Nov 11th, new expansion in pwcn,

Comments

• eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Yes, not very likely on a Jan/Feb release due to holidays in CN and compounded with our own holidays here for end of the year. We have tentative dates internally, but these will not be released to the public for obvious reasons. This is a big update for us as well, so all the new areas and systems will need to be combed over. The last time we had a December release it was...not very pretty.

Based on what's being dropped here in this thread and from what I've read so far - excited as a player, dreading all the rune testing in particular as an employee. Going to be an interesting next few months for sure!

Actually I think that is good news. I mean better a bit late and stable release than fast and super glitchy one xD.
    Question I have since I see you on this thread. Any info on What will happen to older instances like TT or lunar?
    Revamp or new mode?
    I been asked a lot about this in game, and it would be nice to get at least an idea of what will that update do to those.
    Of course I totally understand if you can not answer this due to some privacy agreement of some sort.
  • fallenangelfj
    fallenangelfj Posts: 8 Arc User
    :D Privacy Agreement? LOL
  • eeepsilon
    edited December 2016
    :D Privacy Agreement? LOL

I know it may sound dumb but it can actually happen. I guess the more known name is NDA (Non-disclosure agreement)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

In this case it may forbid them to talk about some stuff related to their work or the company.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I think we generally expect it to happen due to how old the game is and of course, because players get a "sneak peek" from the CN clientside. I'm in a strange place because I come from the player side where we learned and taught this information among ourselves and to bring some of that in, there's things I know that surprised some people. So, I milk - er I mean, cherish those moments when they happen. *shifty eyes* I'm sure I'll get teased about liking and playing PWI yet again and being a "nerd", but I'm used to it by now.

Going to ask but I curious why PWE does not use players to test some of the content and check for Localisation issues such as Text being wrong unreadable or NPCs in wrong places.

I Remember the December Update... less we say about that the better.​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @eeepsilon Honest answer - I actually don't know, because I haven't seen it and poked around yet. Wish I could be more mysterious and teaser-y about it, sorry to burst your bubble!

@heero200 Probably security concerns being the top issue. I'd personally love having a few players beta test, but there's probably a ton of compelling reasons why we don't that I'm not actually aware of.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    @eeepsilon Honest answer - I actually don't know, because I haven't seen it and poked around yet. Wish I could be more mysterious and teaser-y about it, sorry to burst your bubble!

@heero200 Probably security concerns being the top issue. I'd personally love having a few players beta test, but there's probably a ton of compelling reasons why we don't that I'm not actually aware of.

Fair enough. I would guess you use an internal test server which would cause access issues. I would rather time was spent checking the updates than they are pushed into action and so many bugs found.

Again tho ill say something the GA program failed because it was not set up correctly in my understanding. Something that would likely flag up with this.

Glad to have someone on board that understands the basic communications for players.​​
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    PWru took 200 players for test 6 years ago,made new acc/password for them with access for CBT server. Those who tried abuse making video etc. got perma ban on main account. Around 50 players still there testing every update and quality increased since then. :)
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    If PWI ever decides to allow player beta-testing, I'll sign up for it immediately. fox-23.gif​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    If PWI ever decides to allow player beta-testing, I'll sign up for it immediately. fox-23.gif

You can do it with the CN version, but it really helps to know a lil bit o Chinese.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    So the patch has already going on for some time now, is there any full info regarding everything that's new in this update ?
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    What gona happen To EOD,i hope it won't die like rap/canny did -.-
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    I don't know why EoD market would die other than the fact it's gonna be harder to catch up to endgame players, which discourages new players and making of alts whom are the only ones buying that stuff. All in all there is no reason for market to die but it will continue to dry up.

All in all farming will continue to get harder and harder. But that's old mmorpg problems and China's take double dipping in gear upgrades. First with crafting the item and then to keep the refines and whatnots. This will drive older players away and sadly our player base can't take it but this is derailing a bit.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @saxroll here's how we get more players make legal selling of accounts but too much work. New players either get patience or get a new game ty for your time
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • eeepsilon
    What gona happen To EOD,i hope it won't die like rap/canny did -.-

Not sure if it rally gonna die, but they are doing something to lunar so that may affect the prices.
    I guess we will not know till someone who plays on china say something about those instances revamp or till we get the actual Update.
    But my guess is that if they revamp lunar it may even raise the prices, unless they put it as a drop in some other easy instance.
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    No sign of the expansion yet...

Any extra goodies in the update besides all that neat endgame stuff?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    There won't be any real expansion teasers/updates least on our end until sometime in the future *wiggles eyebrows*

I'll poke around and see what's tease-able and maybe we can show some things off...
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    I'll poke around and see what's tease-able and maybe we can show some things off...

I got u fam

1i0pux.jpg

• kalystconquerer#0876
    dingo488 wrote: »

I got u fam

1i0pux.jpg

*saves in meme folder*

Yiissss. Different numbers that will flash even bigger numbers on your screen, SWEET! If you're lucky you might even get a slightly different animation too! ;P In all seriousness, I've only been poking around for a bit, but I'm still pretty excited and I'd like to share some of that with everyone! So stay tuned and hopefully we can drop some expansion content teasers for you guys.
  • blazerboy
    All I want to know is if the new runes will be farmable in a reasonable amount of time
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Hold tight @blazerboy, @dingo488 has more memes to answer your questions where that came from.
  • blazerboy
    @eirghan just please don't be like sky lvl.... A good week for 1 skill from 1-10 is fine! Come now 6 weeks of work is fine not 6 months
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »

I got u fam

1i0pux.jpg

I hope there is more coming besides skill changes.
  • neo743
    neo743 Posts: 11 Arc User
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    -_- i don't want rune skills until they esponentially increase g17 mats supply

-_- i don't want sins to hit me with 7x base rune elimination and i can't even zerkcrit cause no g17 weapon

-_- plsssssssssssssssssssssssssss​​

I absolutely agree, like wtf- its as if they hate AA classes or pretty much anything thats not JOSD even still their gonna die. We already die to sins popping out of stealth now cause of gof being OP with sins multi-hitting charm bypassing skills, hmmmmmm lets give them a **** ton more damage and see how it goes, AA's have fun or practiacally anything not a sin -Devs
  • neo743
    neo743 Posts: 11 Arc User
    Just make G17 reasonably farmable and Ill be happy, not pvping anymore cause sins are gonna rule the game as usually with these bs updates, awesome. Time for PVE again if that
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    bumping this thread...

Did they make changes on TT and Lunar then? :open_mouth:
  • silverwytch
    silverwytch Posts: 2 Arc User
    So since the expansion is so close, I wonder if they'll make G17 mat drops more obtainable.
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/thread-3302455-1-1.html

RIP to all buff psy alts................. o:)
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    YES YES YES

giphy.gif

• blazerboy
    Praise lord pang gu +12 psy buffers lose their value on black market