Server Error

Options
I'm surprised that nobody has opened a thread about it yet.
So, why is it happening and why is it stlll happening (since it's not new).
Seriously it's freaking annoying. I've lost a couple of Flowsilver coins, some Starchart stuff and just now I lost a 4.5mil xp Convoy. I'm really upset damn it !!!

Comments

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    Server error has been happening since 2011, probably before as well. We just accept it as part of life, because the developing team "can not recreate the problem".

Most of the times it is the internet connection problem between your place and pwi servers though.​​
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options
    There have been many threads about this, I know cause I've looked into it before as well. I found a solution that so far has worked wonders for me (and for most other people I've suggested it to), and that is turning on your V-Sync setting. I never have server errors thanks to it, might work for you too, worth a shot monkey-1.gif​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    Another workaround: when you are logging in a character, alt tab to another window (right after you click "enter").​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Flushing your DNS stack works wonders.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • filipenogueras
    filipenogueras Posts: 134 Arc User
    Options
    Shade13. Tried alt+tab but didn't work : C
    forbiddenwords. I'll definately try it. Thanks for the advice.
    sylenthunder. I have no clue what you're talking about but I think it's about connection stuff, right ? Anyway I'll read about it to try and figure out something.

Thank you all for the reply
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    Go to your command prompt, you can just search for it. Write " ipconfig /flushdns " and press enter. And youre done.

To me flushing dns hasnt helped with the issue but the tabbing to another screen has, never have login issues with it.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    Weird. Always works for me, and someone else advised it, some ppl use it and it works. How you did it? You are supposed to click 'start' and tab away instantly so you don't see the logging in progress and when you switch back to game, your toon should be already in game. I'm not sure if it works with full screen, I always play in window. If it doesn't work, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • filipenogueras
    filipenogueras Posts: 134 Arc User
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    Weird. Always works for me, and someone else advised it, some ppl use it and it works. How you did it? You are supposed to click 'start' and tab away instantly so you don't see the logging in progress and when you switch back to game, your toon should be already in game. I'm not sure if it works with full screen, I always play in window. If it doesn't work, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯​​

I always do exactly the way you said.
    Always windowed, I press start and instantly switch to another window. Still had server errors like always : c

But the advice from forbiddenwords worked perfectly. Leaving V-Sync on worked like magic. Since the 1st attempt I never had another server error.

Thank you very much. God bless you guys !!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    I had this for a few days. I'm a bit old school so I turned of my main router and had the backup do its job. No problems. Gave it 12 hours off and restart. No problems.

Since its happened a few times but I just do the same thing.

Most people don't have 2 lines but if you can try your phone or mobile Internet and see if it still happens.

Weird really. Just little things.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options
    Glad it's fixed! monkey-26.gif​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    I can also say that the alt-tab method usually works for me. West Arch is usually where it happens for me - sometimes I have to move in slowly so as not to load every catshop in the area too quickly. If that doesn't work, restart client, alt-tab while you're on the loading message. A few seconds later the area will be loaded and you can alt-tab back. It's very strange, for sure.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server