Cleric Skill Updates

2»

Comments

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but wtb Aeliah back.

I don't normally 1v1 because cleric 1v1 is hella boring to me. It doesn't mean I can't ofc, but some people like my in-game hubby are much better at it than me.​​
  • drago11
    drago11 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @jsxshadow You seem to be missing far too many screws... I never complained that clerics were too weak. If you actually took time to read instead of assuming you know everything then you would have seen that. My complaint was with skill upgrades going to portions of skills that either aren't used or aren't useful to the majority of clerics. Pay attention instead of stroking your e-peen.
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Face it. Your lack of being able to utilize the full potential of your class is what makes you dislike it. Even sins and duskblades struggle hard to beat a cleric in a fair fight and you complain about them being too weak? What?!

Getting so sick of this whining all day long. Dont blame something for your own inability.

And this? You don't even know who I am let alone how I play, don't assume I don't know to play my class. Again all you do is make yourself sound less than intelligent.

Also, I recall you saying things such as Duskblades being not killable in your other posts. Are you contradicting yourself? Being a hypocrite?
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    drago11 wrote: »
    @jsxshadow You seem to be missing far too many screws... I never complained that clerics were too weak. If you actually took time to read instead of assuming you know everything then you would have seen that. My complaint was with skill upgrades going to portions of skills that either aren't used or aren't useful to the majority of clerics. Pay attention instead of stroking your e-peen.
    Face it. Your lack of being able to utilize the full potential of your class is what makes you dislike it. Even sins and duskblades struggle hard to beat a cleric in a fair fight and you complain about them being too weak? What?!

Getting so sick of this whining all day long. Dont blame something for your own inability.

And this? You don't even know who I am let alone how I play, don't assume I don't know to play my class. Again all you do is make yourself sound less than intelligent.

Also, I recall you saying things such as Duskblades being not killable in your other posts. Are you contradicting yourself? Being a hypocrite?

Well, for your last remark: I am the DB, I dont lose, I am the endgame cleric, I dont lose. It's about skill. As usual. Back in the day I acted and commented based on the thought that every single player is at the cap of their potential when it comes to playing their class. I was heavily criticized for this. Now I am being more realistically and take "average" players as a basic and compare them to great players hence implying that you can beat alot of other class (if not all) if you are just a better player no matter which class you play. So if you are fighting mostly average players and are simply not better or even worse than them then oh well, you might get rekt constantly. Has nothing to do with your class tho.

As for clerics: I don't really care who you are and how you play. You are complaining about a class that is near perfect in any aspect: Offensively, defensively and in terms of support. Clerics didnt get that much of a boost in the latest update since they've already been hella strong. However, if you, just like so many others, start comparing low geared clerics vs endgame chars and how it works out then...holy mother of ballz. We are talking EQUAL GEARS AND EQUAL GEARS ONLY. Unequal gears totally take out any sort of comparability between classes all together (just in case your problem springs from that).

Feel free to tell me in which regard clerics are lacking. I wanna hear all about it. Thank you.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User

Well, for your last remark: I am the DB, I dont lose, I am the endgame cleric, I dont lose. It's about skill. As usual. Back in the day I acted and commented based on the thought that every single player is at the cap of their potential when it comes to playing their class. I was heavily criticized for this. Now I am being more realistically and take "average" players as a basic and compare them to great players hence implying that you can beat alot of other class (if not all) if you are just a better player no matter which class you play. So if you are fighting mostly average players and are simply not better or even worse than them then oh well, you might get rekt constantly. Has nothing to do with your class tho.

As for clerics: I don't really care who you are and how you play. You are complaining about a class that is near perfect in any aspect: Offensively, defensively and in terms of support. Clerics didnt get that much of a boost in the latest update since they've already been hella strong. However, if you, just like so many others, start comparing low geared clerics vs endgame chars and how it works out then...holy mother of ballz. We are talking EQUAL GEARS AND EQUAL GEARS ONLY. Unequal gears totally take out any sort of comparability between classes all together (just in case your problem springs from that).

Feel free to tell me in which regard clerics are lacking. I wanna hear all about it. Thank you.

You are the DB, you lose. You are the Cleric, you lose.

Clerics lack in 1v1 compared to melees, mostly sin, bm, db. They can beat barbs, especially your barb. ;)
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User

You are the DB, you lose. You are the Cleric, you lose.

Clerics lack in 1v1 compared to melees, mostly sin, bm, db. They can beat barbs, especially your barb. ;)

Man, you know nothing about 1v1s. You've shown that already. Please. If you have to post anything then make it filled with sense not random trolling. Thanks.
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Test
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    chary wrote: »
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but wtb Aeliah back.

I don't normally 1v1 because cleric 1v1 is hella boring to me. It doesn't mean I can't ofc, but some people like my in-game hubby are much better at it than me.​​

You called?! :P

Joe is right you know. In 1vs1 pvp, a cleric is almost (but not quite) as dangerous as a duskblade. At least, this has been the situation I discovered for myself ever since the auroras were upgraded. Before this upgrade, clerics were strong but... duskblades were just too much to handle. However, afterwards, I can now stand toe to toe with most duskblades. The best ones still have better kill/loss ratios versus me, but at least I stand a chance now.

In equal gear, the following classes have a chance: duskblades (obviously); sins (hard to maintain a full stack on them); and barbs (stack affects them less than other classes because of giant hp pool). Everybody else... well... sorry guys. Unless I do something stupid I won't lose ordinary 1vs1 fight.

What others say is true too, though. Clerics can't kill anybody very fast. Dying to a cleric is like being buried alive with dirt one shovel-full at a time. Given enough time you'll eventually be covered with dirt and die. But it takes a long time for that to happen.

Given that, there is a pretty surefire way to avoid dying to a cleric. Its kinda 'unfun' but it works really well. It hinges on the fact that clerics don't move very fast, and almost every other class *does* move fast. Therefore the way to survive a cleric is just run away and don't get hit by healing debuff till the stacks fall off. I believe it takes 30 seconds for the stacks to fall off.

If I holy path to catch up to you (when you've just run away with a natural speed or port skill of some sort) you gain tempo, or could counter me in some way since I'll be low on genie energy. Or you can just holy path away with your own genie and then I really can't do anything to catch you. Only scenario where running away fails is if I have full genie, I can holy path twice to catch up, and continue my lock. If I'm using my genie for anything else I usually won't be able to holy path twice back to back, but even if I can, your 1 holy path + natural speed skill will still keep you out of my reach. Especially, if you are using a full magic genie when I'm using my full strength genie, then I for sure cannot catch you should you choose to run far, far away.

So, in many cases, you can draw a fight with a cleric if you really want to.

If you insist on fighting a cleric without massive kiting as I've described, and you aren't one of the 3 classes that can fight toe-to-toe with cleric (duskblade, assassin, or barbs), then, depending on your gear and skill level, the fight should end in my favor within 5-10 minutes. Just my experience though, and I'm always happy to fight somebody willing to prove me wrong!

Cheers,

Aeliah
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel