Thursday Night Tournament: Fun or not?

fury85
fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
edited December 2016 in Arigora Colosseum
A fast analysis of the new PvP event. I talk about PVP part, not rewards that are good finally.
It suppose to be an all vs all for 5 rounds with people splitted randomly in 8 rooms, till the final room.
It result alot bad in my opinion because you can work with your faction and end that if you are in a strong faction (for exemple my tournament with Crisis) you can just sleep and finish the tournament without problem and no one good fight. If you are in a little faction you get ganked every room and that make no sense participate except for final rewards.
But the fun where is? I can't find much fun sincerely. On my Crisis barb i barely get someone that attack me, on Knights barb i get ganked by bigger factions every round and can't attack.
Would be better if PWI remove the option to stay in squad atleast or put people in random squads, so faction doesn't matter and you have just to fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9bfb-4ZlmE
https://youtube.com/watch?v=K9bfb-4ZlmE
Roar_King
Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I thought it was a fun idea and as it was something new it was exciting. No matter how many allied people are in a room..as a storm I always get focused which is exactly what happened. I don't like that, after a while, you get randomly oneshot, giving the classes with an anti-onehit skill like Barbs and sins a massive advantage. You could actually just kite around all the time, waiting for the others to die just to got to the next room. That is heavily troublesome imho.

Then again, I like the idea and that the server will be flooded with ancient emblems (FINALLY!!!) that we waiting on for so long to happen. Give it a few months and emblems are down to 2-3m each if even that much. That means we can finally get those awesome ring engraves going!!! (No more one stat rings for poor people!!! NO more 40m each emblem!!! HOOOHRAYYY!!!) The other rewards are pretty dang good, too, especially the bloods. Even if you kite and manage to proceed only a single room then you still get quite some bloods which makes the life of new people alot easier. I like it. The event itself might be flawed but the impact on the economy is very nice.

As we are crisis we ofc will try to win every week to support out faction members with those helmets :D as competition rises we will see more organized enemies and it will get more interesting eventually. I'm looking forward to the next tourny!!!
  • fury85
    I can't kite with 7-8 people on me. My build is weak to tank.
    Except that its even the same > Stronger faction = Win no way for others.

I continue to do this event only for rewards... but I guess i don't waste charm again here, just set def weapon, o'malley, faith genie and run around only.

Here the full gank ehm.... Tournament:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXLEH0H3bzA
    Roar_King
  • jsxshadow
    Ya, I feel ya, had several people on me too, gonna upload my version too very soon.

In the end its depending on luck..in some rooms Seeker and barbs got kinda ignored cause they've been too tanky..if you end up with the strongest DDs from your server in one room then its just bad luck. We all have alot of bad luck =P
  • berrynl
    berrynl Posts: 21 Arc User
    Hey Roar,

I would agree there are good and bad things about the tourney, but mostly it is a lot of fun. Unintentionally killing a bunch of people (even in your own squad) by means of an AoE is a very "oopsie" moment which does get a couple of laughs in Ventrilo/TS when it happens.

I can't judge your experience on Twilight Temple Server. But on Dawn Glory I think we met you and a few other Barbarians from Crisis and I hope you didn't sleep through that. The actual tournament has two (2) different stages. The rounds which lead up to Diamond which is actually winning the tournament as it allows entry to the Cross Server Fight Night once activated and it gives the only Tenacity item for G17 materials (Zenith Skulls). Your video on the Twilight Temple Server does seem a bit.. blergh, not very enjoyable to be on the receiving end of that.

The Guild Base Helmet in the Gold+ Battle (Battle Royale) at the very end is a nice bonus prize but you are correct, at that stage, it comes down to whoever throws the most people in the map has the biggest shot at winning (or can get a sneak dig in with chain immunities). Not very much based on a true match-up of any kind.

The real prizes are the G17 materials and entry to Cross Tourney (Conqueror's Ticket) to obtain Draconic Essences and the Dominator Helmet (to replace CoM when the G17 Cape arrives), or at least to me. The Diamond Bracket was all Infamous. You know me, and I know you, so this isn't intended as bragging. Just wanted to rectify as the picture you're painting is a bit bleak and factually incorrect. I do hope this might spark you to shift to an offensive build again (even on Dawn Glory) for the heck of it.
  • fury85
    edited December 2016
    I was not sleeping in Dawnglory Tourney, i just mean that most the rounds i had lot of Crisis with me, so was alot easy and not much fun. I guess that with Cross Server Tourney should be alot more fun.
    My point of view is from the PvP part. I'm not interested on rewards or Helmet. I want the blood :pensive:

For my build in Dawnglory I can't go offensive because i don't have offensive gears. Bad cards, bad chart, ecc. And i'm not interested to play same build on both server. I don't like much vit build but still more knowledge on the class and something helped me to survive better on my Demon barb.

I had fun on TT Tourney because alot of great fights, but a bit frustrating to get even all the people together VS me or other random guys.

I still dream for a real all vs all event :P

Roar_King
  • firefraii
    firefraii Posts: 49 Arc User
    Question, if you really want this free for all pk event, why are you working with your faction and only targeting people in Hoorah? seems like the only thing you're capable of being is a sore loser (Only my faction can win) I didn't see you attack or get attacked by crisis members either.
  • fury85
    edited December 2016
    I attack other people too in the 1st two rounds, then i start to target hoorah because if i target random people i know that i remain alone and get ganked by Hoorah. Well Hoorah/Origin cuz they working together.
    In Crisis people said in faction chat to not attack guild members so I respected what our officer said. But i repeat, it was boring, 5 rounds 0 fights.
    And i don't come for rewards but for fight, because i like pvp. No need the helmet. My fear is that Tourney event become another boring TW event where bigger faction win every time.
    Roar_King
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    I don't like that, after a while, you get randomly oneshot, giving the classes with an anti-onehit skill like Barbs and sins a massive advantage.

Doesnt work. Once the ''random oneshot'' has you as its target it wont switch targets until you are dead, using immunes n anti-1shot skills dont work. Even if you time your IG perfectly the thing will spam you for 99999999 dmg until you are dead.

• detrion10
    detrion10 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    fury85 wrote: »
    But i repeat, it was boring, 5 rounds 0 fights.
    And i don't come for rewards but for fight, because i like pvp. No need the helmet. My fear is that Tourney event become another boring TW event where bigger faction win every time.
    I dont see where that happened. I only saw people from Infamous in the Diamond round (correct me if Im wrong). If that is true, I dont see where "5 rounds and 0 fights" (since you were eliminated in the 3rd/4th round or earlier) would apply to you and neither do I see how the bigger faction "won". Im sure Infamous would be flattered at being called the bigger guild if thats what you meant but unfortunately that is not true either.

• fury85
    edited December 2016
    I'm dead from the eyes...
    Anyway that was only to know what other people think.

Maybe I was expecting a different thing from this event. Next time i'll try to work in squad with my faction.
    Post edited by fury85 on
    Roar_King
  • jsxshadow
    edited January 2017
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    well i guess some squads got lucky and some squads did not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A12Y9X7q6t0&t=5s

What I said. It's just luck based. Not entirely..but the odds can be stacked that high in favour of anyone that is not you that you might have a hard time.

Nice vid btw!!! (Mainly because I always loved Pingu as a child)​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • whitedragon157
    whitedragon157 Posts: 2 Arc User
    question...just did TNF and skills didnt seem to connect like the opponents were under invisible IG would there be any reason why that would occur or am I suppose to assume I have to be in pk mode to get over that issue?
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    @whitedragon157 that is correct. You need to be in PK mode.
  • whitedragon157
    whitedragon157 Posts: 2 Arc User
    ewww well thanks