Skill Glyph System in the next expansion

Comments

• freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    samasalao wrote: »
    freygin wrote: »
    It's still unclear though, I hope someone will explain what that thread is all about.

Based on Jiunjie Lee Nation War Video (China), I can tell you the effect has not been changed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUAF9llzSW8

Go to Minute 30:07, Jiunjie gets cursed with the lighting thunder effect, his charm ticks, and his HP becomes max-lighting thunder effect, meaning the effect is currently the same on china, the video is from China NW on November 27.

So it still affects hp charm, but I wonder why the heal blocker box was 7400 at first but after the charm ticked it didn't fully reduce 7400 but went to 4000 for a bit which means only 3400 were used to reduce charm tick, the Hp which should be 26734 became only 22677 = -4057 (reduced by 3400 and some dot and probably cyclone).

Oh and he said he plays Taiwan version of the game and it hasn't been updated to the latest. So it's still worrying for clerics. I hope they will not nerf it that much since aurora skills were meant to work that way.

He also added regarding that chinese thread, "the main discussion updated the current latest version, Aurora skills (treatment blockers) will not affect the HP props absorption, there is no affirmative answer" , sounds like what you said might be true =.=
    Post edited by freygin on
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    bboycraze wrote: »

It's nice to look at the stats and talk about what you'll get but still have to consider the time it'll take to get a lvl 10 rune for each of the 6 skills. While I don't disagree with Downburst, there are other skills for which i'd rather focus on maxing out their runes in the early term.

Agree 100% on the Demon/Sage though; Moonblade was my sole sore spot for choosing Demon.

I'm having a hard time working what I like most for Moonblade and Supercell, and torn between the max 75% debuff and constant 60% on Cloudburst. Some choices are definitely playstyle oriented and that's good for the game

That's a tough decision, to be frank, I have a habit of never using 3T Cloudburst unless I have Climate Change skill up. I personally can't withstand losing the channeling buff for one second. I have tested that 1 Downburst could last 3 Sonic Booms, but by the time you cast Cloudburst for the 4th skill after those 3 Sonic Booms, the channeling buff won't be there on the Cloudburst channeling time. I might just go for the 60% because there are many more factors for than just the 15% of gear value.

All of Stormbringer's mobile skills have 90% base magic damage instead of the the usual 100% base magic damage. This is because when you use Reaper Form, your skill gets amplified by 33% which leaves our mobile skills around 120% base magic damage for 30 seconds. Since Reaper From has a 90 second cooldown, this means in the long term DPS is essentially 100% base magic damage like any other class (30 seconds of buff, 60 seconds without).

But now where it gets interesting is when you stack a 2I 1T Supercell for 30% more skill damage and Sage Moonblade for 30% hf amp on your foe. A friend taught me a method to spell cancel Moonblade so that you get the debuff without wasting time finishing the 4 consecutive hits. This also works for Tidal Force as well, you can spell cancel with Esc as soon as the channeling bar finishes. The visual animation is also usually delayed when you do this, so your enemies will be debuffed way before they see the first Moonblade hit. I am not sure exactly what the new Supercell is but it looks promising.

I know it may take a long time to level up a skill to max but about 50% of the skills I cast in both PVE or PVP is usually Downburst, that's why I have so much emphasis on 20 or 25 to 35% channeling. I still use the other skills, but not even close to Downburst.
  • bboycraze
    bboycraze Posts: 38 Arc User
    @dat1guyy Very valid point; I'm still getting the hang of SB utility in PVP. I imagine the way I like to play, I'll sacrifice the channeling boost if only briefly as need be for maximum debuff output. Also not sure if the max 75% Cloudburst will be 30%-75% or how the intermediate charges will increment the debuff; it might turn out that 2T 1I Cloudburst is still better than 60%. Have to see.

BTW, 2T 1I Supercell's skill amp is currently pve only, not sure if you were mentioning the current Supercell or the rune option in coming expansion.
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    @bboycraze Actually you are right. I always thought it was different from the DB buff despite still having the same buff icon. Now I feel dumb for using it sometimes in PVP situations. Since the skill just states skill damage, I assumed it was like the primal Endless Breeze passive that increased skill direct damage by 20% at level 10.

Unless that passive is ALSO only for PVE... then I have been mistakenly overestimating my damage output greatly haha. I'd really wish they'd tell you in the description if it works for PVP or PVE only. :(
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I'm truly sorry to temporarily steer this back to psy discussion, but I will stop soon after.

Even with 15 apt star chart (have had it for almost 1 year now), it is ridiculously hard (expensive or otherwise lucky) to get 1k total mag attk, not to say 1.3 or 1.6. I was stating I am somewhere close to top end, but not there. For example I lack one 2nd born battle card, the up to date mag attk ring (tho that one does not impact the stat that much tho it adds up).

So please, without diturbing anyone else here, have a look at my char in signature, and feel free to give me advice on personal messages. Here on in game if on Dawnglory.

I have not had time to accurately update the content in that link, but I use now the r9r4 wep +12, and starchart is a bit different. I think mag attk is lower than what I entered, but in any case its pretty close to my overall stats.

One mention tho, base magic attack is BASE. Nothing else besides self buffs. No pots. Take out nw buffs or mag attk charms when u discuss this concept...

@jsxshadow No one said SS is no concern for enemies, but you people tend to overestimate its importance based on the existence of a very few (3-4 psy per server) who can take enough combined hits so that SS does it magic. And that is a biased judgement, especially when saying this is the second concern after tidal (not sure you said it, but someone did). There are so many other classes which impact TW a hell lotta more. Like sending barbs in air or walls, like dunno...maybe popping vortexes out of ur **** every other second and **** over full squads. Or sogging important players without which the DD output of your enemy is halved.. Yes SS at +12 is terrible, but it was always meant as a counter to psy being REALLY squishy in the first place, AND lacking guaranteed control.
    Post edited by magiceffect on
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited December 2016

So please, without diturbing anyone else here, have a look at my char in signature, and feel free to give me advice on personal messages. Here on in game if on Dawnglory.

I dont think we have private message option on these forums, one of the lovely aspects of these crapstatic vanilla forums.

Honestly, your lack of spirit is hurting you more than the lack of magic attack. I would personally rank spirit over magic attack even if gives generally less damage than magic attack on star chart. High spirit psy also gets more out of that annoying as cancer SoS than the ones with low spirit who get dumpstered significantly easier. Other than that, get genie/sovereign stones on your accessories, even if costs gross(~1,3b on Et to go from 3 sock spirit shards to 4 sock genies). But I would prolly keep those spirit shards on accessories till I rolled another chart, which had double spirit and some magic attack and would thus be more desirable than your current one.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    I'm truly sorry to temporarily steer this back to psy discussion, but I will stop soon after.

Even with 15 apt star chart (have had it for almost 1 year now), it is ridiculously hard (expensive or otherwise lucky) to get 1k total mag attk, not to say 1.3 or 1.6. I was stating I am somewhere close to top end, but not there. For example I lack one 2nd born battle card, the up to date mag attk ring (tho that one does not impact the stat that much tho it adds up).

I have not had time to accurately update the content in that link, but I use now the r9r4 wep +12, and starchart is a bit different. I think mag attk is lower than what I entered, but in any case its pretty close to my overall stats.

One mention tho, base magic attack is BASE. Nothing else besides self buffs. No pots. Take out nw buffs or mag attk charms when u discuss this concept...

@jsxshadow No one said SS is no concern for enemies, but you people tend to overestimate its importance based on the existence of a very few (3-4 psy per server) who can take enough combined hits so that SS does it magic. And that is a biased judgement, especially when saying this is the second concern after tidal (not sure you said it, but someone did). There are so many other classes which impact TW a hell lotta more. Like sending barbs in air or walls, like dunno...maybe popping vortexes out of ur **** every other second and **** over full squads. Or sogging important players without which the DD output of your enemy is halved.. Yes SS at +12 is terrible, but it was always meant as a counter to psy being REALLY squishy in the first place, AND lacking guaranteed control.

Your build looks fine, don't worry about magic attack and just work on building up everything you can in a combination. Stacking magic attack, spirit, attack levels, and magic pen is far better than sacrificing everything for magic attack. Getting 85k base is solely for e-peen, and not actual performance (that psy with 70k magic attack and 2300 magic pen is hitting harder than the 85k w/ no pen).
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Even with Twilight Sky 10 people are still overestimating Spirit I see. Oh well. I for one would rather get double pdef/mdef (Both) and HP on a chart on my endgame caster than double mattack, mpen or spirit.

A 20 apt chart with double mdef and pdef add approx 2.5k pdef and 6.5k mdef if all are fates. Combine that with a decent cardset, full josd/serenity + sovereign and max buffs and you will nearly never die unless you get purged and then you have to be decently debuffed as well. Being a psy and habing white voodoo AND soul of silence as well will make you nearly unable to be killed at all if you play wiseley.

Well to be honest..I'd rather add that SoS on an equally built Storm and just be a vortex tankgod. Depending on class and purpose its not always wise to go for max damage..not even as DD-classes.

Also, I am not everestimating SoS. A full defensive psy that just annoys people with constant sos procs and stuns while refusing to die is a much bigger threat for enemy AOE DDs compared to a puny Max Damage psy that gets 3 shot. Taking out main DDs in mass with enough people is way too easy. You deal the most damage, you get sog'ed or die first. Not the wisest choice imho cept if you only fight vs **** that is.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Even with Twilight Sky 10 people are still overestimating Spirit I see. Oh well. I for one would rather get double pdef/mdef (Both) and HP on a chart on my endgame caster than double mattack, mpen or spirit.

Not rally, spirit went from de facto best stat to best overall stat. If you want to specialize in certain aspect of game, spirit isnt the best stat for it any longer but when looking for overall strength of your character its still very important.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    My rant started out from hearing how OP psy's are and how SoS is why psy should not get buffed a bit. Then someone saying oh my god, psy can get to 100k base mag attk and be monsters.

I was merely pointing out how ridiculous all these statements are. Do not judge a class by the very select few who have everything on them. People who r not full +12 but like the class should also be able to enjoy the game. Any class should be able to use most of it potential at +10.

But in any case I am happy to see that we will finally be able to get some guaranteed controls through these runes.
    As for mag attk vs spirit conundrum, I personally tend to balance things out and approach them strategically. Spirit is damn important if you are below the average (1.5k no?), but its importance tends to decrease in time with new sky levels and all. Mag attk is a safe thing to invest in.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    If you look closely, you can see a tiny icon at the top left corner of the merged skills indicating what runes were equipped on them.
    And also new tiger smileys apparently.
    15252605_559740647553712_4122985531542613983_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9

​​
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    He also added regarding that chinese thread, "the main discussion updated the current latest version, Aurora skills (treatment blockers) will not affect the HP props absorption, there is no affirmative answer" , sounds like what you said might be true =.=

Yes, you are correct in everything you have said, sorry I have been out due my work. They are still complaining on wanmei forums non stop, and there are more stealth nerfs for Clerics, like the rune that reduces channel for the AOE heal actually reduces the healing by A TON, to the point is useless.

It seems that they indeed stealth nerfed aurora skills to not affect the HP charm and when an angry user created a ticket about it China said it was not a bug, that this was intended, I'm sorry for all the clerics out there it seems this is intentional. If you want the source link I will happy provide them. There is also complains about seal of god but I don't understand a single thing not even with google translate, it seems you get an invalid when you cast it on monsters.

China has completely lost it, they are on nerfing clerics spree, China seems to think Clerics are OP, they are the only class nerfed on the last update.

Edit: Good news on the December 7 update they are repairing aurora skills, among many others, and also fixing lots of Rune skills. @Asterelle can you dump this new update skill text, sorry for the trouble.

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/thread-3301552-1-1.html

* Jingxin mine, Aurora magic Ray - repair it does not absorb the red symbol problem

Post edited by samasalao on
  • dregenfox
    edited December 2016

A 20 apt chart with double mdef and pdef add approx 2.5k pdef and 6.5k mdef if all are fates. Combine that with a decent cardset, full josd/serenity + sovereign and max buffs and you will nearly never die unless you get purged and then you have to be decently debuffed as well. Being a psy and habing white voodoo AND soul of silence as well will make you nearly unable to be killed at all if you play wiseley.

Well to be honest..I'd rather add that SoS on an equally built Storm and just be a vortex tankgod. Depending on class and purpose its not always wise to go for max damage..not even as DD-classes.

Also, I am not everestimating SoS. A full defensive psy that just annoys people with constant sos procs and stuns while refusing to die is a much bigger threat for enemy AOE DDs compared to a puny Max Damage psy that gets 3 shot. Taking out main DDs in mass with enough people is way too easy. You deal the most damage, you get sog'ed or die first. Not the wisest choice imho cept if you only fight vs **** that is.

A 2x magic attack fatestar, 2x magic pen fatestar at 20 apt and 70k base magic attack is ~44% more damage, that's pretty significant. It would really depend on the player whether he/she wants to sacrifice survivability for more damage. I've seen the chart Spellstorm uses and it's obvious he places a large emphasis on offensive power.

Defensive chart is nice but you're still forced to split between two different resists, and the HP fatestar is pretty mediocre for +11 or higher refined players.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Am i the only one excited for the new style catshop in @catgirldesu s screeny xD hope we get it!

I like the little indicators on the skills too. Easy to see if youre looking for them but not distracting.
  • freygin

Yes, you are correct in everything you have said, sorry I have been out due my work. They are still complaining on wanmei forums non stop, and there are more stealth nerfs for Clerics, like the rune that reduces channel for the AOE heal actually reduces the healing by A TON, to the point is useless.

It seems that they indeed stealth nerfed aurora skills to not affect the HP charm and when an angry user created a ticket about it China said it was not a bug, that this was intended, I'm sorry for all the clerics out there it seems this is intentional. If you want the source link I will happy provide them. There is also complains about seal of god but I don't understand a single thing not even with google translate, it seems you get an invalid when you cast it on monsters.

China has completely lost it, they are on nerfing clerics spree, China seems to think Clerics are OP, they are the only class nerfed on the last update.

Edit: Good news on the December 7 update they are repairing aurora skills, among many others, and also fixing lots of Rune skills. @Asterelle can you dump this new update skill text, sorry for the trouble.

* Jingxin mine, Aurora magic Ray - repair it does not absorb the red symbol problem

I don't mind with sog not working on monsters, maybe they did it because it can bug monster's 'turtle icon' buff.

Thanks to cn clerics for fighting for it :D , by repairing does it work like before without any nerf whatsoever ?

Nerfing aurora is like taking away spark from wiz and absorb soul from ms, instant chi/tidal from sins, etc. So if they really want to nerf it, they should give another means for clerics to be offensive, because with cleric dps even in uvd I dont think cleric would be able to kill.

Since they failed to nerf cleric this time and think clerics are op, I'm afraid clerics won't get anything useful in any updates to come. I won't be surprised if clerics move at the bottom of the food chain after a few updates later. :(
  • dregenfox
    edited December 2016

I don't mind with sog not working on monsters, maybe they did it because it can bug monster's 'turtle icon' buff.

Thanks to cn clerics for fighting for it :D , by repairing does it work like before without any nerf whatsoever ?

Nerfing aurora is like taking away spark from wiz and absorb soul from ms, instant chi/tidal from sins, etc. So if they really want to nerf it, they should give another means for clerics to be offensive, because with cleric dps even in uvd I dont think cleric would be able to kill.

Since they failed to nerf cleric this time and think clerics are op, I'm afraid clerics won't get anything useful in any updates to come. I won't be surprised if clerics move at the bottom of the food chain after a few updates later. :(

What exactly do clerics need though? They are extremely strong in 1v1, and they're also the top target in pvp as well. They are so core to mass pk that any changes made will have significant effects on pvp balance.

They're also already able to facetank multiple sins/barbs/etc, and skilled max-geared clerics need an extreme amount of coordination/focus to take down.

• hogwarts123
    hogwarts123 Posts: 66 Arc User
    @eirghan if you're looking at the little cat face on the right, that's not a catshop. It's a mount we currently have and is available through the Treasure system (called Snowspirit Cat mount)

• freygin
    edited December 2016
    dregenfox wrote: »

What exactly do clerics need though? They are extremely strong in 1v1, and they're also the top target in pvp as well. They are so core to mass pk that any changes made will have significant effects on pvp balance.

They're also already able to facetank multiple sins/barbs/etc, and skilled max-geared clerics need an extreme amount of coordination/focus to take down.

In 1v1 cleric is strong but using specific genie can help tremendously, also most ppl where I play always use cleric buffs even for 1v1 against a cleric, that's really a disadvantage because most other classes' defensive skills when stacked with cleric buffs are almost impossible to beat unless it's a duel with no charm. I know most ppl in PWI are fair players but on a pvp server where I play, in a situation like that it's really hard to win. And like you said, cleric is extremely strong in 1v1, that's why they insist cleric buffs are general buffs that should be used even when fighting against a cleric, but funny thing is when fighting classes that can purge, the rule is no purge xD.

What exactly do clerics need ? Cleric needs its Aurora skills intact, we're talking about the stealth nerf from nov 11 patch which made aurora skills don't affect hp charm and said that it's intended, but is now 'fixed' with dec 7 patch. Imagine cleric with no aurora skills, I don't think cleric can kill with its dps alone.

Facetank multiple sins/barbs ? it happens, but it's also situational, one purge after plume shell will floor cleric real quick, max-geared any class is hard to kill as well, not just cleric. Anything can happen in a mass PK, if cleric is THAT op, why sins or [insert a class with the most population in PWI] is the most class that ppl play ?

So I'm only worry that because wanmei want to stealth nerf cleric and failed, next updates might neglect cleric, not that clerics need anything. Look at archers, archers were #1 favorite back in the day beside veno, but after many years it's been neglected for too long.
    Post edited by freygin on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    mymbarb wrote: »
    Duskblade (Part 2)

Constellation Arc
    Range melee
    Mana 152
    Channel 0.1 seconds
    Cast 1.1 seconds
    Cooldown 6.0 seconds
    Weapon Saber

Sweep your blade into a mighty attack, using the points of the constellations as your guide. Deals base physical damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 10428, and decreases the targets Physical Defense from gear by 60% for 10 seconds. If the target is a player, Physical Defense will instead be reduced by 90%.
    Costs 30 chi.

Rune 1
    Lvl1-4: Adds 30% of weapon damage.
    Lvl5-7: Adds 40% of weapon damage.
    Lvl8-9: Adds 50% of weapon damage.
    Lvl10: Adds 60% of weapon damage.

Rune 2
    Lvl1-4: Cast range increased by 2 meters.
    Lvl5-7: Cast range increased by 3 meters.
    Lvl8-9: Cast range increased by 4 meters.
    Lvl10: Cast range increased by 5 meters.

Rune 3
    Has a 50% chance to deal additional damage.
    Lvl1-4: Additional 60% of weapon damage.
    Lvl5-7: Additional 80% of weapon damage.
    Lvl8-9: Additional 100% of weapon damage.
    Lvl10: Additional 120% of weapon damage.

Rune 4
    Lvl1-4: Base defense reduction increased to 72%.
    Lvl5-7: Base defense reduction increased to 78%.
    Lvl8-9: Base defense reduction increased to 84%.
    Lvl10: Base defense reduction increased to 90%.

Rune 5
    Only applies while in Reaper Form.
    Lvl1-4: Deals an additional 60% of weapon damage.
    Lvl5-7: Deals an additional 80% of weapon damage.
    Lvl8-9: Deals an additional 100% of weapon damage.
    Lvl10: Deals an additional 120% of weapon damage.

Grief
    Range melee
    Mana 159
    Channel 0.1 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Saber

Emerge from the arc of your attack into a series of zig-zagging slashes, dealing base physical damage plus 310% of weapon damage plus 12911. The third strike paralyzes the target for 4 seconds. You do not take damage while casting this skill.
    (No chi cost.)

Rune 1
    Lvl1-4: Adds 50% of weapon damage.
    Lvl5-7: Adds 70% of weapon damage.
    Lvl8-9: Adds 90% of weapon damage.
    Lvl10: Adds 110% of weapon damage.

Rune 2
    Lvl1-4: Cast range increased by 2 meters.
    Lvl5-7: Cast range increased by 3 meters.
    Lvl8-9: Cast range increased by 4 meters.
    Lvl10: Cast range increased by 5 meters.

Rune 3
    Has a 50% chance to deal additional damage.
    Lvl1-4: Additional 100% of weapon damage.
    Lvl5-7: Additional 140% of weapon damage.
    Lvl8-9: Additional 180% of weapon damage.
    Lvl10: Additional 220% of weapon damage.

Rune 4
    Lvl1-4: Cooldown decreased by 4 seconds.
    Lvl5-7: Cooldown decreased by 6 seconds.
    Lvl8-9: Cooldown decreased by 8 seconds.
    Lvl10: Cooldown decreased by 10 seconds.

Rune 5
    Lvl1-4: Deals an additional 100% of weapon damage.
    Lvl5-7: Deals an additional 140% of weapon damage.
    Lvl8-9: Deals an additional 180% of weapon damage.
    Lvl10: Deals an additional 220% of weapon damage.

Relentless Drift
    Range 28 meters
    Mana 120
    Cast 0.7 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Chi Gained 10
    Weapon Saber

Charge toward your enemy with a relentless attack, dealing 30% of base physical damage plus 2148 and stunning the target for 2 seconds. If the target dies within 20 seconds, the cooldown will be instantly reset.

Rune 1
    Lvl1-4: Adds 15% of base damage plus 1200 physical damage.
    Lvl5-7: Adds 20% of base damage plus 1800 physical damage.
    Lvl8-9: Adds 25% of base damage plus 2400 physical damage.
    Lvl10: Adds 30% of base damage plus 3000 physical damage.

Rune 2
    Lvl1-4: Increases the range by 4 meters.
    Lvl5-7: Increases the range by 6 meters.
    Lvl8-9: Increases the range by 8 meters.
    Lvl10: Increases the range by 10 meters.

Rune 3
    Lvl1-4: 40% chance to remove freeze effect on yourself.
    Lvl5-7: 60% chance to remove freeze effect on yourself.
    Lvl8-9: 80% chance to remove freeze effect on yourself.
    Lvl10: 100% chance to remove freeze effect on yourself.

Rune 4
    Lvl1-4: Chi gained increased to 15.
    Lvl5-7: Chi gained increased to 20.
    Lvl8-9: Chi gained increased to 25.
    Lvl10: Chi gained increased to 30.

Rune 5
    Lvl1-4: Also paralyzes the target for 0.5 seconds.
    Lvl5-7: Also paralyzes the target for 1.0 second.
    Lvl8-9: Also paralyzes the target for 1.5 seconds.
    Lvl10: Also paralyzes the target for 2.0 seconds.

Distant Cloud
    Range 12 meters
    Mana 174
    Channel 0.1 seconds
    Cast 1.8 seconds
    Cooldown 60.0 seconds
    Chi Gained 10
    Weapon Saber

Launch the target into the air with a powerful blow, dealing base physical damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 8933. Increases your Critical Rate by 40% for 6 seconds. Resets the cooldown on Relentless Drift, and removes the cooldown from your next Relentless Drift within 6 seconds.
    Costs 50 chi.

Rune 1
    Lvl1-4: Adds 40% of weapon damage.
    Lvl5-7: Adds 60% of weapon damage.
    Lvl8-9: Adds 80% of weapon damage.
    Lvl10: Adds 100% of weapon damage.

Rune 2
    Lvl1-4: Increases the cast range by 4 meters.
    Lvl5-7: Increases the cast range by 6 meters.
    Lvl8-9: Increases the cast range by 8 meters.
    Lvl10: Increases the cast range by 10 meters.

Rune 3
    Lvl1-4: Cooldown decreased by 6 seconds.
    Lvl5-7: Cooldown decreased by 9 seconds.
    Lvl8-9: Cooldown decreased by 12 seconds.
    Lvl10: Cooldown decreased by 15 seconds.

Rune 4
    Lvl1-4: Critical Rate buff lasts 2 seconds longer.
    Lvl5-7: Critical Rate buff lasts 3 seconds longer.
    Lvl8-9: Critical Rate buff lasts 4 seconds longer.
    Lvl10: Critical Rate buff lasts 5 seconds longer.

Rune 5
    Lvl1-4: Critical Rate buff lasts 6 seconds longer.
    Lvl5-7: Critical Rate buff lasts 7 seconds longer.
    Lvl8-9: Critical Rate buff lasts 8 seconds longer.
    Lvl10: Critical Rate buff lasts 9 seconds longer.

Slash of Pride
    Range melee
    Mana 200
    Channel charge
    Cast 0.6 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Chi Gained 10
    Weapon Saber

Charge your weapon for 2.2 seconds, then unleash the stored energy against all targets within 12 meters, dealing base physical damage plus 310% of weapon damage plus 7634. Stuns the targets for 1 second and disarms them for up to 9 seconds. Deals an additional 30% damage when fully charged.

Rune 1
    Lvl1-4: Adds 20% of weapon damage plus 364 damage.
    Lvl5-7: Adds 30% of weapon damage plus 546 damage.
    Lvl8-9: Adds 40% of weapon damage plus 728 damage.
    Lvl10: Adds 50% of weapon damage plus 910 damage.

Rune 2
    Lvl1-4: Increases the cast range by 2 meters.
    Lvl5-7: Increases the cast range by 3 meters.
    Lvl8-9: Increases the cast range by 4 meters.
    Lvl10: Increases the cast range by 5 meters.

Rune 3
    Lvl1-4: Maximum charge time reduced to 2.0 seconds.
    Lvl5-7: Maximum charge time reduced to 1.9 seconds.
    Lvl8-9: Maximum charge time reduced to 1.8 seconds.
    Lvl10: Maximum charge time reduced to 1.7 seconds.

Rune 4
    Lvl1-4: Fully charged bonus damage increased to 35%.
    Lvl5-7: Fully charged bonus damage increased to 40%.
    Lvl8-9: Fully charged bonus damage increased to 45%.
    Lvl10: Fully charged bonus damage increased to 50%.

Rune 5
    Lvl1-4: Disarm lasts 6 seconds independant of charged up time.
    Lvl5-7: Disarm lasts 7 seconds independant of charged up time.
    Lvl8-9: Disarm lasts 8 seconds independant of charged up time.
    Lvl10: Disarm lasts 9 seconds independant of charged up time.

Had to make a second post because one didn't let me use enough characters.

Im curious why constellation Arc original text specifies physical defense and the rune skill 4 says BASE (highlighted them) thats odd I wish by base it would mean both phy and magic lol otherwise it would mean 90% agianst mobs too which is kinda worthless imo xD well if its a text error this might be good but completely rediculous to make it even a option for pve lmfao

105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • mymbarb
    mymbarb Posts: 60 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Im curious why constellation Arc original text specifies physical defense and the rune skill 4 says BASE (highlighted them) thats odd I wish by base it would mean both phy and magic lol otherwise it would mean 90% agianst mobs too which is kinda worthless imo xD well if its a text error this might be good but completely rediculous to make it even a option for pve lmfao

What I hope this means is, that it becomes 72/78/84/90% pdef reduction against mobs and 102/108/114/120% against players.
    So 'base defense reduction' as in the basic of this skill against mobs which will be increased by another 30% against players still.

This would be the most logical thing for me and frankly, make it an even nicer debuff with all the physical defense buffs.
  • blazerboy
    @mymbarb I would prefer it reduced defense of both mdef and pdef making VERY good for assisting in mass pk while if it's 120% agianst players I would also consider it due to the fact the would also help in the future whenever g17 becomes meta and people who have those annoying 80 def level. But for me mdef and pdef is preferred. I know it sounds redundant but BASE isn't very descriptive since this game affects stats in a variety of ways like most skills that say reduces 100% defense isn't really exactly 100%
  • jsxshadow
    @mymbarb I would prefer it reduced defense of both mdef and pdef making VERY good for assisting in mass pk while if it's 120% agianst players I would also consider it due to the fact the would also help in the future whenever g17 becomes meta and people who have those annoying 80 def level. But for me mdef and pdef is preferred. I know it sounds redundant but BASE isn't very descriptive since this game affects stats in a variety of ways like most skills that say reduces 100% defense isn't really exactly 100%

Nah Duskblades are strong enough. With g17 (Heartbite Rend proc) DBs will be able to easily oneshot nearly any class. 90% from arc + 100% from rend +50% from mire...thats 240%...that equals max def of people with cleric buffs. Any selfbuffed caster/LA will die Oneshot from a single hit with those debuffs on, especially those without a pdef selfbuff because they end up at 0 def.

Arc is already way too cheap to use, increasing its power any further would be just stupid xD

• blazerboy
    @jsxshadow I'm not saying it's much work but still I welcome it to become 120% or similar to rend but not being the 60% in PvE to 90% that's worthless upgrade xD
  • jsxshadow
    aradya6793 wrote: »

Nah Duskblades are strong enough. With g17 (Heartbite Rend proc) DBs will be able to easily oneshot nearly any class. 90% from arc + 100% from rend +50% from mire...thats 240%...that equals max def of people with cleric buffs. Any selfbuffed caster/LA will die Oneshot from a single hit with those debuffs on, especially those without a pdef selfbuff because they end up at 0 def.

Arc is already way too cheap to use, increasing its power any further would be just stupid xD

naa doesnt work like that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCAarc9LDWA&t=77s 1:18
    rend + demon arc + mires = pdef from 40k to 17k

rend is good only on wizards 0def on fire combo, stormies 0def on perigean ulti combo​​

Well, ofc the difference isnt that big on a barb. You have ~900 Stat points that Push Defense that is not debuffable..+ tiger form + cleric buffs.

Rend is extremely useful in Mass-PvP but is killer in 1v1. Barbs, BMs, Duskblade, Storms, Wizards, even Archer. Heck any class that has huge debuffs can make massive use out of Rend. For example..a selfbuffed Dusk..you use devour + STR mire and rend procs then the next hit will oneshot the duskblade cause his def is 0. Base def is 180%, all of that combined is 200% which even nullifies the few STR points Duskblades use. That pretty much means that you can camp tiger and spam tiger skills as long as needed until rend procs, use devour or keep it up all the time and after mire the next hit will kill. Crit or not will not matter on 0 def. Penetrate Armor will even mostly suffice in Human form since its only 15% less compared to devour. Still 185% in total. Anything without a selfbuff will get blasted away by this easily on selfbuffs.

The thing is that only Duskblades and Barbs can use their debuffs relatively quick. The effective usable time of rend is approx 6.5 seconds and that is not alot of time. BM's will have a hard time since GS is slow and has a high chi cost. Wizards also have to be quick to undine + spark and get rid of def charms in the same breath as rend isnt really that realiable to proc. It's mostly effective on classes that can spam skills quite fast. Sage Moonblade comes to mind (Stormbringer) if you proc rend with that multi-hit skill + the amp from Moonblade and you can fire a Frozen Lightning right after then you got a nice and fast killshot :D

The true strength of rend comes to shine in mass pvp tho. As every proc will be calculated for every single target you hit differently (unlike gof which hits everyone or none) you can destroy people with it when you use such a weapon in Barbs ulti combined with storms ulti. Add AoE purge and everyone now has a 180% mag def debuff or a mire'ed 230% physical debuff. This will obliterate entire groups of people. Even more so than it already does :D Purge works the same way.

I like rend. It's fun to use :D
  • blazerboy
    edited January 2017
    My greatest concern lies with, 300% wep damage adds or 600% in some cases make a massive diff. I know adding a ton of base damage means a lot but weapon damage? If I recall sparks don't scale so well with weapon damage skills hence when 3rd spark it's nothing compared to sin damage imo.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Being stupid. But have we got info on how to make the runes...