.....*Tourney*! Finally!

eirghan
eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
edited December 2016 in General Discussion
Thanks @kalystconquerer#0876 for working magic. We like you. :)

also thank you and @thenamesdomino and the team for the codes recently!

Edit: ok no xtourney but I'm still happy!​​
Post edited by eirghan on

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    The XTourney isnt up and working though, only local version is.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @eirghan Yes, sorry! Just local version for now. When we wanted to push cross server, CN did not want it on a "weekly" timer because they did not want Crown of Madness's to enter the servers at an increased rate. Beats me why they set their expiration times like they did, but cross server version has been working for a while, so all we'd need to do is flip the switch. CN wants "seasons", but I'm going to see if I can pitch just built-in seasons based on ticket expiration time so we don't have to deal with all the usual things that come with backend legwork. (datapulls, whitelists, tickets flooding Customer Support etc.)

I know people are going to be unhappy with no immediate cross server competition, but I hope there is enough of a track record on here for there to be a vote of confidence that we can get cross server running as well soon!

Side note - keep in mind we have a huge expansion coming, so I'll be juggling between checking all the new content plus keeping up events, blogposts and such. So you might see slower response times in 2017 due to increased workloads.
  • eirghan
    Awe i thought it was the actual tourney. Is it that local tourney can farm the rewards then? Because it was my understanding the prizes were awarded for XTourney and not regular thursday night fights but the news post advertises those prizes? Maybe i am misinformed.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    The majority of rewards can be obtained from local version. The only rewards that would necessitate a cross server version to "farm" them are Zenith Skulls (Which have a local version exchange as well, so this is not "cross server exclusive") and the Draconic Essence (which can be farmed also from having a higher leveled Homestead for the daily quests). You'll notice these items both say they need "Token of Passion" on them versus all the other items which will say things like needing Token of Tenacity, Might or Valiancy. I will say at least for the Draconic Essences, it might be lower effort to do cross tournament than trying to have daily quests at the homestead level you'd need to be at.

The helms are from doing the Championship Round for local version tournament, so you can get those weekly as well. Those helms are also not bound, so you can sell them to players if you wanted to.

Hope this helps!
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Side note - keep in mind we have a huge expansion coming, so I'll be juggling between checking all the new content plus keeping up events, blogposts and such. So you might see slower response times in 2017 due to increased workloads.

I'm a bit jealous you get to check and test all the new content before us. Of course I understand that needs to be done to ensure there are no major bugs and such, but it must be exciting.
    dino3-17.gif
    ​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @catgirldesu As a player, I'm tickled pink about it! I get the best eyebrow raises over it. "You're actually happy about this?" Yes. Yes I am.

As a tester...that's a different story. Which is why I've started keeping a poorly Google translated eye on the PWCN forums to see what to watch out for.
  • blinkmuch
    blinkmuch Posts: 9 Arc User
    ... Zenith Skulls (Which have a local version exchange as well, so this is not "cross server exclusive")

@kalystconquerer where do u see this? the respective item to craft dull zenith skull would be "token of passion" (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/50244)
    which u can get from "Diamond Conqueror's Chest" (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/49646) which itself is a reward from x-server tourney only

what we need most atm r the "dull zenith skulls" cos theres a few ppl on my server being close to g17 4th+5th cast (whether buying or farming idc) but all of them r lacking the majority of skulls
    ive personally done UP since day 1 and havent had a single skull drop, and u need 61ish for 5th cast (25 for 4th and 36 for 5th)

havent had time to do UPD yet since they apparently fixed it this maint but judging from the patchnote text it will be 1 "dull zenith skull shard"
    meaning even if the squad was willing to give/sell the shard to u every day thats still 610 days (almost 2 yrs!) to get them 100%
    given u can find an UPD squad in the first place

as far as i know theres like 5 squads actively farming UPD every day on my server so yeah the way it looks atm u cant get g17 unless pretty much the entire server helped together and gave the mats to 1 person (which we all know aint going to happen lol)

ik the salt will be real but even tho i prefer to farm stuff myself, even i think it would be best to put -ONLY- dull zenith skull into btq at some point (at a REASONABLE price.....e.g. the 18g per dull profaned wood is NOT reasonable (300 wood for all casts = 5400$ for a mat of which u can farm 2 in 4 days)
  • eirghan
    Ah well I am still thankful you are working on it I think it's amazing that players will have access to the helm rewards considering the sheer coin value of like helms currently available. Having a PVP instance with rewards that are actually worth something is also a great opportunity for our PVP-centered community.

OK so it's not "XTourney" but thanks all the same for "Tourney" work :)
    ​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited December 2016
    @blinkmuch I hopped on live to grab a SS of the Merchant (since I almost second guessed myself) but here is what the merchant shows -

v1ahaaaaplug.png

mcdqpjcrunn1.png

There are two redemption choices - one is for the Token of Tenacity, and the other is the redemption for the Token of Passion. Both will give you one whole Dull Zenith Skull. Token of Tenacity for reference - http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/50242

The chest you can acquire it from is from Silver Hall ranked players and up. The local server version chest of the same "quality", Diamond - http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/35395 The only difference is the names - Diamond Tournament Chest versus Diamond Conquerer's Chest plus the increased drop rates.

You'll notice, however, that you'll only get one Token of Tenacity every week from local if you're in the Diamond rank, so 3 weeks to farm one Zenith Skull assuming you are running it and consistently ranking this high. Cross Server is guaranteed one, but based on what CN says and their wanting "seasons", local will most likely be a "faster redemption time" vs. waiting on cross. You will need the ticket to enter cross server anyways, so you'd consistently be a top player.

EDIT : Said Gold Hall and up initially, but looks like you can acquire it for Silver and up based on pwdatabase.
  • blinkmuch
    blinkmuch Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    oo thanks so much!

feel kinda stupid now, looks like i scrolled over the token of tenacity at least 5x when i was checking dull zenith skulls crafting possiblities :s
    -fixed mouse scrolling speed-

ps. any chance we get that fashion set as a permanent option this yr? xD
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    blinkmuch wrote: »

yes yes please dear kalyst
  • eirghan
    shopcheese wrote: »
    blinkmuch wrote: »

yes yes please dear kalyst

+2 its awesome! I regret so much I redeemed it now its so cute and only 3 days tiger-14.gif​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @blinkmuch No problem! That was something I triple checked before local went live just to make sure cross server not being released wouldn't be a huge negative impact on the rewards players could obtain. Still annoying for sure, and fair criticism can be leveraged against not having a more "easier" path to the Dull Draconic Essences.

There is a perm version I wanted to send out, however it needs some localization. So that will probably have to be a next year sort of deal unfortunately. That and, with all the other free items, I'm not sure I'd be allowed to then also give out a perm version on top of everything. We haven't sold it before either soooo we can probably make it exclusive free fashion only given out during the holidays :D
  • eirghan
    @blinkmuch No problem! That was something I triple checked before local went live just to make sure cross server not being released wouldn't be a huge negative impact on the rewards players could obtain. Still annoying for sure, and fair criticism can be leveraged against not having a more "easier" path to the Dull Draconic Essences.

There is a perm version I wanted to send out, however it needs some localization. So that will probably have to be a next year sort of deal unfortunately. That and, with all the other free items, I'm not sure I'd be allowed to then also give out a perm version on top of everything. We haven't sold it before either soooo we can probably make it exclusive free fashion only given out during the holidays :D

fox-45.giffox-45.gifPut it in cash shop for holiday sales fox-45.giffox-45.gif
    ​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Just a little sad it's server time. 8pm.

O well nice it's working.

Thanks.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @eirghan Salt of the earth though, if that were to happen. It'd be like, "You like this cute fashion? Yes? Well here's a 3 day version try-before-you-buy, because now it's in the shop GG". Heh. My playertalk is showing.

If anyone asks why it's in the shop, totally blaming you.

@heero200 Oof, bad time? We shifted it one hour later, since before it was supposed to be 19:50 local server time. Bound to miss some people, which is unfortunate.

• happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Bound to miss some people?

Yet another massively important event that is 100% impossible for Harshlands players to attend due to server time.

What a joke lol
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited December 2016
    @eirghan Salt of the earth though, if that were to happen. It'd be like, "You like this cute fashion? Yes? Well here's a 3 day version try-before-you-buy, because now it's in the shop GG". Heh. My playertalk is showing.

If anyone asks why it's in the shop, totally blaming you.

@heero200 Oof, bad time? We shifted it one hour later, since before it was supposed to be 19:50 local server time. Bound to miss some people, which is unfortunate.

yer thats 4am for me...

to be fair its not an event that will cause a gear gap like NW. People not being able to NW will because they cant get the mats any other way than to buy.

I like to look for solutions so we can find a win win position for PW and players. I know when it comes down to it X server time is gonna be a pain for someone. EU are going to have a better position. Only way to deal with this is to have 2 events at different times. Am and PM so you cover a lot more of the base. your never clear everyone. This is the same problem your have with XPvP server wars. you run it 8pm server time the US will be at work / other things.

Really and truly an open PvP area with some XServer quests would be nice. Our version of PW is very different to PWCN in the timezones. Im still a hard set on getting the right result for us. Worth a thought. Ok so lets go one more step. what about an XServer FB / Instance / Dungeon Open all day...

Im kicking my self with all these ideas im gonna design my own MMO... yer I wish...​​
  • eirghan
    edited December 2016
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Im cool with it. Tell the angry ones to farm cube to sell the cogs to earn the coin to buy the gold out of ah to buy the fashion with #triggeredplayerbase :D

Regarding the harshlands.... Dg is big enough. I dont get why they dont rework the merge for hl to go to et or something. HL got royally *****d in the merge and i actually cant believe I still have to read how messed things are for these guys. Does pw have a heart :bawling:
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    @catgirldesu As a player, I'm tickled pink about it! I get the best eyebrow raises over it. "You're actually happy about this?" Yes. Yes I am.

As a tester...that's a different story. Which is why I've started keeping a poorly Google translated eye on the PWCN forums to see what to watch out for.

Hey if you need someone to test feel free to gimme a call tiger-2.gif​​
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    This also becomes a problem with our cross server events. Trying to plan for three different timezones becomes problematic due to local server events firing off at certain times. This is one of the reasons why cross server is not activated at this time as well, simply because trying to slot it in between cross server events (xTW/DC and trying to fit in xNW since people want this back) and local events (local NW, RW, TW etc.) becomes messy.

Because RW has the chance to run on Thursday night, it was pushed back one hour. We still have a lot of logistics to work out for cross server. For now, the 20:50 local server time is penciled in for TNF and we'll monitor the situation as tournaments start happening.

@eirghan I thought no one farmed cube anymore for profit because necks are so cheap, or is that still a thing?

I wasn't in the whole server talks discussion because obviously it was before my time at PWE, but it did not sound easy by the accounts given. Wouldn't wish having to make that decision on anyone. In my case, from a players perspective, it was annoying at best. This was only because I had re-rolled off HT, only to have to come back to it and found it to be cruel irony.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    I noticed the TNF was pushed one hour and it actually made me a bit happy as someone who plays on a server with way different time than my own, though my preference would have been pushing it two hours, that would fit my rl schedule and I might even have been able to go sometimes. Oh well, I cant have everything my way lol.
  • p0odlep0p
    p0odlep0p Posts: 10 Arc User
    Just curious, is this event 1 on 1 or a lot of people in the same room attacking each other?
  • yuyi#4233
    yuyi#4233 Posts: 28 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 The people that are ex-Harshlands and are part of the west/east coast on the European server are pretty upset right now with the release of TNF and not being able to attend due being forced into this server with the European time zone after the merge. It would be really nice or a solution to this, right now, if we were able to do a merge, how about offering the poor Harshlands players some sort of server transfer? I'm fairly sure that's possible if we had merges going on. Simply do that suffix thing you guys did like when the servers were merged and Harshlands had a HL tag (if needed). I don't see any other solution to the ex Harshlands problem other than that; thoughts?

And please, do not quote me with the ''I'm European and I used to play on east/west coast time zone''. First of, back then, there was no European server so it was by your choice to play by those rules. In our case (my case as well), I did my character in Harshlands because it was east coast which is my time zone; I NEVER signed up for a European server time zone. So that... was taken away and now we have this mess. We got forced into something we did not want nor we chose; we selected that server for a reason, because it was our time zone. If the European people were already playing out of their time zone, that was already a decision and they could either keep it or not, us ex-Harshlands did not decided for this and we deserve some sort of aid.

Also, this is apart of all the other events that we cannot attend. So please, do a exception in this case and offer us ex-Harshlands some sort of transfer back to our time zone.

Sincerely, a 8 years veteran player.

• masterx23
    masterx23 Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'd approve of one time chance to xfer from HL to another server. Just due to the fact of time zones.

As for me personally, i had characters on Harshlands, and 20 on EU server. After the merge i lost all HL characters, including my first characters. I happened to NOT see a small part of a forum post saying i'd lose them if there was not enough room... So there is that tragedy!​​
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Is still the "bug" when you are in a squad you cant get opponent your squad members?
    Also if you stay afk during the fight while opponent do the same, both players qualify for the next stage?

Is any solution of these problems?

Cause people from big guilds will have a benefit doing nothing and win somehting
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Does this tournament involve anything like digging chests to decide which players go to which room?

There was a faction on Sanctuary (now on Twilight Temple) that is known to cheat during the PvP tournament, and have one of their members look up in the code (or whatever mumbo jumbo, please dont explain, I dont care) which chests will take you to which room. They would use this to get their whole squad in the same room together. They obviously were never punished for this cheating (or any of the other cheating they've done) so I hope shenanigans like that wont be possible in this tournament.

Players from Sanctuary (now Twilight Temple) have a hard time enjoying this kind of content due to cheaters so I hope PW has found a way to prevent it if they arent gonna punish anyone.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @beast21g AFKing during a fight won't work because the boss orb that spawns dealing damage will start killing people off randomly one at a time until half of the players advance and the others move on. Sure you could AFK, but the way the system pairs you, you will always end up in the bottom brackets compared to those that progress normally.

@dingo488 No chests to dig to progress, thankfully. The only chest you can dig is at the end, which is an optional match players can participate in for a local version tournament helm. The reward chest will be automatically placed in your bag depending on which "Hall" you're in, and you can completely skip doing the Championship match if you want. There is a short window of time to register for this optional final match, otherwise you can just exit the tournament after all bouts have been finished.
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Tourny is/was a complete fail on dawnglory , npc spawned ppl took q and nothing happened, npc was gone and no one was ported inside , we can say it was expected xD
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    It was awesome on dawnglory! Thanks for fun everybody :)