creating a one off unique mount and we have a list to choose from of mostly already fashioned ideas such as the kirins and gargoyle. They arent unique ideas imo as they already exist somewhere.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • dat1guyy
    edited December 2016
    Thats what i'm afraid of xD We were given the chance to vote and choose unique criteria and the majority voted for ones we already have in the game!

I really like the idea of the gargoyle mount. However, thats all it really is, a generic gargoyle with feathered wings instead of skin. That could have been added at any time by PWI. This whole system was supposed to be a way of creating a one off unique mount and we have a list to choose from of mostly already fashioned ideas such as the kirins and gargoyle. They arent unique ideas imo as they already exist somewhere.

I guess we can only hope it doesn't win then haha. What kind of mount idea did you have in mind? To be honest though, I'd be surprised if the developers(?) can create a close and actual representation of the custom submissions and their detail (I guess I am low-key praying that they don't mess up!). Coming up with a unique mount is pretty difficult to do given you have to find a decent way to put the character on that mount with only one default seating position. Ugh, it just forces you to have the character either ride on the back or the neck. That is my biggest pet peeve about this. Some in-game mounts personally drive me up the wall because how great they could of been but of course that isn't up for PWE to decide. :(
  • valdisman

I guess we can only hope it doesn't win then haha. What kind of mount idea did you have in mind? To be honest though, I'd be surprised if the developers(?) can create a close and actual representation of the custom submissions and their detail (I guess I am low-key praying that they don't mess up!). Coming up with a unique mount is pretty difficult to do given you have to find a decent way to put the character on that mount with only one default seating position. Ugh, it just forces you to have the character either ride on the back or the neck. That is my biggest pet peeve about this. Some in-game mounts personally drive me up the wall because how great they could of been but of course that isn't up for PWE to decide. :(

Yeah it is annoying although on the xTW mounts the character straddles so it does seem feasible to have different sitting positions. Just unfortunately, not sitting down cross legged like on the fox cushion, as it would need to be. I wouldn't mind the Gargoyle one but I just personally think there is better options and I don't see how a gargoyle fits into PWI. (Then again we got dinosaurs with lasers and ISIS weapon fash so nothing is impossible).
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • west#8973

+1 There are a lot of unique mount concepts that didn't get picked, I feel so bad for them. I wonder how the judges came up with these final results, most of the finalists' mounts are cliche. The mount should be unique because it is for 9th anniversary of PWI.

• gouseshop
    gouseshop Posts: 2 Arc User
    So we have a ripoff of the terror of the deep and ninetails mount... when we could have had something really unique.

GG

I guess I shouldn't complain much since I'm not artistic enough to submit anything myself. But still....... really people?

There was a criteria... and I dont see in any place the word "unique". The people did a great job drawing all these mounts, and I think this is the wrong time to complain. It would be good if u say this when the drawings were open to change. They could ve done changes to the drawings. Now it s time to vote the mounts that fit the criteria.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I'm just saying slot of people would have loved the troll duck mount I made aka The Ugly Duckling.... Only one that has lore that ties into both Chinese via the rubber SAP tree and us via the ugly duckling story....
    But, I guess we can only get so much from pwi
    Felt as if all mounts would be submitted for voting not just x mounts feeling disappointed and like my time was wasted with nearly 4 days of designing a unique mount just 2 c a boob sucubuss and non unique mounts get into the final ijs
  • west#8973
    gouseshop wrote: »

GG

There was a criteria... and I dont see in any place the word "unique". The people did a great job drawing all these mounts, and I think this is the wrong time to complain. It would be good if u say this when the drawings were open to change. They could ve done changes to the drawings. Now it s time to vote the mounts that fit the criteria.

I'm sorry but let's be honest here, they didn't followed the criteria, I saw a mount with four legs and don't have horns from the voting poll tho it looks pretty cool. And why wouldn't it will be unique, it is for PWI anniversary. It will reflect the entire PWI community and how they made it. No hate just stating the fact. Merry Christmas everyone!

• valdisman
    edited December 2016

I'm sorry but let's be honest here, they didn't followed the criteria, I saw a mount with four legs and don't have horns from the voting poll tho it looks pretty cool. And why wouldn't it will be unique, it is for PWI anniversary. It will reflect the entire PWI community and how they made it. No hate just stating the fact. Merry Christmas everyone!

People should realize that the criteria PWI put on their competitions, they have never once completely enforced them and going on past events, they never will. Its either really bad management for the competitions or its player/personal favoritism that gets a go ahead.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • wayne#8322
    wayne#8322 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Did they randomly selected the finalists?? This is absurd. It supposed to be community voted/created mount.
  • ivandiv4ov
    ivandiv4ov Posts: 1 Arc User
    :)
  • badjig17
    badjig17 Posts: 2 Arc User
    @wayne See dude?! I told you. It is once a community voted/created mount but not anymore seeing how people reacting with the result.
  • xwhitefrostx
    xwhitefrostx Posts: 45 Arc User
    "Starting today 12/2/16 and running through 12/16/16, please submit your concepts of what you think this mount should look like HERE!

On 12/16/16, we will close this thread and we will then pick our favorite player created designs, and from that group, let you vote on the winner!"

They said before even the polls started that they was gonna pick their favs and from that the community can vote. When has PWI ever let the community have the full right to decide on something xD Sad but never expected them to let us have the full responisbility of deciding on our own. I am also pretty shocked that Nuwa didnt make the cut, would be awesome to have a mount like that, but then again, cant really say that PWI got any unique mounts, they will choose something that isn't to much work to do x)
    vFDFy6t.gif
  • n3murinomori
    edited December 2016
    Any rules for this ? Is asking for friends to vote for you illegal ? Is making a giveaway with requirments to vote to participate in it illegal ? Is bluntly paying people to vote illegal ? :blush:

Havent done anything of that sort yet , but i am asking first , just in case :expressionless:
    sadasdds.png
  • valdisman
    Any rules for this ? Is asking for friends to vote for you illegal ? Is making a giveaway with requirments to vote to participate in it illegal ? Is bluntly paying people to vote illegal ? :blush:

Havent done anything of that sort yet , but i am asking first , just in case :expressionless:

If you need to do that, then you really don't have a good design for a mount which the community doesn't want.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • west#8973

People should realize that the criteria PWI put on their competitions, they have never once completely enforced them and going on past events, they never will. Its either really bad management for the competitions or its player/personal favoritism that gets a go ahead.

It also happened on past contests, letting someone win without basis and not following their made rules and criteria.
    "Starting today 12/2/16 and running through 12/16/16, please submit your concepts of what you think this mount should look like HERE!

On 12/16/16, we will close this thread and we will then pick our favorite player created designs, and from that group, let you vote on the winner!"

They said before even the polls started that they was gonna pick their favs and from that the community can vote. When has PWI ever let the community have the full right to decide on something xD Sad but never expected them to let us have the full responisbility of deciding on our own. I am also pretty shocked that Nuwa didnt make the cut, would be awesome to have a mount like that, but then again, cant really say that PWI got any unique mounts, they will choose something that isn't to much work to do x)

They should at least give explanation why didn't that mount make it to top 10. That mount is a podium worth finish but it didn't even reached top 10. Hmmmm the smell of fish is very strong.
  • wayne#8322
    edited December 2016
    I compiled some of outstanding mounts that didn't make it to finals.
    Try to decide it for yourselves guys.
    294noy1.jpg
    They are making it way too obvious. Unjustness at its finest LMAO
  • wayne#8322
    badjig17 wrote: »
    @wayne See dude?! I told you. It is once a community voted/created mount but not anymore seeing how people reacting with the result.

omg I can't :D
  • wayne#8322

It also happened on past contests, letting someone win without basis and not following their made rules and criteria.

They should at least give explanation why didn't that mount make it to top 10. That mount is a podium worth finish but it didn't even reached top 10. Hmmmm the smell of fish is very strong.

Draw lots LMAO :D

• n3murinomori

If you need to do that, then you really don't have a good design for a mount which the community doesn't want.

Must be nice to live under that comfy rock . If that's how you think the world works .... you probably need some safe spaces .
    sadasdds.png
  • xwhitefrostx
    xwhitefrostx Posts: 45 Arc User

There was a lot of good designs that didnt make the cut, they would have to explain for every other contestant too why they didnt make it then. And knowing PWI and every other competition they've had, the most complicated ones often dont make the cut, it's sad but true, that's why I myself dont bother sending in anything to complicated for them, after all, they are the ones that is going to model it and animate it.

I think like this cause I've studied games, character design and animation, and every time I turned in a task where my character was to complicated I was asked to simplify it :sweat:

vFDFy6t.gif
This discussion has been closed.