PVP Tourney getting fixed with maint?

Options
2»

Comments

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Options
    strife614 wrote: »
    Anyone else think that this event is super unfair? On my server one faction brought a lot more people and they basically were able to make this event no fun for everyone else. The event is supposed to be random/no names/no squad and faction protections... but these guys still somehow managed to collude together and cheat other people from ranking higher and earning better rewards. By the fourth and fifth rounds, the faction that brought the most people were the only ones participating!

So does this event even matter? Is it also pointless like xTW? When will Perfect World make a true skill-based PvP event, such as a 1v1 event?

Honestly i dont know what you were expecting then, this event was advertised for months/weeks , you could find multiple videos and threads about the event, nowhere it says its 1v1 event.

This event enables ppl to finally start farming zenith skulls way easier and faster compared to before (my up sq did a run almost every day since it came out and we had only 2 zenith skulls drop) and now seeing how the rewards are ofc top geared ppl and factions will stick together and with friends to try to progress to last room together to get the rewards , thats a no brainer and i dont see it as cheating , they just dont attack their friends xD

Top geared ppl/factions are expected to reach 4th and 5th rounds and fight for top rewards , but this event gives the rewards to everyone else that participated , although they wont be as good as top obviously but ppl can still get astropiras , astrobanas , both types of bloods and etc.

Imo rewards are awesome for everyone that participates , g17 mats for top geared/skilled ppl , finally emblems are obtainable to everyone and good worth rewards even to lower geared ppl.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Anyone else think that this event is super unfair? On my server one faction brought a lot more people and they basically were able to make this event no fun for everyone else. The event is supposed to be random/no names/no squad and faction protections... but these guys still somehow managed to collude together and cheat other people from ranking higher and earning better rewards. By the fourth and fifth rounds, the faction that brought the most people were the only ones participating!

So does this event even matter? Is it also pointless like xTW? When will Perfect World make a true skill-based PvP event, such as a 1v1 event?

There is going to be a 3v3 and 6v6 arena on the next update in Feb-march,

And it's called using ventrilo/teamspeak... Only communication isnt in-game. Plus ppl know each other faces
  • firefraii
    firefraii Posts: 49 Arc User
    Options

I agree, How dare people use general knowledge and coordination to defeat clowns, it's a form of cyberbullying and should be punishable by permabans
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    Options
    Is there any video about this tourney on Youtube ? and what's the official name for the event, I'd like to use it for keyword.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options

Aw Strifey, are you mad that mean old Kanjou got the worse-than-base helm reward instead of you? I'll tell Dball to put you on the list to get a helm. Based on your value and contributions to Hoorah, you should be able to get one in about 4 months.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Options
    capnk wrote: »

Aw Strifey, are you mad that mean old Kanjou got the worse-than-base helm reward instead of you? I'll tell Dball to put you on the list to get a helm. Based on your value and contributions to Hoorah, you should be able to get one in about 4 months.

Now this is a race Im excited for! Will Strife get a helmet first, or will Vindicate win 1 helmet in any format (xTW/PvP Tourney) first! Surely Vindicate can win the PvP tourney at least once within the next 4 months! Right? Then again, their track record isnt looking great, Strife might get it first! The thrills!

• sin20
    Options
    Well its expected that factions and their allies will group together against their enemy so nothing wierd there xD
    But at least we can get ancient emblems and soon way more zenith skulls will finally enter on the market.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    Forgot to hop in here!

@ballenato We noticed this as well when we were testing new chance packs that had a higher drop rate on Ancient Emblems than normal. We'll have to ask CN about shutting off the spam. Unfortunately, it might not come until after the new year, since we'll be out of the office on vacation soon.

General thread-
    The chest at the end is an optional round for sure, but that doesn't mean any issues with it should get a blind eye. If anything is causing unfair advantages, that would put a hard stop to doing xserver until that gets fixed. To be on the safe side and confirm this, we'll be running tests on our end based on early reports and sending them to CN.

U're geting me wrong @kalystconquerer#0876 Im talking about Tourney reward... U can reedem Ancient emblems from it, and everytime you do.. There is a system message, like when u get something from packs...

Im not talking about any new pack at all.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    @ballenato Ah, sorry, I should have been clearer! The game will shout if you're getting them from packs or TNF since its flagged to shout, and we first noticed it being a problem when were were chance pack testing. When we redeemed emblems from the NPC on top of the chance pack testing, we noticed how extremely spammy this will get, especially if we release new packs with high rates. I think it was a bit worse than Token of Best Luck spam, and that was for one character doing nothing but opening packs.

Luckily we should have a fix in from CN during next server maintenance, so this shouldn't be an issue for much longer.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Can cn pls also fix the announcement spam for city of abomination? Not only does it soam for a good 30seconds to 1min after with the winning nation, but it repeats its announcements on thursday night (the night after coa when it isnt even running!)
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    @eirghan They swear they can't, but they did a while ago, then it broke again. I'll ask them after the break and see if they can't take a look at this again. Hopefully they can fix the spam.
  • sin20
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 While we are at it can you tell them to enable barbs to equip HP charms in panda/tiger form , thats extremely annoying :(
  • eirghan
    Options
    Meh if they cant ill just think of you every Wednesday @kalystconquerer#0876 :*
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »

Now this is a race Im excited for! Will Strife get a helmet first, or will Vindicate win 1 helmet in any format (xTW/PvP Tourney) first! Surely Vindicate can win the PvP tourney at least once within the next 4 months! Right? Then again, their track record isnt looking great, Strife might get it first! The thrills!

Well that was anticlimactic. Try and put some effort in next time Hoorah.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    Options
    #feelsbadman @aradya6793
    i got instantly killed by the "flee" message twice, but still was a decent event, especially the final room was fun.

even though its SUPER HARD to actually know who to attack, even people from the same factions seem to struggle, despite using voice chat.

in other news: there is an actual glitch: when you die, you might respawn with the "you have died" box on your screen. i moved it to the minimap, but still a bug.
  • dingo488
    Options
    Well that was anticlimactic. Try and put some effort in next time Hoorah.

I personally think it was perfect, what better way to represent PWI than having new classes break the mechanics of the game.

• eirghan
    Options
    That chest was gone before i even loaded damnit :D . How did he get it?

Now i see why people have the option to just leave lol ah well was still fun and i like getting bloods i will go every week just for bloods and star chart and let u guys try to dig chests :)
  • dingo488
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    That chest was gone before i even loaded damnit :D . How did he get it?

Now i see why people have the option to just leave lol ah well was still fun and i like getting bloods i will go every week just for bloods and star chart and let u guys try to dig chests :)

Just duskblade things ^^ I just got in the battle as well and the chest was gone