Invite a Friend

Hi PWI, please turn on invite a friend.

Will help everyone a lot to level up their Sky.

Also its xmas time, be generous. xD

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    We unfortunately do not have that planned into the event calendar for this month! The buffs are, from what I understand, the coveted part of the event, so I've been focusing on getting the buffs themselves in for players as opposed to the event itself, which will need a patch from CN to turn on. I had forgotten how convenient the Ancient Gifts were, until I experimented with them again on my live character. Things are freeing up on the list of to-do's, so getting the buffs whitelisted and out to players has moved up the list!
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Meh they arent really needed anymore. Some of us will probably already get it maxed by time it comes out (unless it comes out within next 3 weeks). People just need to do dailies and stop wanting shortcuts all the time.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    Meh they arent really needed anymore. Some of us will probably already get it maxed by time it comes out (unless it comes out within next 3 weeks). People just need to do dailies and stop wanting shortcuts all the time.

not true.
    some of us would very much still want these buffs.

z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• xxxthekidxxx
    xxxthekidxxx Posts: 38 Arc User
    We unfortunately do not have that planned into the event calendar for this month! The buffs are, from what I understand, the coveted part of the event, so I've been focusing on getting the buffs themselves in for players as opposed to the event itself, which will need a patch from CN to turn on. I had forgotten how convenient the Ancient Gifts were, until I experimented with them again on my live character. Things are freeing up on the list of to-do's, so getting the buffs whitelisted and out to players has moved up the list!

Thanks for the info hope you can do it soon :)
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    no comment, my main is already twilight sky 6 going onto seven and thats from having some ancient gifts so i wont go against it, i have other toons too who i would love to get some for. free the buffs
  • zigheart92
    zigheart92 Posts: 54 Arc User
    There used to be a refer a friend, a long time ago, (so long i don't even remember exactly what it gave, so probably wasn't stellar xD) What if it brought it back as a referral reward? It would also hopefully rope in newer players as well. I do remember the feature worked fairly well in the past as well. (was it points you got? for the old achievement thingy?)

Before someone spouts out about possible abuse, its not hard to deter it with something simple like an IP filter. (I.E. if an IP has been already referred they can't accept the referral a second time. This ofc won't stop everyone but it will stop a large portion.
  • proksimitee
    proksimitee Posts: 27 Arc User
    Any further information or word on ancient gift possibility?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Small update - I've opened this line of communication to CN. Things look relatively positive for Ancient Gifts, baring that there isn't a high frequency into the servers, with a preference to attaching them to promos.

Inkdragon's Blood...not so much, as they cite that there is the in game way to get them right now, though I mentioned the infrequency of such an event (Resource Wars) can cause issues due to player attendance/timezones and the requirements to have it start up. For all I know, there could be a new method to obtain in the expansion, but I'm asking to see if I can open these up for players as well and what they would suggest doing.

That's all I have for now, but I might have to revisit Invite a Friend event again to get these buffs into players hands. Personally, its not something I'm too fond of, but we'll see how things go! I'm pretty positive that I'll be able to come to a sort of middle ground.
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    Small update - I've opened this line of communication to CN. Things look relatively positive for Ancient Gifts, baring that there isn't a high frequency into the servers, with a preference to attaching them to promos.

Inkdragon's Blood...not so much, as they cite that there is the in game way to get them right now, though I mentioned the infrequency of such an event (Resource Wars) can cause issues due to player attendance/timezones and the requirements to have it start up. For all I know, there could be a new method to obtain in the expansion, but I'm asking to see if I can open these up for players as well and what they would suggest doing.

That's all I have for now, but I might have to revisit Invite a Friend event again to get these buffs into players hands. Personally, its not something I'm too fond of, but we'll see how things go! I'm pretty positive that I'll be able to come to a sort of middle ground.

Thanks for the update :smiley: . Is there any possibility we could have the Legacy Mark or an item which gives a similar buff on the boutique for sale? Don't get me wrong, Ancient Gifts are nice, but Legacy Mark provides a bigger boost which I personally wouldn't mind paying a couple of golds to buy it.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited December 2016
    Good news everyone! Got the Ancient Gifts whitelisted, so you'll see them pop up soon during promos and maybe in other ways *wink wink* next year, so stay tuned for that!

As for Inkdragons I think they meant Spirit in their email, not Vitae, but they don't wish to send them out at this time. Which is unfortunate, but if we extend TW seasons, by extension it will mean more chances to get Inkdragon's. My main concern was the Ancient Gifts more than anything. I'll probably schedule out the Invite a Friend Event during a time that makes sense, and follow it up shortly after with Wukong.

Legacy Mark does have a more widespread effect than Ancient gift as it affects all players in squad...wait a minute, this comes from Invite a Friend too doesn't it? I think I'll play it safe and not bug them about it in such a short time span, plan the event out to organically reintroduce the Legacy Mark and then poke them for a whitelist on this item. Or, conversely, we can ask to sell this buff direct but they might like it in charge more, we'll see!

Sorry again that this whole process takes a bit of time, but I'm plugging away at it!

EDIT : I seem to be having some weirdness when I test the item - doing that poofing thing when I take it out of the mailbox. I'll hit them up and see what's happening.
    Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Honestly, why not just make them obtainable via Lucky Coins or Supply Tokens?​​
  • proksimitee
    Much appreciated on the update

Looking forward to grabbing some more
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited December 2016
    @chary It would end up being an exchange NPC they would have to create or editing an existing NPC. I could see if they'd like to make one where we leave it spawned indefinitely, but things like that would end up having to go into the next content update, not the upcoming expansion. So it would end up being a long term project, one that they can easily say no to. The "short term solution" would be to end up running Invite a Friend and then get the buff to not break coming out of the mailbox. I'm penning that into the calendar for next year and when it gets closer to the date, I'll put out an announcement for it, so long as they'll let me run it. EDIT : so, yes we can request it but no guarantee they'll be ok with the exchange or they might want it to be a time limited event.
  • proksimitee
    Hey kaly just curious if you managed to sort the bug and have an update by chance
  • proksimitee
    Still just curious about this ^-^
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Ahhh! I knew I had glazed over something yesterday!

Invite a Friend is tentatively slated into the schedule, but I'll need to ask CN first if they're ok with it, as its pretty well known around here that players are not using it for its actual intended purpose.

As far as the buff disappearing when taking it out of the mailbox, turns out we might have fixed it! Since the solution has more wide spread affects that might make some players very happy, I'll be asking orinj to see if we can get around to distributing something else we've been needing to for a while now... *wink*
  • proksimitee
    Alrighty,

Looking forward to hearing about its return ^-^
  • ironpwner
    Ahhh! I knew I had glazed over something yesterday!

Invite a Friend is tentatively slated into the schedule, but I'll need to ask CN first if they're ok with it, as its pretty well known around here that players are not using it for its actual intended purpose.

As far as the buff disappearing when taking it out of the mailbox, turns out we might have fixed it! Since the solution has more wide spread affects that might make some players very happy, I'll be asking orinj to see if we can get around to distributing something else we've been needing to for a while now... *wink*

Is it possible for them to give us access to the items from Invite a Friend option without the need to reactivate that feature, like adding them to the boutique, event boutique, an npc in exchange for some tokens of luck/lucky coins, the NW forges? I ask this cause if the main problem was the feature not being used as intended, this could be a way to get Ancient Gifts and Legacy Mark item, by paying for them, without turning it on again.

Thank you very much for the effort you are all putting into asking the CN devs about this, for taking care of the 'To do' list, and for the quick updates :blush: .
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    What I'm hoping I can do is run a log in rewards on top of the duration of Invite a Friend to hopefully encourage players to not just leave six dead accounts or unlogged alts on friendslists. Obviously, it doesn't stop someone from creating six more characters ahead of time in anticipation, but at that point there wouldn't be much I could do.

Event Boutique might be a no go, but I'll drop in a proposal and see what they say (perhaps might end up being super timelimited or higher priced? Maybe we can put a "item restriction per week/month" on it like how VIP has some items? These are all things I could see if they're ok with doing). They seem to be rather adverse to putting it straight into the boutique itself, but are ok with sparse injecting into spend promos.

Ahhh, and looks like I had forgotten to include the Legacy Mark onto that list of whitelist requests. I could check in with the idea of adding it into Event Boutique then.
  • obitole
    obitole Posts: 45 Arc User
    wow... this kalystconquerer is the real deal.... first time i see someone working and showing some results...thank you for moving earth and heavens
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Now if she can get us server transfer she gets my vote for best pwi gm ever
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • ironpwner
    Good afternoon, @kalystconquerer#0876 . Is there any update on this subject? On Etherblade there people who are already using the Legacy Mark, as well as people selling/buying Legacy Mark service. How come some people have it? Is there currently a way of getting that item?
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    It's just people who came back to game after a long break or alts who still have the legacy quest from the last time they activated invite a friend. There is currently no way to get it unless you have an inactive toon you haven't logged since the last time it was enabled​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Yeah, it might be people reactivating after a long while.

It is still in the event calendar I have planned out though March and the powers that be are very aware of when I want to run it, but I will have to run it by CN and get it though the hoops to get to players. So I'm in this weird "It's planned, but not patched in and finalized" state. If this suddenly changes though, I'll drop a line.
  • ironpwner
    Oooh I see! :smile: . Thank you very much for the response, Pixel and Kalyst. Glad to know it's still on the list :smiley:
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    A possible explanation for the sudden surge in characters which have the buff is that most people who want to maximize their new sky level depleted their stash of items. So they now turn to VERY old characters which they did not touch in many months.

Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948