A concerning question

Options

Comments

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Options
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    sin20 wrote: »
    After barbs getting deaden i feel like we need something else that will balance our class really well , i feel some kind of a skill that has a 95% chance to make us imune to any status effect for 3 mins with a cd of 3mins and 5 sec would be a step in right direction and would balance the barbs really well in the current meta.

ahhaahh when did you restart to smoke 420 bruh

but well g17 procs will be great for barbs defensively... you just need to choose what you want, tidal, immune, untarget, shield etch​​

420 BLAZE IT.

Also i had another idea while we are at it , barbs could get a new skill called Barrage of Axes (lets call it BoA in short) , 2 spark panda form skill (only usable in panda form lmfao) , when barbs use it axes fall from sky on enemies in radius of 35 meters from target with 50% of the chance of axe being 'purge' axe all while dealing massive dmg.

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    ^ exactly this @dregenfox

and you cant compare nemki's damage to sizz's, sizz is like what +10? does he have a card set at least?

also why shouldn't i compare a non crit hit from a psy, which crit chance is 35%, so 2hits out of 3 are not crits, to an assassin zerkcrit, which crit chance is at cap (95%), zerk chance is 20% and multi hit skills (like elimination or cursed jail) that statistically will make at least one damage tick of the skill zerkcrit?
    also a psy needs 4 skills (at very least 10 seconds) to remove your def charms, while an assassin just needs just to land 1 cursed or 2 life hunters

besides all that i am even ok with assassin current DPS, problem is they can do whatever they want and blow 5 spark combos and you cannot control them or do anything besides blow your cooldowns defensively

what i am saying is that g17 zerk for arcanes and archers will give overall better chance to deal with sins, since you can't pin them down u need to raise damage on them, zerk weapons on non sin classes will make them raise damage on them

at the moment:

let's say sin base damage is 5 (considering wolf emblem and cod)

4% chance to deal 6,5
    77% chance to deal 15,6
    19% chance to deal 31,2

a psy base damage is 10

65% chance to deal 10
    35% chance to deal 20

psy with g17 zerk weapon

38% chance to deal 10
    55% chance to deal 20
    7% chance to deal 40

we need this.​​

I'm not comparing Sin damage there, I'm talking about how any NP class can do just as much damage as a sin. You know that a 34% chance to crit for psy is going to be higher than the 19% base zerk crit chance for sin right?

I've been hit by NP sins as well and they hit just as hard as nemki. The issue is that nemki can be dealt with by cc or peeling, but it's not possible with a sin, because you can't see them coming and they ignore 2/3 of all attempts to peel them.

DB's are actually capable of hitting as hard or harder than sins, but they're nowhere near as feared in mass because they only lock down one target, and are controllable by cc.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    Options
    An item for changing class like the ones for gender/nickname would satisfy everyone, along with furnace for switching gears to fit with the class.

I bet archers would extinct, DBs and Sins would swarm the server.
  • sin20
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    An item for changing class like the ones for gender/nickname would satisfy everyone, along with furnace for switching gears to fit with the class.

What would be even more cool is the amount of bugs being cause by this XD
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options

No, if anyone played the same class it would be purely deceided by gears to a point and on equal gears only the best players would prevail, which I would enjoy obviously BUT then the game would die. 99% of people playing games like this wanna have an advantage. They don't wanna win the fair way. NO! They want to win no matter what. So you could say sins are fine? NO!

Sins are 1/12 of all the classes here. Add Duskblades (even tho they are fine compared to sins you would be at 2/12 or 1/6 of the game. Pushing 1/6 of something too hard will make the other 5/6 leave in frustration eventually. Not everyone wants to reroll, not everyone wants to play a sin. That's why I dont play sin because this class is too friggin easy. No challange. Archer is alot more fun imho.

They HAVE to do something about sins. They could even nerf them to the ground completely and make all sin players quit. Who cares? Rather let 1/12 quit and keep the rest instead of doing it the other way around. Logic. Simple Logic.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Options
    If sin is that strong, why the hell the devs fail to see that and keep buffing them ? Are they trolling us or what, they buff them in almost every new skill / rebalance. Most classses have either cc or damage for balance, but they have both and tidal on top of them, and stealth+master of shadows. Imagine full devil stone + nuema portal sin + g17r5.
  • zigheart92
    zigheart92 Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    Sins are an issue? o.o i go after them in NW xD, they're easy kills on my seeker. with 150+ def lvls they tickle, and normally can't survive a hit from an ion zerk crit. granted there are a few better geared sins that can actually deal quite a bit of damage, but its rare i'm ever one shot by anyone.
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    @zigheart92 That might be the case for you as you are a seeker. BMs and Barbs also dont die that fast (even tho i have seen that too on lower gears). LA/AA classes dont have the luck of being tanky enough.

Also..if you are able to oneshot sins with a single Ion Spike Zerk crit then you are most likely not attacking the sin alone or the sin is massively undergeared or you are massively overgeared but only the first 2 are the most likely. While tidal is up you most likely wont be able to CC the sin. You can't really spam one type of attacks (phys or mag) on any target making it especially hard for seeker to go beyond def charms and deal any damage at all. SSQPQ is also way too risky on tidal. So in that sense, you most likely only oneshot sins as an assist kill, not really a good starting point to claim they are ok.

Also, most endgame people (especially josd) get confused and think sins are ok just because they might survive some attacks while they are maximum buffed and especially seeker are ultra-tanky max buffed. However...get a purge and fail to transfer SS and an equally geared sin can possibly hit you for way over 80k if ZC on subsea...so well. Even if you dont get a purge, if the sin has enough time amd can CC you properly on equal gears you will eventually go down because killing a max geared sin alone is pretty much impossible unless you get ultralucky as a seeker.

This is not the balance we should aim for..."sins are ok when they get ganked by 10+ people) like wtf people? No other class needs that much focus, not even barbs. There is no balance in sins in no way imaginable.
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    Sins should not be nerfed. They are generally still too squishy for large scale pvp. It is unacceptable that they are sometimes forced to stealth. I say..add 40% to their defences, make tidal passive, and buff up the damage just a bit. It is unacceptable that they have to perform such a long combo to go from 1k to 35k. No one deserves so much attention.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • sin20
    Options
    zigheart92 wrote: »
    Sins are an issue? o.o i go after them in NW xD, they're easy kills on my seeker. with 150+ def lvls they tickle, and normally can't survive a hit from an ion zerk crit. granted there are a few better geared sins that can actually deal quite a bit of damage, but its rare i'm ever one shot by anyone.

lmao @ seekers getting easy kills
    and lmao @ ss qpq on tidal? ok, sins you faced were in g16

endgame sins with proper clues, shred even HAs... it's not a matter of how much pdef and def levels you have, it's just a matter of the damage multipliers sin has...

let's say a sin hits you with your cap pdef and max def levels for 1k, which is legit

crit = 2k

zerkcrit = 4k

subsea zerkcrit = 6k

subsea zerkcrit and wolf emblem = 7,2k

subsea zerkcrit wolf emblem last elimination tick = 8,6k

i heard sin ulti damage increase it's not currently working as described but in case they fix it = 13k

now imagine if he is 3sparked = 24k

and he is full deity = 35k

pig-1.gif​​

Rofl that is not broken at all and sins are such non factors cause of their dmg and tidal.

On a side note i got an idea for another barb skill , it would be a 5 hit combo skill that paralyzes target on first hit and gets 900% of wep dmg on last, we can call it barbimination.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I think seekers need a buff so they can help barbs with their aoe. They should make ss qpq combo aoe. Sac slash, qpq and it qpqs and silences anyone in 35 meters of the target... and multiples the debuff by the amount of enemies you qpq.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Options
    After barbs getting deaden i feel like we need something else that will balance our class really well , i feel some kind of a skill that has a 95% chance to make us imune to any status effect for 3 mins with a cd of 3mins and 5 sec would be a step in right direction and would balance the barbs really well in the current meta.

ahhaahh when did you restart to smoke 420 bruh

but well g17 procs will be great for barbs defensively... you just need to choose what you want, tidal, immune, untarget, shield etch​​

420 BLAZE IT.

Also i had another idea while we are at it , barbs could get a new skill called Barrage of Axes (lets call it BoA in short) , 2 spark panda form skill (only usable in panda form lmfao) , when barbs use it axes fall from sky on enemies in radius of 35 meters from target with 50% of the chance of axe being 'purge' axe all while dealing massive dmg.

Add to that another 50% chance of Curse damage (like Blade's HF :D ), the animation also should be like thousands of Pole boss axe debuff raining from the sky...

Also lets give them 100% soul of silence, 99% damage reduction and immune to movement debuff while using this skill :p
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    Options
    If the game is only 1vs1 pvp, sin is broken. But in large scale group pvp like 80 vs 80, sin is not shining as 1 vs 1. SB is preferred there. archer is also good at that place. db is actually better cuz his passive skill.

Even like NW, gear and number factors affects a lot, you may not really feel the imbalance between classes for winning.

It is true ppl says big group pvp don't needs skill, only skill is gathering enough ppl with good gears.

but yes, if ppl always focus 1 vs 1 between similar gear, sin and db is broken. but most players don't play like that way. Actually, that is not pwi game style. if you really like that, maybe just play the street fighter or even just chest, which is more balance between chars and more skillful.

the game designs different classes have different adv in different scale pvp.

The real problem is in the next coming expansion. the new arena will become a most often pvp event. 3 vs 3 may be a major pvp event( cuz 6vs6 is not easily gathered your sq mate at the same time). if game going like that, most players will be forced to play small scale pvp like 3 .vs. 3. At that point, sin and db will have big adv. That will be unfair to some classes like archer. Also don't really need skill. just a demon veno AA a sin or db, they will kill everything in few sec once phy=0 debuff happens.

They don't allows 1 .vs. 1 in the new arena because they want to reduce classes imbalance. But even 3 vs 3, classes imbalance still is a big factor. Winning just depend on how fast kill one of three opponent firstly.

Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    Lets be honest the only class that really needs to be buffed/updated is archer.

I'd accept the following;

-Aim Low with no chi cost that paralyses
    -Blazing arrow that adds crit damage %
    -Self/group buff that gives 20% tidal & focused mind for 15mins

-BoA that doesn't drop if target dies

:)
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    attackerv wrote: »
    If the game is only 1vs1 pvp, sin is broken. But in large scale group pvp like 80 vs 80, sin is not shining as 1 vs 1. SB is preferred there. archer is also good at that place. db is actually better cuz his passive skill.

Even like NW, gear and number factors affects a lot, you may not really feel the imbalance between classes for winning.

It is true ppl says big group pvp don't needs skill, only skill is gathering enough ppl with good gears.

but yes, if ppl always focus 1 vs 1 between similar gear, sin and db is broken. but most players don't play like that way. Actually, that is not pwi game style. if you really like that, maybe just play the street fighter or even just chest, which is more balance between chars and more skillful.

the game designs different classes have different adv in different scale pvp.

The real problem is in the next coming expansion. the new arena will become a most often pvp event. 3 vs 3 may be a major pvp event( cuz 6vs6 is not easily gathered your sq mate at the same time). if game going like that, most players will be forced to play small scale pvp like 3 .vs. 3. At that point, sin and db will have big adv. That will be unfair to some classes like archer. Also don't really need skill. just a demon veno AA a sin or db, they will kill everything in few sec once phy=0 debuff happens.

They don't allows 1 .vs. 1 in the new arena because they want to reduce classes imbalance. But even 3 vs 3, classes imbalance still is a big factor. Winning just depend on how fast kill one of three opponent firstly.

Partially I agree. However, sins also have a massive advantage in Mass-PvP as long as Tidal is up. Tidal enables them to stay alive far longer than any other class could (on average).

As for the arena...ya Storms will be kinda OP there...Storm Ulti literally forces anyone to use genie/Apo to stay alive. If you have 2 Storms and time it well its kinda 100% knockout for at least one enemy. While the first storm baits the enemy with churning vortex and ulti the other can use the storms protection skill (I so rarely played my storm lately that I forgot the name lol) that increase pdef/mdef by 500% which kinda makes sure that the other storm doesnt die. Last spot should be a duskblade, just to take out major CC of the enemy squad. Just saying :D
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Options

lmao @ seekers getting easy kills
    and lmao @ ss qpq on tidal? ok, sins you faced were in g16

endgame sins with proper clues, shred even HAs... it's not a matter of how much pdef and def levels you have, it's just a matter of the damage multipliers sin has...

let's say a sin hits you with your cap pdef and max def levels for 1k, which is legit

crit = 2k

zerkcrit = 4k

subsea zerkcrit = 6k

subsea zerkcrit and wolf emblem = 7,2k

subsea zerkcrit wolf emblem last elimination tick = 8,6k

i heard sin ulti damage increase it's not currently working as described but in case they fix it = 13k

now imagine if he is 3sparked = 24k

and he is full deity = 35k

pig-1.gif​​

Full deity gives a 46% damage increase on a sin? Unlikely...

Can you post actual calculations instead of just saying numbers?

A deity wizard can hit 30k+ non-ult without even needing a crit on equal geared players...
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    Options
    Mass-pvp like 80 vs 80 TW, the major issue is distance. many ppl just random tab (usually tab the closest ppl) and dd. Melee classes have to rush into enemies. Even a little closer to enemies group, you may get tons of control and dmg from opponents. u have to keep all pots and survive skill up when u fight around enemies. Once they are on CD, u better run back to around mates or will die in seconds by ppl focus. at that point, archer or other range classes just dd behind mates or around mates.

u can not sq two same classes. forget two storms .....

that is an interesting topic, what classes u want in 3 .vs. 3 or 6 .vs. 6.

I think in 3 .vs. 3, archer is excluded. It won't be shinning until big gear gap. sin and db are highly preferred.

we will see soon since the new arena is X-server and rank, we will see who and what classes combination will be best. this event is almost 24/7 days, time zone won't be a issue here.
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    Options
    You guys worried about full Deity Sin? There's 1 sin on my server I have seen with full Devil Stone haha. Worry about that!
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • eirghan
    Options
    You guys worried about full Deity Sin? There's 1 sin on my server I have seen with full Devil Stone haha. Worry about that!

I'm more worried for when @fury85 gets full devil. tiger-18.gif​​
  • jsxshadow
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @attackerv Oh, still easy.

Best 3v3 Setup is storm, dusk and either Mystic or Cleric. Mystic will push survi beyond epicness due to the new plants and petals. Clerics can take out one target completely for a short while which will also be a massive advantage but personally I'd got with a myst cause the new plants just sound friggin awesome. 15 sec perma purify is GG also endgame petals on max buffs are just insane. Dont forget AOE Sleep and a chance to aoe seal/freeze twice (thicket being more reliable).
  • zigheart92
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @zigheart92 That might be the case for you as you are a seeker. BMs and Barbs also dont die that fast (even tho i have seen that too on lower gears). LA/AA classes dont have the luck of being tanky enough.

Also..if you are able to oneshot sins with a single Ion Spike Zerk crit then you are most likely not attacking the sin alone or the sin is massively undergeared or you are massively overgeared but only the first 2 are the most likely. While tidal is up you most likely wont be able to CC the sin. You can't really spam one type of attacks (phys or mag) on any target making it especially hard for seeker to go beyond def charms and deal any damage at all. SSQPQ is also way too risky on tidal. So in that sense, you most likely only oneshot sins as an assist kill, not really a good starting point to claim they are ok.

Also, most endgame people (especially josd) get confused and think sins are ok just because they might survive some attacks while they are maximum buffed and especially seeker are ultra-tanky max buffed. However...get a purge and fail to transfer SS and an equally geared sin can possibly hit you for way over 80k if ZC on subsea...so well. Even if you dont get a purge, if the sin has enough time amd can CC you properly on equal gears you will eventually go down because killing a max geared sin alone is pretty much impossible unless you get ultralucky as a seeker.

This is not the balance we should aim for..."sins are ok when they get ganked by 10+ people) like wtf people? No other class needs that much focus, not even barbs. There is no balance in sins in no way imaginable.

Actually i rarely QPQ Sacrificial Slash on sins. As a demon seeker our unfetter gives an instant purify which is what i typically use to gain 197 attack lvls. Also in fights we have better chi gain then sage, allowing us to stay sparked more often if we are careful on consumption. I am JoSD (mostly still working on them), and +10 on all gears except ornaments (+8-9) the hardest class for me to kill is a JOSD demon wizzy >.> curse you demon barrier and your 40k pdef! Dx

Demon seekers can play quite a bit differently then sage. Sage is more burst damage on its skills, most giving quite a bit more damage, While demon is more focused on constant dps, CC, and debuffs. gemini's aoe slow and unfetter especially are huge perks. also the extra time on demon BA (2 seconds doesn't seem like much but it is) allows us to bypass def charms in quick succession.

On another note I find it incredibly amusing when anyone lets me spark and ulti to aps them to death. that surprisingly works more often then it should xD guess no one expects the seeker to auto them to death? >.> (insert troll face here)
  • eirghan
    edited December 2016
    Options

Actually i rarely QPQ Sacrificial Slash on sins. As a demon seeker our unfetter gives an instant purify which is what i typically use to gain 197 attack lvls. Also in fights we have better chi gain then sage, allowing us to stay sparked more often if we are careful on consumption. I am JoSD (mostly still working on them), and +10 on all gears except ornaments (+8-9) the hardest class for me to kill is a JOSD demon wizzy >.> curse you demon barrier and your 40k pdef! Dx

Demon seekers can play quite a bit differently then sage. Sage is more burst damage on its skills, most giving quite a bit more damage, While demon is more focused on constant dps, CC, and debuffs. gemini's aoe slow and unfetter especially are huge perks. also the extra time on demon BA (2 seconds doesn't seem like much but it is) allows us to bypass def charms in quick succession.

On another note I find it incredibly amusing when anyone lets me spark and ulti to aps them to death. that surprisingly works more often then it should xD guess no one expects the seeker to auto them to death? >.> (insert troll face here)

as a seeker in general i can see not qpqing on sins but hearing you purify instead of chance the debuff makes me sad :( You are josd so you will be giving a similar debuff as me. on my husband (r9 sin) he ends up with -57 defense level after ss qpq. if youre going to waste a purify anyway purely for the attack buff id chance the debuff - and thats a sage who doesnt have a back up purify with rewinding gesture if things go south before qpq cooldown is off​​
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    Seekers gemini zerk crit was a stupid damage.. But it's something u could play against/way to counter...
    Defense level debuff is something u could prepare against, since it's a combo thing... U cant avoid it but, u could get ready to take that blow /interrupt, etc...

Buffing sins damage, when they can bypass anti CC and got plenty amoutn of CC skills is a terrible idea.

Buffing DBs with an ultimate to reset their skills CDs is a terrible idea...
  • zigheart92
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »

as a seeker in general i can see not qpqing on sins but hearing you purify instead of chance the debuff makes me sad :( You are josd so you will be giving a similar debuff as me. on my husband (r9 sin) he ends up with -57 defense level after ss qpq. if youre going to waste a purify anyway purely for the attack buff id chance the debuff - and thats a sage who doesnt have a back up purify with rewinding gesture if things go south before qpq cooldown is off​​

Never said i don't try xD it just usually fails. along with crimson soul and fortify for mdef reduction. when it fails i just purify. the -88 def lvls is nice when it goes off.