test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Typo on SvS rewards?

chipboychipboy Posts: 56 Arc User
This is a link to the news page on the announcement of the SVS winners
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10139973-territory-wars-and-dragons’-conquest-winners

And the rewards are stated as followed


Champion Faction:
- Crest of Dominator x 5
- Medal of Glory x 30
- Seal of War x 400
- War Avatar Chest A x 30
- Conflagration Dragon Mount x 1

Second Place Faction:
- Crest of Dominator x 1
- Medal of Glory x 20
- Seal of War x 400
- War Avatar Chest A x 20

Third Place Faction:
- Crest of Dominator x 1
- Medal of Glory x 20
- Seal of War x 400
- War Avatar Chest A x 10

4th - 10th Place Faction:
- Medal of Glory x 15
- Seal of War x 300

11th - 20th Place Faction:
- Medal of Glory x 10
- Seal of War x 200

However, shouldn't 2nd place receive 3 helmets and not just 1? There is almost no difference besides 10 A chests between 3rd and 2nd. Also, the previous seasons 2nd place was awarded 3 Helmets for 2nd place in SvS as well. I'm hoping this is just a typo but can a GM confirm this please?

Comments

  • keihan007#7641 keihan007 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    chipboy wrote: »
    However, shouldn't 2nd place receive 3 helmets and not just 1? There is almost no difference besides 10 A chests between 3rd and 2nd. Also, the previous seasons 2nd place was awarded 3 Helmets for 2nd place in SvS as well. I'm hoping this is just a typo but can a GM confirm this please?

    Its not a typo and it was like that during season 2 too. 2nd place only get 1 helm, which imo is wrong but its what it is. Only season 1 was the exception where 2nd place faction got 3 helms.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

  • kalystconquerer#0876 kalystconquerer Forum Crawler Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I'll check the newspost about the DC winners for season one, and if it somehow got reduced between the first and second seasons with no real explanation, I don't see a reason why we can't change it back to what first season's prizing was. I think the prizing structure was just carried from season two to this season without checking season one, on the assumption that it was correct. Not sure if we can just change prizing on a whim, but I'll ask orinj if he's in today and see what he thinks!
  • prancingprancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    I'll check the newspost about the DC winners for season one, and if it somehow got reduced between the first and second seasons with no real explanation, I don't see a reason why we can't change it back to what first season's prizing was. I think the prizing structure was just carried from season two to this season without checking season one, on the assumption that it was correct. Not sure if we can just change prizing on a whim, but I'll ask orinj if he's in today and see what he thinks!

    Well thats not fair to change it post actively! Maybe other factions would have tried harder to get 2nd.

    m5arXCN.png
  • kalystconquerer#0876 kalystconquerer Forum Crawler Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @prancing That's what I figured as much - because changing it in either direction (more rewards or less) never really goes over well. I never got word of why it was randomly nerfed in the first place for second place winners, since I started digging into the old posts. In that case, we can bump it back up to the old reward structure for next season, unless the current rewards are getting stale for players.
  • dingo488dingo488 Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Weird that no one said anything last season. Whoever got 2nd shudve gotten 3 helmets, same for this season. In fact, the ''trying harder to get 2nd'' thing doesnt quite work, since other factions were assuming 2nd place would earn 3 helmets instead of just the 1. So there was no faction not trying as hard to get 2nd place since 3rd place would land the same reward, thats not a valid argument, I dont see any problems in just changing it to 3 helmets tbh, we all expected it to be that much :P


    IGN: Madskillz
  • kalystconquerer#0876 kalystconquerer Forum Crawler Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Is this the newspost people are refering to for the original season payouts? - https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9856743-dragon's-conquest-spring-season-tournament
    Champion Faction: (★★★Crest of Dominator * 5) (Medal of Glory * 30) (Seal of War * 400) (War Avatar Chest A * 30) (Conflagration Dragon Mount * 1)
    Second Place Faction: (★★★Crest of Dominator * 2) (Medal of Glory * 20) (Seal of War * 400) (War Avatar Chest A * 20)
    Third Place Faction: (★★★Crest of Dominator * 1) (Medal of Glory * 20) (Seal of War * 400) (War Avatar Chest A * 10)
    4th - 10th Place Faction: (Medal of Glory * 15) (Seal of War * 300)
    11th - 20thPlace Faction: (Medal of Glory * 10) (Seal of War * 200)

    This says two helms though, not three. Can anyone confirm a three helm payout?
  • berrynlberrynl Posts: 21 Arc User
    It was two (2) helms. I can confirm as we were the 2nd place faction at the time. The announcement for season three (3) did read the current structure of five (5), one (1) and one (1). If anything, I suppose retroactively perhaps the faction that placed 2nd place in season two (2) could/should be rewarded an extra helm because no notification was ever made prior to the prizes being awarded that it was secretly bumped down to one (1).

    If specifics were to be debated, I do believe the very initial post when Dragon Conquest was released mentioned three (3) helms for the runner-up, but it was changed fairly early on into the competition (silently) by whomever has the authority to do as such with news post within the PWI Staff.

    That's about all the information I got.
  • sin20sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Well either way 1 helm for 2nd and 3rd place makes no difference so 2nd place reward should be if not 3 at least 2 helms.
  • keihan007#7641 keihan007 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Weird that no one said anything last season. Whoever got 2nd shudve gotten 3 helmets, same for this season. In fact, the ''trying harder to get 2nd'' thing doesnt quite work, since other factions were assuming 2nd place would earn 3 helmets instead of just the 1. So there was no faction not trying as hard to get 2nd place since 3rd place would land the same reward, thats not a valid argument, I dont see any problems in just changing it to 3 helmets tbh, we all expected it to be that much :P

    We got 2nd last season and I think we asked bout the reasoning for 1 helm vs 3 helms in a private ticket to support iirc. I could be wrong, its been a while and it was prior to my officer times but I have hazy memory of hearing something bout it. I honestly dislike the idea of touching rewards after season is done, no matter how justified upping the rewards to 3 helms would be.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

  • valdismanvaldisman Posts: 562 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Weird that no one said anything last season. Whoever got 2nd shudve gotten 3 helmets, same for this season. In fact, the ''trying harder to get 2nd'' thing doesnt quite work, since other factions were assuming 2nd place would earn 3 helmets instead of just the 1. So there was no faction not trying as hard to get 2nd place since 3rd place would land the same reward, thats not a valid argument, I dont see any problems in just changing it to 3 helmets tbh, we all expected it to be that much :P

    We got 2nd last season and I think we asked bout the reasoning for 1 helm vs 3 helms in a private ticket to support iirc. I could be wrong, its been a while and it was prior to my officer times but I have hazy memory of hearing something bout it. I honestly dislike the idea of touching rewards after season is done, no matter how justified upping the rewards to 3 helms would be.

    More QQ about xTW helms :D:D Git Gud.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • valdismanvaldisman Posts: 562 Arc User
    chipboy wrote: »
    This is a link to the news page on the announcement of the SVS winners
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10139973-territory-wars-and-dragons’-conquest-winners

    And the rewards are stated as followed


    Champion Faction:
    - Crest of Dominator x 5
    - Medal of Glory x 30
    - Seal of War x 400
    - War Avatar Chest A x 30
    - Conflagration Dragon Mount x 1

    Second Place Faction:
    - Crest of Dominator x 1
    - Medal of Glory x 20
    - Seal of War x 400
    - War Avatar Chest A x 20

    Third Place Faction:
    - Crest of Dominator x 1
    - Medal of Glory x 20
    - Seal of War x 400
    - War Avatar Chest A x 10

    4th - 10th Place Faction:
    - Medal of Glory x 15
    - Seal of War x 300

    11th - 20th Place Faction:
    - Medal of Glory x 10
    - Seal of War x 200

    However, shouldn't 2nd place receive 3 helmets and not just 1? There is almost no difference besides 10 A chests between 3rd and 2nd. Also, the previous seasons 2nd place was awarded 3 Helmets for 2nd place in SvS as well. I'm hoping this is just a typo but can a GM confirm this please?

    First season of DC 2nd place got 2 helms.
    Second season it went down to 1 helm and its the same again for this season. No idea why it changed but it isn't just this season that's different.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • strife614strife614 Posts: 22 Arc User
    On the topic of rewards, can we take a moment and consider revising the reward for the 6th place faction. I really think whoever comes in 6th place deserves a helm as a "Don't give up sport, maybe one day" reward. Any one got any thoughts on this issue?
    Dedaluminus+rolled+image+booty+had+me+like+_fcd1122ac83b332a4f46aba8c91b800d.gif

  • bboycrazebboycraze Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Wonder what's Vindicate's position on this. You guys think 2nd place should get extra helm or should we give 1 to some other faction that tries really hard but just can't?
  • dingo488dingo488 Posts: 935 Arc User
    strife614 wrote: »
    On the topic of rewards, can we take a moment and consider revising the reward for the 6th place faction. I really think whoever comes in 6th place deserves a helm as a "Don't give up sport, maybe one day" reward. Any one got any thoughts on this issue?

    Ugh, word. I couldnt agree more. Especially this season. We went into xTW with 6 top tier factions, and after this season 5 of those 6 factions have received at least 1 top 3 finish, but one has failed to qualify over and over. I feel like they should get a push in the back, a participation reward or something, you know... for motivation.


    IGN: Madskillz
  • prancingprancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Weird that no one said anything last season. Whoever got 2nd shudve gotten 3 helmets, same for this season. In fact, the ''trying harder to get 2nd'' thing doesnt quite work, since other factions were assuming 2nd place would earn 3 helmets instead of just the 1. So there was no faction not trying as hard to get 2nd place since 3rd place would land the same reward, thats not a valid argument, I dont see any problems in just changing it to 3 helmets tbh, we all expected it to be that much :P

    So you expected reward to be different than the announced rewards? Hmmm interesting expectations.
    m5arXCN.png
  • capnkcapnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Regarding Vindicate goading, as I said before, the majority of the faction doesn't care about xtw. It's just something to do since nobody will fight us in TW. But hey, you guys have xtw as your whole raison d'etre. You must have gotten a better placement this season right?

    so-tell-me-b3szgq.jpg

  • chipboychipboy Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Ahh yeah I see 2 sources now saying it was 2 helmets for 2nd place, I could have swore I saw 3 before but I guess I was mistaken or it was changed to 2 in the final payout. But, either way I would think it should be 2 helmets instead of just 1.
  • dingo488dingo488 Posts: 935 Arc User
    prancing wrote: »
    So you expected reward to be different than the announced rewards? Hmmm interesting expectations.

    Yush, as did everyone in Hoorah, so it didnt influence how ''hard we were trying'', we all good! \o


    IGN: Madskillz
  • dregenfoxdregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Yeah, umm...the rewards were clearly laid out several months before the actual start of the season...why bring this up now?

  • dingo488dingo488 Posts: 935 Arc User
    capnk wrote: »
    Regarding Vindicate goading, as I said before, the majority of the faction doesn't care about xtw. It's just something to do since nobody will fight us in TW.

    Ah so thats how it is, sorry for misunderstanding, you have to understand its easy to misunderstand, I think you guys are on your 5th coordinator in a single xTW season and there's been tons of drama between your officers due to your results. From where we are standing those are mostly signs of incompetence, though I guess you guys just dont really care. Well damn, thats a real shame, if Vindi cared they'd be a real competitor!

    I wonder if there's something that can be done to make Vindi care more, perhaps making xTW look more like TW for Vindi... But I dont think its fair if you guys get to bid on the weakest faction every week, or if you guys can attack 1 faction with both you and Vindi's usual allied factions, you know... wudnt really be fair for the other competing factions. A silly suggestion any way, cuz thats not what Vindicate wants, they want challenging TWs against other factions of their own caliber, which they sadly enough just cant seem to get, truly tragic... if only there was some sort of TW format where they would be able to get fights like this :\

    Any way, enough dreaming, perhaps you answered the main question, what to give the 6th place faction, I think a lvl 1 ceremonial weapon would be a great reward! Every player on every server already has this weapon so there's absolutely no worries that we'll be giving away some prestige equipment but for some reason that kind of thing really hits the spot for Vindi, I dont really get it myself but Im not gonna judge.



    IGN: Madskillz
  • valdismanvaldisman Posts: 562 Arc User
    chipboy wrote: »
    Ahh yeah I see 2 sources now saying it was 2 helmets for 2nd place, I could have swore I saw 3 before but I guess I was mistaken or it was changed to 2 in the final payout. But, either way I would think it should be 2 helmets instead of just 1.

    Yeah a 3 2 1 sort of makes sense in a way that you're not classing 2nd and 3rd place as the same thing. However, the extra 1 helm between 1st and 2nd in my opinion isn't that much rewarding. I think there should be a bit of a bigger gap between 1st and 2nd place as there currently is with the 2 extra helms.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • prancingprancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Can u please also increase 8th place rewards! Me and my whole faction thought we we going to get 10 of these helms!
    m5arXCN.png
  • kalystconquerer#0876 kalystconquerer Forum Crawler Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I have been spending alot of energy on TW rewards, but I haven't looked into the xTW/DC rewards too closely since the inception of the tournament. Can't hurt to look at how the prizing is and see what we can shake up. For now though, I mentioned to orinj this odd discrepancy, so the following season will at least bump the rewards back up to what they were originally.
  • dingo488dingo488 Posts: 935 Arc User
    Tempest earned 2nd place, they shud receive a reward that reflects that, you dont give someone that finished second a bronze medal.

    Not sure why Karma didnt get that in the 2nd season, though u could argue they decided to bump down the rewards for that season since it was never officially announced and nothing got reset at all, neither points nor lands, so Karma didnt really ''earn'' that second place, but that too is arguable and somewhat unnecessary.


    IGN: Madskillz
  • capnkcapnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Ah so thats how it is, sorry for misunderstanding, you have to understand its easy to misunderstand, I think you guys are on your 5th coordinator in a single xTW season and there's been tons of drama between your officers due to your results.

    Man you must work for the National Enquirer. If you're going to troll at least make up something that's halfway true so it looks believable. No drama here regarding xtw, and we've had the same coordinator for a while now, only the second this season.
    dingo488 wrote: »
    A silly suggestion any way, cuz thats not what Vindicate wants, they want challenging TWs against other factions of their own caliber, which they sadly enough just cant seem to get, truly tragic... if only there was some sort of TW format where they would be able to get fights like this :\

    Well we bid on the #3 xtw faction last week but they didn't show up to fight us. They probably have some excuse like they had multiple fights or something... but so did we. So yeah xtw is just like tw where Hoorah doesn't show up.

  • sin20sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer So xtw season is over right? Can you take a ss of rankings and when can we expect official announcement about rewards and etc?
  • valdismanvaldisman Posts: 562 Arc User
    I have been spending alot of energy on TW rewards, but I haven't looked into the xTW/DC rewards too closely since the inception of the tournament. Can't hurt to look at how the prizing is and see what we can shake up. For now though, I mentioned to orinj this odd discrepancy, so the following season will at least bump the rewards back up to what they were originally.

    The only difference is the extra Helm for 2nd ranked faction as far as I know.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
Sign In or Register to comment.